Was I profiled? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Was I profiled?
Sunday, January 22, 2006 5:16 PM on j-body.org
DennisGT wrote:as the wise rat once said:

"stock is hot" , and gets you no tickets

Yea, and no one remembers that wise rats name because he was driving such a boring car

Dennis I read your profile, you've done a lot of tweaks to your cars for you to take the position that "stock is hot". Would you be so quick to dismiss what happened to NJHK if you were once pulled over by a minority RCMP who informed you that you weren't welcomed in their town?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto

Sunday, January 22, 2006 5:19 PM on j-body.org
I'd wonder why they'd be pulling him over... Tillsonburg is OPP territory

och... My back still aches when I hear that word...

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, January 22, 2006 7:25 PM on j-body.org
I think its a BS ya got pulled over but she probably had a fire in her ass about some stupid @!#$, Who knows. If she wants loud I can bring my customers Heads/cam Z28 over with the cutout open. Lets see if thats too loud for her

2002 Z28: Slp coldair Pac, Corsa Catback, 3200 stall

Sunday, January 22, 2006 8:28 PM on j-body.org
RatZero δ wrote:I'm not sure you got profiled.
A) you are driving around with 3 obvious violations, you should expect to get pulled over.
B) You stated that you have tinted windows - would the cop even be able to see what
ethnicity someone driving your car is?

jk

She was watching everyone get into their cars...hence, she could easily see if I was black before hand.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, January 22, 2006 8:46 PM on j-body.org
JimmyZ wrote:Let's look at this from a different point of view...which I think is a more realistic one.

The cops told you there was a problem with a group there before. Let's call them the "boy racers", since that's whta they probably were. Punk asswipes with body-kitted, neoned and loud-exhausted Civics, Neons and maybe a Cavalier or two....making noise, tearing up the lot and being a general nuisance. The property owners call the cops to have them removed and they, as punk asswipes are prone to doing, give the cops an attitude. The boy racers finally leave, but only after making things a lot more difficult than they have to be.

Fast forward to your meet...this lady cop was probably one of the cops called to the original disturbance. "You people all look the same to me" takes on a whole new meaning here...you're just another group of punk kids driving around in annoying, loud rice rockets and you're going to start trouble there again.

That explains the initial attitude. The other cop decided to give you a chance and let things slide, just to see how it went. Unfortunately for you, the property owners said no way and called the cops again. That's their prerogative, even if you're not doing anything wrong. If they don't want you there, for any reason, you can't be there.

So on the way out, this lady cop decides that she's going to send a message, to be delivered to the rest of the group by one lucky winner. This time that winner was you. Maybe she picked you because your car is red. Maybe she picked you because she hates wings...or two tone paint jobs. Myabe, just maybe, your car resembled one from the previous problem...maybe even one where the driver gave her a hard time. Who knows, but she picked you, and I highly doubt it had anything to do with the color of your skin. While pulled over she cited you for things that are actually wrong with your car and told you that she "doesn't want you to hang out in their town".

Ya know what I think? She's as tired of the boy racer crowd as the rest of us and she's going to do whatever she can to get rid of them. She's gotta deal with a dozen noise, tresspassing and racing complaints a day from those retards and she (and the rest of the department) want them gone at all costs. So a good assumption is that if you pull over one and write a bunch of citations that the rest will hear about it ...and maybe not want to hang around that town anymore. So that's exactly what she did. Why didn't the rest of the cops pull anyone over? I have no idea, but they're cops, not "The Borg". They don't always act in unison. Why didn't the one cop that got you try to get more people for the same thing? She can't "catch all the fish" by herself.

Point is, boy racers are a nuisance wherever you are. Cops hate them. Property owners hate them. Neighborhood associations hate them. Responsible car clubs and enthusiasts hate them. For every one person like you that mods but drives responsibly, there's 10 that don't and that's why you got pulled over. They make it tough on anyone to mod a car. Cops look at you wrong now if you have so much as tinted windows because of those jackoffs. Now they've even got you crying racial profiling... when in fact you were "street racial profiled". (yeah, I know it's dumb..I just made it up. Dumb or not it's true.)

Jimmy, that's fully understandable what you said. Maybe it's hard to explain everything when you weren't there and see the demeaner that everything happend.

