You know... I'm starting to think dictatorships ain't such a bad idea - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
You know... I'm starting to think dictatorships ain't such a bad idea
Saturday, May 05, 2007 2:30 PM on j-body.org
If this is the type of freedom we're fighting for in Iraq we may wanna rethink what we're doing.

The older I get, the more I hate liberal apologists. Don't get me wrong, I'm not turning into a conservative. Far from it. But that doesn't mean that I don't want to smash the nads of every dorkface asshat who tells me that Islam is a religion of peace. The fact that they have a "problem" with honor killings is appalling because when people say "We have a little problem here..." it's code for "We don't want to do anything about it, but we want to pretend to care." So crap like this is going to go on and on and on. Personally, think colonialism has gotten a bad rap. Some societies DO need to be civilized and the liberal isolationist battlecry of "We shouldn't get involved" is moronic. They scream against the evils of George Bush yet allow genocide to go unchecked and backward barbaric societies to go on unchecked. Where's the logic here? More people have died because of Liberal lack of intervention in foreign countries than because of anything George Bush Jr or Sr have ever done. Yet they pat themselves on the backs as if they're heroes. Pathetic.

Oh, and don't think that just because I'm shooting venom towards the libs right now that I feel the conservative's hands are clean. A lot of Christians are ready to support the "religious freedom" laws that these vicious violent psychos hide behind in our own countries. When Conservatives wake up and see that ALL religions can be used as a weapon against others, including their own, then we might be able to do something to curb the abuse of religion.

Can you tell I'm P.O.ed

Poor little girl... .

Re: You know... I'm starting to think dictatorships ain't such a bad idea
Saturday, May 05, 2007 4:50 PM on j-body.org
Catholicism ostensibly is a religion of peace... and how many thousands of people were killed in the spanish inquisition?

The problem isn't religion. The problem is that people are ign'int morons bloody everywhere. The article said that Iraqi Security forces stood by and watched... This is where you have to wonder what the hell is happening over there... (IF there had been more troops, then this might not have happened, but if the people weren't so damned attached to ancient and barbaric ways, it DEFINITELY wouldn't have.)

I don't frankly care what they're doing, sitting idly by while a group of men stone a girl to death... Damn them.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Saturday, May 05, 2007 5:49 PM on j-body.org
There is no one problem that has led to our current situation. One is a president that was eager to go to war with a country that was not the most imminent threat and people who went along with his plan. Another one is a dictator that rule over his people by using terror and torture. Another one IS a religion that preaches hate for none believers, as do many religions. The last is nations full of people unable or unwilling to question this doctrine. I'm not saying that all Muslims are bad people but that is what a portion of the quran teaches. As far as politicians, almost all are useless and not in it for the right reasons. Most are willing to "believe" whatever rhetoric their party is spewing and they do so to further their own career instead of for the good of the people.

Quran:

The Cow 2:165 - "...Allah is severe in punishment!" - Your telling me!

The Cow 2:191 - "And slay them(transgressors) wherever ye find them..." - I'm sure this is used to justify terrorist attacks even though the American people are not the transgressors.

The Family Of 'Imran 3:151 - "We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve..." - Pretty much says it all.

Women 4:74 - "Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward." - Yep.

Women 4:76 Those who believe do battle for the cause of Allah; and those who disbelieve do battle for the cause of idols. So fight the minions of the devil. - Fight non-believers

Women 4:91 - "then take them and kill them wherever ye find them. Against such We have given you clear warrant." - AH, a warrant from Allah!

Women 4:161 - And of their taking usury when they were forbidden it, and of their devouring people's wealth by false pretences, We have prepared for those of them who disbelieve(Jews) a painful doom. - Yes, those evil Jews!

The Table Spread 5:80 - Thou seest many of them making friends with those who disbelieve. Surely ill for them is that which they themselves send on before them: that Allah will be wroth with them and in the doom they will abide. - Why can't we be friends?

There is more, but you get the picture. Non-belivers are evil and should be killed and sent to suffer for eternity. Behold, the religion of peace!

