Two Terroism attacks in one month here? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Two Terroism attacks in one month here?
Thursday, June 11, 2009 10:57 AM on j-body.org
Abortion doctor killed.
http://news.aol.com/article/abortion-doctor-killed/505406
Scott Roeder

Holocaust Museum attack.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090611/pl_afp/usshootingcrimeholocaust
James Von Brunn

These were terrorist acts, so where is Dick Cheney speaking out? No water boarding? No pulling of nails or torture to these people and their affiliates? Does one has to be Middle-Eastern Muslim to received the special treatment? How come nobody is is labeling these Anglo-Saxon Christian "terrorists?"
Double standard is a big no-no. What do you say?

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: Two Terroism attacks in one month here?
Thursday, June 11, 2009 3:54 PM on j-body.org
I see how its like the towers.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Thursday, June 11, 2009 4:28 PM on j-body.org
No mention of the Muslim convert killing Private William Long, though.

Someone kills a late-term abortionist, who advocates the killing of born-alive infants, and it's all over the news about the murderer being "right-wing", and part of the hatred fueled by concervatives, but the media barely acknowledges when a young man who decided to fight for our country gets gunned down for no other reason than he represents the US.

As for Von Brunn, he's hardly right-wing, as the MSMs are trying to portray him. He has been known to be a Bush hater, and a 9/11 conspiracy theorist. He's also a known disturbed paranoid freak since the 80's, when he tried to kidnap employees of the Federal Reserve.

Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:01 PM on j-body.org
Scott Roeder, James Von Brunn, and Abdulhakim Muhammad should all be put against a wall and shot immediately. They are all guilty as sin. Why waste good money trying these bad men? I don't give a rat's ass about their "rights". As far as I'm concerned they gave up any and all rights when they stole their victims rights. Domestic terrorists are scum and they all should be executed. I firmly believe in the right to protest our government but taking up arms against and killing American citizens should be a capital crime with swift and final consequences.

“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Thursday, June 11, 2009 11:42 PM on j-body.org
They are all guilty and should get capital punishment.

With that said, if there is a hell, Tiller is burning in it.

Friday, June 12, 2009 12:55 AM on j-body.org
OK..... I didnt actually read it but let me quess...

These 2 guys did something that they should rot in hell for.... but......

they wherent terrorists attacks unless you use the term very loosley....

am I right?

Friday, June 12, 2009 4:59 AM on j-body.org
dont even know where to go on this one. do you really believe what you posted, or are you just trying to start something, this seems more like a scott white post then anything ive seen from you lately goodwrench

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, June 12, 2009 7:07 AM on j-body.org
it's comical how you and the MSM's are trying to label this guy as a right wing nut.

Fact: white supremesists/nazis are more in-line with the left and fascism.

moral of the story, you suck.

Friday, June 12, 2009 10:38 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:I see how its like the towers.

Chris

No not as dramatic, but same concept.

Quiklilcav wrote:No mention of the Muslim convert killing Private William Long, though.

Someone kills a late-term abortionist, who advocates the killing of born-alive infants, and it's all over the news about the murderer being "right-wing", and part of the hatred fueled by concervatives, but the media barely acknowledges when a young man who decided to fight for our country gets gunned down for no other reason than he represents the US.

As for Von Brunn, he's hardly right-wing, as the MSMs are trying to portray him. He has been known to be a Bush hater, and a 9/11 conspiracy theorist. He's also a known disturbed paranoid freak since the 80's, when he tried to kidnap employees of the Federal Reserve.

Not even about right vs. left here. But by the way you're defending these people (says alot about you), I'm surprised you're not working for Johnnie Cochran law firm group. What's next, defend Ted Bundy?

BigBob wrote:Scott Roeder, James Von Brunn, and Abdulhakim Muhammad should all be put against a wall and shot immediately. They are all guilty as sin. Why waste good money trying these bad men? I don't give a rat's ass about their "rights". As far as I'm concerned they gave up any and all rights when they stole their victims rights. Domestic terrorists are scum and they all should be executed. I firmly believe in the right to protest our government but taking up arms against and killing American citizens should be a capital crime with swift and final consequences.

Bingo.