Not saying that looking at it from their point of view is wrong...but we're not sure if it's the true point of view. Is it so hard to believe that a cop might be racist? Not saying she necessarily was or not but is it so hard to believe? You even told me your story where they thought you were buying drugs cause you were white in a black neighborhood and they called you "cracker" etc., why would it be so hard to believe that the 1 black guy with a nice car in a white neighborhood gets pulled over and gets treated like some street punk and talked to however she wanted to talk to me at the time.

I think whether it was racial or not, I was profiled. She was out to get me on anything she could find...she even walked in front of my car to look for something wrong, which she saw that my license plate wasn't on my front bumper. If she had seen this from the start, she wouldn't have done that. As far as my tinted windows, yes they were up BUT I would imagine at night that it's a bit harder to tell if someone has them...but whatever.

I'll say it again, If I had a violation, of course I'm guilty of it BUT my question is why I was pulled over out of 40+ vehicles only, why her attitude was so harsh torwards me when me or my friends weren't cutting up in the parking lot and why she said what she said after she gave me the ticket...she could have handed me a ticket and walked away but she had to get her little message out.

Like said...maybe you just had to be there...

Sunday, January 22, 2006 8:56 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

women hold grudges much more so than men.

AMEN.

Monday, January 23, 2006 12:57 AM on j-body.org
Let me tell a true story and see what people think:

My friend was driving home a few weeks ago, he pulled out of a parking lot onto the street our appartments are on, just before he gets to our driveway, about halfway up the street, he see's lights behind him as a cop starts to come up the street. He turns into the driveway, comes around to our building and parks, as he gets out of his car the cop pulls up right behind his car and jumps out. He tells my friend to stop, then accuses him of evading the police. Shortening the story, my friend gets arrested, and his car gets towed away.

Now if I said my friend was black and/or driving a modded car you might think it was profiling, but he is white and was driving a 63 Nova(the same car that got him out of 2 tickets before when cops stopped him and just started chatting about his car instead of writing him speeding tickets or even a driving with no insurance).

More to the point is, the reason the cop turned his lights on and was going to pull him over...... when exiting the parking lot, his tires chirped.

There is no way to tell if you were pulled over because of profiling, because of a modded car, or because they wanted to set an example, or mabye just because some little thing you did set them off. In the end though, they thought you had infractions and mabye you did, so it was justified, and you still get to fight it in court. I personaly think if it was racially motivated, you probably would have spent a night in jail and been subjected to a bit more than just a few tickets.
Monday, January 23, 2006 4:45 AM on j-body.org
You knowingly broke the law. There is no defence against it, the only thing you have to do now is correct the problems you were ticketed for and pay court cost.

Whether you were profiled or not, I'd say there is a 50/50 chance. Should you pursue it...I think not. Why? Because you truly have no case if I were a judge listening to you trying to plead your case. You had WAY too many infractions, and it would sound as if you were trying to make the stop and following events seem as though they were racist actions to try and get some sort of sympathy from the court.

The exhaust ticket, depending on your municipality is more than likely not going to be able to be fought and won. Reason being, most officers are allowed to use their own discretion in noise pollution cases unless otherwise provided by law. On that ticket the least I'd expect is deferred adjudication.

"Speak the truth, and leave immediately after"
"The urge to save Humanity is almost ALWAYS a false front for the urge to rule"
"He who knoweth things as they are and not as they are said or seem to be, he truly is wise, and is taught of God more than of men."
Monday, January 23, 2006 8:04 AM on j-body.org
Adam,

I told you this already and I am going to post it to say again.

I don't think you were racially profiled because there were other black people with us you weren't the only one. But I do think you where ricer profiled. If you look at everyone in the club who has the most about of exterior work done, you. You have the most noticeable car too I mean first you see two spoilers, then two different colors, and what next but blacked out windows. The tinted windows are I'm sure what brought her specifically out to you.

For the window tint ticket, if you remove the tint they should drop the ticket, for the license plate ticket you can say that you had to fix your front bumper and it was nocked off because of someone sliding into you the week of the ice storm or something and you didn't have a chance to hook up the bracket but it was in your windshield which was recommended to you by your local PD. For the exhaust ticket the only exhaust law in NJ is for the db and your exhaust does not reach that db and you can prove that with a radio shack meter so you can get off of that. And finally the registration just say that you where startled and couldn't find it and prove you have registration.

I don't think what she did was right but we knew the entire night that she was pissed. I think we need to learn a lesson from this going forward and that is if we have any more meets going forward in a private lot that we should call the owner ahead of time and make sure the police are aware as well.

