Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Sunday, May 10, 2009 4:12 PM on j-body.org
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:
Quote:

The handbook for the 84-student Christian school says rock music "is part of the counterculture which seeks to implant seeds of rebellion in young people's hearts and minds."

rebellion is a bad thig? rebellion freed the slaves. rebellion gave women the right to vote. most importantly...

REBELLION FOUNDED THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

RAmen.

The last one, true, but it was not Rebellion that freed the slaves, nor gave females the right to vote.
That was voted on by the government, that was brought to being by the rebellion, so i guess, indirectly your statement is correct.

I wold love for all of you to look at your money, and please remember it was that "Rebellion" that put the " In GOD we Trust" on it.

More over, If anyone would like to come get shot at with me, I would LOVE to see who you pray too when there's not @!#$ you can do about not getting killed by incoming fire.

Not once, (READ NEVER) have I meet someone that was in combat that was not religious,

Back to the subject.

If you don't like it, don't go.

Simple right?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, May 10, 2009 5:13 PM on j-body.org
I guess that about sums it up.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Sunday, May 10, 2009 5:45 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Back to the subject.

If you don't like it, don't go.

Simple right?

No, it's not. He's a minor. Mommy & Daddy sentenced, oops, sent him there. Refusing to allow him to finish his schooling because he goes to another school's prom is as absurd and archaic as expelling a white girl for dating a black guy.

“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Sunday, May 10, 2009 6:34 PM on j-body.org
Then I guess he can own up, as an American, and do what he wants, and be willing to accept the consequences for his actions.

once more, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T GO

Simple RIGHT?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, May 10, 2009 8:05 PM on j-body.org
BigBob, you are uninformed. That kid's compliance was required. A friend of mine from college now works at a private school here in michigan. He is on top of this story as well, and he said that school, as well as the one he works at, have private interviews with each student 7th grade and up. The principal/ or pastor interviews each prospective student. They ask them if they really want to be there, or if they are being coerced. If the parents are forcing it on them, he'll be allowed an out if the pastor believes the kid will be a problem.

And this is a moot point anyway. Parents have the legal right to send their kids to whatever school they prefer. Parents can control (mostly) diet, friends, music, t.v. privileges etc.
Anyone here ever been grounded? Lost driving privileges. C'mon. Too bad for little Johnny.

Bring on the CLA and watch the pending lawsuit fizzle and die.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Monday, May 11, 2009 7:03 AM on j-body.org
LOL.... look at the eyes on the principal. Scary.....

Seriously, how can anyone defend these idiots? This is the 21st century not the 16th. The poor kid is lucky they didn't burn him at the stake.

“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Monday, May 11, 2009 8:47 AM on j-body.org
BigBob wrote:Seriously, how can anyone defend these idiots? This is the 21st century not the 16th. The poor kid is lucky they didn't burn him at the stake.

Their school, their rules. Don't like the rules, don't go there. Pretty simple.

Monday, May 11, 2009 9:12 AM on j-body.org
FYI. Everyone I know that's seen the ish, and been shot at, doesn't talk about it like that. It's not something to brag about; it's not something to prove a point with, it's not something that should matter back here. Saint died over there, and he never once before that ever needed to bring up that nightmare to validate his arguments. Stop it--it just proves that you've never seen the real game and annoys those of us who have.

Further:

Religion caused the holocaust, the crusades, a whole boatload of genocides, 2 world wars, swine flue, the mcrib going away, etc.

And finally:

hail satan my dark lord and master.

Monday, May 11, 2009 9:19 AM on j-body.org
lol @ the mcrib going away

Monday, May 11, 2009 9:27 AM on j-body.org
KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:FYI. Everyone I know that's seen the ish, and been shot at, doesn't talk about it like that. It's not something to brag about; it's not something to prove a point with, it's not something that should matter back here. Saint died over there, and he never once before that ever needed to bring up that nightmare to validate his arguments. Stop it--it just proves that you've never seen the real game and annoys those of us who have.

FTW.

We get it Chris, you're in the military. You need not remind us in EVERY GODDAMN THREAD.

Monday, May 11, 2009 12:59 PM on j-body.org
ThatGuy85 wrote:
KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:FYI. Everyone I know that's seen the ish, and been shot at, doesn't talk about it like that. It's not something to brag about; it's not something to prove a point with, it's not something that should matter back here. Saint died over there, and he never once before that ever needed to bring up that nightmare to validate his arguments. Stop it--it just proves that you've never seen the real game and annoys those of us who have.

FTW.

We get it Chris, you're in the military. You need not remind us in EVERY GODDAMN THREAD.

It is the only thing he has to validate himself, pretty sad isn't it.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Monday, May 11, 2009 5:01 PM on j-body.org
Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:
ThatGuy85 wrote:

FTW.

