Illegal Immigration Issue - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Illegal Immigration Issue
Monday, April 10, 2006 8:43 PM on j-body.org
Robby002 wrote:Illegal immigrants do not pay taxes
do not speak English and..
They work really really hard for less than minimum wage

Fact > your opinion. Stop preaching hearsay and do some frigan research before you spout off ignorant lies.

David, that's what I've been trying to explain to people. This is a race issue regardless of how many people want to think they aren't bigots or racists. As you stated Agustin, it's funny how Irish people can wave a flag on St. Patrick's Day and Germans can wave their flag during Octoberfests and they are still good Americans. Wave a Mexican flag and you're part of a mob and anti-American. I just wish people would open their minds for once.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 5:28 AM on j-body.org
Agustin none of those wars you tried to rebutt had what the Dems would now call an exit stragity no matter how much you'd like to think they did.

Now as for your pic. so what? You can fill a street with several thousand illegal immigrints. I bet you could do the same with car theives as well, or drug addicts.
Illegal is illegal I don't care how many law breakers you can cram into a street they are still law breakers. So feel free to post as many pics of law breakers as you'd like but just because you get a few thousand of them out there makes no difference at all they're still here illegaly and should either be made to go back or go thru the same process that every other legal immigrint has had to in order to stay.

See I think AGuSTiN that your getting me wrong here. I don't care how many of what county come here legaly its just the illegal part I'm so against.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 7:47 AM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:

Mikedirntrulez wrote:
Don't you think that if you had cheap labor available in the country, you're going to hire that person who is willing to work less over the people who think they deserve more? It's only obvious. I don't blame them for hiring illegal workers.

This is choice. "The illegals are breaking the law!!" "THAT IS THAT!!" It's all we hear.

But it's OK if the employers break the law. That's OK. Let's be hush hush about that.

The HEIGHT of hypocrisy.

You're either a hypocrite, a bigot, or irrational. Which is it?

What? I said I can't blame that and that it's obvious. I don't blame illegal immigrants for coming over here.... which is along those same lines as I CAN SEE WHY THEY WOULD COME OVER HERE. NOWHERE did I say it was right that they are illegally hiring them.

And you know nothing about me, so don't even try to label me you fool.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:37 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Agustin none of those wars you tried to rebutt had what the Dems would now call an exit stragity no matter how much you'd like to think they did.

Now as for your pic. so what? You can fill a street with several thousand illegal immigrints. I bet you could do the same with car theives as well, or drug addicts.
Illegal is illegal I don't care how many law breakers you can cram into a street they are still law breakers. So feel free to post as many pics of law breakers as you'd like but just because you get a few thousand of them out there makes no difference at all they're still here illegaly and should either be made to go back or go thru the same process that every other legal immigrint has had to in order to stay.

See I think AGuSTiN that your getting me wrong here. I don't care how many of what county come here legaly its just the illegal part I'm so against.

AGAIN...

All those people weren't illegal immigrants.

Working to feed starving family <> car thieves. By your own logic, speeding 10 over = drug addicts. Terrible logic, I can't see how it constantly comes out of you without reconsideration. Please explain to me, in detail, how this equates.

Many illegals do pay taxes because they have fake SSNs. Any illegals who don't isn't for a lack of trying. Many of the illegals march DEMANDING that they be recognized so they CAN pay taxes.

And for the last time, how many different people in this thread, including Canandians, do you have to hear to prove to you that the current system blows and cannot possible provide enough LEGAL immigration to meet labor demand?

I want you to tell me, I beg of you. Point by point.

---

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:48 AM on j-body.org
Mikedirntrulez wrote:

And you know nothing about me, so don't even try to label me you fool.

Right right, I'm the fool.

Let me ask you a question...

Do you think all those people are marching to

A) Keep getting paid $3 an hour and not pay taxes, having to live in 1 bedroom apartment with 8 other dudes?

B) Be recognized so they can pay into and have everything we get, get minimum wage and stop being taken advantage of?

And I'd like to ask everyone here AGAIN, one more time, to plausibly tell me how we can deport 11 million people that we THINK are here without hurting the economy, creating labor shortages, spending a TON of money, etc. No one can answer that, it's much easier around here to shout talk-show mantra, all Limbaugh-style.

---

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:56 AM on j-body.org
Well sh*t. It seems I must be racist. Because, I don't have a problem with illegal japanese, korean, asian, cuban, domincan. Just those damn spics! Those are the only ones I'm racist against.

Let me put it this way, I have an issue with ALL illegal immigrants and I'm sure mike does as well so don't play the race card on him or me because we disagree. And, for the record, when was the last time we saw any cubans, asians, or dominicans marching towards "equality". I've yet to see it.

