This site, and the people in it..... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
This site, and the people in it.....
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:37 PM on j-body.org
I figured this was probably the best place for this post, and I have to post it because its bugging me the more and more I get on here.

I joined back in 2002, but ive been around in 2001. This place used to have so many good knowledgeble people that were very nice to talk to and get to know on here. Anymore people are more willing to be an @!#$ and either give bad advice, tell them to search, or just down right bad mouth them. We were all newbs once but come on now. In almost every post I read now its someone else being a badass and being a downright jerk to other people.

I guess this is why I'm growing out of the toy car fad which is working on economy cars. The age group here shows the maturity level compared to other car sites. I'm on a couple forums and this site is by far the worst site as far as attitudes go around here.

but, with that said ---->

Re: This site, and the people in it.....
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:53 PM on j-body.org
Well, I just joined, but I have been watching the board for awhile. I kinda agree with you, but there are still good people on here, just ignore the jerks. Funny thing though, it seems that all the people that really know what they're talking about either don't post often, or they end up getting banned for stupid crap. Almost as if this site is trying to doom itself, lol. It'll turn around though, I've noticed Suncavi is back (don't flame, I know he can be annoying, but you have to admit he knows what he's doing). Maybe the others who know what they're talking about will come back too. At least, I hope they do, or I won't be hanging around too long.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:06 PM on j-body.org
WHY tell every noob to search? If you don't have the answer or don't want to give it to them then SHUT THE @!#$ UP! I know it gets old, but all you have to do is click the back button one time. I've been lurking since '99 when that car with the grim reaper was one of the best (Where is that car BTW?), but it is getting worse by the day. I think people should stop acting like they are mods.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:08 PM on j-body.org
i dont really remember when i joined but ive been here for awhile and i think there has always been a lot of stupid people, jerks and pussies but theres some cool people too...

Supercharged 95 BMW 540i M-Sport
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:13 PM on j-body.org
Some people tell other to search because they are tired of answering the same question over and over, and sometimes you scroll down a bit and see a post about the same question...... I'm sure it will happen to you at least one time. Some people are just stupid I agree, they just pollute some threads and try to start @!#$, there will always be this kind of people on a site where there's a lot of users (yeah I don't know how many )

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:21 PM on j-body.org
what do u expect when there are a bunch of teens on here that think they know more than Jesus. Sometimes you have to tell people to Search when they have a post that you can see 3 others related to it on the same damn page.

you always got that one dude that pops up now and then talkin trash, like Toronto Cavalier. Then you have people like NJHK who try to help everyone with all of their problems.

just gotta put up with the BS, becuase its everywhere in life. you cant escape it. just do what you do best and dont let others bother you.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 12:44 AM on j-body.org
Just read a thread where 2 idiots didn't even answer the question of the guy. The guy asked for advice on what to do to his car and got :

Quote:

I could really go for a sandwich right now.

and then the other one :

Quote:

mmmm.... sandwich.

and then a 3rd one :

Quote:

i think ur better off calling ur ex up and telling her u wanna nail her sister bc unless the right people read this ur not gonna get a decent response.

I don't care if the people who posted this read it..... When you don't have the answer to something, don't post or at least try to help him a little by sending him in the right direction. This is really annoying me to see things like that.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 12:59 AM on j-body.org
man, this again? i swear, these kinds of posts pop up more often than intake questions in the newbie forum.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 1:04 AM on j-body.org
ShiftyCav wrote:what do u expect when there are a bunch of teens on here that think they know more than Jesus. Sometimes you have to tell people to Search when they have a post that you can see 3 others related to it on the same damn page.

you always got that one dude that pops up now and then talkin trash, like Toronto Cavalier. Then you have people like NJHK who try to help everyone with all of their problems.

just gotta put up with the BS, becuase its everywhere in life. you cant escape it. just do what you do best and dont let others bother you.

You got it bro.

I for one used to be a newb and in some cases I am still a newb with certain topics but I know a good amount of a general car knowledge. I for one know what it's like to have a stock car and just being so anxious to modify that I don't know what to get, where to get it from or how to put it on.

Like Meckster said, we were all once newbies. I think the whole jerk mantality is the acceptance of being a jerk. One person says something in a jerkish manner, then the next person thinks they can say something and not get flamed, so they say something rude...etc etc. Basically, people say whatever they want when they feel that they aren't going to get dog crap thrown at them for saying it....easiest targets...newbs.

For this reason, I started getting heavily involved in the Newbies forum. I hadn't gone in the newbies forum before and when I started to, I started seeing threads where someone would ask a very generic question that most people on here know but they don't know and they were getting made fun of or flamed left and right...I found myself being the only one to stick up for them. As soon I did, then others joined to stick up for the newbies. After a while, you saw my name in every post either helping someone or sticking up for them...this is why I dubbed myself "King Of Newbies". It's not an ego thing but more of a humerous title for someone whos trying to do good in the "land of newbies".

Overall, there are good people out here and on this forum but it's just a matter of people having some balls and sticking up for people and not letting jerks take over threads like the one Da Ghost showed. We are all here to learn and have a good time, don't let the people who have personal issues take over.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, March 02, 2006 1:07 AM on j-body.org
Da Ghost (Qc) wrote:Just read a thread where 2 idiots didn't even answer the question of the guy. The guy asked for advice on what to do to his car and got :

Quote:

I could really go for a sandwich right now.

and then the other one :

Quote:

mmmm.... sandwich.

and then a 3rd one :

Quote:

i think ur better off calling ur ex up and telling her u wanna nail her sister bc unless the right people read this ur not gonna get a decent response.