SunfireN2o wrote:They are all guilty and should get capital punishment.

With that said, if there is a hell, Tiller is burning in it.

Bingo again.

Weebel wrote:OK..... I didnt actually read it but let me quess...

These 2 guys did something that they should rot in hell for.... but......

they wherent terrorists attacks unless you use the term very loosley....

am I right?

Yes, and (some) Politicians with the help of (certain) media only portray "terrorist" to be only Middle-Eastern Muslim, when clearly what these two did, by definition were terrorist act, yet outrage was miniscule.

sndsgood wrote:dont even know where to go on this one. do you really believe what you posted, or are you just trying to start something, this seems more like a scott white post then anything ive seen from you lately goodwrench

Look up the word Terrorism, terrorist, or anything related and read the links and then tell me these are not coralated. Just putting it in perspective and how there is a double standard.

J03Y wrote:it's comical how you and the MSM's are trying to label this guy as a right wing nut.

Wait, is AOL and Yahoo MSN now? Or in order for it to be legit it has to come from FOX for you? Sorry, but I don't have cable to watch that program. But seriously if you EVER read about these two, one had a vendetta with abortion doctors, where do you think that stems from? Also before you go shooting your mouth... err..fingers, learn what the other guy was about:
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=7816372

Friday, June 12, 2009 10:59 AM on j-body.org
"But seriously if you EVER read about these two, one had a vendetta with abortion doctors, where do you think that stems from?"

That does not mean they are a "right winger".

Friday, June 12, 2009 11:14 AM on j-body.org

He already said it isnt about being right or left. And its not. He is simply stating.

These are terrorist acts.

Because the are AMERICAN they do not get the treatment the say, Muslim terrorists would.

No one gives a @!#$ about their political alignment. That has nothing to do with what they have done.

Friday, June 12, 2009 11:55 AM on j-body.org
copied and pasted from various locations. most of them when i look at them dont really term these two guys as terrorists unless your just painting with a very very broad paintbrush.

The Department of Defense Dictionary of Military Terms defines terrorism as:
The calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological.

League of Nations Convention Definition of Terrorism, 1937
Ethnic separatist violence in the 1930s provoked the League of Nations, formed after World War I to encourage world stability and peace, to define terrorism for the first time, as:
All criminal acts directed against a State and intended or calculated to create a state of terror in the minds of particular persons or a group of persons or the general public.

Definition of Terrorism under U.S. Law
United States Law Code – the law that governs the entire country – contains a definition of terrorism embedded in its requirement that Annual Country reports on Terrorism be submitted by the Secretary of State to Congress every year. (From U.S. Code Title 22, Ch.38, Para. 2656f(d)
(d) Definitions
As used in this section—
(1) the term “international terrorism” means terrorism involving citizens or the territory of more than 1 country;
(2) the term “terrorism” means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents;
(3) the term “terrorist group” means any group, or which has significant subgroups which practice, international terrorism;
(4) the terms “territory” and “territory of the country” mean the land, waters, and airspace of the country; and
(5) the terms “terrorist sanctuary” and “sanctuary” mean an area in the territory of the country—
(A) that is used by a terrorist or terrorist organization—
(i) to carry out terrorist activities, including training, fundraising, financing, and recruitment; or
(ii) as a transit point; and
(B) the government of which expressly consents to, or with knowledge, allows, tolerates, or disregards such use of its territory and is not subject to a determination under—
(i) section 2405(j)(1)(A) of the Appendix to title 50;
(ii) section 2371 (a) of this title; or
(iii) section 2780 (d) of this title.

FBI Definition of Terrorism
The FBI defines terrorism as:
The unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a Government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, June 12, 2009 3:44 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
Quiklilcav wrote:No mention of the Muslim convert killing Private William Long, though.

Not even about right vs. left here. But by the way you're defending these people (says alot about you), I'm surprised you're not working for Johnnie Cochran law firm group. What's next, defend Ted Bundy?

Apparently that was another point that was to complex for you to understand.

I did not defend them, I pointed out how both you and the MSMs are all over these two, because they are trying to tie them to the "right-wing", but have all but ignored the American Muslim convert who gunned down William Long 10 days ago. The point was that you are trying to come up with a double standard, when the double standard is on the left, not the right.