ImageImage
Defined Parts
Monday, January 23, 2006 8:10 AM on j-body.org
The ECOnator (Encriptor) wrote:Adam,

I told you this already and I am going to post it to say again.

I don't think you were racially profiled because there were other black people with us you weren't the only one. But I do think you where ricer profiled. If you look at everyone in the club who has the most about of exterior work done, you. You have the most noticeable car too I mean first you see two spoilers, then two different colors, and what next but blacked out windows. The tinted windows are I'm sure what brought her specifically out to you.

For the window tint ticket, if you remove the tint they should drop the ticket, for the license plate ticket you can say that you had to fix your front bumper and it was nocked off because of someone sliding into you the week of the ice storm or something and you didn't have a chance to hook up the bracket but it was in your windshield which was recommended to you by your local PD. For the exhaust ticket the only exhaust law in NJ is for the db and your exhaust does not reach that db and you can prove that with a radio shack meter so you can get off of that. And finally the registration just say that you where startled and couldn't find it and prove you have registration.

I don't think what she did was right but we knew the entire night that she was pissed. I think we need to learn a lesson from this going forward and that is if we have any more meets going forward in a private lot that we should call the owner ahead of time and make sure the police are aware as well.

There were like a few other black guys but they were all together in 1 vehicle which I believe was stock AND I left in front of her before them. Like said, I was with the first bunch to leave and she could clearly see me from where she was parked at which car I was getting into.

Monday, January 23, 2006 8:51 AM on j-body.org
It seriously sounds to me like you should spend your tourism dollars elsewhere.

Fight the citations you know are b.s., suck up the ones you're guilty on, and move on--it's all you can do, really.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Monday, January 23, 2006 10:28 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

Dennis I read your profile, you've done a lot of tweaks to your cars for you to take the position that "stock is hot".

True, but I got my share of tickets too,... plus i havent owned a j in a long time because I realized they are a money pit of problems, no plans to own another either,... dont post here often anymore, so i havent bothered with even thinking about updating my profile.. maybe I should...

swooosh!
Monday, January 23, 2006 10:39 AM on j-body.org
"...turns out that they were pulling over every vehicle traveling down that particular sidewalk...and thats called profiling and profiling is WRONG."

haha gotta love ron white.

Well if you ask me id say you were profiled as well...really sucks man and i hate to hear that it happened but like someone said a while back most of those tickets are fix-it tickets anyway.

Later
David

I need photoshop...cause its time for a new sig
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:34 PM on j-body.org
I don't think you were racially profiled. However you were profiled for the car.

One cop got po'd, doesn't matter which one, their going to bitch to someone and your now going to be the bad guy.

While parked all of your modification were legal, but the moment you left the private lot 2 of them became moving violations and merited a ticket.

1.) Tint
2.) License plate

I can almost garuntee they were waiting for you because the cop that addressed you initially was reprimanded.

I've seen it happen at the few meets I've been to, all 3 or 4 of em . Ccar is legal in the lot, but once they pull out of it with their neons on and a cop nails them.

They sit their waiting for it.

If I had a lot I'd welcome young kids to come and have a meet, hire local off duty officers for a few hours of crowd control and charge like 5 bucks a head. Anyone who did anything stupid would be forced to leave and banned from future events.

Real simple, makes me money, and keeps the "scene" in a more positive light because its now a "car show".

-Chris

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:41 PM on j-body.org
fsk the po po's always tryin to keep the black man down, call rodney king and OJ

Thursday, January 26, 2006 5:01 PM on j-body.org
Adam,

I can't believe you would even bring race into this whole situation. You're car is a ticket on wheels. You have more eye catching illegal things on your car then anyone else there. Come to think of it. I think you are the only Jersey J with tinted windows. I'm pretty sure we all have lisence plates in the proper postition except for you. You're exhaust is one of the most noticable there. How could you even bring race into this situation. Everything she pulled you over for were legit reasons. It's not like she was pulling you over for no reason at all. Not for nothing, but why whenever a black person has something happen to them they have to pull the race card. I have no problem in speaking my mind, and quite frankly I'm very VERY dissapointed in you. If I was a police officer, you would have been the first to be pulled over. You are just asking for trouble. How can you even complain when this is the second ticket you've gotten for tinted windows. A Sgt. in my town told me that tinted windows is a very big deal in Jersey, it prohibits the officer from seeing who is driving the car, if they are drinking, smoking, ect.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:04 PM on j-body.org
Ad1kTed 2 SpE3d wrote:Adam,A Sgt. in my town told me that tinted windows is a very big deal in Jersey, it prohibits the officer from seeing who is driving the car, if they are drinking, smoking, ect.

it prohibits the officer from seeing who is driving the car, if they are drinking, smoking, black, hispanic...

