Smoking Ban In US - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Smoking Ban In US
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:28 AM on j-body.org
I judge because like bagge said, i hate to be bothered by them. You said people smoke weed. Right they do, Hell I DO! But i do it in MY OWN HOME. Where noone can see it. I just think it should be confined to your car, or home. Thats it, ya know

You Can Do The Robot With SB

http://assets.m80im.com/teams/techn9ne/tech_logo.jpg

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:30 AM on j-body.org
Well, you make it sound like we purposely come into a building and light up just to piss you non-smokers off... that is not the case... if you happen to stumble around the corner of the building where we are smoking... then you cannot expect us to just put it out right away because you showed up... know what I mean... I smoke, but mostly it's away from the public anyway... (esp the weed. lol)

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:31 AM on j-body.org
Da Robot SB (SouthyATL) wrote:I judge because like bagge said, i hate to be bothered by them. You said people smoke weed. Right they do, Hell I DO! But i do it in MY OWN HOME. Where noone can see it. I just think it should be confined to your car, or home. Thats it, ya know

you cant compare weed to cigarettes. one is legal and one isnt, thats why you smoke weed in your home

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:32 AM on j-body.org
^^^He's got a point there as well... lol

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:34 AM on j-body.org
...Blaze... wrote:I am glad that people like me who smoke piss you off.

Hmmmm....

You Can Do The Robot With SB

http://assets.m80im.com/teams/techn9ne/tech_logo.jpg
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:37 AM on j-body.org
Da Robot SB (SouthyATL) wrote:
...Blaze... wrote:I am glad that people like me who smoke piss you off.

You are a close minded biggoted ass hole. (as are most smokers)

Attitude like that == response well deserved.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:39 AM on j-body.org
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]
Da Robot SB (SouthyATL) wrote:I judge because like bagge said, i hate to be bothered by them. You said people smoke weed. Right they do, Hell I DO! But i do it in MY OWN HOME. Where noone can see it. I just think it should be confined to your car, or home. Thats it, ya know

you cant compare weed to cigarettes. one is legal and one isn't, thats why you smoke weed in your home

he he
theres this guy that lives in the Apt closest to the road,and I mean like 15-20 ft from the road, that smokes pot all the time with the windows open, i can smell it as soon as i get within a block of the house. the police patrol here all the time, and never do a thing. that guy has lived there for years. make your own conclusions.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:45 AM on j-body.org
if you want to smoke that is your decision, but be considerate to other around you. I have met some smoker who will not smoke around me etc.. There are those that you tell my wife has allergy problems and smoking is one of them and the just contiue smoking.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 7:15 AM on j-body.org
dont smoke, never have, prob never will.

parents did growing up, dont like the smell, didnt like the smoke.

my friends smoke, still dont like it.....besides the smell of a few cigars..... but its not my thing.

when my friends come over....streve, bubbleguts, wickedclown, etc.... they all go on the balcony to smoke out of respect to the house. they dont complain about snow on the ground or ice from the balcony....

so me.... i'm cool with it.

what i'm not cool with, its one of the most "FREE" countries in a BAN HAPPY saga.

when people bitch about something.....ban it. if they cant handle it......BAN IT.

its gotten to the point now of some trying to ban PDA public display of affection, which in some places would dictate as HOLDING HANDS.

simple rule of thumb. someone smokes near you..... move

if they follow you, warn them or throw a glass of liquid on their ciggarrette/smokey thing.

if they still persist, deck em......simple as that. dont speak, dont look, just DECK EM.

any decent smoker will oblige if something is bothering you. kinda like a common courtesy unspoken rule deal. like when in the grocery store and granny is blocking the isle, simply say excuse me, and move on....

if they wanna be like the grannies that block the isle, then whatever they get is forth comming.

but there doesnt need to be a ban on smoking.

its like cell phones. theres a ban on em in DC, but its still able to be used....hands free head set or hands free system.

its the dumbarses text messaging people that caused alot of problems.

but theres a comfy medium.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 7:21 AM on j-body.org
I luv the smoking ban here in NYC, I don't smoke and in response to Blaze I dont think that I am the best person in the world cause I am a non-smoker I got nothing against smokers, I just hated coming home from the club/bar and smelling like smoke. Sometimes it was so bad that the next day I would get in the car and it would smell like smoke and nobody was smoking in it, it was just in my clothes and on me. Also its so much better for people with health problems.

