Legalize it? Decriminalize it? Do as we please. - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Legalize it? Decriminalize it? Do as we please.
Thursday, June 18, 2009 8:57 AM on j-body.org
"About the flying through the windshield thing (you knew it was me LOL) I should have rephrased that.... what I really meant was the people actually making the laws didnt care.... they where thinking more about revenue... and the law just passed last week here so I doubt the numbers are in yet."

they cared. but they cared for the wrong reason. bills like that get passed because some mod or dads child wasn't wearing a seatbelt and got thrown thru the window and they went to congres and wept and cried and told congress how if it was a law to wear seatbelts their daughter wouldnt have died and then a crafty congressman or woman tied that into a bill and then touted it out that if you dont vote for this bill you hate the children and want to see people die. and others didnt want to seem heartless so they passed the bill to seem like the warm and caring people.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Thursday, June 18, 2009 1:02 PM on j-body.org
i think heroine should be legalized. i love that sh!t

Friday, June 19, 2009 2:16 AM on j-body.org
^^^^^ LOL

I had a dream last night that I was smoking crack.... I wonder if posting in here before I went to bed had anything to do with that LOL

It was weird... ive never done it and have no idea why I would dream about that.. but I've never been higher in a dream than I was last night :/ weird how the mind works isnt it.

And SNDSGOOD... at least we can agree that it was implemented for stupid (or at least the wrong) reasons....

I'm just not happy with how things in our country are going right now.... Im just kinda fed up and tend to use extreme examples without really saying.... excatley what I mean...

Sunday, June 21, 2009 1:57 PM on j-body.org
666 night rider (TGM) wrote:i think heroine should be legalized. i love that sh!t

Because it being illegal should be the reason it's keeping people from doing it, not informing people of the dangers so they can make an informed decision... right? Lol. People are going to get the product they want as long as there is a high enough demand for the product. Any product. Why even bother with useless laws that do nothing but divert billions of taxpayer dollars into "trying (andfailing) to keep the streets clean" when that money could be going to a better cause...like ohh say...making sure kids are getting proper education to grow up and make informed decisions based on their own life lessons?

I haven't heard a good reason (or even a reason at all) for the laws being discussed here to exist, so it is my understanding that there is no GOOD reason for the law. It's a waste, pure and simple. That is my view, and until someone explains to me the benefits of the outlaw of a product people want, and can outweigh the negative effects of the prohibition with the positive effects, it will remain my view.

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Sunday, June 21, 2009 9:01 PM on j-body.org
you pretty much explained it yourself there scooter. if people want it they are going to get it. illegal or legal. so why not legalize it and make money off of those who use it?

Monday, June 22, 2009 2:16 PM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:^^^^^ LOL

I had a dream last night that I was smoking crack.... I wonder if posting in here before I went to bed had anything to do with that LOL

It was weird... ive never done it and have no idea why I would dream about that.. but I've never been higher in a dream than I was last night :/ weird how the mind works isnt it.

And SNDSGOOD... at least we can agree that it was implemented for stupid (or at least the wrong) reasons....

I'm just not happy with how things in our country are going right now.... Im just kinda fed up and tend to use extreme examples without really saying.... excatley what I mean...

to be honest with you i can't gaurentee that it was implimented for a stupid reason. to allot of people out there, keeping others from dying isn't a stupid reason. its just in reality your never going to get 300 million people to agree on something 500 people make, people just need to realise that the system isn't perfect, no matter what you do it will never be perfect and that if you believe in something you should fight for it, but also realise that chances are the person your fighting against probalby isn't evil. they just have a diffrent view or opinion then you.

me personally i always wear my seatbelt and always will. not just to save my life in an accident, but to keep me in my seat when im sliding around a turn on a country road at 70mph

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:31 AM on j-body.org
Other peoples opinions on matters shouldn't influence my lifestyle. And I think it's quite laughable when it comes right down to it that some people feel they have the right in the position they're in to tell ME what to do with myself on my time. @!#$ crooked ass world.

I guess this is all going to come down to "I have the basic right to do whatever the @!#$ I want, and I have the basic responsibility to accept the consequences for what I do."

