And this is who is making us "better"? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: And this is who is making us "better"?
Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:26 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:LOL. "Right-wing" media is telling the truth, not spraying rhetoric 24/7. The mainstream, which is pretty much in the back pocket of Obama, is still trying to hold up his image, and they are the ones who would have crucified Bush for such things, but won't report much at all when their savior does it.

The majority of the news you turn on, whether it's TV, radio, or even most internet news sites, is liberal, and bashed the ever-living sh!t out of Bush for things they have either ignored with Obama, or in some cases even praised him for.
Keep telling yourself that - because you sound exactly like the Liberals who swear that everything on the right wing media is a lie where as the left wing media is the truth!! You believe it just as they do while needing no better reason that your own bias. You're just on the opposite side of the coin.

The right wing media - just like MSNBC - IS spraying rhetoric 24/7. You just accept it as fact since they're essentially telling you that what you already think/suspect is right. If you really believe they are any more on the level that their left equivalents (and sadly I think you do) - I have a wonderful bridge in Alaska to sell you. You don't recognize the rhetoric nor the propaganda as being exactly that BECAUSE YOU WANT IT TO BE TRUE(even the bad news - as long as you are right). This isn't intentional of course and it does not make you stupid by any means - this is how your subconscious does things - its human nature. I don't want to be wrong either - I don't want to think that Obama is just another politician - but as much as my mind might resist, I must face the facts. So do you.

Let me tell you something good. While Obama IS doing things that he should not - the right wing media is in full witch-hunt mode over everything and anything that Obama does/doesn't do/say/think/eat/etc. About 75% of it is pure pettyness and/or stretched/misrepresented/just plain made up BS and maybe 25% of it is real substance(but probably also "spiced up"). The problem being that once your recognize very much the 75% that is BS as being exactly that - you really don't take anything they say (even with that 25% substance) seriously at all(just as you don't trust anything the Liberal side says). Ever heard of the phrase "Muddying the waters?" Because people are used to hearing so much BS about Obama - he can in fact get away with most anything - simply because so many people won't believe any of it anymore. I've got to admit that this has affected even me as well.

Case-in-point... George W. Bush. Where as the Liberals where trying to get him for EVERYTHING(just as you guys ARE now doing to Obama - don't delude yourselves), he was in fact doing a hell of a lot of damage to America. His administrations was extremely arrogant and corrupt - but every time you guys just brushed off every story as just another Liberal smear - and I can't blame you in hindsight. This is the very reason that you guys couldn't see him for what he was(and what he wasn't - aka a real Conservative) until the very end. Personally, I think you guys are GUARANTEEING Obama a 2nd term. History repeats itself when fools refuse to learn from it - and its especially sad when we're talking about recent history.

In any case - perhaps you can now see why almost no one besides Conservatives are bothered by what is going on. With that in mind - I now wonder if Obama provoked and thus elevated Rush Limbaugh's status with this very goal in mind. I wouldn't put it past him, he has shown himself to be a master of political strategy. If the right wanted was less worried about firing up the base and more worried about REALLY holding Obama accountable, you guys need to drop all the WHAAAAARRRBBBBBLLLE GAAAAARRRRBBBBLLLLLE and instead focus on... reality. But I don't intend to hold my breath while I wait for that change to occur - especially not in this forum.

sndsgood wrote:why can't we blame obama on the econemy. everyeone was quick to blame bush for the econemy when he got in office even though the recession was well on his way before he was even sworn in everyone was blaming him. so why can't obama get the blame? is it right, nope, but most people dont seem to really be concerned with what is right or wrong.
Maybe, just maybe... Bush shouldn't have been blamed(for that at least) and neither should Obama for now. But that's just my crazy talk.

sndsgood wrote:as far as bush, sure the fbi and cia report to him but i doubt he sits there everyday and tells them which bad guys to go hunt down or which cardboard box to look under to find them. stopping those guys should fall under the field of the fbi or cia. not the guy in the white house.
That's a whole other large subject that I don't feel like getting into at the moment - for now I'll just say that I apparently disagree with your view of Bush's(or any president's role) in national security matters.

sndsgood wrote:as far as obama keeping busy, i can spend the day punching babies to keep myself busy, but that doesnt mean im making a change for the good.
I think you owe JOEY an apology for that statement. I'll kindly ask you not to belittle his valiant baby punching efforts. I'm referring to one of his old sigs. LOL.

Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:43 AM on j-body.org
I like looking at facts rather than taking a political side. Obama has done not one thing that has impressed me since elected! Im tired of seeing him speak. Im tired of his "joe cool" character. I can't stand him so be honest. FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN AMERICAN HISTORY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAS HIT A 1 TRILLION DOLLAR NEGATIVE! GIVE ME A FUxING BREAK! HE IS BLACK...YEAH! HE MADE HISTORY...YEAH! FUX THAT IDIOT! and for the record.......bush was so last year, lets focus on the new problem at hand.
Thursday, July 23, 2009 6:58 PM on j-body.org
bk3k, you're falling into the same pattern that MRGWGT is when addressing me, and I hate to put you into that category, but in the case of your response to me, it's true. I do not get my information from any media in particular. As a matter of fact, 9 times out of 10 I end up watching the CBS news, because the local station here is the better one. I get more info off of websearching on my own than anything. I listen to various talk radio shows, pretty randomly (for all those who want to believe I'm getting all my info from Rush, I can count on one hand the number of times this month I've listened to his show.). I don't just listen to one side, either. One of my regular shows is a Boston show with Tom Finneran, who is a Democrat, and former Speaker of the House in MA. He is always defending the party, but I listen to get a different perspective, and because he it also pretty middle of the road policy wise.

I researched the sh!t out of Obama during the general election season, and I knew, based on what he did in the past (as little as it was), that he was going to be just as he is. However, people around here who disagreed with me chose to attack me based on someone I sounded like, rather than to listen to what I said and look into it for themselves. This is sadly the case with a large percentage of Americans. They would rather believe what's on the TV than the people questioning it.

I also disagreed with Bush on plenty of things, but the fact is that the media was responsible for a huge portion of the anti-Bush movement, because they popularized the anti-war sentiments, and the bashing coming from the Democrats, who had the same information as he did, and supported the wars when we began them, but went into campaign smearing mode as soon as his approval ratings were soaring.

I don't say what I say about Obama because I just want to see the Republicans win in 2010 and 2012. I say them because he is doing massive damage to the fundamentals of our country, and he is completely ruining our economy. At least in this department, the damage Bush did was far smaller, although he set the stage for what Obama is doing now in many respects. Remember, Obama did more to the national debt in 3 months than Bush did in two terms, and now he's working on more.

The bottom line is that I want actual conservatives, regardless of their party, to get on message, and stand by their principles, then for more of them to get into the congress in 2010. I want our country to get back to what it was started as. The government should be small, and the people should have the control. To quote a line from the movie my sig used to be based on, "people should not be affraid of their government. Government should be affraid of it's people". That is pretty much the principle this country was founded on, and it is why we became the economic superpower that we did, and why no one else could touch us for so long. Where we went wrong is all the ventures to try to fix problems with government over the years, and not learning when they failed to do what they were intended for.

LOL. That went on longer than I intended (as usual), but they were some things that needed to be said. Maybe you don't completely understand where I'm coming from with a lot of my posts because you are assuming a position that I don't have. Hopefully this clarified a little.

Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:41 PM on j-body.org
The problem with conservatism and the whole republican philosophy is that their desire for a small government that does virtually nothing is just that. What they want the federal government to be is detrimental to the longevity of the country as a whole. The people are like children and if you let them run wild, they will not govern themselves. You cannot expect to have no regulation in the marketplace because it sets up the kind of economic failures, horrible inflation and price gouging that you see today. The republican economic view does not work, you cannot simply be hands off on everything and expect things to thrive, its failed miserably everytime a republican has been in office dating back to Nixon.

As far as being truely conservative they fail to do so on many levels. Waving a flag around and quoting or referencing the achievements of others does not accomplish anything. They will sit there and complain about god and fail to realize that 200 year old thinking does not succeed and the forefathers as they so often love to reference made the constitution as a flexible document and that from time to time, changes need to made to ensure the government remains effective in addressing the needs of its people. How long has it been since the last amendment to the constitution? Theres only been one in nearly the past 40 years and that had to do with congressional pay raises in 1992, hardly something that affects everyone. The way of life has changed more in the past 40 years than at any other point in human history. Our goverment and laws need to change along with it.

What are the real issues facing this country right now and things that have been thrown around for the past 20 some years with no real decision?
Gay Marriage - make a decision one way or the other, its not going to go away

Abortion - either it is or it isnt, or leave it up to the states and stay out of it all together

Immigration/ Border security - Weak borders not only cost US taxpayers money and jobs it also is a gateway for true terrorists

Official Language - This needs to be addressed and quickly because its completely absurd that as a citizen living here for nearly 30 years that I should have to be tolerant or learn Spanish. @!#$ YOU speak english. This whole god damn force feeding of Spanish on everyone is bull@!#$. My grandmother came to this country during WW2, she learned the language, she didnt speak to everyone in german. Theres actually people who are born here and have been living here for 20 some years and can't speak English. Its fine that its your heritage and all but this isnt Mexico. We speak english here. This is also the fault of everyone who doesn't have a firm stance on this, the @!#$s in corporate America going and making all these multi language signs for everything. Failing to have a official language kinda divides rather than makes for a "united" states.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:52 PM

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, July 24, 2009 4:48 AM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:
Quiklilcav wrote:LOL. "Right-wing" media is telling the truth, not spraying rhetoric 24/7. The mainstream, which is pretty much in the back pocket of Obama, is still trying to hold up his image, and they are the ones who would have crucified Bush for such things, but won't report much at all when their savior does it.

