Freedom of speech voted on in the House - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Freedom of speech voted on in the House
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 3:39 PM on j-body.org
Link to Pelosi Speaker Webpage

Why is it that a bill trying to curb free speech (disclose act) even got the support it did. If it were not for pamphlets and other information how would the revolution have happened in the first place.

The double speak from the hill is interesting these days.... look at who would be banned and who would be allowed under the bill they tried to pass....

Re: Freedom of speech voted on in the House
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 3:42 PM on j-body.org
I don't think there is anything on the Speaker's page that gives any substance as to what the act does or doesn't do.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 3:49 PM on j-body.org
you can try to read teh whole thing, I was just trying to give horses mouth instead of interpreting. the cliff notes are tehy tried to block certain entities from political postings, with exceptions of people who had made arrangements with her. examples planned parenthood the nra etc

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:43 PM on j-body.org
The simple truth of this bill is that they are trying to stack the deck in their favor. The exempt entities are the massive liberal groups which drive the Democrats. All the while, they are trying to smear opponents of the bill as wanting to protect their "pay-offs". Any bill of this type needs to be absolutely free of any exemptions, as should all bills. I don't care what side of the isle is trying to do it.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 5:19 PM on j-body.org
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 7:42 PM on j-body.org
Think this "bill" kinda is messing with the Constitution a bit?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search