LOL
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:36 PM on j-body.org
ChrisH4Life wrote:I guess this is all going to come down to "I have the basic right to do whatever the @!#$ I want, and I have the basic responsibility to accept the consequences for what I do."

If only anything today came down to people accepting the consequences of their own actions. Everything these days is about having someone else to blame, no matter what the f&%king problem is. Personal responsibility is out, victimism is in.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:21 PM on j-body.org
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_t8DvM2kX8&feature=fvw

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:26 PM

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 4:39 PM on j-body.org
life is to short to let every single aspect of your life be controlled by the government, so do what you want with in reasonable limits. i see no problem with prostitutes being legal, its a skilled service for some...the only skill they have (lol). hard drugs shouldnt be legalized. weed on the other hand should. if weed is legalized it should be just like alcohol. 18-21 for a age limit, but have dui(weed) as a misdemeanor, as its affects dont impair your motor skills like alcohol. let the government tax it and prostitutes to bring our country out of debt.
it really doesnt make since that i can be percribed mixed anphetimenes(professionally lab made meth) and morphine(opium/heroine), but weed is illegal even as a scrip. except in north cali,denver county colorado and oregon(ran by the gov. in oregon). most people in the generations of our grand parents and some of our parents still believe the untrue propoganda spread in the 30-60s about weed(its the devil,make u kill people,make u commit adultery,is addictive,make u crazy, make u hallucinate). the government really this spread this as the truth, and had the internal journal of medicine that published research info disproving what the gov had said discredited. plus our gov. was letting heroine loose on our streets they seized in vietnam. once all the power hungry-controlling people like this in the gov. are gone, it wont be a problem.

just my 2 cents

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 10:23 PM on j-body.org
The Boost Creep (ECOsleeper) wrote:life is to short to let every single aspect of your life be controlled by the government, so do what you want with in reasonable limits. i see no problem with prostitutes being legal, its a skilled service for some...the only skill they have (lol). hard drugs shouldnt be legalized. weed on the other hand should. if weed is legalized it should be just like alcohol. 18-21 for a age limit, but have dui(weed) as a misdemeanor, as its affects dont impair your motor skills like alcohol. let the government tax it and prostitutes to bring our country out of debt.
it really doesnt make since that i can be percribed mixed anphetimenes(professionally lab made meth) and morphine(opium/heroine), but weed is illegal even as a scrip. except in north cali,denver county colorado and oregon(ran by the gov. in oregon). most people in the generations of our grand parents and some of our parents still believe the untrue propoganda spread in the 30-60s about weed(its the devil,make u kill people,make u commit adultery,is addictive,make u crazy, make u hallucinate). the government really this spread this as the truth, and had the internal journal of medicine that published research info disproving what the gov had said discredited. plus our gov. was letting heroine loose on our streets they seized in vietnam. once all the power hungry-controlling people like this in the gov. are gone, it wont be a problem.

just my 2 cents
I'll support DUI system for marijuana right as soon as someone performs an unbiased scientific study that demonstrates where pot makes people more dangerous behind the wheel. So far I've only seem attempts at this that actually indicate the opposite(for which the surprised researchers attributed this aka speculated that was due to "increased paranoia" that pot caused). Well "Increased paranoia" is something that most drivers in America could use. In any case, no link to increased rate of automobile accidents nor increased rates of fault in accidents that do occur have been shown. So far, all signs point to the opposite conclusion.

I'm all for prohibiting people from driving who are more prone to accidents - which includes people taking many common prescriptions and/or over-the-counter drugs(for which no law applies that I am aware of), people who have permanently impaired vision, hearing, or reaction time (usually as a byproduct of aging), and most of all people who are simply drop-dead tired/sleepy(these are probably the most dangerous people on the road bar none).

But marijuana making someone a less safe driver is simply assumed. It needs to be scientifically proven - just as alcohol has been (thoroughly) proven. Before someone replies that it is "obvious" - well if so, then it should be effortless to prove as well. I wonder why there is no crusade against people driving after taking Tylenol etc, and yet with pot its different? If you evaluated it subjectively as you would with any legally manufactured drug - the stuff should be in the Aspirin isle at Walmart.

