Should gay couples be allowed to adopt ? - Page 6 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Should gay couples be allowed to adopt ?
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 4:46 AM on j-body.org
The word Catholic means universal. The Universal Church is the Catholic church and last time I checked, they teach from the Bible. It is not a sin to be gay. Being gay presents a special challenge though as having homosexual sex is sinful, therefore the stictly Christian gay person would have to remain celebate. Tough challenge, but then we are all sinners as we all fail in the challenge presented us. Again, sin is there to remind you of you imperfections, not to condemn you to Hell. The priciple teaching of Christ.. God loves all of his children equally and no sin against God is greater than another.

PAX

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 5:18 AM on j-body.org
The only way someone can be re-married in the church is if the spouce died or was found to be an adulterer. No other reason for devorce is even considered in the church.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 3:50 PM on j-body.org
I wonder if Jesus knew what catholicism was during his time? But then again, Martin Luther actually opened up the bible to see what it said and so the Lutheren religion was formed. You can get all kinds of religions out of certain scriptures and build a religion around twisting the truth like mormons, catholics, jehova's witnesses, and many more, but then again, we have to agree to disagree.
I myself am struggling to see why can't jews be accepted as born again christians and still practice their culture. They are the seed that produced the messiah, but then again, a gentile Jesus suits us just fine, and so we tend to push the Jewish representation of Jesus out of our teachings because we see most jews as not even believing in Him, when in the beginning the first christians were jews. They are the church that God enlightens us about to come forth in the end times that will fulfill His word, not the catholics, which act to say that jews are null and void of Gods plan, and that catholics are the new church. There is not one bit of scripture supporting that. Jesus is the head of the church, not Paul nor Peter, as others may say. Thats just bad doctrine, unsound universalism to make everybody feel good.
Sin will send any one person to hell if he or she does not become born again by holy spirit through Jesus Christ. Thats biblical fact. Hell is real, purgatory is made up, and heaven is for those who walk in their livelyhood with Jesus as their their Savior. Heaven is a place where God will be worshipped, not for the lucky to say they made it, but for the one's who have a trusting relationship with God in knowing how it will be. Full of rejoice and praise to the holy one. <><

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 4:26 PM on j-body.org
You really haven't read much have you? Jesus specificky appointed Peter as the head of the church on Earth and that was the beginning of the "Catholic" church (Catholic means universal). Jesus founded the Catholic church and appointed Peter its leader. That is most definately in there.

Jews don't believe in Hell at all.

So do you believe that there is a "Judgement day"? If so, what happens in between your death and that day? It's called Purgatory. It's not a place so much as a state. It is not as it has been represented by movies and such, and no, you cannot buy a ticket out, but the fact remains that you must wait for judgement and while you wait, you may as well think about what you have done in your life. It will seem as if the blink of an eye anyway.

There are people referred to as Messianic Jews, look it up.

There is nowhere in the Bible that states you must be born again to attain Heaven, unless you mean the act of recognising your Lord at the time of Judgement. It does say quite plainly that God loves all his children. Will you despute that? What do you think God does with the souls of those who have never even heard of Jesus?

PAX
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 4:26 PM on j-body.org
speaking of catholic church. I used to be catholic but now I'm not.

I think If We could follow the 10 commandments, life might be easier.
(sorry they're CAPed)