In reference to Agustin, Mike, and Jackalope. There's no need to have a pissing contest back in forth between eachother.

To everyone else, before you decide to post an ignorant comment, READ some of the posts above. Don't just read my first one and post because many issues have already been covered.

"welcome to the most expensive hobby ever..."
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 11:35 AM on j-body.org
^ ^ ^ Um, I never said anything to you at all. Perhaps your confusing me with someone else as I don't think illegal immigrants should be aloud to stay either.

AGuSTiN, Its not horrible logic at all. Laws are laws they are there for a reason not just decoration. Let me ask you AGuSTiN should we be a country governed by law or mob rule? Illegal is illegal I don't care what reasons you have your still breaking the law!
This is the only part I have issue with as I could care less if they are from Mars! If they are here illegally we should kick them out!

So mob rule or governed by law which should we have ?

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 11:36 AM on j-body.org
Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

I think Teddy had it right back in 1907.

Oh, and I made it quite clear that I am not just opposing Mexicans immigrating illegally. Because there are plenty of other nationalities jumping our boarders, both northern and southern.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English, thank a veteran.
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 11:47 AM on j-body.org
Damn Weezl thats an awesome quote! Good find! I'll agree to that.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:22 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:
AGuSTiN, Its not horrible logic at all. Laws are laws they are there for a reason not just decoration.

The law is the law doesn't mean the law is right. Don't you agree?

---

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:38 PM on j-body.org
Then by all means lets fix the law so it is right. But until then they are breaking the law
and as such need to be held responsible for breaking the law and pay what ever penalties the law demands.

Now if Congress and the Senate come out on the Capital steps today at 5:00 and proclaim all illegal immigrants are now welcome then fine I have no problem at all with any of them from whatever country they may be from in remaining here and becoming a productive member of our society.

But till then I think they need to go as they are in violation of immigration law.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 1:11 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:And I'd like to ask everyone here AGAIN, one more time, to plausibly tell me how we can deport 11 million people that we THINK are here without hurting the economy, creating labor shortages, spending a TON of money, etc. No one can answer that, it's much easier around here to shout talk-show mantra, all Limbaugh-style.

But you know what? Maybe with something this historical people aren't looking at the money. Maybe some people put that last before making huge decisions like this. Maybe the cost will possibly offset all of the money we would have to spend if we actually could keep illegal immigrants here. I really don't know, those are just 2 guesses of mine.

It seems that you have your way and I have my way. You prove good points but I really don't feel like dragging this on anymore.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 1:54 PM on j-body.org
I have the perfect answear for all of this. Let us not do anything at all. Let us just do the same thing we did before. Nothing.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 2:38 PM on j-body.org
Pay Taxes, Speak English or at least learn it, or GTFO

Thats all there is to it, if you cant do that, you should be kicked out and your government made to pay for the deportment, not you and I the taxpayer

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 6:51 PM on j-body.org
I think I agree with Rodimus

I was watching the news last night and it seems like a pretty big mess.
The reason why Mexicans come to the U.S is because Mexican's Economy is really bad. you can not make a dollar, invest, get a JOB, start your own business, ect... You can not get a loan because you don't have a job. The Government's Corruption sucks, and the bottom line is I think the president of Mexico Vicente Fox does not give a rat ass about poor people. In Mexico poor people will be poor for ever, and rich people will always be rich.
there's no in between. End of Story.
Sell drugs, steal money, money laundry, kill people, plant drugs, the president
does not give a @!#$. He doesn't care about poor people, you, me, U.S immigration, the Mexican border, the economy he does not care about this problems and he might tell poor people to come to the U.S to get a real job. Like... "If you want a real job, there's the border!"
Here's a pic of him.
I don't like him. He's very irresponsible.

Why can't poor Mexican people protest in Mexico?
WE WANT JOBS!
WE WANT JOBS!
WE WANT JOBS!
Immigrants can not come illegal because its against the law. Maybe they are fighting a loosing battle. The U.S can not give citizenship to anyone who wants to come to work because the terrorist will take advantage of this opportunity and use it against Americans. This is why the illegal immigrants will have to go back even if they want to work. Unless the INS finds a way to keep that from happening.
They need to protest in Mexico, find the president Fox and protest face to face to stop the corruption, create more jobs, increase minimum wage!!!!!!, create equal opportunity laws, get their heads out of their ass or start a freaking revolution. Whatever the reason is that Mexicans want to risk their lives to come to the U.S illegal needs to Stop. Latin America needs birth control because the economy is not strong enough.
I think there's too many poor people in the world and they need to stop having kinds too, create more jobs, Stop the drugs, stop the corruption, give their children a better education, there's a lot of work ahead in Latin America and the rest of the world.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 7:26 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope: I mean that people were getting of track and just going back and forth with eachother and that's not the point. I understand you more towards my side of the situation than Agustin's.