But with the reality of people's perceptions concerning marijuana, even if it became legal I probably wouldn't smoke it since employers would likely still discriminate against it anyways. I like being fully employable a lot more than I'd like to smoke pot. Amazingly, I can(and DO) still drink alcohol while staying legal and employed, and its far, far worse than pot in every possible way imaginable.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:16 PM on j-body.org
^^^^^^ Dude.... have you ever smoked the stuff WTF???

There doesnt need to be a scientific study..... POT IMPAIRS YOUR DRIVING...... its a fact...... I know from doing it LOL

Sure most people dont get blitzed when they drive...... so toking up just a little doesnt do much more than drinking a couple of beers then driving..... its all about how much you do and how high you are...

As for a GOOD reason that drugs are illeagle.....

The fact alone that its illegal lowers the production and use of the product.....

Lets say for example they made heroin legal...... that doesnt just make it legal to use..... it also makes it legal to make and sell.... it would be extremely profitable so you would see it every where.... even next to the cigarettes at the gas station.. before you knew it 40% of our population would be heroin addicts and that would be a problem..... leaving it illegal keeps crap like that from happening..... and yes the people that really want it can still get it...... but it significantly keeps the number of people using it down.....

Just leave the laws the same..... but dont have sting operations or anything..... dont even look for it..... only bust people with hard drugs when you happen to come across them and pretty much ignore pot unless you come across a truck load of the stuff being sold.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:27 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:^^^^^^ Dude.... have you ever smoked the stuff WTF???

yes - I used to smoke a ton as a teenager - and I went from smoking tons to none very quickly since I didn't want to flip burgers or telemarket forever(addictive my ass).

Quote:

There doesnt need to be a scientific study..... POT IMPAIRS YOUR DRIVING...... its a fact...... I know from doing it LOL
So did I and it did no such thing to me at all. Lets leave what is "fact" up to scientific study instead of personal opinion, OK? and as I said - if its "so obvious" then it should be "so easy" to prove too. Why should we not do some studies to prove what you already "know?" You'll just be proven correct, right? In any case such studies would need to be done anyways to determine at what level this supposed impaired driving begins.

Quote:

Sure most people dont get blitzed when they drive...... so toking up just a little doesnt do much more than drinking a couple of beers then driving..... its all about how much you do and how high you are...
Cannaboids are naturally occurring chemicals that are important to proper brain functioning and THC thus does not stop your brain from functioning properly nor does it even damage brain cells as previously thought(as proven by scientific research) - even if you feel a bit different. Alcohol(after being changed by your body) pairs with hemoglobin in your blood and thus stops those blood cells from carrying oxygen. Your brain doesn't operate so well with very little oxygen. The difference is night and day.

Quote:

As for a GOOD reason that drugs are illeagle.....

The fact alone that its illegal lowers the production and use of the product.....
Bull@!#$.

That's true because... you heard so in D.A.R.E.? Being illegal only makes it "cool" to kids AND at the same time makes it more attainable to those same kids - dealers don't ask for ID. Its seriously more trouble for a minor to get tobacco or alcohol than to get some pot, LSD, etc. I hate to keep beating the same dead horse - but you might want to look up prohibition statistics. Upon becoming illegal - alcohol usage shot through the roof and many people who previously had never touched a drop where soon binge drinking as part of the cool crowd. Making a substance illegal is NOT a deterrent. Its illegal TODAY, and those who want to smoke it are doing so already, while those who do not want to smoke it are not doing so. No one who doesn't want pot today is gonna start smoking it tomorrow just because its legal.