Regardless of what infractions were on the car, is it coincidence that the only car full of black dudes was pulled over? And what about that "stay out of our town" wisecrack? Sure, this was just a routine traffic stop..NOT!

If you believe that it's possible for a cop to be racist, why can you not believe it when they abuse their power?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:58 PM on j-body.org
Ad1kTed 2 SpE3d wrote:Adam,

I can't believe you would even bring race into this whole situation. You're car is a ticket on wheels. You have more eye catching illegal things on your car then anyone else there. Come to think of it. I think you are the only Jersey J with tinted windows. I'm pretty sure we all have lisence plates in the proper postition except for you. You're exhaust is one of the most noticable there. How could you even bring race into this situation. Everything she pulled you over for were legit reasons. It's not like she was pulling you over for no reason at all. Not for nothing, but why whenever a black person has something happen to them they have to pull the race card. I have no problem in speaking my mind, and quite frankly I'm very VERY dissapointed in you. If I was a police officer, you would have been the first to be pulled over. You are just asking for trouble. How can you even complain when this is the second ticket you've gotten for tinted windows. A Sgt. in my town told me that tinted windows is a very big deal in Jersey, it prohibits the officer from seeing who is driving the car, if they are drinking, smoking, ect.

Adam, you're missing the point of this post. I wasn't sure if race was an issue, that's why I made this thread. I never said that I didn't have tinted windows and my license plate wasn't in my windshield and that I didn't have my registration. My issue wasn't what she gave me because all except for 1 (the exhaust ticket) was BS. She had no detector to tell what decibel I was running and she barely heard my cars exhaust cause barely had my foot on the pedal.

I have been pulled over before...I have NEVER tried to use the race card in any of the those situations because I know I was guilty of what I was doing. Not ever black person who gets pulled over uses the race card and for you to say that statement is far fetched...I doubt you know a ton of black people to even say that all of the black people you know who have been pulled over use that.

I'll say it again, I know what I am guilty of and I will handle them BUT it was her conduct torwards me that wasn't necessary, her comment that could be taken in that context of being racial and for the fact that I was the ONLY person pulled over out of a ton of modified vehicles. That is the only reason why I ask if race was an issue cause I wasn't sure.

Also, before you start blaming me about using the race card, when I met up with everyone else and told them what happend, THEY used the race card...THEY were all caucasion. When I came on here to speak to other people about IF I was profiled, THEY said I was and THEY are white. Even till this moment I have not fully said that she DEFENITELY pulled me over for that reason...I'm only thinking of it as a possibility. It is not far fetched to think that a township cop in a perdominantly white town targeted a young black male, it happends all the time in the United States...years back NJ State Police got in HUGE trouble because they WERE targeting blacks and racial profiling.

but whatever, you weren't in my shoes, you aren't in my shoes and you haven't seen things I have seen before and seen how certain people are treated because of their race. It's easy to be white and say "why is it that blacks always use the race card?" but when you are actually picked out just because of your race, it's a different story.

Friday, January 27, 2006 8:46 AM on j-body.org
^^^it just means using that "race card" only when it's been played first. Profiling's not adherent to blacks, nor is it something this country does (try being a Gypsy in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, or Hungary, and you run into the same that the oppressed minority du jure over here runs into.

Not saying it's right in any means, but just that it happens.

Now, I don't know the laws in Jersey, but the ones that you're in the right, fight them, and at least you have the integrity to admit where you were wrong.

Hell, I could get all over the Canadian border partol's case for pilling me over EVERY-FREAKING-TIME-I-GO-AND-VISIT-TO-SEARCH-MY-CAR. But what good would it do? I figure since I *know* i'm in the clear and my blackground is cleaner than a virgin's honeypot. I just let them do their authority masturbation excercize, plan for an extra hour at the border, and use the time to get out of the car and stretch my legs.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, January 27, 2006 9:09 AM on j-body.org
adam..you think that YOUR exhaust ticket is bs?