Anywhos, Robby002 has probably put it best. Everyone understands that Latin America sucks. Cops are corrupt, economy is terrible. Latins are very proud of their heritage though. Which is why i don't understand, instead of leaving your homeland, why not protest for change? Turn your country around. Why come here and refuse to adapt to our culture?

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:02 PM on j-body.org
They do protest in Mexico, all the time. Do you belive they don't because CNN and FOX don't cover it?

They were covering jack last night when I watched both (PnP) for two hours.

I'm not getting into this "Refusing to adapt" crap again. Ask Europeans about "obnoxious Americans".

---

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:15 PM on j-body.org
I agree with uecavboy too!
Protesting here in the U.S will not fix the problems at their home land.

What if Americans go to Mexico and protest about the war in Iraq.
with U.S flags and everything! (in Mexico)

I don't know what to think-

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:29 PM on j-body.org
Robby002 wrote:Why do they have kids if they can't feed them?

Just read this whole thread and this is the only statement that really stands out in my memory, along with the Teddy Roosevelt post, go back and read it - key word being ASSIMILATE if you don't know what it means look it up!!!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:48 PM on j-body.org
They do protest

Are they effective?

if not, why not?

I want Mexicans to be happy at their home land, and I want Americans to be happy too.

ITS A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL
ITS A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL
ITS A SMALL
SMALL
WORLD

oops! sorry...
Peace out!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:01 PM on j-body.org
uecavboy wrote:Well sh*t. It seems I must be racist. Because, I don't have a problem with illegal japanese, korean, asian, cuban, domincan. Just those damn spics! Those are the only ones I'm racist against.

Let me put it this way, I have an issue with ALL illegal immigrants..

A little background: I came to the US 5 years ago with no knowledge of the English language, worked for 6 months and decided to go to high school. It quite shocked me that we weren't allowed to speak Spanish, but I understood it was for the best, now I didn't see this as rudeness coming from my teachers/instructors, on the other hand I thought they were doing the right thing, thanks to such rule given by them I picked up the language a lot faster. Currently I go to College to get a business degree and I pay all of my taxes.

Anyway, my question to uecavboy was... what type of problem am I causing to you? Since you said you had an issue with SPICS?

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:56 PM on j-body.org
Lito: I believe he didn't say he had an issue with JUST mexicans, and he used the derrogitory to emphasise the point.

Robby: Fox hasn't got a lot of room or resources to work with. The country's been squandered for generations before they were there, and have been trying to deal with it ever since.

Try and weed out the corruption in your Local town's administration... Now transfer that to a whole nation. There's not a lot that the gov't can do when the drug cartels have moer money than they do, and the military/police has people that moonlight as drug smugglers.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 10:07 PM on j-body.org
I know that. But he also said that he had racism issues against Hispanics.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 10:40 PM on j-body.org
Lito: The comment was made because a poster before had made it seem that some of us were only being racist against hispanics so i assumed the roll of a racist.

My post was extreme sarcasim when i said that. What it meant was that although this post is about hispanics, I disslike any foreigner that comes to this country and refuses to adapt. By adapt I don't mean to put on an american hat and wave around the US flag with a tear in your eye. I mean to learn the language, and adapt to some of our culture.

And I don't agree with that quote by teddy. Everyone should be proud of their heritage, what country they have a backround in, and who their ancestors were. When you ask someone their nationality in this country, very few would think of saying "American". I would say i'm irish/italian. I was born in america but that doesn't mean I have to forget about where my family came from.

In response to what Lito said. You are exactly the type of person I'm talking about. You came to this country and you have adapted. You pay your taxes and you are a part of this country. You are a poster child for what immigration is all about and if every immigrant could do what you are doing, I'd have no need to even post this topic.

I have learned a great deal from this topic. The reason why I posted this was because in my experiences with illegal immigrants and those here on work visa's It seemed that their only goal was to make more money, save up, and move back to mexico and join the "rich" society. Does this represent EVERY hispanic that has been protesting? No, but from my experience, the majority of the ones I met, that was their goal. They came here, wouldn't adapt, and would make some money and leave. Taking potential jobs away from high school/college students who are trying to save up/ pay tuition and other bills. Despite how terrible things are in mexico, I cannot support any immigrant who does that.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 10:51 PM on j-body.org
uecavboy: I neglected to add that you were using an alliterative device as opposed to genuine sentiment. I didn't mean to infer that you held those kinds of beliefs.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search