How the hell is using one's personal experiances in conversations seeking validation?

Monday, May 11, 2009 6:45 PM on j-body.org
ThatGuy85 wrote:

FTW.

as of 25 years of age, I think I'm doing OK...

What have you done?

Kevin, I respect how you feel, and ya incoming dose suck, but I did feel the need to express how I have seen it play out.

once more, back on topic.
LOL ya right.

Chris

Monday, May 11, 2009 7:06 PM on j-body.org
I'm not saying you haven't done your part to protect this country. I have friends in the Air Force, Army, and Navy, and have nothing but respect for what you guys do. But none of my friends turn every conversation or argument into "I'm in the military therefore your argument is null because I am better than you" more than you do.

Monday, May 11, 2009 8:05 PM on j-body.org
Just putting perspective on things for you all.

Call it what you will.

Chris

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 2:50 AM on j-body.org
ThatGuy85 wrote:

FTW.

No, sad is when every one of your posts is becoming nothing more than a lame comment to insult or attack someone instead of arguing a point. You're joining the ranks of Rodimus in that category.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 5:52 AM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:Here's the link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090508/ap_on_re_us/us_school_dance_flap

Oh, yes, I know this is yet another reason why you think organized religion sucks. Have a nice day, and when your mom dies next year, call your mechanic to do the funeral.

my problem with religion personally is you scott. sorry but when you MAKE a post talking about when someoenes mom dies go call a mechanic and that "this is the reason you think organised relgions sucks". its simple to imply that your just trying to start an argument. and wanting to fight. its pretty much why organized religion to me is a joke. your just trying to fight people to prove your beleifs. its like you think god will love you more because you attack those that dont believe what you do.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:35 AM on j-body.org
Wait a minute, wasn't Christianity a "rebellion" from Jewish theology? Didn't Moses defy the Pharoah? Didn't Jesus defy the Romans?

Now granted, this kid and his parents knew the rules, and sent him to that school full of nutjobs anyway, and so for that, I really can't have any sympathy... But the school's argument is holy ridiculous to begin with. Didn't Jesus himself have to suffer through temptation? God doesn't reward hiding in a corner and avoiding all temptation. He rewards those who, when tempted, have the strength and faith to deny those sinful urges, does he not? So frankly, even if you are a faithful Christian, I fail to see how anyone can defend these nitwits.

PS- Everything I know about debating religious theologies I learned from being a practicing Wiccan dating a born again Christian... So if you're going to debate, come prepared.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:58 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

FINDLAY -- "Footloose" in Findlay.

A senior at Heritage Christian School has been suspended. He was kicked out of school days before graduation.

Tyler Frost was suspended for breaking school guidelines.

But he told NBC24, he just wanted to go to prom.

"It was fun," said Tyler.

And worth the trouble, he said.

"I didn't do anything that I regret," said Tyler. "I didn't make any stupid decisions or anything."

Tyler has gotten a lot of support from teens at the public school (Findlay High School) where he attended prom with his girlfriend.

They agree he made the right decision and did not deserve suspension.

"I think it's stupid," said Greg Lockmiller.

"I think it's stupid. It's called responsibility. It's what you do with yourself on your own time," said Sophia Bruce.

"I think it's a little ridiculous. It's a school function and there were chaperones so it's not like people were going buck wild and partying," said Andrew Miles.

"I think it's really old-school. They're just trying to have the kids grow up way too fast," said Gage Schlievert.

"I just think it's wrong. People were just having fun and weren't really doing anything bad," said Brooke Keller.

The principal of Heritage Christian refused to talk to NBC24 Monday.

But in a statement on the school's website he did say that he stands by the school's decision and that doing so has given them opportunities to share the gospel.

The principal at Findlay did talk.

"This was my 21st prom," said Principal Craig Kupferberg. "I personally don't feel that it's immoral to dance or to listen to rock music. But I do respect them as a private, religious school and organization to hold those values and to keep their faith."

And that is how Tyler feels.

He does not believe he broke school rules or compromised his faith.

"I haven't seen in that handbook anywhere where it tells me on the weekends or in my own personal time that I need to follow those rules and I agreed to the handbook and I still agree with it during school," said Tyler.

And he would do it all again if he had the choice.

"It's a once in a lifetime chance and I just don't want to look back and say I wish I would have went, I wish I would have stood up for what I thought was right. I'm just glad that I decided to go," said Tyler.

While Tyler is not welcome at Heritage Christian's graduation, he says he might be able to walk with seniors at another school.

Tyler's younger brother will be enrolling in a public school for kindergarten next year. His family says, for a variety of reasons.

Regardless if we side with the school or the boy, can we all agree that Tyler is a mature young man with a bright future ahead of him?

