Was I profiled? - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Was I profiled?
Friday, January 27, 2006 9:43 PM on j-body.org
smwklm03 wrote:just buy a tape recorder for like 10$. and when ever u get pulled over click it on and record.

i have one in my car at all times, and i have never told a cop i was taping (simply because you dont have to).....in ohio atleast.....

just make sure u play the right side if u go in and make a complaint...i failed to do that once and .....well.....lets just say they all laughed and dropped my ticket....that is all, no more details....

good luck

Sounds like a good idea, thanks.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, January 28, 2006 1:35 AM on j-body.org
The ECOnator (Encriptor) wrote:I think we need to learn a lesson from this going forward and that is if we have any more meets going forward in a private lot that we should call the owner ahead of time and make sure the police are aware as well.

soooo trooooooo.... makes it far much less a hassle. and if possible start out a partnership with like a food place... they let you hang, you give em business.... or hell if its a mall, tell em your girlfriends shop... you all sit.

Saturday, January 28, 2006 8:02 AM on j-body.org
..You should have told them that your grandmother was dutch (it's a old quote from blazing saddles(the deputy asks for two N******. Clevonne Little replies" Sir, Sir, you specifically asked for two N****** and well, to tell a family secret, my grandmother was dutch"))

on a serious note, that sucks..If you're going to fight it, you'll need a bunch of pictures and soundbytes of the other cars(which will probably incriminate a bunch of other people, possibly friends)..so yea, in hindsight, it might be best to chalk this one up as a loss and "pull a porky's" when that opportunity arrises.

Saturday, January 28, 2006 8:03 AM on j-body.org
just a heads up, not calling you a N***** or anything of the nature.. just trying to bring light of the situation..

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 5:50 AM on j-body.org
good movie scene

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 6:56 AM on j-body.org
Hey Adam, when I went up to Allentown to get those billet HVAC knobs for my car I was profiled too by every cop that I drove past. When I asked the guy up there why I was followed like they were all lost puppy dogs and I had a hamburger on my bumper he said its cause of my car. I couldn't believe they would get their panties in such a twist over my mods but he said that my car screamed street racer and that its illegal up there.
I was like and he goes its lowered right ? I said yes 2 inches ILLEGAL ! exhaust?
yes ILLEGAL ! not factory taillights ? Nope. ILLEGAL ! eyebrows on headlight ? yes
ILLEGAL ! I couldn't believe that those cops up there have nothing better to do then chase people around all day in modded cars. But I tell you what from the time I crossed into Lancaster heading up and till the time I hit just outside Reading on my way back home everytime I'd look in my rear view I'd see a cop. AND I WASN'T DOING ANYTHING AT ALL !!!!! So I'm leaning more toward you were automotivly profiled then racialy now that I experenced the same damn thing but being from out of state they couldn't nail me on inspection items. But they sure were waiting for me to speed or change lanes without signaling or to sneeze and they would have been all over my ass.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 1:37 PM on j-body.org
Ya know, I get a kick out of this. Have you noticed this NJHK that when you post pics of the mods you've done, or your lights, or something else, that "their so cool!", and "thats a badass car". Yet . . . You ask a mere question like "WAS I profiled", and suddenly you deserved everything you got because you are "boy ricer" and that "you are asking for it with mods", etc. Hypocrisy at its finest. Then again, that is the JBO's middle name . . .

I would say you were profiled. Not only cause you were the ONLY one pulled over out of a group of 40, but you certainly weren't the only one with mods on their car. Others had exhaust mods and what not as well, so why should you been nailed specifcially? If a bunch of cars were being nabbed, thats one thing, but at the fact of out of 40, YOU were the ONLY one, thats a problem . . .
Friday, February 03, 2006 5:28 AM on j-body.org
Exodus 259 wrote:Ya know, I get a kick out of this. Have you noticed this NJHK that when you post pics of the mods you've done, or your lights, or something else, that "their so cool!", and "thats a badass car". Yet . . . You ask a mere question like "WAS I profiled", and suddenly you deserved everything you got because you are "boy ricer" and that "you are asking for it with mods", etc. Hypocrisy at its finest. Then again, that is the JBO's middle name . . .