I) THOU SHALT HAVE NO OTHER GOD'S BEFORE ME.
II) THOU SHALT NOT MAKE UNTO THEE ANY GRAVEN IMAGE OR ANY LIKENESS OF ANY THING THAT IS IN HEAVEN ABOVE, OR THAT IS IN THE EARTH BENEATH, OR THAT IS IN THE WATER UNDER THE EARTH: THOU SHALT NOT BOW DOWN THYSELF TO THEM, NOR SERVE THEM: FOR I THE LORD THY GOD AM A JEALOUS GOD, VISITING THE INIQUITY OF THE FATHERS UPON THE CHILDREN UNTO THE THIRD AND FOURTH GENERATION OF THEM THAT HATE ME;
III) THOU SHALT NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD THY GOD IN VAIN; FOR THE LORD WILL NOT HOLD HIM GUILTLESS THAT TAKETH HIS NAME IN VAIN.
IV) REMEMBER THE SABETH DAY, TO KEEP IT HOLY. SIX DAYS SHALT THOU LABOUR, AND DO ALL THY WORK: BUT THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD THY GOD: IN IT THOU SHALT NOT DO ANY WORK, THOU, NOR THY SON, NOR THY DAUGHTER, THY MANSERVENT, NOR THY MAIDSERVENT, THY CATTLE, NOR THY STRANGER THAT IS WITNIN THY GATES:
V) HONOUR THY FATHER AND THY MOTHER: THAT THY DAYS MANY BE LONG UPON THE LAND, WHICH THE LORD THEY GOD GIVETH THEE.
VI) THOU SHALT NOT KILL.
VII) THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY.
VIII) THOU SHALT NOT STEAL.
IX) THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS AGAINST THEY NEIGHBOUR.
X) THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOUR'S HOUSE, THOU SHALT NOT COVET THEY NEIGHBOUR'S WIFE, NOR HIS MANSERVANT, NOR HIS MAIDSERVENT, NOR HIS OX, NOR HIS ASS, NOR ANY THING THAT IS THY NEIGHBOUR'S.

we should not kill, but we have terrorist all over killing other people

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 4:59 PM on j-body.org
Robby: I think the way it went in hebrew was thou shalt not commit murder... Killing is justifiable in defence.

And the bit about coveting thy neighbour's ass... well... That's just plain comical now

However, Moses destroyed the two tablets... .

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 6:47 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:The only way someone can be re-married in the church is if the spouce died or was found to be an adulterer. No other reason for devorce is even considered in the church.

I've been to 4 church weddings of divorced people, one was on his 3rd wife. To the best of my knowledge, none of these people held a "stoning" of their adulterous ex-spouses.

Maybe the official position is to not allow divorce, but the practice of remarrying seems to be in place.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 7:09 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

I've been to 4 church weddings of divorced people, one was on his 3rd wife. To the best of my knowledge, none of these people held a "stoning" of their adulterous ex-spouses.

Maybe the official position is to not allow divorce, but the practice of remarrying seems to be in place.

To me, marriage is more than love, companionship, sex, money, ect...
Sometimes people get married for the wrong reasons. Marriage could be the best thing ever or the worst mistake in your life lol

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 7:19 PM on j-body.org
Robby002 posted the ten comandments, here's a suggestion for those same commandments rewritten to fit 2006...

1. God is a supreme entity, far superior to Eminem, iPods and Porches. God created Shakira's hips, enough said.

2. Don't take dirty pictures of your wife or girlfriend and put them on the internet.

3. Don't use the name of God in vain, even when discussing that God-damn boss of yours.

4. Sundays are for church and watching sports. Do your yardwork another time.

5. Help your parents out when they get old so they don't end up in a flop house eating dog food.

6.Don't kill anyone unless you or your family are in immediate danger of losing your lives. (Military defending the country are exempt from this)

7. Don't cheat on your spouse. If you're not ready to settle down, DON'T GET MARRIED!!

8. Don't steal, even if you think you were elected to do so.

9. Don't gossip about your neighbors. They know just as much about you as you do about them.

10. Don't be jealous of what other people have. They are just as screwed up as the rest of us, it doesn't matter if they have a lexus or not.

