the drawing of mohammed - Page 5 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: the drawing of mohammed
Friday, February 10, 2006 5:06 PM on j-body.org
^ yes that would be the best option.

but u see, being the major power we are its not possible. we are ALWAYS a target even if we stopped ALL communications with EVERYONE.

so while its unfortunate we have to stick our noses places, and however unnecesary it seems, sadly it is to preserve our power.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::

Friday, February 10, 2006 5:22 PM on j-body.org
Nathaniel O Flaherty wrote:^ yes that would be the best option.

Thank you.
Nathaniel O Flaherty wrote:but u see, being the major power we are its not possible. we are ALWAYS a target even if we stopped ALL communications with EVERYONE.

It's like a hornets nest. You may never bother the nest and still be stung. But, if you poke it with a stick you will be stung a whole lot more.
Nathaniel O Flaherty wrote:so while its unfortunate we have to stick our noses places, and however unnecesary it seems, sadly it is to preserve our power.

Our power isn't from the US beating up other countries. Our power is in our constitution and has grown from living in a free society. That is why it's so important to not allow the government to erode our privacy in the issue of "national security".

The cartoon was drawn to incite violence and provoke the Muslim community. Otherwise it would have been titled "Osama Bomb Ladin", or something else attached to those who are actually responsible for terrorist bombings. It's poked the hornets nest, the only question is who will be stung first.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Friday, February 10, 2006 5:22 PM on j-body.org
Do you think it's possible that the reason why America hasn't been attack by terrorists until recently is cause that they were funding people like Osama Bin Laden?....I would.

03z24
Friday, February 10, 2006 9:02 PM on j-body.org
Those peoples are just dumb to get pissed off by a cartoon. To express their anger with manifestation is ok, but by destroying everything is just stupid. Funny to see how fanatics are some peoples.... When Kanye West made the cover of RS disguised like Jesus, we didn't saw such violence...

Saturday, February 11, 2006 1:13 AM on j-body.org
dont u remember how upset people were in the US when news was showing footage of middle east flag burning?

what if the news showed that a islamic mag had a cartoon of jesus strapped in a cross like possition to a US missle?

it is very inappropriate. and the only thing it does is stir up emotions hate and more conflict in a already high conflict subject

Saturday, February 11, 2006 6:58 AM on j-body.org
Da Ghost (Qc) wrote:Those peoples are just dumb to get pissed off by a cartoon. To express their anger with manifestation is ok, but by destroying everything is just stupid. Funny to see how fanatics are some peoples.... When Kanye West made the cover of RS disguised like Jesus, we didn't saw such violence...

Christian dogma does not forbit the creation of images of Jesus or any religious figure. Islamic dogma strictly forbids this practice. They have had a culture of no images of the profit for centuries. It is embeddied in their culture. The cartoons were not just an insult, but a shock to the system.

PAX
Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:32 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:
Da Ghost (Qc) wrote:Those peoples are just dumb to get pissed off by a cartoon. To express their anger with manifestation is ok, but by destroying everything is just stupid. Funny to see how fanatics are some peoples.... When Kanye West made the cover of RS disguised like Jesus, we didn't saw such violence...

Christian dogma does not forbit the creation of images of Jesus or any religious figure. Islamic dogma strictly forbids this practice. They have had a culture of no images of the profit for centuries. It is embeddied in their culture. The cartoons were not just an insult, but a shock to the system.

PAX

The main difference I'm seeing between Islamic and Christianity (yes there is scripture in the Christian Bible that says "we're" not supposed to make vain images of "Anything in heaven" ( I can only assume that includes God) is that Christians don't "punish" those who aren't in the religion. I guess what I'm trying to say is the Islamic faith says "make no images of God" and they think "Ok NO ONE can make images of God", weither they are islamic or not. Christians think "Ok WE can not make images of God" There are some certain parts of the Bible that come to mind where someone that isn't "a believer" commits an act that's against the Religion and all that happens is the person say "Forgive them Father(God) for they know not what they do". They don't go and kill the SOB that doesn't follow God....keep in mind that this would be New Testament and not Old.....they killed a lot of people in the old testament because they worshipped other Gods and such.