I would say you were profiled. Not only cause you were the ONLY one pulled over out of a group of 40, but you certainly weren't the only one with mods on their car. Others had exhaust mods and what not as well, so why should you been nailed specifcially? If a bunch of cars were being nabbed, thats one thing, but at the fact of out of 40, YOU were the ONLY one, thats a problem . . .

I agree with you 100%. l like the way you think.

Friday, February 03, 2006 5:35 AM on j-body.org
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:
Exodus 259 wrote:Ya know, I get a kick out of this. Have you noticed this NJHK that when you post pics of the mods you've done, or your lights, or something else, that "their so cool!", and "thats a badass car". Yet . . . You ask a mere question like "WAS I profiled", and suddenly you deserved everything you got because you are "boy ricer" and that "you are asking for it with mods", etc. Hypocrisy at its finest. Then again, that is the JBO's middle name . . .

I agree with you 100%. l like the way you think.

did you tell them your dad was gary coleman and you can get an autograph for them

Friday, February 03, 2006 5:50 AM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ What you talkin bout Willis ?

It was the hair that got him pulled over !

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 1:34 PM on j-body.org
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:You know what, I'm tired of discussing this cause no matter what I say it's always a rediculous claim that a cop could ever be racist or profile anyone.

Like I said before, I know what I am guilty of and that's not this issue. Mandy, I know what is done to my car and fully prepared to recieve tickets for them and that's not my issue. My issue was why I was the only person pulled over and why she made that uneccesary comment.

But whatever, you guys think what you want, I'll think what I want. I'll take care of all these tickets and not EVER return this that god forsaken town.

And Adam, maybe you're right, you would know more than me as far as what kind of town it is but it doesn't mean that their police officers couldn't be biggets.

Alright, you come into the thread asking people's opinions about whether or not you were racially profiled and then when they say "no - it was the car that was profiled" you get upset. You came in with the preconceived notion of being racially profiled. Why even bother asking for opinions?

Saturday, February 11, 2006 4:09 PM on j-body.org
IrshGuy wrote:
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:You know what, I'm tired of discussing this cause no matter what I say it's always a rediculous claim that a cop could ever be racist or profile anyone.

Like I said before, I know what I am guilty of and that's not this issue. Mandy, I know what is done to my car and fully prepared to recieve tickets for them and that's not my issue. My issue was why I was the only person pulled over and why she made that uneccesary comment.

But whatever, you guys think what you want, I'll think what I want. I'll take care of all these tickets and not EVER return this that god forsaken town.

And Adam, maybe you're right, you would know more than me as far as what kind of town it is but it doesn't mean that their police officers couldn't be biggets.

Alright, you come into the thread asking people's opinions about whether or not you were racially profiled and then when they say "no - it was the car that was profiled" you get upset. You came in with the preconceived notion of being racially profiled. Why even bother asking for opinions?

First of all you must not have read all or any of my previous posts or statements. The reason I wrote what I wrote was because some people do act like a police officer IN GENERAL could never do any harm or foul, that was my point.

Next time read everything someone says and not just quote one paragraph and not understand the full basis of my statement.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 8:37 AM on j-body.org
Funky Bottoms (Event) wrote:
The ECOnator (Encriptor) wrote:I think we need to learn a lesson from this going forward and that is if we have any more meets going forward in a private lot that we should call the owner ahead of time and make sure the police are aware as well.

soooo trooooooo.... makes it far much less a hassle. and if possible start out a partnership with like a food place... they let you hang, you give em business.... or hell if its a mall, tell em your girlfriends shop... you all sit.

