Yay!!!! Another gas thread... - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Yay!!!! Another gas thread...
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:01 AM on j-body.org
Note I did say MOST of the world. Not all of it. And yeah I agree completely get those 8 mpg monsters off the road! I mean come on do you really need the Africa off road rally packaged Range Rover cause.... well lets face it the furthest off road that truck will ever go is someones driveway! And then they'll refuse to take it out in the snow even tho you can drive the damn thing anywhere. Its a joke. I say you want that monster? Then feed it and good luck with the new gas prices.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:12 AM on j-body.org
well i gallon (us) is 3.785 liters

and gas here was 104.5 a litre here today so 3.95 a gallon on canadian money

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:46 AM on j-body.org
I got screwed for $1.10.9 a litre this morning.

I'm starting to SERIOUSLY think about yanking the 2.8 out of my Fiero GT and putting in a 2.5 4-banger. It'll cost me some power but will get me 28-30 MPG.

Might not be too bad--I'd have the only duke-powered fastback on the continent

Rice.....Part of a balanced Pontiac diet.
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 6:12 AM on j-body.org
Try dumping in an ECOTEC and you'll get better mileage and not lose near as much HP.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 6:19 AM on j-body.org
even with high mileage cars like ours at 30mpg on average.

I only drive 4 miles to work, but I also drive to my parents place a few times a week (30 miles) and any higher paying jobs I may be looking at will incur at least a 40-90mile round trip.

Don't know about anyone else but I've been seriously thinking about getting a prius, insight, or a VW TDI(most likely).

Even with the higher payments I'll save in gas if we reach $3 to $4 dollars a gallon.

As high as the oil industries profits are its sad how high our gas prices have reached.

Bush is the last person you should turn to, he benefits from high gas prices, anything he is saying is BS to save his "image"

-Chris

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 7:51 AM on j-body.org
TDI for teh win!!!!!!!

cuz then eventually u can switch over to %100 biodiesel with nearly no mods

ding ding ding

The biggest hole, is the illusion of invulnerability.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 7:54 AM on j-body.org
Ok Bush is an idiot for sure but why are you blameing him for what OPEC does? That would be like me blameing you for when my puppy has an accident. That makes no seance at all !! Blame him for what hes done or failed to do not stuff he has no control over. Geeeez!!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 8:11 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:That makes no seance at all !! Blame him for what hes done or failed to do not stuff he has no control over. Geeeez!!

You mean like revoking Big Oil's exemptions from many of the anti-trust laws, instating windfall taxes, revoking their billions in subsidies in last year's budget or even pressuring his own party to at least swear them in during congressional hearings? Those kinds of things?

He can do any of that, BTW, with an executive order.

---

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 8:15 AM on j-body.org
Doesn't sound like he's blaming Bush to me just making a point that Bush is in the pockets of Big Oil companies like a bunch of other politicians are. If Bush really wanted to do something he could've released 10-20 mil. barrels from the SOR like his daddy and Clinton did when they were presidents. If you(=anybody) haven't realised Bush is for Big companies and not the american people than you're an idiot.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 9:45 AM on j-body.org
redecocav wrote:
AGuSTiN wrote:
Jackalope wrote:Who cares? Gas ain't cheep in most of the world. We had a good ride now its time to pay up. Don't like $3.00 a gallon? Just wait till this summer they're predicting $5.00 to $6.00 a gallon. I get right around 35 to 40 mpg, a tank of gas lasts me 2 weeks I don't care at all seeing how I used to have nothing but huge V-8's that would get around 10mpg on the highway and maybe 2 Gpm in the city.

Get used to it cause its only gonna get worse.

Here are some countries with lower gas prices than us..

Cuba Havana $3.03
Taiwan Taipei $2.84
Lebanon Beirut $2.63
South Africa Johannesburg $2.62
Nicaragua Managua $2.61
Panama Panama City $2.19
Russia Moscow $2.10
Puerto Rico San Juan $1.74
Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91
Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78
Egypt Cairo $0.65
Nigeria Lagos $0.38
Venezuela Caracas $0.12

That being posted, if high gas prices finally drives the stake into the heart of gas-guzzling-SUV-driving-soccer-mom-mobiles,... YAY.

That cant be US funds?

Its American dollars, take a second look.

Location is critical.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:04 AM on j-body.org
OPEC just assured the world (two days ago) that they will continue pumping at maximum capasity. Unless they are lying, there's squat all that OPEC can do either. The prices are high because instability in the oil producing areas threatens shipping, not because oil is being held.

Besides, it's a resource in decline, and if OPEC is at maximum capasity that doesn't look good at all.

PAX

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:11 AM on j-body.org
Don't forget China! they're comsuming double every year for the past few.

