and more Racism [Jimmy Carter ] - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: and more Racism [Jimmy Carter ]
Saturday, September 19, 2009 8:43 PM on j-body.org
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:
Knoxfire Esquire wrote:From what I can tell it costs you more money to use your system than ours, and yours isn't better. Might be prettier and you might get treated faster for little things, but when it comes to life and death it's pretty much the same in both places.

I'd disagree. The death rate in America, once adjusted for deaths that cannot be attributed to medical aspects (murder, suicide, accidents) is the best in the Western world.
I've seem stats that rate us worse than most of the western world when it comes to deaths attributed to the quality/suffient of heath care. I'll have to find the source again but I'd also like to see yours, since it directly contradicts what I've seen on the issue.

Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:85% of American do not want a change. To me, that means the people have spoken.
I REALLY doubt that stat. The issue is certainly contended, but I refuse to believe that 85% of people want our health care system to stay as it is completely untouched. Most people who I've talked to - here included - who even while they oppose Obama's heath care, almost no one thinks we should bury our heads in the sand and do nothing.

Opposing the plan currently suggested, and opposing any change/regulation/overhaul/reform/etc - those are 2 separate issues. Almost everyone can agree that SOMETHING needs done urgently, people however do not agree on what.

That being said, I've seen no poll numbers from any source on the current health care bill that poll anywhere near where you are talking. I'd like to see a source for that 85%, til then I'm calling BS on that claim. And so I decide to look it up myself -
-
and while it looks like a small majority do oppose this bill, its nothing like 85%!! Wherever you heard that, you might want to take what they say with a grain of salt.

Saturday, September 19, 2009 10:57 PM on j-body.org
I hate when people post stats.....

Although I would agree that 85% of people are probably afraid that change will lead to something worse..... but still may want it....

Personally... I really dont care what the masses want anymore..... since the masses are retards that actually ask for stuff that will end our world as we know it..

Screw them.....

Sunday, September 20, 2009 8:13 AM on j-body.org
I have to admit, the 85% I've been told is hearsay without me mining the stats...I'll spare us all that excruciating detail. But nonetheless...if even a mere 51% don't want a total revamp, then it should not happen. That's enough to get a President elected; it should be sufficient for the legislators WE send to Washington to honor their constituents' wishes.

As for the death rate...you are certainly free to Doubt it. This one I have found to be rather dependable, and it makes sense since our healthcare is superb at most all levels. It is one inevitable side effect of paying a handsome price...handsome quality. I know, you'd prefer to imagine rooms of fat-cat cigar-chompin' executives laughing while their overstuffed pockets shed Franklins, but it just ain't so. A few well paid executives aside (NOT a new phenomena, by the way!), these public companies can't just shovel truckloads of cash somewhere. That's illegal. They are still accountable. We pay for good care; we get good care. The ultimate beneficiaries of even the profits are the stockholders...who then use it to pay for their excellent health care!

It's really a case of the free market model doing its best. As it's far from actually broken...it does not need a 100% overhaul.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, September 20, 2009 8:59 AM

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 10:47 AM on j-body.org
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:I have to admit, the 85% I've been told is hearsay without me mining the stats...I'll spare us all that excruciating detail. But nonetheless...if even a mere 51% don't want a total revamp, then it should not happen. That's enough to get a President elected; it should be sufficient for the legislators WE send to Washington to honor their constituents' wishes.

Boy did we ever get off topic. Anyhow I agree with this part. The only way to change this is to get informed and vote them out. Town hall meeting dont work when you have arrogant jack asses like the guy in the video below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtmgQ2W3lhM

Not to mention all the tea party goers and town hall goers are being called racists, ect. in an effort to discredit them so that is not very effective.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, September 23, 2009 10:55 AM

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search