There, what do you say about that?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 7:43 PM on j-body.org
Amen! I guess... lol

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 7:51 PM on j-body.org
yes I think they should.. their relationships are more centered around love and caring then msot of the straight marriages these days... kids need a loving family.. albeit it gay or straight kids need discipline, love and morals...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 11:15 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

8. Don't steal, even if you think you were elected to do so.
This is the most broken commandment of all.

Funny that some politicians want to legislate the word of God that they themselves do not follow. Many of them claim to be (and some may even believe they are) devout and moral minded Christians, but believe me if they had(followed God's word), they would have never gotten into such high office. A man with a true heart to God will not make it in politics far past city hall.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Thursday, June 15, 2006 5:36 AM on j-body.org
Ok maybe I should clarify. The Catholic church will not marry someone who has been married in the Catholic church before, unless the former spouce was varified to have been cheating or has died.

And those are the classic / old / incorrect translations of the ten comandments. The one about killing SHOULD read THOU SHALL NOT MURDER. murder is different then killing so killing is actualy fine.
also it should read THOU SHALL NOT STEAL ANOTHER PERSON. They added the word "FROM" in there making it seem like God is worried about material possesions when why would he be ? I mean come on think about that for just a second.............Why would God the supreme all knowing inthe entire universe care if you were to steal a Twinkie from 7-11 ? That makes no sence ! Nope that proves they were originaly mis-interprited.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:57 AM on j-body.org
hahaha:

One thing: If the church is saying that homosexuality/mastubation is a sin because it is wasting sperm (to put it bluntly), then wouldn't sex for any treason other than procreation be a sin?

If that's the case, how many catholics--preists or just followers, have created this sin by having heterosexual sex with no intent to procreate? And yes, i do know of people that are so into catholicism that they believe birth control is a sin.

To me, it is demilitiating a biological and instnctual drive--there is a reason why humans are one of the few species that have sex for reasons other than procreation, and reasons why the female of the specie has a concealed ovulation--it's to keep the males around with promises of sexual contact outside of procreation--it's how we're hardwired.

Assuming there is a god for the sake of this argument--actions would speak a lot louder than words, logically (and i know anything dealing with any religion is far from logical, but follow me on this), what God would have created and the method in which his creations would work would take precedent over a human (read: falliable and limited) documentation of his words. Thus, the fact that humans are a sexual specie and are not inherently monagamous, and that females offer sexual relations outside of procreational purposes would trump the writs of the bible--and it could even be construed that the "be fruitful and multiply" is what God wants. Otherwise, it would seem that there is a high level of illogicalness at best, or God plain screwed up when creating us and handed down the laws in which we should live by--and forgot to read his notes--so-to-speak. Why would he make us in a near direct contractiction to how he wants us to behave?

And Jack, that proves my point that you can't trust the written version of the bible because it's supposedly the word of God--a (supposed) infalliable being, documented and transletred by humans, who are most certainly falliable.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, June 15, 2006 9:54 AM on j-body.org
Keeper, I know I said the same thing.

The official stance by the Catholic church is they are against abortion ( so am I ) birth control at all ( yeah right! )
homosexuality ( why who cares? ) and masterbation ( but its so much fun! )

They are officialy the no fun religious group. Sure drink all the wine you want, in fact here I'll turn som ewater into wine for you ! Eat, Drink, be Merry BUT DON"T SCREW !! Um doesn't drinking wine lead to the exact behaivior that they don't like ? Get drunk and what do you want to do ? Get laid ! Do you want a kid from it ? Hell no ! Do you want an STD ? Hell no ! So you use protection and the church frowns on you. Can get laid ? Wack off ! The church is against that too ! For some getting drunk = brave enough to go gay, hey its to get laid right ?
Church is against that too. Seems to me maybe they should remove the cause and that would be WINE and getting DRUNK ! Damn hipocrites !

BUT is ok for a priest to get drunk and screw an alter boy or two, like I said Damn Hipocrites !