But you will be depriving dealers(not to mention gangs and cartels) of their main income source. I'll tell you one thing - AL Capone never lobbied to end prohibition!! I'd still like to hear a good reason to keep the current laws in place at all.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:33 AM on j-body.org
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^and I might add that during prohibition, youth drinking also skyrocketed. Simply enough, criminals where then the producers and distributors of alcohol and did not care at all about the age of their customer, only the green color of their paper. Upon the repealing prohibition, alcohol once again became much harder for kids to attain.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:57 AM on j-body.org
Actually I would love to see a scientific study proving im right (i would honestly be surrpised if there wasnt one of some kind) but dude seriously.... if you smoke enough of it... it screws you up pretty good.... do you honestly think that you dont drive better sober than if you where "as high as a kite"..... common dude.... down to earth here...... I've smoked so much weed that I couldnt walk before...... I know damn well I would not have been able to drive lol.... It makes you dangerouse behind the wheel IF YOU SMOKE ENOUGH OF IT and we both know it....... although in small doses like your talking about.... there really isnt a problem..... puffing on your one hitter driving home from work isnt a big deal at all..... but some of these burners people go on..... damn...... common man...... be honest with yourself lol

As for the prohibition thing... thats completely different.... for way more reasons than I want to explain here.... but the biggest one was that something that pretty much EVERYONE did legally for hundreds of years was suddenly made illegal.....

As for the drugs being illegal thing.... I didnt hear that in D.A.R.E. (I hate those people)... I was just going on common sense....

Legal stuff doesnt apply the same to pot as other "hard" drugs..... because pot is pretty much harmless when used responsibly.. wich makes this subject so confusing and controversial..

As for the hard drug side..... I still stand by what I said..... if any of them became legal..... use would significantly jump.... besides would you really want so see a bag of cocain for sale at the gas station next to the chewing tobacco? It would happen.....

People that normally dont use it would think "hummm its legal now so it must not be as bad as thay said.... I might as well try it once and see what its like"..... and bam there hooked..... and thats some life ruining stuff once a habit... and you get addicted fast... people are stupid that way.... I agree to a point with the hard stuff being illegal but i agree with you on the enforcement part for the most part..... too much time, energy, and money is put into it and it doesnt do much.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 7:57 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
ChrisH4Life wrote:I guess this is all going to come down to "I have the basic right to do whatever the @!#$ I want, and I have the basic responsibility to accept the consequences for what I do."

If only anything today came down to people accepting the consequences of their own actions. Everything these days is about having someone else to blame, no matter what the f&%king problem is. Personal responsibility is out, victimism is in.

Agreed.

LOL
Thursday, June 25, 2009 3:39 PM on j-body.org
there was a government study in europe that tried to prove weed is as bad as alcohol or worse, and proved themselves wrong. it showed people high on weed were more attentive to the vehicles and enviroment around them, accidents decreased. also they seemed to obey the laws more ie; speed limit, signals, stop signs, lights. which stems from a paranoia of the police wanting to bust you. it also proved people high on weed are better drivers than people on the phone or people who text while driving. it was an article in high times or cannabis culture i believe.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 4:18 PM on j-body.org
http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7600

www.economicexpert.com/.../Health:issues:and:the:effects:of:cannabis.html

Cannabis and driving
One highly controversial aspect of cannabis use is its effect on one's ability to drive an automobile. Studies on the subject have been limited, and generally have not taken into account relevant factors such as age and alcohol intoxication. Most studies that have taken these factors into account have concluded that cannabis' effect on driving ability is may be more positive than negative, due to the tendency of intoxicated individuals to drive slower and more cautiously.

Friday, June 26, 2009 1:28 AM on j-body.org
LOL

Im not going to trust anything printed in a pro weed magazine....

So basically when your smoking pot and driving.... you drive better because you paranoid as hell about getting busted....... that doesnt count..... what if you purposely drove safe when your not on something?

Ill admit that alcohol impairs your driving way worse..... but pot doesnt make you more alert LOL

You know what... Im not going to even argue this anymore..... we all know that smoking a little weed doesnt really make driving dangerous... but it does if you get high enough..... and we all know damn well that smoking it slows you down both mentally and physically.... if you think you actually drive better high.... you either think that because your high at the time or your crazy....

Im sorry but this should just be common sense....

I dont see the point of beating the dead horse of "smoking weed and driving anymore" I really cant make it any more simple....

as for the Pro vs Anti Marijuana thing..... my stance is basically treat it with the same respect as alcohol and I dont care.