Saturday, May 05, 2007 7:23 PM on j-body.org
GAM wrote:I don't frankly care what they're doing, sitting idly by while a group of men stone a girl to death... Damn them.

they were instructed not to do anything. while I was in the AOR; that was General Order # 1, when interacting with the locals, DO NOT under ANY circumstance touch a woman; to include picking her up after a fall, or even trying to prevent the fall. NEVER touch a female local.

there was a guy on my rotation who was jumped and beaten for helping an old lady onto a bus. A policeman stopped his beating and arrested him. The next day, he was out of the country; local government confiscated his passport, he hitched a ride on a KC-135 tanker.

if they were Iraqi nationals; then they definitely wouldn't have done anything. Because really, they don't do anything.

Saturday, May 05, 2007 10:39 PM on j-body.org
Are Iraq Security Forces made up of Iraqis or Americans? I'm guessing that they're Iraqis, because most of the time reporters would say American Soldiers otherwise.

If the were Iraqi Nationals, you're starting to see why it is that I'm saying there's probably a need for REAL Police to train cops there. Apparently police are as ineffectual now as they were pre-invasion.

I understand standing orders, but it's still barbaric.

Saturday, May 05, 2007 10:48 PM on j-body.org
Hah, soon you'll be saying that communism solves all social class and housing problems...

Oh wait...

Saturday, May 05, 2007 11:01 PM on j-body.org
ISF (police) is ambiguous in nature. they could be third-country nationals; i.e. pakistani, iranian, turks, or even romanians and other slavics. in this instance though, I don't doubt that they were iraqi or another islamic national.

i agree with you that a working police force is paramount there; but ISF (and not to be taken as racist) and most middle-eastern workers (in the middle east) are incredibly fatalist. they will always put off until tomorrow if they can.

ISF is really just a big joke. we spend a whole lot of time and money there (and while I was there) we worked hand-in-hand with them, training them on how to do their jobs. there's a big however here.

most ISF are poor people, and are getting paid better to tip off insurgents; that's just how it's going to be, because when their kids are starving, food=food, no matter who pays for it. that's one minor facet of the problem; and actually the focal point of the prism. because of that, US forces can't let them get to work on their own, because of their fatalistic nature AND because for security reasons we can't clue them in on the mission until the very last moment. the poverty is what ties up the money and manpower that we have over there.

on an aside I thought I might run this by you; and don't take this as philosophy. the middle east has been pissed off at the world since the jews were persecuted for their beliefs. (read, a really long time) they're never going to be happy; because all of the world encroaches on their beliefs. some of the liberal ruled islamic nations are thriving with westernization, while the conservatives, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, and Egypt to an extent are just trying to prevent the loss of their place (or prevent the inevitable).

I mean, with communications and globalization of trade; to not westernize is to die. these conservative islamic nations are trying to have their cake and eat it too; because they're all about stoning a girl to death, but they want to record it on their blackberry at the same time. it's a time of terrible confusion for the islamics; and they will never be at peace until what; i don't know.

Sunday, May 06, 2007 10:14 AM on j-body.org
I don't think it's about Islamic countries, more about cultural differences and problems. In this case, you had a Yezidi girl and a Sunni boy in love... about 400 years ago the same thing except for a protestant Anglican boy and a Roman Catholic girl getting together in Ireland.

They're ostensibly the same people, but the girl's family sees it as the boy's religion and country trying to breed out their kind.

Islam is going through now, what Christianity went through 4-500 years ago: there are far more young muslims than there are old (on the order of triple under 25 to over), and they feel their time of revolution is upon them... and they are going to be able to control their own destiny. When Christians went through this same period, you'd see fractal divisions that created the huge splits in interpretations of the Bible, and after that was also when you saw things settle down a lot, apart from the occasional flare up (like Ireland, or the US/Mexico conquering of the Native Indians).

Technology is going to help speed things along, but I can honestly see things getting worse rather than better in the short term. And things were going so good in the 50's. *shakes heead*

Monday, May 07, 2007 9:23 AM on j-body.org
^^^<sarc> oh yeah, things were so good in the 50's. Must be why i see so many 50's retro burger joints. The problem is that they are incomplete--they're missing the "Whites Only" signs out front.</sarc>

Remember--the good-old-days were likely a living hell for someone else. Anyone who reminisces about them likely sat at the front of the bus.

And as for religion--if it's organized, likely it's a "religion of peace" that considers doing violence against those not of their religion as okay.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, May 07, 2007 7:17 PM on j-body.org
Actually, I meant in the 50's, Iraq and Iran and most gulf states had moderate and progressive secular gov'ts, they were actually interested in making things better by paying out oil stipends to the people instead of paying it to "royalty."

At that point, even though Israel had been founded, no one really cared.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search