Thursday, June 15, 2006 1:36 PM on j-body.org
Actually, Jesus himself says you must be born again. Read John3:3. And, I do believe every person goes through judgement day when this life passes. Judgement is not a day of correction, it is a day of judgement. And no, jesus did not create catholicism. Catholicism is not a word in the bible, that is fact. Catholicism is made up in the minds of a religious group of men. The bible points towards Jesus as the messiah, the bible is not about Peter, Peter cannot save souls. Jesus is the Rock to which Peter stands in answering that specific piece of scripture. It is still a question to whether messianic jews are born again. Recognizing the Lord is not having a relationship with the LOrd, a lot of unbelievers recognize the Lord.

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com
Thursday, June 15, 2006 2:37 PM on j-body.org
I agree 100%

So in order to be born again you should be baptised to start your new way of life, correct?

I just don't understand why catholics baptise their 24 month old child when he/she do NOT understand the meaning?
The baptism is not valid.

They also believe mary, peter, paul, ect... have miracle special power

We should pray to God and only God.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 2:54 PM on j-body.org
When the church was formed it wasn't called the Catholic Church, that is true. It was of course the only church, so all it needed to be called was Christian. "Thou art Peter and on you I will build my church"

The name Peter means "rock" in Greek.

Nobody but Jesus had any powers. Mary was a pure vessel, not magic. Peter was a coverted Jew, and a good leader, not magic. Paul (or Saul) was the same. No magic there either. Catholics do not believe that anyone has any special powers, only that they were selected for special roles. To deny the roles would undermine the entire faith, so I doubt you'll do that.

This belongs in another thread. But just before I let this go, let me guess, You are southern Baptist aren't you? I am not Catholic, just so yuou know, and I don't agree with Catholic practices necessarily, but I do recognise the original church and it's will try to dispell myth when it is presented. I would do thew same for your faith, but then most of the things people complain about are actually true, unlike the complaints about Catholism.

And just what does happen to the soul that has never had the opportunity to be Christian? Just answer that one. Does God love all of his children or not?

PAX
Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:29 PM on j-body.org
Yes,

That's why we have missionaries to help them.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 5:11 PM on j-body.org
According to the christians with my brand of Keeper of the Light™ spin on it:

God loves all his children, just the ones that give him blind idolation and money more than those that don't believe in him or question him...

I wonder if God has a stint in Hollywood or Washigton DC.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, June 15, 2006 7:28 PM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:
And just what does happen to the soul that has never had the opportunity to be Christian? Just answer that one. Does God love all of his children or not?

PAX

I don't know whether or not God loves all his children, but I do remember reading something about the conversion of the Mexicans. They were told to worshop Christ or they were tortured/killed. So according to the laws of MAN, it's Christianity or you're not a real human being and deserve to be treated like an animal.

So, just like everything else, if your views are different from mine, you're wrong.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto

Friday, June 16, 2006 2:47 AM on j-body.org
Robby002 wrote:Yes,

That's why we have missionaries to help them.

"help" them? what about Buddhists...are they in need of christian self-absorbed "help"?

some of you people are really off your rocker.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain
Friday, June 16, 2006 5:10 AM on j-body.org
I asked about the ones that never had opportunity, not those who had contact with missionaries.

Historicly missionaries have been more damaging than good anyway. You cannot force your beliefs on people, it won't work. They seem to know that now, but in the past...

At any rate, as demonstrated before, if you remove the actual act of homosexual sex, same sex couples are no different than any other pair of people attempting to raise a child. There really is no reason to assume they would be any better or worse at it than anyone else.

From a religeous perspective, they are sinners (likely, unless they are celebate) just like the rest of us and since no sin is greater than another, they are on an equal footing to the rest of us as well.

Of course ideally a child would have both a male and female role model, but this isn't an ideal world is it?

PAX
Friday, June 16, 2006 7:05 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:...and since no sin is greater than another, they are on an equal footing to the rest of us as well.

PAX

This has me a little confused... So masturbation is no less of a sin then murder? If I've masturbated 500 times, I'm no less of a sinner than someone who murdered 500 people?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Friday, June 16, 2006 8:04 AM on j-body.org
Wow has this gotten off topic. lol!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search