Does Cheney come out and speak about every terrorist who commits an act? No, but he made a statement regarding the irresponsibility of the actions of the Obama administration regarding the enhanced interrogation techniques. So you are now trying to spin this and say "why aren't they waterbording these guys, or speaking out about them?" when it's far from the point. They interrogate terrorists who they know through various other sources of intelligence gathering to be part of a terrorist cell, for the sole purpose of finding and stopping the others. They do not just capture or arrest people and immediately start torturing them, as the left would have everyone believe.

Nice attempt at smearing the Republicans on this, but it was a failed attempt at best. If the past two weeks expose anything, it's the liberal media's bias toward reporting anything they can convince people is because of the "right-wing" movement. Also, it's telling that the Obama administration didn't even acknowledge the slain member of the millitary for 3 days, but were morning the loss of Tiller immediately (he was one of them).

Friday, June 12, 2009 4:07 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

2) the term “terrorism” means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents;

Same thing I learned in Anti Terrorism Class's....

All I'll get in to is this.

Water Boarding, or what not, is used to find information.
For instance, I would have no problem doing it to IRA people.

If you REALLY think your going to get Viable Info from them, go for it.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Friday, June 12, 2009 4:45 PM on j-body.org
BigBob wrote:Scott Roeder, James Von Brunn, and Abdulhakim Muhammad should all be put against a wall and shot immediately. They are all guilty as sin. Why waste good money trying these bad men? I don't give a rat's ass about their "rights". As far as I'm concerned they gave up any and all rights when they stole their victims rights. Domestic terrorists are scum and they all should be executed. I firmly believe in the right to protest our government but taking up arms against and killing American citizens should be a capital crime with swift and final consequences.

x2

end of the @!#$ story. if i was in charge, none of this bull@!#$ would be tolerated.

Saturday, June 13, 2009 12:16 AM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:it's comical how you and the MSM's are trying to label this guy as a right wing nut.

Interesting... because I've known ALOT of racist growing up - the kinda people who will tell you how Hitler was smeared to look bad etc(hey - I was raised in Pekin, IL LOL) - and haven't met ONE of them that was left leaning... quite the opposite actually. Plus you are mixing things up on the political scale - on the far left is Communism and on the far right is Fascism.

But as for that point - even if this guy where in fact a right wing nut - that does NOT make all right wing people nuts and certainly does NOT mean that they are pre-disposed to this kinda behavior based on their political affiliation. No doubt the left would like to paint them as such none-the-less. By the same token - eco-terrorists(being left wing nuts as they where) do not make all lefties like them. Its the same concept.

Nut cases are nut cases - their political leanings are not relevant.

Saturday, June 13, 2009 12:26 AM on j-body.org
oops - double post. I meant to combine the two.

SunfireN2o wrote:With that said, if there is a hell, Tiller is burning in it.
Doubtful at best - abortion is absolutely not prohibited in the Bible - neither directly nor indirectly. There are hundreds of commands - and yet nothing on abortion. I don't think all powerful, all knowing God "forgot" to include this provision, nor somehow just "didn't foresee" this happening(it even happened to a degree in those days - and again... all knowing God). Old Testament Hebrew law even specifically separates killing the unborn from actual murder. The former resulting in a fine(maybe a cow and 3 chicken - for example) to her husband(apparently no punishment if her husband was the one who did it) and "eye-for an eye" (aka death) for the later. That is pretty clear.

No one has ever been able to argue this point against me by using actual scripture...

Tiller was also killed in the middle of his Church services - and no, there is no contradiction. Anti abortion views may be common among Christians, but this is in fact an external (aka Secular) belief. So chances are - if there is a Heaven, expect to see Tiller there (assuming you make it there yourself).

Saturday, June 13, 2009 6:27 AM on j-body.org
Growing up in south eastern WI, in the Corps, southern GA, I have never meet an honest to God Raciest.

Two opposite ends of a circle are close to each other...

Chris

Saturday, June 13, 2009 9:28 AM on j-body.org
CASSELL wrote:

He already said it isnt about being right or left. And its not. He is simply stating.