I don't care if the people who posted this read it..... When you don't have the answer to something, don't post or at least try to help him a little by sending him in the right direction. This is really annoying me to see things like that.

I just posted in that thread...very immature comments indeed.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, March 02, 2006 4:59 AM on j-body.org
I stopped answering the same 3 turbo questions a couple years ago. I don't even look though, so I'm not one of the people with the smartass posts.

No you cannot run 21psi without fuel mods.

PAX

Thursday, March 02, 2006 5:11 AM on j-body.org
I feel the same way Adam and Meckster do newbs shouldn't be made a target they should be helped. Every one of us was a newb at one point and no matter what you now know at one time you didn't know how to check your oil.

BUT, The hate will never stop nor the smartass "your a moron " remarks. Of which is great ! Tell me does it make you feel big and important to call someone a name over the internet or do you think you come off as a tough guy ? Got news for you ! You've just made yourself look like a giant ass hat !!

I'll continue to try to help the newbs and anyone else that asks for it and for those of you intent to just start sh-t well just remember maybe that newb knows something you don't and when you ask for help i hope you get called a moron.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 7:06 AM on j-body.org
well I got one idea maybe if you keeping a topic asked over and over again and if you dont feel like question then dont do it let some other person answer your question for you instead of being a jerk and tell them to search its not that hard to just let it go that is the biggest problem you guys got on this board is being total jerk about it a nOOb asking a simple question - END OF STORY-

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Thursday, March 02, 2006 8:26 AM on j-body.org
wow what a dumb thread

Thursday, March 02, 2006 12:12 PM on j-body.org
cannon fodder wrote:man, this again? i swear, these kinds of posts pop up more often than intake questions in the newbie forum.

yeah well its the truth.... Its not just me that can't stand it anymore. Everything turns into a bitchfest on this site because of the lack of maturity. Most of the people on here are from the ages of 16-19 and cant get out of the high school drama mentality. It shows in almost every post anymore. From what I notice it's the kind of people who think just because someone isnt doing something thats not at all their taste, doesn't mean the trash talking has to start, and if you see a repost or something, deal with it, dont post if you have to be an ass and say search dumbass.

We are a car enthusiest group right?

Thursday, March 02, 2006 12:18 PM on j-body.org
heres my point.......

click

Thursday, March 02, 2006 12:47 PM on j-body.org
thats a funny thread meck
take the internet lightly
i learned that from the first drunk post i ever made

Thursday, March 02, 2006 1:40 PM on j-body.org
Meckster (The Angry One) wrote:heres my point.......

click

I think you were at fault for that one.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 1:56 PM on j-body.org
Its funny as hell to see a web shot of Gam while I argue with him. ( JK Gam )
Seriously though I've never seen it and thought it was great ! When someone starts sh-t on here its a shame we can't link to it and show them how they are acting. It may stop some stuff it may not but I gaurentee it will be funny !

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 2:15 PM on j-body.org
Guys, I've been around for a while, and really, getting the same questions over and over (it's not just teh dotorg) gets really, REALLY old.

I've modded other forums, and Literally, after seeing the same question about Modding PC's quite literally 30 times, I made about 6 stickies with the same information: put the link to the first thread, and in large, friendly letters stating USE SEARCH, DAMMIT!

Also, people get tired of seeing the same question posted a lot, there are some jackasses that act like that. You can't do anything about that as a mod or as a forum poster. You can ignore them, and that's about it.

My only other advice, IF you have a question about a topic regarding modification, or whatever, search first, if you don't know how to search, then learn. Being a Newb is temporary, being an ass lasts a lot longer.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 2:23 PM on j-body.org
i dont see a problem with tellign peopel to search.

there is however a problem with how most people say it.

if u really cant stand to repeat an answer a single more time and want to tell someone to search then instead of getting yelling SEARCH how about tell them to search and then give a good keyword to use to help them find their answer.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::

Thursday, March 02, 2006 4:22 PM on j-body.org
Glace wrote:
Meckster (The Angry One) wrote:heres my point.......

click

I think you were at fault for that one.

no, i wasn't, i was trying to be funny with my first reponse, and of course someone took it the wrong way as usual

Thursday, March 02, 2006 4:43 PM on j-body.org
Meckster (The Angry One) wrote:no, i wasn't, i was trying to be funny with my first reponse, and of course someone took it the wrong way as usual

Yes, it was. Someone mentioned what you posted was a repost and you decided to go off on him:
Meckster (The Angry One) wrote:who gives a @!#$, im not going to search through the entire off topic archives to find a specific video

Quite frankly, this isn't the first time that you did this: http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=5&i=388762&t=386766#388762

You've been bitching about quiting the tuner scene for almost a year now. Either give it up or stop bitching.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 4:56 PM on j-body.org
can you really blame anyone who wants to? The scene is garbage and childish... compare young kids with their little econo-boxes, and a bunch of older guys with muscle cars. It's like apples and oranges. As far as being done with the tuner scene, I am, in fact the car is for sale and I'm working on a much better car at the moment. I like maturity... especially being in the automotive field as my career, i dont have time for the childish high school drama that goes along with the whole "tuner" scene.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 5:51 PM on j-body.org
K

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search