Saddam sentenced... - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Saddam sentenced...
Tuesday, November 07, 2006 8:36 AM on j-body.org
thing is we're not the better ones here. We are not any more or less "civilized" than he is.

although drawing and quartering him would be acceptable imho, I'd say just hand him over to the kurds.

Still, i can live with a hanging, the importyant thing is he won't be around anymore.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 10:14 AM on j-body.org
Define civilized?
I'm pretty sure I didn't order the execution of thousands of people based solely on race, creed or religion.
I'm pretty sure I didn't nor will raise my sons to be murderous, disgusting vile pig rapists.
I'm pretty sure I didn't build palaces out of gold, while I imprisoned thousands of people who disagreed with me.

Personally, I'd say we are a helluva lot better than he is. Even John Kerry. And before anyone else goes Well GWB......., and/or 9/11 was an inside job. Just stop talking, cause your missing the @!#$ point. If anyone of you SOB's think GWB is as bad as Saddam, your crazy. There is food on your table, your free to practice your own religion, your not imprisoned for disagreeing with him, and he hasn't mustard gas'd all the 9/11 conspiracy theorists, so sit down and shut up, and thank your lucky stars you live in the USA, and not Iraq.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 1:08 PM on j-body.org
ho boy...

We did execute thousands of people for those reasons: See also: Manifest Destiny. America has done those, or the equivalent of those. YOU may have not, but that would be comparing you to an average Iraqi citizen, who likely isnt a suicide bomber and just wants to live their life.

If this should tell you anything, it's that the problem, is those that fancy themselves the rulers and leaders--even Kerry

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Tuesday, November 07, 2006 1:15 PM on j-body.org
Capo di tutti capi wrote:Define civilized?
I'm pretty sure I didn't order the execution of thousands of people based solely on race, creed or religion.
I'm pretty sure I didn't nor will raise my sons to be murderous, disgusting vile pig rapists.
I'm pretty sure I didn't build palaces out of gold, while I imprisoned thousands of people who disagreed with me.

That's hilarious...

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 1:49 PM on j-body.org
I don't really see how manifest destiny has anything to do with Saddam. Yes, the US killed all the indians. it sucks. It should have never of happened, but saying that we don't have the right to fix things because we did them in the past is silly.

That's like saying we shouldn't fight slavery because we WERE a nation of slave holders. How many other nations tried to stop slavery activley in the US? One... US. If the tables were turned, and I was an Iraqi Citizen, would I want someone to step in an stop it? No Doubt. However, being occupied by a foreign nation isn't an ideal situation, but the Iraqi's obviously could not stop Saddam, weither they didn't want to or could not is irrelevant. What was happening in Iraq was wrong.

Is Bush the ideal leader? Obviously not, but give me another viable candidate for the position. Cause when I voted in 2004 I was cornered into a decision. I did not, and do not think Kerry can handle it. I don't think the democratic party in general has shown the ability to handle the Iraq situation. Not that the republicans have a vastly superior plan, but the way the Dems sound is that they would pull out and not think about it twice. That is just crazy. We cannot leave a nation with no leadership, no foundation, and no structure instantly without it. The situation needs solved, and a massive humanitarian effort needs to happen.

I find it ironic how Emo some Dems can be, to only turn around and say, Uh oh well, your not American, we got our own problems, tough luck. Yet they can all shout, ohhhh Darfur,oooooh Africa has Aids. Yea, stuff sucks at home. But the fact is, the only cold hard fact possibly in the iraq war, is that we are there. Deal with it. It sucks, nobody (at least no non government offical, or retainer company) wants war. It sucks, people die, personal freedoms are violated. It wouldn't be called war if it was fun.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 3:30 PM on j-body.org
Jesus Mary and Joseph, can you just kiss and quit the self-flaggelation?

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 3:45 PM on j-body.org
Capo di tutti capi wrote:Your right, we should let him go.

That isn't what I mean at all. Just don't be barbarous about it. Simply hanging him is good enough. If it were me, he would remain in prison, very much alive, but it's not. IT IS UP TO THE IRAQIS.. You already handed him over. The US has NO CONTROL over what happens to him. I think you guys need to realize that. His crimes are NOT against the USA, but Iraq. He is being held in Iraq, tried in Iraq, by Iraqis and when the time comes, Iraqis will execute him.

Get over yourselves for once will ya?

PAX

Oh ya, about slavery in the US. Your trading partners in Cnada and the UK put pressure on to end the practice. So ya, other nations did try to stop slavery in the US.

War plans have very little to do with who is in power. Bush or Kerry, chances are the outcome would be the same. Wolfawitz worked for every president since Regan and would be there regardless of who won the election. Please look a little deeper into how your executive branch operates, who the generals are etc. You'll see how very little the public mouthpiece has to do with it. They can however present the situation differently and influence public opinion at home and abroad. Bushes public face is just not very well recieved.
Tuesday, November 07, 2006 5:59 PM on j-body.org
Okay, first and foremost, Hussein has a second trial coming up. One way or another he's dead.

Second: I'm going to have a guess at this that most of you don't know what it is that happens in a hanging, it's not just break the neck and lights-out. Being executed is not going to be a picnic for the condemned no matter how much you kill them, so stop with the petty retributional masturbatory fantasies.

Third: a Dead Saddam Hussein isn't going to bring anyone back.

This is the end of a dark chapter in the history of Iraq. It is also the beginning of the battle to keep Iraq from tearing itself apart a la Yugoslavia. There is a bigger picture, and most of you miss that.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 5:39 PM on j-body.org
HAIL SADDAM-A-GO-GO!!!!!!

I return you now to the tread in progress...

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search