You know that you've made it and... - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: You know that you've made it and...
Saturday, August 08, 2009 12:38 PM on j-body.org
Oh I see, so you use grammatically incorrect "labels," to criticizes other people's grammar.

That's classic.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Saturday, August 08, 2009 1:31 PM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:the sentence "FAIL." carries an understood "you" as the subject, with fail being the verb. so...it's grammatically correct

In that instance, "fail" is a transitive verb, giving a present tense statement rather than passed tense. My point was that it wasn't a sentence or a statement at all, but it was a label. To put it in simpler terms, when you read the tag on the inside of your clothes, do they say "large", or do they say "This is a large shirt"? A label is not a sentence or a phrase, so grammatical rules do not apply.

And Goodwrench, keep trying. Eventually you might get something right.

Saturday, August 08, 2009 1:56 PM on j-body.org
quick: oh, i understand how it can be used as a label. but when i say it, ive always used it as "(You) fail."

maybe if gwgt were actually able to follow a coherent train of thought to a logical conclusion, then he would see that, as either a label or a sentence, it was used correctly. but of course we all know he is incapable of that--much less being capable of admitting that he is in the wrong.

Saturday, August 08, 2009 5:47 PM on j-body.org
Greedy Capitalist Pig wrote:^^ Um, you don't think anyone in here is serious, do you? LOL.

It was a joke referring to your sig

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search