This site, and the people in it..... - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: This site, and the people in it.....
Thursday, March 02, 2006 6:42 PM on j-body.org
This is why I only occasionally post on the JBO... first of all I am not really into nor do I have the money to mod my car anymore (its been the same for 3 years!). I am mostly here to comment on stuff or see what goes on in the war forum. I've been here since 99 and its sad to see the .org go to hell. But so comes with age

Thursday, March 02, 2006 6:49 PM on j-body.org
Glace wrote:
Meckster (The Angry One) wrote:heres my point.......

click

I think you were at fault for that one.

well, considering the thread was posted in AG, and Meckster isn't premium, there's absolutely no way he'd be able to find that thread even if he HAD searched.

it's kinda hard to really hold him at fault for it in that case.

Friday, March 03, 2006 7:23 AM on j-body.org
cannon fodder wrote:well, considering the thread was posted in AG, and Meckster isn't premium, there's absolutely no way he'd be able to find that thread even if he HAD searched.

it's kinda hard to really hold him at fault for it in that case.

I don't mean it was his fault that he didn't search, what I was talking about was that he completely overreacted and he let people bait him.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Friday, March 03, 2006 12:57 PM on j-body.org
You always have the choice to read or reply to posts or not. If you read a question for the 83rd time then just don't answer it and move along. There are some people here who know what they are talking about and some that are jerks, just ignore the jerks.

You can't outrun the radio.
Friday, March 03, 2006 1:08 PM on j-body.org
IM NOT GOIN TO EVEN POST MY .O2

BUT

Meckster (The Angry One) wrote:
Glace wrote:
Meckster (The Angry One) wrote:heres my point.......

click

I think you were at fault for that one.

no, i wasn't, i was trying to be funny with my first reponse, and of course someone took it the wrong way as usual

your kidding right? come on dude i dotn think you were trying to be funny.

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/miscellaneous/60612/

Friday, March 03, 2006 11:24 PM on j-body.org
I have been here on jbody for about 2yrs or more and basically try to help anyone and just give info as I know it my self.I only reply to post where my knowledge can in some way assist the person asking the ?.There will always b new pep to the site who do not take the time to really read into how to search and click the stickies unforn.All the same I think this is one of the best jbody sites and loaded with good solid info for all 3 gen of js out there.

Saturday, March 04, 2006 12:23 AM on j-body.org
Ron Love wrote:I have been here on jbody for about 2yrs or more and basically try to help anyone and just give info as I know it my self.I only reply to post where my knowledge can in some way assist the person asking the ?.There will always b new pep to the site who do not take the time to really read into how to search and click the stickies unforn.All the same I think this is one of the best jbody sites and loaded with good solid info for all 3 gen of js out there.

With that said, you guys have to remember that there are people who are totally new to using online forums, I know this was the first forum that I had ever used and I had been on the internet for YEARS.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, March 04, 2006 9:32 AM on j-body.org
I'm going to go ahead and throw in the towel

Saturday, March 04, 2006 12:20 PM on j-body.org
finally

Saturday, March 04, 2006 4:51 PM on j-body.org

Saturday, March 04, 2006 9:13 PM on j-body.org
cannon fodder wrote:man, this again? i swear, these kinds of posts pop up more often than intake questions in the newbie forum.

Maybe that's because those post are a real symptom of a real problem. (Of couse the intake post threads are a symptom of another problem - people who don't even attempt to search etc). As long as there is a problem don't expect those posts to end.

That being said, even for all its problems this is still a great site. This is a terrific resource for car information (and other information in some forums). I also think we have a great community(as a whole even with bad seeds).

Meckster wrote:who gives a @!#$, im not going to search through the entire off topic archives to find a specific video
So this supposedly was him "going off" on someone?! LOL. If so then who gives a @!#$ ?

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?

Saturday, March 04, 2006 10:38 PM on j-body.org
only problem i have with the place is people being so closed minded

Saturday, March 04, 2006 11:22 PM on j-body.org
man WTF, yeah i agree with most on this, searching is a dying breed but telling someone they are a dumbass for not searching is not cool, but neither is just not searching cause you're lazy.

for the longest time i have really admired Meck's car as sort of an inspiration but I have to agree with some saying he was in the wrong here, if you were trying to be funny and someone didn't take it that way doesn't mean you have to be a dick.

Sunday, March 05, 2006 12:22 PM on j-body.org
halfJ99 (Nik) wrote:only problem i have with the place is people being so closed minded

very true... someone doesnt like one thing about someone else's car and everyone continues with the flaming on that one thing. wings especially. people need their own opinion and do what they like and not what everyone else likes.

yes there are dicks here, but we seriously need to get back to helping each other as the basis for this site. its a lot of good information and we cant let it go to waste.

Check out my build thread!

Sunday, March 05, 2006 10:27 PM on j-body.org
Bastardking3000 wrote:
cannon fodder wrote:man, this again? i swear, these kinds of posts pop up more often than intake questions in the newbie forum.

Maybe that's because those post are a real symptom of a real problem. (Of couse the intake post threads are a symptom of another problem - people who don't even attempt to search etc). As long as there is a problem don't expect those posts to end.

while i don't discredit what you're saying, i will ask this: what good do threads like these serve?

that's my whole point when i was saying "oh great, another one of these threads".