I..got a loud exhaust ticket(a couple months ago). i probably have the most quiet full exhausts in jbody history. seriously. haha. cops see a different muffler and suddenly your exhaust is breaking all kinds of sound barriers.

as for the race thing..im sorry but i think youre being a little silly also. i mean, let's say you were white. now, look at all the cars. yours is obviously the most flashy. and i'm not saying that's bad, but like festa said, you have the most going on and she was probably like "i can get the most tickets out of this guy". the only thing on my car is white blinkers, same with pj. dj, adam cavalier, all the cobalts..none of them really had anything illegal going on. and i mean, jay's got a beetle. who else is there to pick from? your car had plenty of things she could ticket you from just by looking right away.

if youre going to mod your car and do illegal things, just be prepared to get pulled over once in awhile and pay for it. that's all you can really do.

and as for her saying that we don't want you in our town, or whatever...i'm pretty sure she didn't mean you as a black, she doesn't want our car clubs hanging out in their store parking lots.

Friday, January 27, 2006 9:31 AM on j-body.org
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:
I was the only black person who was there out of the huge crowd, I am in a VERY perdomonantly white township, I was the ONLY person pulled over and after she gave me my ticket she said...and I quote... "Don't hang out in OUR town"

She was talking about the car clubs. They just finished telling us how the car clubs in that area are starting to piss them off. It had nothing to do with your race. They are talking soley about cars. So in now way shape or form did that have to do with just you.

And just so you know, Freehold is far from being prodomonantly white. Trust me, I'm there all the time.

Friday, January 27, 2006 9:53 AM on j-body.org
You know what, I'm tired of discussing this cause no matter what I say it's always a rediculous claim that a cop could ever be racist or profile anyone.

Like I said before, I know what I am guilty of and that's not this issue. Mandy, I know what is done to my car and fully prepared to recieve tickets for them and that's not my issue. My issue was why I was the only person pulled over and why she made that uneccesary comment.

But whatever, you guys think what you want, I'll think what I want. I'll take care of all these tickets and not EVER return this that god forsaken town.

And Adam, maybe you're right, you would know more than me as far as what kind of town it is but it doesn't mean that their police officers couldn't be biggets.

Friday, January 27, 2006 2:43 PM on j-body.org
And Adam, maybe you're right, you would know more than me as far as what kind of town it is but it doesn't mean that their police officers couldn't be biggets.

I have heard of other people doing this, not that I'm advocating this action, but presenting this just for your amusement...

You know how magazines always have a few subscription cards in them? What if some "fell out" while you were previewing them at the news stand? And what if the magazines were sent to the police station in the name of the officer who showed you such preferential treatment? And what if those magazines just happened to feature pictorials of well endowed black dudes? Wouldn't that be funny?

A little over a year ago I prepaid for a 2 year subscription for my brother in law to recieve "Blue Boy" magazine at his work because he called my son a "fag" for crying when he fell and got road rash on his leg. He doesn't know who sent them, but he still gets sh!t from his coworkers for it each and every month. Not that I would ever suggest that you do the same, but you're free to do as you please.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Friday, January 27, 2006 2:59 PM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:

I have heard of other people doing this, not that I'm advocating this action, but presenting this just for your amusement...

You know how magazines always have a few subscription cards in them? What if some "fell out" while you were previewing them at the news stand? And what if the magazines were sent to the police station in the name of the officer who showed you such preferential treatment? And what if those magazines just happened to feature pictorials of well endowed black dudes? Wouldn't that be funny?

A little over a year ago I prepaid for a 2 year subscription for my brother in law to recieve "Blue Boy" magazine at his work because he called my son a "fag" for crying when he fell and got road rash on his leg. He doesn't know who sent them, but he still gets sh!t from his coworkers for it each and every month. Not that I would ever suggest that you do the same, but you're free to do as you please.

Now that is funny lol

Friday, January 27, 2006 5:25 PM on j-body.org
just buy a tape recorder for like 10$. and when ever u get pulled over click it on and record.

i have one in my car at all times, and i have never told a cop i was taping (simply because you dont have to).....in ohio atleast.....

just make sure u play the right side if u go in and make a complaint...i failed to do that once and .....well.....lets just say they all laughed and dropped my ticket....that is all, no more details....

good luck

http://myspace-613.vo.llnwd.net/00342/31/60/342400613_l.gif
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search