Helluva idea. I'd do that regardless, just because if you're in a lot you can stay there for a while, and the police or security have no right to remove you because you have the owners permission to be there, just make sure to talk to everyone in the mall. There's a couple of places here where a bunch of tuners hang out on friday/saturday and after 2 years of getting pushed out, they finally figured out that they oughtta talk to the owners of the place first to see if it would be alright... they paid like $50 for the use of the lot weekend evenings, and the coffee shop, Jamaican restaraunt, Subway and corner store (there used to be an arcade there, but it closed down) basically pay their month's rent in the 8 evenings. All the rest of the businesses are closed @ 5/6 (dentist/doctors/lawyers offices on 2nd floor) so there's no real downside. The good thing is that none of the guys get stupid (well, not for long anyhow), and if someone is going to do something illegal they leave first and go way the hell outta the way to do it.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 10:10 AM on j-body.org
NJHK (The Turbo Negro) wrote:
IrshGuy wrote:

First of all you must not have read all or any of my previous posts or statements. The reason I wrote what I wrote was because some people do act like a police officer IN GENERAL could never do any harm or foul, that was my point.

Next time read everything someone says and not just quote one paragraph and not understand the full basis of my statement.

I did read all of it. Hence this part of that same quote:

"My issue was why I was the only person pulled over and why she made that uneccesary comment. "
Monday, February 13, 2006 1:32 AM on j-body.org
IrshGuy wrote:
IrshGuy wrote:

"My issue was why I was the only person pulled over and why she made that uneccesary comment. "

Yes exactly, that was my issue and why I started this thread to see other peoples opinions as far as if they think I was profiled given the facts and situation. Just to claify, I wasn't getting upset that people were saying it was my car being profiled, I was more upset that people think that no cop could do any wrong or cops don't profile at all.

Monday, February 13, 2006 9:16 AM on j-body.org
IrshGuy wrote:
IrshGuy wrote:

Yes exactly, that was my issue and why I started this thread to see other peoples opinions as far as if they think I was profiled given the facts and situation. Just to claify, I wasn't getting upset that people were saying it was my car being profiled, I was more upset that people think that no cop could do any wrong or cops don't profile at all.

Alright, I apologize then. I was getting the feeling that you were pissed about the other issue at hand and not the issue about dishonest cops.
Monday, February 13, 2006 4:46 PM on j-body.org
IrshGuy wrote:
IrshGuy wrote:
IrshGuy wrote:

Alright, I apologize then. I was getting the feeling that you were pissed about the other issue at hand and not the issue about dishonest cops.

It's all good. Apology accepted.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 9:14 AM on j-body.org
if you had witnesses with you in the car when she said that @!#$ i would fight it at your court hearing. thats bull @!#$.
Sunday, February 19, 2006 5:49 PM on j-body.org
HAHAHA

Were you profiled, no you damn idiot. You broke at least two(admitted) laws that gave the cop probable cause to pull you over.

THEN you broke another by not having your registration available.

Even if you were profiled GUESS why they do it.

TO CATCH PEOPLE DOING ILLEGAL THINGS.

You want to stop racial profiling STOP BREAKING THE LAW and give them no probable cause to pull you over..

2004 WR Blue/silver STi
Cobb Stage II
12.69 @ 106.1mph 1.66 = 60ft
Sunday, February 19, 2006 8:35 PM on j-body.org
Luke wrote:HAHAHA

Were you profiled, no you damn idiot. You broke at least two(admitted) laws that gave the cop probable cause to pull you over.

You want to stop racial profiling STOP BREAKING THE LAW and give them no probable cause to pull you over..

First of all, there is no need to call me and idiot or any other name. If you can't discuss something or give your opinion in a mature manner, than don't make any comments.

And by the way, I found my registration underneath my CD player so I did have it but I just had no idea where it was at the time. Either way, I'll get it dropped in court.

Monday, February 20, 2006 11:51 AM on j-body.org
Luke wrote:HAHAHA

First of all, there is no need to call me and idiot or any other name. If you can't discuss something or give your opinion in a mature manner, than don't make any comments.

And by the way, I found my registration underneath my CD player so I did have it but I just had no idea where it was at the time. Either way, I'll get it dropped in court.

OK rephrase:

HAHAHA

Were you profiled, no you person with a lower than average sense of awareness. You broke at least two(admitted) laws that gave the cop probable cause to pull you over.