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:52 AM on j-body.org
I agree. Especially if he did the proper research and found that the rulebook did not prohibit this action, I'd say he does have a bright future in front of him.

Also, the part about his younger brother is pretty amusing.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:13 AM on j-body.org
Organized religion sucks and when my mom dies I'm calling Scott's mom giggity giggity goo.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:32 AM on j-body.org
Wow ScottAssWhipe, trying to drag down IQ of the all the J-body.org members all by yourself . Some of your posts are the most retarded and hilarious at the same time.
Here are some more news links:
Prom Rebel
Love how his stepfather just walks off in the middle of the interview LOL
Footloose in Ohio
Local DJ Protests in front of school
NBC affiliates stories about the 'Prom Rebel'
Toledo Blade article
and just for fairness
Heritage Christian School
If it's in the handbook that he had to abide by those archaic rules 24/7 off of school property then I side with the school since he and his parents were stupid enough to sign the papers however suspending him just for going to a prom is insane. He should have just not told his principal he was going. Outside of the school he's his parents responsibility not theirs. Doesn't the bible say Honor thy mother and father yet this principal says the kids have to abide by his rules instead of the parents.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:29 AM on j-body.org
Sndsgood, you are a master bender of words aren'tcha?

1) Btw, if I'm the reason you have a problem with organized religion, then your problem is actually with me, not the concept. It would be like me having a problem with automobiles because of the crappy seats in the Nissan Versa.

2) This Post is Titled "Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom", and includes at comment to those who hate "organized religion", that when their mother dies, they can call their mechanic to do the funeral, instead of a pastor/priest. I don't think "organized religion sucks". Others make it a practice of adding that tagline to many of their posts, so it was my default preemptive comment for the inevitable.

3) "sniff....you're just trying to fight people to prove your beliefs....sniff" Well, buddy, this isn't the "Let's Give Everyone a Footrub" forum. Its a controversial issue, hence the resulting arguments. Might I interest you in a world where there is no religion, no hell below us, above us only sky? A place where those with opinions/beliefs differing from your own, remain quiet, and if they do speak up, back down meekly in the face of your vastly superior intellect? I'm sorry Dave, but I'm afraid I can't do that.

Now, I woke up this morning with other things on my mind than addressing some mental-Lilliputinish attack on myself, but I finished the dishes, cleaned the shower + toilet, and was "hey, what the heck, what's one more thing to scrape or wipe?"

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 11:23 AM on j-body.org
"Frost's stepfather Stephan Johnson said the school's rules should not apply outside the classroom."

This accurately sums up my opinion on the matter

----------
2000 Cavalier Coupe, 138k miles, 2.2 Auto, Silver (alive)
1999 Cavalier Sedan, 237k miles, 2.2 Auto, White (dead)
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 1:49 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:Sndsgood, you are a master bender of words aren'tcha?

1) Btw, if I'm the reason you have a problem with organized religion, then your problem is actually with me, not the concept. It would be like me having a problem with automobiles because of the crappy seats in the Nissan Versa.

2) This Post is Titled "Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom", and includes at comment to those who hate "organized religion", that when their mother dies, they can call their mechanic to do the funeral, instead of a pastor/priest. I don't think "organized religion sucks". Others make it a practice of adding that tagline to many of their posts, so it was my default preemptive comment for the inevitable.

3) "sniff....you're just trying to fight people to prove your beliefs....sniff" Well, buddy, this isn't the "Let's Give Everyone a Footrub" forum. Its a controversial issue, hence the resulting arguments. Might I interest you in a world where there is no religion, no hell below us, above us only sky? A place where those with opinions/beliefs differing from your own, remain quiet, and if they do speak up, back down meekly in the face of your vastly superior intellect? I'm sorry Dave, but I'm afraid I can't do that.

Now, I woke up this morning with other things on my mind than addressing some mental-Lilliputinish attack on myself, but I finished the dishes, cleaned the shower + toilet, and was "hey, what the heck, what's one more thing to scrape or wipe?"

i didn't think i bent any words at all.

my problem with the organized religion is with the religious mentality that you seem to share with those that i dislike hence your why i dislike religion.

your right it is a war forum, but what it boils down to is debating. debating doesn't need to involve attacking other people. generally when someone gets to the point where they are just attacking people its because they did not have any valid points left to debate and are just trying to get the other person angry. you claim to be this religious guy but your really just an antagonist standing in the gutter flinging @!#$ at anyone who disagrees with you. and in this post you started flinging @!#$ before anyone even had a chance to reply. just makes you look like a really small person.

its like you had that link which would make a decent debate, but you did not feel like it would start enough @!#$ so you added on your res ponce to get an argument going instead of a debate. it really just kinda shows your character. and it seems to be a type of character that would make baby jesus cry.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search