AGuSTiN, Did you hear on the news this morning Bush is asking congress to investagate the oil companies for price gougeing? Also he has said a windfall tax is not out of the question. Govt. can't regulate free market trade around the world as much as we'd like them to. Thats why its called the FREE MARKET. There is just more demand now around the world so it pushes prices higher. And OPEC can assure us all they want but don't forget THEY set the world price per barrel not Bush.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:14 AM on j-body.org
Not all oil producers are OPEC members, so OPEC is kept somewhat honest by that fact.

PAX
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:22 AM on j-body.org
Yes but OPEC sets the price that the whole world goes by.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:13 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Don't forget China! they're comsuming double every year for the past few.

AGuSTiN, Did you hear on the news this morning Bush is asking congress to investagate the oil companies for price gougeing? Also he has said a windfall tax is not out of the question. Govt. can't regulate free market trade around the world as much as we'd like them to. Thats why its called the FREE MARKET. There is just more demand now around the world so it pushes prices higher. And OPEC can assure us all they want but don't forget THEY set the world price per barrel not Bush.

Yeah I heard. But like my previous posts hinted, I have ZERO confidence in congress or the president to get this resolved.

---

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:19 AM on j-body.org
Jbody2nr wrote:
redecocav wrote:
AGuSTiN wrote:
Jackalope wrote:Who cares? Gas ain't cheep in most of the world. We had a good ride now its time to pay up. Don't like $3.00 a gallon? Just wait till this summer they're predicting $5.00 to $6.00 a gallon. I get right around 35 to 40 mpg, a tank of gas lasts me 2 weeks I don't care at all seeing how I used to have nothing but huge V-8's that would get around 10mpg on the highway and maybe 2 Gpm in the city.

Get used to it cause its only gonna get worse.

Cuba Havana $3.03
Taiwan Taipei $2.84
Lebanon Beirut $2.63
Nicaragua Managua $2.61
Panama Panama City $2.19
Russia Moscow $2.10
Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78
Egypt Cairo $0.65
Nigeria Lagos $0.38
Venezuela Caracas $0.12

That being posted, if high gas prices finally drives the stake into the heart of gas-guzzling-SUV-driving-soccer-mom-mobiles,... YAY.

That cant be US funds?

Its American dollars, take a second look.

Location is critical.

Yes, location. Was just about to get there.

Also, some of them are 3rd world countries, are they not?

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:23 AM on j-body.org
GASP !!! You have no confidence in Bush OR the govt??? Gee AGuSTiN I never would have guessed that. (sarcasm) I'll believe it when I see it myself.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 6:54 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:

Cuba Havana $3.03
Taiwan Taipei $2.84
Lebanon Beirut $2.63
Nicaragua Managua $2.61
Panama Panama City $2.19
Russia Moscow $2.10
Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78
Egypt Cairo $0.65
Nigeria Lagos $0.38
Venezuela Caracas $0.12

It should be noted that these countries are all exporters.

SUV's can be decent mileage vehicles, but, it's probably just easier to:
- Buy only as much car as you need
- Use public transportation as possible
- Plan your trip ahead of time
- Carpool
- Keep your vehicle tuned up
- Don't idle your car out of traffic for more than 30 seconds.

There's lots more...

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 7:00 PM on j-body.org
If we could only drill in our own country.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 7:11 PM on j-body.org
Why bother if it's not going to help anything?

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 5:26 AM on j-body.org
If we had our own oil and didn't import from Canada and South American countries the worlds economy would stall out.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 6:57 AM on j-body.org
SunfireN2o( theAnGrYCnSrvTve) wrote:If we could only drill in our own country.

There isn't many places in our country worth drilling for oil either due to little or no amount of oil or not enough to outweigh the costs of extracting it and damage to the environment. Another thing we'd probably be a little better off if we didn't export our own oil from alaska to other countries. WTF Bush and his cronies keep talking about we need to become more energy independent yet we export our own oil, talk about genius.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 7:48 AM on j-body.org
"If we had our own oil and didn't import from Canada and South American countries the worlds economy would stall out"

i hope there is a huge amount of sarcsm in that statement

japan, don't care that joe america is buying gas from alberta, where their markets set prices

you have your own oil, is jsut not as profitable for exxon to harvest it and refine it as it is to buy it

alberta has enough oil int he oils sands, to replace 2/3rds of the worlds oil production, it jsut would hurt the bottom line to do so, so they don't

Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:29 AM on j-body.org
Isn't there suppose to be a ton of oil up near Alaska?

Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:32 AM on j-body.org
Yes and the oil we get out of Alaska is sold to Japan. We hardly ever see a drop of our own oil its all sold to the east.

Neal I didn't quite follow you sorry.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search