These are terrorist acts.

Because the are AMERICAN they do not get the treatment the say, Muslim terrorists would.

No one gives a @!#$ about their political alignment. That has nothing to do with what they have done.

Yes & this in a nutshell.

sndsgood wrote:copied and pasted from various locations. most of them when i look at them dont really term these two guys as terrorists unless your just painting with a very very broad paintbrush.

The Department of Defense Dictionary of Military Terms defines terrorism as:
The calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological.

League of Nations Convention Definition of Terrorism, 1937
Ethnic separatist violence in the 1930s provoked the League of Nations, formed after World War I to encourage world stability and peace, to define terrorism for the first time, as:
All criminal acts directed against a State and intended or calculated to create a state of terror in the minds of particular persons or a group of persons or the general public.

Definition of Terrorism under U.S. Law
United States Law Code – the law that governs the entire country – contains a definition of terrorism embedded in its requirement that Annual Country reports on Terrorism be submitted by the Secretary of State to Congress every year. (From U.S. Code Title 22, Ch.38, Para. 2656f(d)
(d) Definitions
As used in this section—
(1) the term “international terrorism” means terrorism involving citizens or the territory of more than 1 country;
(2) the term “terrorism” means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents;
(3) the term “terrorist group” means any group, or which has significant subgroups which practice, international terrorism;
(4) the terms “territory” and “territory of the country” mean the land, waters, and airspace of the country; and
(5) the terms “terrorist sanctuary” and “sanctuary” mean an area in the territory of the country—
(A) that is used by a terrorist or terrorist organization—
(i) to carry out terrorist activities, including training, fundraising, financing, and recruitment; or
(ii) as a transit point; and
(B) the government of which expressly consents to, or with knowledge, allows, tolerates, or disregards such use of its territory and is not subject to a determination under—
(i) section 2405(j)(1)(A) of the Appendix to title 50;
(ii) section 2371 (a) of this title; or
(iii) section 2780 (d) of this title.

FBI Definition of Terrorism
The FBI defines terrorism as:
The unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a Government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

This is exactly what these two did or have a affiliation too.
If you can't see this, then consider me surprised for the lack-of connecting the two coming from you.

Quiklilcav wrote:I did not defend them, I pointed out how both you and the MSMs are all over these two, because they are trying to tie them to the "right-wing", but have all but ignored the American Muslim convert who gunned down William Long 10 days ago. The point was that you are trying to come up with a double standard, when the double standard is on the left, not the right.

Does Cheney come out and speak about every terrorist who commits an act? No, but he made a statement regarding the irresponsibility of the actions of the Obama administration regarding the enhanced interrogation techniques. So you are now trying to spin this and say "why aren't they waterbording these guys, or speaking out about them?" when it's far from the point. They interrogate terrorists who they know through various other sources of intelligence gathering to be part of a terrorist cell, for the sole purpose of finding and stopping the others. They do not just capture or arrest people and immediately start torturing them, as the left would have everyone believe.

Nice attempt at smearing the Republicans on this, but it was a failed attempt at best. If the past two weeks expose anything, it's the liberal media's bias toward reporting anything they can convince people is because of the "right-wing" movement. Also, it's telling that the Obama administration didn't even acknowledge the slain member of the millitary for 3 days, but were morning the loss of Tiller immediately (he was one of them).

Right. (No pun intended)
Next.

Taetsch Z-24 wrote:
Quote:

2) the term “terrorism” means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents;

Same thing I learned in Anti Terrorism Class's....

All I'll get in to is this.

Water Boarding, or what not, is used to find information.
For instance, I would have no problem doing it to IRA people.

If you REALLY think your going to get Viable Info from them, go for it.

That's the thing, get info. Here they are with the same objective as some Muslim extremest radicals, but doing terrorist acts.
If you were to tell me that the abortionist doctor took, or did something personal to Scott Roeder then this would not be an issue, but Roeder's fundamentals is what drove this man to do what he did.
The other attacking a Jewish museum is no different then when a radical Muslim attacks a Jewish school. Von Brunn issue was not personal with the guard that died, the issue was with the establishment.
There is no difference in objective, except the the sheer fact one uses guns and the other uses home-made bombs to their damage.

