Scott Peterson - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Scott Peterson
Thursday, January 26, 2006 3:06 PM on j-body.org
I don't watch Law and Order or CSI. I do watch Forensic Files, Medical Detectives, Cold Case Files, FBI Files, and 48 hours, most of them are on Court TV(all real crime shows based on real cases and usually containing the actual officers/detectives involved in teh case).

I'm sorry, but if I was being looked at for a crime I KNEW I did not commit, I would not run because I know I didn't do anything. I followed the Peterson case through Court TV, all the interviews with family members, etc.

The fact that another woman washed up who's appearance resembled Lacy I think has absolutely nothing to do with the Peterson case itself. May not have even been a "copycat". Maybe someone else just murdered someone and dumped them in the water too. It happens all the time. I just think that unless there's hardcore evidence that those two murders were in fact related, without a doubt, should anyone begin thinking Scott Peterson was innocent. All the circumstantial evidence they had with Scott and his behaviour after Lacy's disappearance in my mind definately points to him.

If he had pushed Amber away after he "discovered" his pregnant wife was missing and was more focused on finding his missing wife, maybe he wouldn't look so guilty. But he kept persuing his affair with Amber just like everything was normal, they were divorced, and he was moving on with his life. His whole attitude was like "meh, so my wife's missing, oh well I'm still going to go have fun!" and later "meh, my wife and unborn child was found dead, oh well... on with my affair!"

Thursday, January 26, 2006 3:18 PM on j-body.org
Well, sufice to say, what you see on television is sanitised, no matter what you happen to be watching. If you want a real taste of what is happening, ask your local PD if they have a ride-along program for those interested in police sciences... it's fun, but graphic if you happen to go to a murder scene (particularly one that is a few days old)

I didn't follow the case in minute detail, so I don't know the ins and outs, but what I have read doesn't add up.

It's not sound to hang your perceptions of a case on assumptions about behaviour, ask 5 different psychiatrists about his behaviour, and you'll likely get 6 different opinions... people run for no other reason than they're distrustful of the police and the state at large... you're applying a reasonable thought process to a situation that is unreasonable to some people (for whatever reason). That's why you want a consensus of evidence first, and you want it identifiable to an individual, otherwise, it's circumstantial, and subject to interpretation.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 5:44 PM on j-body.org
I was just simply stating that WITH the circumstancial evidence they had AND his actions... definately does not look good for him... IMHO

Thursday, January 26, 2006 7:07 PM on j-body.org
Yes, but I wouldn't vote for death on account of a circumstantial case. (I wouldn't anyhow, but that's beside the point).

I'm finnckey, but I like a nice juicy piece of irrefutable evidence. I usually get it, and if not, something is wrong, because there is always SOMETHING there.

Friday, January 27, 2006 5:10 AM on j-body.org
Eh I wouldn't have voted death without better evidence either, but life without parole yes.

Friday, January 27, 2006 5:14 AM on j-body.org
Thats why they didn't seek the DP cause the state knew its evidence sucked and if your gonna kill someone you better be damn sure ! Nope the state NEVER would have gotten the jury to convict for the DP.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 12:35 PM on j-body.org
Peterson was sentenced to death, Jack.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 5:34 PM on j-body.org
I thought he got life. ???????

Monday, January 30, 2006 2:45 AM on j-body.org
Nope...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/12/13/peterson.case/

Monday, January 30, 2006 6:10 AM on j-body.org
Well then maybe the defence should step it up a bit.

Monday, January 30, 2006 6:21 PM on j-body.org
[quote=¤§Fallen Angel§¤]Eh I wouldn't have voted death without better evidence either, but life without parole yes.

So let me get this right... You would throw someone in jail for the rest of their life with questionable evidence, and that's more 'ok' than giving them the death penalty?

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 10:36 AM on j-body.org
Try and resurrect someone after you find out there was tainted evidence or prosecutorial misconduct.

Life imprisonment would have been a better option. IMHO

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search