The majority of the news you turn on, whether it's TV, radio, or even most internet news sites, is liberal, and bashed the ever-living sh!t out of Bush for things they have either ignored with Obama, or in some cases even praised him for.
Keep telling yourself that - because you sound exactly like the Liberals who swear that everything on the right wing media is a lie where as the left wing media is the truth!! You believe it just as they do while needing no better reason that your own bias. You're just on the opposite side of the coin.

The right wing media - just like MSNBC - IS spraying rhetoric 24/7. You just accept it as fact since they're essentially telling you that what you already think/suspect is right. If you really believe they are any more on the level that their left equivalents (and sadly I think you do) - I have a wonderful bridge in Alaska to sell you. You don't recognize the rhetoric nor the propaganda as being exactly that BECAUSE YOU WANT IT TO BE TRUE(even the bad news - as long as you are right). This isn't intentional of course and it does not make you stupid by any means - this is how your subconscious does things - its human nature. I don't want to be wrong either - I don't want to think that Obama is just another politician - but as much as my mind might resist, I must face the facts. So do you.

Let me tell you something good. While Obama IS doing things that he should not - the right wing media is in full witch-hunt mode over everything and anything that Obama does/doesn't do/say/think/eat/etc. About 75% of it is pure pettyness and/or stretched/misrepresented/just plain made up BS and maybe 25% of it is real substance(but probably also "spiced up"). The problem being that once your recognize very much the 75% that is BS as being exactly that - you really don't take anything they say (even with that 25% substance) seriously at all(just as you don't trust anything the Liberal side says). Ever heard of the phrase "Muddying the waters?" Because people are used to hearing so much BS about Obama - he can in fact get away with most anything - simply because so many people won't believe any of it anymore. I've got to admit that this has affected even me as well.

Case-in-point... George W. Bush. Where as the Liberals where trying to get him for EVERYTHING(just as you guys ARE now doing to Obama - don't delude yourselves), he was in fact doing a hell of a lot of damage to America. His administrations was extremely arrogant and corrupt - but every time you guys just brushed off every story as just another Liberal smear - and I can't blame you in hindsight. This is the very reason that you guys couldn't see him for what he was(and what he wasn't - aka a real Conservative) until the very end. Personally, I think you guys are GUARANTEEING Obama a 2nd term. History repeats itself when fools refuse to learn from it - and its especially sad when we're talking about recent history.

In any case - perhaps you can now see why almost no one besides Conservatives are bothered by what is going on. With that in mind - I now wonder if Obama provoked and thus elevated Rush Limbaugh's status with this very goal in mind. I wouldn't put it past him, he has shown himself to be a master of political strategy. If the right wanted was less worried about firing up the base and more worried about REALLY holding Obama accountable, you guys need to drop all the WHAAAAARRRBBBBBLLLE GAAAAARRRRBBBBLLLLLE and instead focus on... reality. But I don't intend to hold my breath while I wait for that change to occur - especially not in this forum.

sndsgood wrote:why can't we blame obama on the econemy. everyeone was quick to blame bush for the econemy when he got in office even though the recession was well on his way before he was even sworn in everyone was blaming him. so why can't obama get the blame? is it right, nope, but most people dont seem to really be concerned with what is right or wrong.
Maybe, just maybe... Bush shouldn't have been blamed(for that at least) and neither should Obama for now. But that's just my crazy talk.

sndsgood wrote:as far as bush, sure the fbi and cia report to him but i doubt he sits there everyday and tells them which bad guys to go hunt down or which cardboard box to look under to find them. stopping those guys should fall under the field of the fbi or cia. not the guy in the white house.
That's a whole other large subject that I don't feel like getting into at the moment - for now I'll just say that I apparently disagree with your view of Bush's(or any president's role) in national security matters.

sndsgood wrote:as far as obama keeping busy, i can spend the day punching babies to keep myself busy, but that doesnt mean im making a change for the good.
I think you owe JOEY an apology for that statement. I'll kindly ask you not to belittle his valiant baby punching efforts. I'm referring to one of his old sigs. LOL.

i agree bush nor obama should be blamed. my responce was somewhat tounge in cheek, the whole whats good for the goose is good for the gander remarks.

as for the view of bush's view on national security you'd have to ask him on that. me personally i feel that the president is in charge yes. but that doesnt mean he is responsible to do everything. its like my company. our president runs and owns our company. he is our president, but when he tries to go back to the warehouse and make changes he ends up making things worse. you need to leave the people who know national security take care of national security. if they arn't doing their job, then fire them and get someone else. but the truth is, if someone wants to kill allot of people in our country it can be done and no matter how many people we have or how much money we throw at it, some are going to be sucsessful

i think joey would have been proud of of my baby punching remark,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search