So I ask being that there are thousand or even millions around that are the same as Roeder and Von Brunn, why don't we do the same interrogations as we do Muslim radicals? Do you see it now or will you still defend the lack-of tactical work?

Saturday, June 13, 2009 9:52 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
....being that there are thousand or even millions around that are the same as Roeder and Von Brunn, why don't we do the same interrogations as we do Muslim radicals?

x eleventy billions

“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Saturday, June 13, 2009 3:24 PM on j-body.org
probalby because he acted alone, probalby because hes not part of an internation organisastion that put him up to it. we can go on and on here.and you also just assuming he isn't being interrogated.

maybe its just me but there seems to be WORLDS of diffrence between a group of people capturered who are figthing our soilders and one single guy acting alone. maybe im just not smart enough to connect the dots of one lone act versus a group attacking us.

crap a black guy got shot last night in indy. if it was a white guy who shot him it must be racist so he must be part of some secret terrorist society sending out attackers one by one. i better get the white house on this.

Saturday, June 13, 2009 9:43 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Suspect's Son Sorry It Was Guard At Museum, Not Dad, Who Died

By Bill Turque
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, June 14, 2009

The son of James W. von Brunn says that he wishes it had been his father, not U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum guard Stephen T. Johns, who died in Wednesday's shooting and that von Brunn's hatred of Jews was a plague that ruined his family's life.

"I cannot express enough how deeply sorry I am it was Mr. Johns, and not my father who lost their life yesterday [Wednesday]," Erik von Brunn, 32, says in a written statement to ABC News. "It was unjustified and unfair that he died, and while my condolences could never begin to offer appeasement, they, along with my remorse is all I have to give."

James von Brunn, a white supremacist, has been charged with killing Johns and remains hospitalized with gunshot wounds to the face from two other museum guards who returned fire after Johns fell.

In his statement to ABC and a phone interview with The Washington Post yesterday, von Brunn said his father's bigotry was a shadow over his life. He said in the interview that he was too young to know his father when James von Brunn went to prison for 6 1/2 years for attempting to kidnap members of the Federal Reserve Board at its District headquarters in December 1981. Erik von Brunn, now 32, was nearly 11 when his father was released.

"Even from that moment, he still had those beliefs," said von Brunn, reached by phone at his mother's home in Homosassa, Fla., about an hour north of Tampa. "It was always a part of our life." Erik von Brunn is an aspiring teacher and science fiction writer who recently graduated from the University of Maryland.

He said he had a decent relationship with his father, "in comparison with other families that I know." Although the elder von Brunn never insisted that his son share his views, Erik von Brunn said, his father was disappointed when he did not.

Erik von Brunn declined to say when he last spoke with his father or whether they were estranged. Still, he said, he never imagined that his father's rage would consume him to the point that he might take another life.

"I never had any inclination to think that. The man is 88 years old. I never would have thought he could do this," he said. "It really hasn't sunk in yet. It's a shock."

In the statement, von Brunn directly addresses white supremacists. "For the extremists who believe my father is a hero: it is imperative you understand what he did was an act of cowardice," he writes. "His actions have undermined your 'movement,' and strengthened the resistance against your cause. He should not be remembered as a brave man or a hero, but a coward unable to come to grips with the fact he threw his and his families lives away for an ideology that fostered sadness and anguish."

Larger-than-usual crowds have been visiting the museum since the incident, officials said. A little more than 8,573 people visited Friday, surpassing the June daily average of 7,320.

Yesterday also was busy, with lines out the door and thousands coming to visit. Sara Bloomfield, the museum's director, said one tour guide hugged her and told her, "Our hearts go out to you."

"People are not going to be deterred," Bloomfield said. "Some came out of defiance. Some came in tribute to Officer Johns. Some came for an important educational experience. The public is really coming back in full force."

Three memorial funds have been set up for the Johns family -- by the museum, his security company, Wackenhut, and the American Jewish Committee.

Saturday, June 13, 2009 11:30 PM on j-body.org
I just hope they arrest people for terrorism that are actually terrorists in the future...

Someday civil rights activists will be arrested as terrorists..... I'm afraid for that day..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search