1.5 million NYC tax dollars spent everywhere EXCEPT NYC. - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1.5 million NYC tax dollars spent everywhere EXCEPT NYC.
Wednesday, October 07, 2009 9:12 PM on j-body.org
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091007/ap_on_re_us/us_nyc_gun_sting

What uncovered was worthwhile prosecuting, but was THIS sting any of his business? Why hasn't this dude ever done a sting in his own state at gunshows... At least none he's done were me roomed here. Last time I checked anyway, a mayor has no jurisdiction outside his own city. That said, in estigate these alleged infractions and if need be, prosecute. Hang up yor spidey suit bloomberg and spend NYC tax money in NYC

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: 1.5 million NYC tax dollars spent everywhere EXCEPT NYC.
Thursday, October 08, 2009 5:59 AM on j-body.org
I know that in Mi. you have to go to your local police to get a pistol purchase permit before you can buy one. This permit is only issued after you pass a background check. I also learned from working gun shows with my father that it was unlawful to sell a firearm to a non MI. resident. Other states may not be this way.

If some of the dealers did in fact sell to them after being told that they probably cant pass a back ground check then there should be a formal investigation by an actual authirity having jurisdiction. Not a mayor from another state. In regards to the previous "investigation" he did, I saw some of the videos and and few of them did not look like "straw purchases". I know that my dad and I did some of the same things (I had the money and then carried the rifle, but he did all the talking) when I was underage but none of the rifles were for me.

Since he did not have the authority to be acting in the areas he was I think it would be funny if Bloomberg was charged with making illegal purchases (assuming he did actually violate a law, its been a while since Ikept up to date on them).

Thursday, October 08, 2009 7:22 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091007/ap_on_re_us/us_nyc_gun_sting

What uncovered was worthwhile prosecuting, but was THIS sting any of his business? Why hasn't this dude ever done a sting in his own state at gunshows... At least none he's done were me roomed here. Last time I checked anyway, a mayor has no jurisdiction outside his own city. That said, in estigate these alleged infractions and if need be, prosecute. Hang up yor spidey suit bloomberg and spend NYC tax money in NYC

Hes doing it for NYC as well as everyone else. Alot of the weapons in the city come from places like that. So to me its a relevant sting

Saturday, October 10, 2009 6:03 PM on j-body.org
If the weapons can't be traced (in the article) how does he or you know that " a lot" of the guns come from those places. Facetime on tv and an opp to get his name out there on the national scene

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search