I really love the smoking bans here in NYC they are great.

If you just want to do things with your computer, get a Mac. If you want to work on your computer, get a PC.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 7:34 AM on j-body.org
Just for everyone's information, in Alberta, there's a smoking ban in ALL indoor buildings (bars, restaurants, offices etc). That's not all, there's also a MINIMUM DISTANCE you have to be from a building before you light up. I think it's like 6 ft or something, I dunno.

Also, posting broad "facts" without references suck.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 7:34 AM on j-body.org
SiZZy wrote:Fact: Smoke free bars get less business.

Not entirely true. This type law has been in effect for some while now in NYS and has only affected a few bars. Most of the bars that were claiming to be effected by this law were already going under to begin with. I dont see the point of banning smoking in public out door areas walking down the street and the such. I dont see a problem with designated smoking areas outside of buildings. I think the original statement of not being hard to quit smoking was pretty ignorant though. Nicotene has been proven to be one of the most addictive drugs in the world in the rank with Crystal Meth and Heroin I recent read. I am a nonsmoker I have never smoked a cigarette in my life. Personally cigarette smoke doesnt bother me but thats me.
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:16 AM on j-body.org
Mike Woolever wrote:
SiZZy wrote:Fact: Smoke free bars get less business.

Not entirely true. This type law has been in effect for some while now in NYS and has only affected a few bars. Most of the bars that were claiming to be effected by this law were already going under to begin with. I dont see the point of banning smoking in public out door areas walking down the street and the such. I dont see a problem with designated smoking areas outside of buildings. I think the original statement of not being hard to quit smoking was pretty ignorant though. Nicotene has been proven to be one of the most addictive drugs in the world in the rank with Crystal Meth and Heroin I recent read. I am a nonsmoker I have never smoked a cigarette in my life. Personally cigarette smoke doesnt bother me but thats me.

As a New yorker, a bartender, and employee of a family owned Pub THE BAN CAUSES PROBLEMS IN BARS.

Resturante, yeah it sucks, but whatever. I still wish i could smoke in the smoking section of a resturante but hey what can ya do.

However, It should not be banned outside. What about people who dont have a car and travel by bus. And say they work all day. Now they can smoke. for 10-12 hours. May not seem like a big deal to non smokers but i think thats bull @!#$.

Bars are lossing money. I was a bouncer in a bar that tryed to end smoking when the ban when into effect. The cause was fights outside from people smoking. So we brought in more bouncers to stay outside and monitor smokers. Now you are loosing over a grand a week. So the owner said @!#$ it and defyed the ban. two years of no problems and a health inspector busts him and fines him. Start smoking outside, in the process of hiring more bouncers, there 16 fights in 4 days, and some pulls out a knive and slices 4 people.

Everybar in our area has applyed for a wavier becuase of the vast amount of business they are loosing.

My grandparents had a front bar and a back bar. The back bar was for everyday use and the front was an 80 foot bar for weddings and things like that. Also they held bingo in there banquest hall. Bingo became non exsistant. it went from over 200 people on tuesdays to under 50. The front bar did fine but the back bar is suffering very much, you never used to be able to get a drink in there it was so crowded and now there maybe 4 or 5 at one time in there on a week night.

People have the choice to go to a bar or not. If they dont like the smoke then dont @!#$ go.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:26 AM on j-body.org
Thats f'd up if you dont smoke go to the bar anyway and if u gotta smoke then whats the problem go the @!#$ outside. Damn if I was a smoker I would have no problem with going outside.... whats the big deal. If you have kids do u smoke in front of them.

