GM will file bankrupty..... - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: GM will file bankrupty.....
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:27 AM on j-body.org
Keeper, even with the salaries of the top GM execs...it is a drop in the bucket in the total GM pays out in health car and retirement benefits. I think the payout to the health care and retirement is in the neighborhood of $13.5 BILLION.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:41 AM on j-body.org
but in a sense, i don't think health care and retirement are "wasted", per se. I think a lot of execs of many companys are grossly overpaid for the job they do, and most of the rank-and-file are underpaid, but such is the money balance.

I do share some agreement with you based on an underlying problem of the vast majority of americans being hypochondriacs--to wit; in the past 6 years i'e workd for my company and had my health plan, i've used it all of 0 times. The only reason i have it is because, knowing the way odds of things work with me, a tapir might break out of the zoo and manage to rupture my gallbladder or something as equally far-fetched, and i'd like to not have to pay out the ass.

BUT, not degrading those with serious medical needs that should be covered, i think some of the heath coverage should be dialed back a bit, so that it makes it a bit more difficult for someone to go to the ER every time they sneeze, but this across trhe board--not just GM. And as for retirement, well, since they're not raising the mandatory retirement age, and people are living longer, how else are we to make sure the aged can live--tax more into social security? a culling of everyone over 90? Those will fly and hit the pavement like a hefty bag filled with beef vegetable soup.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:06 AM on j-body.org
Chances of GM filing for Bankruptcy is slim. The Execs will loose so much money compared if they save the company. GM is on the right track.

Also this is a good read for this topic.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=1&i=337765&t=337765

Friday, January 13, 2006 8:17 AM on j-body.org
Gotta love how a financial analysts turns into a mechanic in mere seconds. Last night on the Newshour w/ Jim Lehrer they did a story on GM, a couple of analysts made some good points but one stuck out like a sore thumb and I'm willing to bet he's never owned a GM vehicle. He's walking around with the journalist holding a consumer reports book and points out various cars and points at a Saturn and says "if you buy that brand you should have a mechanic on standby". My dad's driven his Saturn well over 150,000 miles and only had one problem with it and that was the #4 injector which was replaced under warranty. Everybody is so quick to say that GM's in dire trouble and will file for bankruptcy but you know what they've pulled out of recessions before and they'll do it again.

Friday, January 13, 2006 4:43 PM on j-body.org
It's not a recession yet

Maybe saying that "you should have a mechanic on standby" is unfair, but in reality, one good news story doesn't tell the whole tale either. He was likely reading stats and perhaps it's one of the less reliable vehicles in its class (just a guess), hence the sideways remark.

PAX
Friday, January 13, 2006 6:58 PM on j-body.org
Whoy202 wrote:
I myself only have a modest high school education. Ive been in the workforce since I was seventeen. Working in the grocery business, night shift, making a whopping $4.65 per hour! Only to be promoted to grocery manager at a even more staggering rate of $6.50 per hour. I worked hard 60 to 80 hour weeks for years.

Now not to change the subject but you dont mean that you worked 60-80 hours a week for $6.50 an hour do you? Ive worked 60-80 hours a week before, but i sure as hell wouldnt do it for $6.50. Gotta be a better paying job if you gonna work that many hours.

"Custom cars, custom problems."-me

Sunday, January 15, 2006 8:20 PM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:It's not a recession yet

Maybe saying that "you should have a mechanic on standby" is unfair, but in reality, one good news story doesn't tell the whole tale either. He was likely reading stats and perhaps it's one of the less reliable vehicles in its class (just a guess), hence the sideways remark.

PAX

I think he was talking about GM being in Worse postitions then what they are in now.

1991 GM lost 21B and they survived.

Saturday, January 28, 2006 6:52 PM on j-body.org
You couldn't handle a union job!
Saturday, January 28, 2006 6:54 PM on j-body.org
You think $70k is alot of money for working all year?
Saturday, January 28, 2006 7:04 PM on j-body.org
What do you think, going to school for years is paying dues? Daddy pays for someone to go to college and get in the "I got a degree club" and then they feel they are owed a high paying job. But they have no skills other than what some idiot professors ,many of who have never had a real job, taught them.
Saturday, January 28, 2006 7:09 PM on j-body.org
Not only do people go to the doctor that don't need it, but most of the people who are in really bad health are that way because of their lifestyle.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 10:51 AM on j-body.org
Who in the hell are you talking to with those posts?

Monday, January 30, 2006 8:16 PM on j-body.org
Not talking to anyone, I am writing. Who too? Anyone that wants to read them, also the people who I am writing to KNOW who they are.LOL
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search