03z24
Saturday, February 11, 2006 11:16 AM on j-body.org
Calco wrote:
I guess what I'm trying to say is the Islamic faith says "make no images of God" and they think "Ok NO ONE can make images of God", weither they are islamic or not.

Way off point. This isn't over the painting of God giving the "spark of life" to Adam.

Just to put this in context, how many Christians shoot up abortion clinics? Very, very few.
They are not the accurate representation of the entire faith.

If a cartoon of Jesus with an ak-47 shooting up an abortion clinic was printed in USA Today, there would be just as much uprising against USA Today's offices, paper boxes, delivery trucks, etc, etc...

And the moral of the story is "If you mock someone's religeon, expect them to get really p-o'ed. "

Maybe after a few more terrorist attacks the newspapers will learn that the cost of getting readers shouldn't be getting people killed.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Saturday, February 11, 2006 11:32 AM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:
Calco wrote:
I guess what I'm trying to say is the Islamic faith says "make no images of God" and they think "Ok NO ONE can make images of God", weither they are islamic or not.

Way off point. This isn't over the painting of God giving the "spark of life" to Adam.

Just to put this in context, how many Christians shoot up abortion clinics? Very, very few.
They are not the accurate representation of the entire faith.

If a cartoon of Jesus with an ak-47 shooting up an abortion clinic was printed in USA Today, there would be just as much uprising against USA Today's offices, paper boxes, delivery trucks, etc, etc...

And the moral of the story is "If you mock someone's religeon, expect them to get really p-o'ed. "

Maybe after a few more terrorist attacks the newspapers will learn that the cost of getting readers shouldn't be getting people killed.

I think you missed the point I was trying to get across. I don't see how it's off topic, it had to do with people making images of a Religious groups "God" and the different reactions. Abortion is off topic. Also if someone did draw a picture of Jesus with an AK-47 I HIGHLY doubt you find christian burning flags, and threatening to kill people.

03z24
Saturday, February 11, 2006 12:58 PM on j-body.org
Calco wrote: I guess what I'm trying to say is the Islamic faith says "make no images of God" and they think "Ok NO ONE can make images of God"

firstly muhammed is NOT the islamic GOD. muhammed was simply an ordinary man in which gods word traveled through. he was not viewed in any way as a god. but a very spiritual man.

secondly it is not just that THEY can not make depictions of muhammed but they are not supposed to LOOK at depictions no matter who made them.

not only did they make a depiction of muhammed but one that was EXTREMELY flamatory and stereotyping the entire islamic faith into being suicide murdering religious extremists. but the fact is these extremist terrorist are NOT what the koran stands for. that is why they are called extremeist. they take individual parts of the koran and take them to the "extreme" so much that they then selectively disregard other parts. and these type of views are NOT what the majority of all of islam thinks.

if anyone is interested i just started a book for my ancient history class called "understanding islam" i am only in chapter two but it is excellent. it is written by a reporter who spent a LONG time in islam understanding the ins and outs of the people/faith/country.

Monday, February 13, 2006 1:30 AM on j-body.org
I have not read what most of anyone has said, I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Just because you turn on the TV and see a crowd of 500-1000 muslim people screaming and yelling about how pissed off they are about a picture doesn't mean they represent every muslim person in the world or even their country. There are plenty of people who could care less.

What people need to realize is that in every religion there are extremists. The same extremists who blow up abortion clinics and fly planes into buildings. I'm sure there are Hardcore Christians out there who have caniptions when they see the "Buddy Jesus" doll giving the thumbs up.

The sad part is that the middle east is over run with people who out of options and don't know how to handle situations but using violence. "I don't like Jews, lets blow ourselves up in their towns" or "That cartoon pissed me off! Lets shoot up something". These people are associating their crazy antics with their religion and that isn't right.

As far as the picture goes, I find it offensive and no, I'm not muslim.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search