If you just want to do things with your computer, get a Mac. If you want to work on your computer, get a PC.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:30 AM on j-body.org
Ban the stupid sh:t, I cant stand coming home from bars or anywhere else there is smoking smelling worse than a dogs a55hole.

And the BS about being hard to quit, fo(k that! Ive known alot of people who just quit cold turkey. Sounds like you people who cant or wont quit have very low will power.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:34 AM on j-body.org
Yup. smoking makes you smell like ass.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:35 AM on j-body.org
Yeah it does make you smell like ass... if you hotbox with it... When I smoke outdoors... nothing a little aftershave can't fix...

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:36 AM on j-body.org
ever been next to someone who smells like 5 day old smoke

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:39 AM on j-body.org
Yeah... when I came back from camping... them camp fire smell is much worse than cigarette smoke smell... lol

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:41 AM on j-body.org
Z2FLIP4 wrote:Ban the stupid sh:t, I cant stand coming home from bars or anywhere else there is smoking smelling worse than a dogs a55hole.

And the BS about being hard to quit, fo(k that! Ive known alot of people who just quit cold turkey. Sounds like you people who cant or wont quit have very low will power.

Jackalope wrote:Yup. smoking makes you smell like ass.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:13 AM on j-body.org
Z2FLIP4 wrote:Ban the stupid sh:t, I cant stand coming home from bars or anywhere else there is smoking smelling worse than a dogs a55hole.

Just curious... How do you know what a dogs a55hole smells like since you did make a comparison? lol

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:21 AM on j-body.org
Up here in Sudbury, Ontario they banned smoking in public places such as bars, restaurants and that sort of thing.

Most bars now have built patio's with heaters in them much like arena's. (Since we do get -40 degree weather here).

The non smoking thing hasn't affected buisness a great amount. Paying 4.50 a beer I'm sure will cover this loss.

I do smoke, and I don't when there are people around me who dont like it. If someone says to me not to smoke infront of them, I'll but out and relight it later when they are not around, or I'll move about 40 feet away.

With this smoking ban, we also are not allowed to smoke within 30 feet of any public entrance.

The ban doesn't kill us, I have no problems with it at all.

Disclaimer: I will probally offend you with what is written in this post.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:37 AM on j-body.org
You smoking near me is a hazaderd to my health, just like you drinking and driving where im driving, jut like shooting at me. See the point. It is possible for a non smoker to get lung cancer and die. So if my mother (non-smoker) died of lung cancer from my father smoking, could he be charged with involentary manslaughter??????

It should not be me (the non-smoker) that should have to move. It should be the smoker.
I think it's great that they banned smoking in bars and places to eat here in Columbus, I am much more likely to go out to eat now, and go bowling now that I know I will not have to gagg the whole time.

**The Daily Driver**
http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/4802/image3jp7dc.jpg
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:41 AM on j-body.org
Personally I dont smoke like im addicted, but more like on occasion (Parties and what not). I enjoy it, its relaxing. However, I personally dislike smoking in Public areas because i feel like im disrespecting non-smokers, hence why i smoke outside.

But at the same time it doesnt seem right to put a ban on it. I mean like event was saying, this is the land of the free. By banning smoking your singleing out a huge portion of the country, thats not fair to them as americans.

I could stop doing it all together, but ive never really had a reason to. If i enjoy it why should i stop smoking?

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:07 AM on j-body.org
"cold turkey" for the greater majority of smokers is NOT as easy as you think it is...

The chemical addiction alone is hard to fight... the withdrawl...

Not to mention even if you do quit... I've known people who have quit for YEARS and still to this day get cravings...

Unless you've smoked yourself... don't underestimate the addiction. It's not something you can just "turn off"... and it has nothing to do with a "lack of willpower". Plenty of people have the willpower... but just end up caving after a while.

Sure... some quit like it's no problem and are fine... the vast majority of "quitters" do not or cannot...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search