Monday, March 06, 2006 10:25 PM on j-body.org
meckster, you forget, back in the day the reason why people were so knoweldgeable is simply becuase more people were willing to get up off their ass and do something.

laziness has prevailed on the majority of this site, hence the reason why people tell people to search.

is it really gonna hurt someone to spend 30 seconds or less to search up something commonly asked? most times the answer is already on the first page.

you cant blame anyone telling another to search, especially when the answer is easily found.

its like someone at a customer service desk with a bathroom sign over the desk with an arrow pointing you to where to find em.

yet, some dumb arses, like here will still ask the same common sense stuff. the other few will simply not even bother to look. the rest will use common sense.

hell even in school before taking a test, or filling out an application, it says read in full before you ask question, so the teacher doesnt have to stop and answer whether you put a check mark in the bubble or darken in the scantron box.

instead of complaining all the time about one side, try and see it from the other side as well.

the more people who arent lazy, the less the advice of search for simple stuff will be given. its an extremely easy concept.

for the people who dont take the time, let em deal with the crap that comes from it. if they had any common sense, the time it takes em to argue with someone calling em names for 2 days and 30 posts, they could have found the answer and been on with the modding by now.

doesnt matter if you are internet savvy or not, common sense is free.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 8:02 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

doesnt matter if you are internet savvy or not, common sense is free.

If you do a headcount, common sense isn't as common as we'd like to think it would be.

I now return you all to putting DNA on her back.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 10:32 AM on j-body.org

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 10:57 AM on j-body.org
Funky Bottoms (Event) wrote:meckster, you forget, back in the day the reason why people were so knoweldgeable is simply becuase more people were willing to get up off their ass and do something.

but don't forget that "back in the day" when this site was being started, the thousand or so people on here were actually enthusiasts who wanted to learn and make this hobby grow. they didn't have one of the internet's largest databases available to them, and 30,000 people to ask. it's not just that they were more willing, they also didn't have any other way of finding out.

now, instead of just those enthusiasts, you have everyone from freshman in highschool to the 40 year old virgin wanting to get in on this as if it were a free ride. they aren't all car savvy, or even computer savvy, but by asking questions they want to learn. tell one noob 'search' and the next time he probably will. the problem is, daily we get so many new people who keep asking the same old questions because they don't know it's been asked before.

telling someone to search isn't always a bad thing... but it does depend on how it's said.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 8:57 PM on j-body.org
This site has majorly changed just in the short time I've been here. It's sad too, to be a well known person high up on someones list here you either have to have a kick ass car, or be an @!#$ to people. It's the nut swingers who are ruining the place, the one person could be sooo wrong, but they still have a crap load of people backing them up. Something is wrong with that, but people are so quick to jump to try and prove someone wrong when the person is actually right. It's not even high school drama, it's worse than high school drama. I rarely post anymore because of it, it's just not worth it. Same reason I basically stay away from posting in AG, people in there are so quick to spout off at the mouth that they hate drama and people here are so immature, but if you look in the majority of threads they're the main ones in there starting @!#$ with everyone. It's sad when elementary school children are more well behaved than half this site is. It's not always the teenagers either.

I dunno, I guess i'm not the normal type of girl. I try to avoid drama as much as I can and try to stay on people good sides. Granted it's just the internet, but seriously since it is JUST the internet why bother to have enemies on it? I don't try and bash people, I don't try to be a bitch, I may say things that sound really harsh and mean sometimes but I mean it in honesty and usually it's the only way I know to word it.

Toon Gallery | Sig Gallery | MySpace Page
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 7:55 AM on j-body.org
^^^^The problem is, heather, is that you seem to care. Don't. The less you care about whether or not someone being a douche, or if someone forgot to search, or anything like that, the better off things are. Then you read posts for their informative value, and the ones by the chumpstains with a bowl of popcorn.

The less seriously you take things here the better. It makes it easy to spot anything worthwhile.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:38 AM on j-body.org
True, but you shouldn't have to pick your own battles when posting on a forum, so to speak. It's like by the time you get to the end of a thread and are ready to post on the subject that it's not even worth it because all the replies have gone so off topic no one will even realize what you're talking about.

Toon Gallery | Sig Gallery | MySpace Page
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:46 AM on j-body.org
Then I post anyway. If people are to feeble to look back, then that's their problem.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 12:31 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

This site has majorly changed just in the short time I've been here. It's sad too, to be a well known person high up on someones list here you either have to have a kick ass car, or be an @!#$ to people. It's the nut swingers who are ruining the place, the one person could be sooo wrong, but they still have a crap load of people backing them up. Something is wrong with that, but people are so quick to jump to try and prove someone wrong when the person is actually right. It's not even high school drama, it's worse than high school drama. I rarely post anymore because of it, it's just not worth it. Same reason I basically stay away from posting in AG, people in there are so quick to spout off at the mouth that they hate drama and people here are so immature, but if you look in the majority of threads they're the main ones in there starting @!#$ with everyone. It's sad when elementary school children are more well behaved than half this site is. It's not always the teenagers either.

--emphasis mine.

Starts a slow clap. It's not just AG.

Amen.

And it's not that I care per se, it's just that seeing crap like Heather mentioned above would annoy most people. It's the gang mentality, strength in numbers. Most people grow out of it, some are so pathetic they rely on it.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 1:28 PM on j-body.org
degenerated wrote:It's the gang mentality, strength in numbers. Most people grow out of it, some are so pathetic they rely on it.

Aren't you part of the gang mentality??? See Event's sig to understand what I mean.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search