Friday, June 26, 2009 1:41 AM on j-body.org
Dude, weebel, no one said go out and smoke 10 blunts and then take the driving test. Smoke 1 joint and I will drive just as good if not better than I usually do.

I've got autocross results to back it up. I was jittery on a tight course one day at a pretty big event. Took a quick drive to a gas station to "air my tires" and hit a bowl a couple of quick times. When I got back I was much more relaxed and I went out and smashed my previous best time on the track by like 2 seconds.

Friday, June 26, 2009 1:54 AM on j-body.org
I smoke pot. It helps me relax from the stress of this economy. I work 40hrs a week. I pay taxes. I give to the community. I believe to each his own. why should marijuana be illegal in the first place? So am i harming anyone? NO! I was arrested and put in jail for 5 months and lost my license for a year. why? i had seeds in my car. big waste of money that could be in the peoples pocket. O and thats the first time i was ever arrested. my 2 cents

Friday, June 26, 2009 2:01 AM on j-body.org
^^^^ I can understand that...... but you already poses a natural driving skill apparently..... so a little weed might help in that situation..... but most people dont have that skill and normal daily driving is hardly nerve racking enough for a sedative to do much...

The problem is a lot of people wont limit themselves to that 1 joint...

If thats what people are saying... than OK I guess... my only point was that if you can learn to be more relaxed on your own it would yield better results...

I just get a kick out of how every pro weed person thinks up all of these reasons pot is a good thing instead of thinking rationally and basing you argument on actual fact the opposing side will have a hard time refuting or actually agree with.

The thing is that..... it's never going to be legal... at least not in our lifetimes...... so why does everyone piss and moan about it all the time..... you can still get it damn easy and smoke it all you want.... what would change if it was legal that would make you life soo much better?

Im all about lack of government control and personal freedome..... I just think there are way more important wars to be fought first other than something as frivolous as this.

Friday, June 26, 2009 1:05 PM on j-body.org
Here's a good read from Philalawyer that addresses the issue: here

Friday, June 26, 2009 5:03 PM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:^^^^ I can understand that...... but you already poses a natural driving skill apparently..... so a little weed might help in that situation..... but most people dont have that skill and normal daily driving is hardly nerve racking enough for a sedative to do much...

The problem is a lot of people wont limit themselves to that 1 joint...

If thats what people are saying... than OK I guess... my only point was that if you can learn to be more relaxed on your own it would yield better results...

I just get a kick out of how every pro weed person thinks up all of these reasons pot is a good thing instead of thinking rationally and basing you argument on actual fact the opposing side will have a hard time refuting or actually agree with.

The thing is that..... it's never going to be legal... at least not in our lifetimes...... so why does everyone piss and moan about it all the time..... you can still get it damn easy and smoke it all you want.... what would change if it was legal that would make you life soo much better?

Im all about lack of government control and personal freedome..... I just think there are way more important wars to be fought first other than something as frivolous as this.

Your points are weak Weebel. The reason marijuana is illegal is not in any way tied to the fact that it can impair your judgment. You're not suppose to drive after taking certain cough medicine. You're not suppose to drive after drinking. And yet you think that marijuana is illegal because people might smoke dope and drive which might impair their ability to drive is the reason it is illegal? Seriously?

This is frivolous? Billions of dollars and thousands of wasted lives is a frivolous thing? Personal choice is frivolous? You're kidding, right? What would change if it was legal? Lots. But there are many things that need to be changed before we can think about rethinking the law.... Starting with these clowns that keep getting elected. The people will have the government they deserve, though... and sadly, as far as my personal experience, most people are @!#$ dumb or don't care.

LOL
Friday, June 26, 2009 10:57 PM on j-body.org
OK I think some of you guys dont understand what im saying LOL

Im with most of you 95% and what happened to John is total BS

I'm not arguing against weed..... I'm not really saying it should be illegal..... Im just saying I understand some of the reasons that it is.

Dude... if it was legal and they couldnt fire me at work for having trace amounts of it in my system..... I would be smoking it right now....

I just think people should argue that it isnt bad enough to be illegal...... and not argue things based on it being good...

The driving thing was just a tangent and not what I was basing my ground on at all..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search