Ronery, I'm so ronery.... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ronery, I'm so ronery....
Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:59 AM on j-body.org
So, there's no doubt in my mind that North Korea is trying to start a war with the South.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100525/ap_on_re_as/as_skorea_ship_sinks

Lets get a bet going. How long till they officially go back to war with one another?

And, should we help? Our forces are already spread thin, if we decide to increase troops is it a reality that the draft could be re-enacted?

Re: Ronery, I'm so ronery....
Tuesday, May 25, 2010 10:18 AM on j-body.org
lol @ thread title.

We currently have 28,000 US troops in S. Korea. Depending on how the next few weeks go, I could see a potential request to increase troop presence. I'm not sure how well instituting a draft would go over here at home. I think that could be the straw to break the camels back in terms of outrage within this country, however it's debatable that that's exactly what some people want to see happen.

I'm of the belief that the US is partially, if not fully responsible for helping to "create" this animosity in that region and I'm also of the belief that the US will somehow involve us in another undeclared illegal war with the false premise of "world security".

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:21 AM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:lol @ thread title.

I do what I can.

Quote:

I think that could be the straw to break the camels back in terms of outrage within this country, however it's debatable that that's exactly what some people want to see happen.

I think if there were to be some sort of direct attack on an American ship, plane, etc while over there, that there would be less outrage. I also wouldn't be surprised if we sent out a defenseless little ship with a tiny american flag on it, straight past an NK sub in hopes that they'd sink it.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 12:01 PM on j-body.org
ThatGuy85 wrote:I think if there were to be some sort of direct attack on an American ship, plane, etc while over there, that there would be less outrage. I also wouldn't be surprised if we sent out a defenseless little ship with a tiny american flag on it, straight past an NK sub in hopes that they'd sink it.

I agree 100%.

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 4:57 PM on j-body.org
meh.. isnt the first time.. if it goes to war, its not just the US im worried about, spreading them selves than. Im concerned about how many other coun tries are going to jump on the bandwagon like happened with Iraq and Afghanistan. Canada had no reason to end up in Afghanistan, neither did Australia, Chile, Poland etc..

Obama is doing a good job handling everything on his plate. He walked into two wars started by another president and has been hit with what can be called one of the largest amn made natural disasters in any sort of recent history, but another war would stretch even the best man too thin.

If America goes to Korea, i should tell my kid he was alive during a world war.
Wednesday, June 02, 2010 5:14 PM on j-body.org
i say the war starts 12-20-2012 ends 2 days later

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 11:42 PM on j-body.org
Just give it some time, Kim Jong will eventually die of some kind of horrible STD he gets from little boys...

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Friday, June 04, 2010 5:09 AM on j-body.org
i dont think anyone in congress would be stupid enough to stand up and agree to start up a draft. it would be political suicide.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, June 04, 2010 5:24 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:i dont think anyone in congress would be stupid enough to stand up and agree to start up a draft. it would be political suicide.

The only problem there is.......when was the last time congress was even relevant?

Friday, June 04, 2010 5:05 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:i dont think anyone in congress would be stupid enough to stand up and agree to start up a draft. it would be political suicide.
That doesn't seem to be stopping them from doing anything unpopular lately

Monday, June 07, 2010 5:30 AM on j-body.org
yeah but normall its doing something unpopular that angers those opposed to you. a draft would anger those against you and those for you. lose lose.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Monday, June 07, 2010 6:40 AM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:

The only problem there is.......when was the last time congress was even relevant?

Maybe the last time you paid your taxes? Maybe a fee, or when you couldn't do something because of some silly regulation?

Back to N Korea, the South seems to be getting tired of the nonsense and I think they are now taking a harder edge with their cousins to the North.

Sunday, July 11, 2010 11:47 AM on j-body.org
I'd personally like to see the Koreas reunify via force. My guess is, we'd stay out of it, save for being an arms supplier. Due to its status as an economic powerhouse, SK can destroy NK in a fair fight unless China gets involved.

IMO, chances are if SK invades NK, China will look the other way (other than also supplying arms) but use it as an opportunity to invade Taiwan and do some reunifying of their own. We'd be well served to stay the hell out of both skirmishes. I rather doubt we could do anything of note anyway, being spread mighty thin right now.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:32 PM on j-body.org
stop trollin grandpa

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 4:22 PM on j-body.org
Well, no, not a Grandpa yet. At 48, my kids are still too young to have given me grandchildren!

But if you have nothing left to play but that "old" card, then thank you for again demonstrating how much you suck at this.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search