Some of you will know why I did this. - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Some of you will know why I did this.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:33 PM on j-body.org

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Re: Some of you will know why I did this.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:44 PM on j-body.org

Thursday, August 20, 2009 12:44 AM on j-body.org
GREAT STUFF!!!!!
Thursday, August 20, 2009 3:44 AM on j-body.org
I happen to like this one, myself:

Thursday, August 20, 2009 4:19 AM on j-body.org
Hey where is all of our friends callin ya, "a right winged radical?" Anyways cool looking stuff.

Thursday, August 20, 2009 6:45 AM on j-body.org
The chance one is actually pretty funny.

Friday, August 21, 2009 8:22 AM on j-body.org
Wasn't the recession in full swing when he took office.....

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Friday, August 21, 2009 10:29 AM on j-body.org
Short Hand wrote:Wasn't the recession in full swing when he took office.....

The stock market took a huge dive when he was elected so yeah by the time he took office most of the damage was already done to the stock market. His spend spend spend policy is going to effect our economy. China is not cool with loaning us more money so we printed more. This has historically never ended well. One of two things are going to happen or a combination of both. A) Rampant inflation B) More taxation

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, August 21, 2009 2:11 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:

The stock market took a huge dive when he was elected so yeah by the time he took office most of the damage was already done to the stock market. His spend spend spend policy is going to effect our economy. China is not cool with loaning us more money so we printed more. This has historically never ended well. One of two things are going to happen or a combination of both. A) Rampant inflation B) More taxation

Don't forget surging interest rates, effectively increasing the impact of the inflation.

There's a simple answer, that no one seems to want to hear: when the country is in a recession, you can do something to fix it, you can leave it alone, or you can do something to f%&k it up even more. The only thing they have done since January is damage it further, and they are trying to slam through bills that will add even more negative impact.

The real question is that of intent. You have two options. You can believe that their intent is to fix things, but are simply clueless and can't seem to do anything right, or you can believe that they are taking advantage of a situation, using fear mongering and false hope, to pass legislation they have wanted to pass for years, simply for their own benefit.

Just like with Tim Geithner with his owed back taxes: was he incompetent, or a liar? There is no "good" answer.

Saturday, August 22, 2009 4:24 AM on j-body.org

If you ever paid attention you would have noticed that the recession started before Bush even took office.

Saturday, August 22, 2009 4:55 AM on j-body.org
mitdr774 wrote:

If you ever paid attention you would have noticed that the recession started before Bush even took office.

Actually, we came out of that one, in late 2003. In 2008, we began another one. Our economy will always go through ups and downs, but the government can easily f%&k it up with the wrong policies.

As I've said before, the Bush recovery policies are a great example of both the right way and the wrong way to help an economy. In 2001, they passed a stimulus package which included checks being sent out to millions of Americans. It had no effect. In 2003, the tax cuts were passed, and we pulled out of recession shortly after. In 2008, when we were entering another one, they passed another stimulus package consisting of checks being sent out. Look how well that did.

Sunday, August 23, 2009 9:23 AM on j-body.org
Hold up.....

Keeping the money in the hands of people who EARNED it.... Worked...

wow.

who would have guessed?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, August 23, 2009 6:13 PM on j-body.org

This might make me sound like a bigot or whatever.... but I kinda wish that one of these red necks that keep talking about shooting that sumbitch would just f-ing do it already..

Not for the reasons you think though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search