THEN you broke another by not having your registration available.(notice I said available)

once again this statment still reigns true
You want to stop racial profiling STOP BREAKING THE LAW and give them no probable cause to pull you over....

Why do you think cops profile a certain demographic, because the percentages show that people fitting that profile have committed some kind of crime.

Demographics: 16-28 yo with a modified vehicle (probable street racer/traffic violator)

Could they have profiled you because you are black, maybe, or they could have just pulled you over because they noticed you had no front lisence plate displayed and you had illegal tint!?!?!?!. AND HOW BOUT THIS.....could the cops have even seen what ethnicity you were through that tint?????????????????? I know I cant see through tint at night or even in the daytime for that matter.

How bout this, the next time you fly and see an Arab American dressed a little grungy punch yourself in the nuts when you feel nervous around them because you just racially profiled them.

2004 WR Blue/silver STi
Cobb Stage II
12.69 @ 106.1mph 1.66 = 60ft

Monday, February 20, 2006 12:39 PM on j-body.org
Wow, that was original jagoff. You come into a topic that was generally solved, over and done with, just kicking it up and adding fuel to the fire.

Now, since everyone is an idiot except you appearently . . . Maybe you should re-read some peoples replys *cough mine *cough*. Yes, he has some illegal mods to his car, but he was AT A CAR MEET OF ABOUT 40 CARS. If he was driving down a local street, or a highway and a cop nailed him for things, that is one issue, but this was at a car meet with 40 OTHER CARS. All these other guys had window tins, exhaust , lights, etc done to their cars as well. The cop saw him and specifically started s*it initially until everything got done and settled. Then once they all left, bam, that same cop nailed him specifically and made that "OUR town" comment. So you explain that to me that this wasn't profiling someone or specifically pointing out him??
Monday, February 20, 2006 12:41 PM on j-body.org
Hell, adding onto that, the fact that NO ONE ELSE WAS PULLED OVER, just kinda puts it over the top, don't ya think . . .

Demographics: 40 cars all modded , possible racers/violators

Yet he is the only one to get pulled over and receive tickets . . . hmmmm
Monday, February 20, 2006 1:00 PM on j-body.org
i still don't think Adam was profiled.

i think he was silhouetted.

Monday, February 20, 2006 1:01 PM on j-body.org
Exodus 259 wrote:Hell, adding onto that, the fact that NO ONE ELSE WAS PULLED OVER, just kinda puts it over the top, don't ya think . . .

Demographics: 40 cars all modded , possible racers/violators

Yet he is the only one to get pulled over and receive tickets . . . hmmmm
I'd just like to point out what I said in an earlier post here....

Cops aren't The Borg. They don't all work the same way or make the same decisions. ONE cop of the group decided to pull someone over. In general, when ONE cop pulls someone over, they're going to pull ONE car over. Unfortunately for him, Adam won that lottery.

Also, apparently these cops had a run-in with a crowd of boy-racers somewhere earlier. Not Adam's group, but someone else. Well, if I'm a cop and I see yet another group of "those damn kids" hanging out somewhere I'm gonna think they're up to no good as well. Maybe it's just me, but I think the cop was saying "we don't want @!#$ street racing boy-racers in our town".

You want to lay blame somewhere? It's not the cops. It's not Adam. It's not race. It's not even the fact that his car is modified. It's the fact that SOMEONE ELSE'S car is modified and they drive around like a @!#$ retard and give us all a bad name. Thanks to toolboxes like that you can't even so much as put a set of wheels on your car without getting dirty looks form every cop on the street.

SOMEONE has to know who these @!#$ morons are, because they don't seem to travel in small groups. I know it's not me, I know it's not Adam, and I know it's not a majority of the people I know from JBO. But SOME of you have to know them. Call them out. Tell them they're @!#$s. Submit pics of their car to rice-cop, beaterz and every other stupid "make fun of cars" site you can find and then email them the links. I've said it before and I'll say it again..."take your hobby back". The police don't care that it's not you OR your club starting trouble...you're just another pack of tire smoking trouble starting punks to them. That's not your fault, either and that's what's really a shame. But what are you gong to DO about it?

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search