{Ranting} What happened to pride? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
{Ranting} What happened to pride?
Thursday, January 26, 2006 12:12 AM on j-body.org
what the hell happened to american pride. peoples cavaliers and sunfires look exactly the same as your average honda. too much chrome and cheezy accesories. fart cans and stock motors. its depressing to think that the guys wantin to race have more money into their into the look than they do performance. i've spent a month on my cavalier and im runnin low fourteens. looks stock and i still get 35 mpg. all im sayin is that im sick of seein riced out cavaliers with idiots behind the wheel who can't even sit up straight. and when i smoke you don't get mad at me and cut me off. get mad at yourself cus you wanted blue gauges instead of a cam. or a plastic spoiler instead of portin your heads.

Re: {Ranting} What happened to pride?
Thursday, January 26, 2006 12:31 AM on j-body.org
Jake Hone wrote:what the hell happened to american pride. peoples cavaliers and sunfires look exactly the same as your average honda. too much chrome and cheezy accesories. fart cans and stock motors. its depressing to think that the guys wantin to race have more money into their into the look than they do performance. i've spent a month on my cavalier and im runnin low fourteens. looks stock and i still get 35 mpg. all im sayin is that im sick of seein riced out cavaliers with idiots behind the wheel who can't even sit up straight. and when i smoke you don't get mad at me and cut me off. get mad at yourself cus you wanted blue gauges instead of a cam. or a plastic spoiler instead of portin your heads.

Because people can do whatever the @!#$ they want. if they want blue guages instead of that cam then they can. its their money they can spent it how they want. people are people, why judge them by their car. if they cut you off when they loose they are just a sore looser and an @!#$. WHO CARES! just brush it off.

Pretty much, its life deal with it! we are all going to have to take it in the ass one way or another

Thursday, January 26, 2006 4:24 AM on j-body.org
Jake Hone wrote:what the hell happened to american pride. peoples cavaliers and sunfires look exactly the same as your average honda. too much chrome and cheezy accesories. fart cans and stock motors. its depressing to think that the guys wantin to race have more money into their into the look than they do performance. i've spent a month on my cavalier and im runnin low fourteens. looks stock and i still get 35 mpg. all im sayin is that im sick of seein riced out cavaliers with idiots behind the wheel who can't even sit up straight. and when i smoke you don't get mad at me and cut me off. get mad at yourself cus you wanted blue gauges instead of a cam. or a plastic spoiler instead of portin your heads.

Not everyone has the money or know how to run low 14's within a month of owning the car.

Or in other words boo.....@!#$....hoo.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 4:34 AM on j-body.org

to start....the sport compact car craze started with asian cars... so most of the things that are NOW being done to cavaliers, have already been done by asian cars... especially performance, back in the late 80;s to early 90;s when performance from sport compacts were pretty much dominated by asian cars. this was BEFORE the third gen j-body even hit the market.

american pride is in muscle cars if you actually did your homework before you started ranting. hence the reason why the charger, mustang, and soon, challenger and a few other nostalgics are being RE-RELEASED.

smaller cars were introduced initially mostly via asia..... the more gas efficient ordeals... to keep in business american car companies jumped on the bandwagon and started producing the same...from the k cars like dodge aries, j bodies like the cimmaron, and a few companies in the years before produced smaller scaled versions unlike the 50-late 60;s.

as it stands the sport compact car crowd is more geared to accessories now... its not an asian thing, dont be the avg idiot in saying so. its more an CURRENT AMERICAN thing. even SEMA has noted this in the past years. advice? pay attention to the market.

it seems like you might wanna think about yourself being an idiot and getting just a FEW facts straight before making a post like this. like said, people can put whatever on their cars. everyone has different goals. its good that you have ''performance pride" but realize that not many are gonna shell the money nor time, or bother to even learn anything past "what intake should i buy"....take a look at the performance forum. hell take a look at almost ANY of the tech forums. the main people who still do performance and handling are simply the die hards.

no real need to label someone BS terms....

and lastly, if you smoked someone, then you should be ahead of em....so there should be no chance of them cutting you off...... that is, IF you actually live up to your rant.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 5:44 AM on j-body.org
Events right. All the stuff out for our cars now has been out for years for the imports.
I don't get the issue tho. I may not care for the way someone did up his or her car but its THEIR car ! I didn't help them pay for it nor build it so why should I have any say in what they do ? For that matter why should you or anyone else ? Rather I respect the amount of work they put into it and the level at which the work was done.

You'll always have the classic muscle cars and now the new classic muscle cars too.
And last I checked a set of Crager SS mags, raceing stripes, and a Dyers 6-71 blower were all U.S.A. ! So chill out if some kid wants to put jap letters all over his Cavalier, its HIS freaking car !

Personialy I do tend to agree to a point but as I said its not my car. MY car has 5 star classic looking wheels ( sure they may be 18's so what ? ) A 3 piece spoiler ala' 70's style Camaro duel exhaust and raceing stripes. No not the kind that go down to the ground, think of a 1970 Chevelle. That style. I tend to like the classic look but thats cause I'm older as I guessing you may be also. Just let the kids have thier fun they're not hurting anyone. Geez!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:03 AM on j-body.org

and your just another typical toolbag who thinks just because an economy car isnt built for performance, and more for looks is, and i qoute, "rice"..... Grow up and realize everyone is different. It has nothing to do with american pride... American pride is big block V8's and muscle cars, not cheap GM econo-boxes. When I finally get to build my Mustang sometime in the future, its a whole different ballgame than what my Cavalier project is.

remember.... just because someone doesnt have your mentality doesnt mean they are wrong for what they do.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:07 AM on j-body.org
also, on another note.... people like you are one of the reasons why the sport compact scene sucks..... no respect........ no honor........... car shows arent even about the cars.... its a pissing contest where the second main objective is to go film nearly naked women. Thats why im getting out of it and doing a car where i can take it to shows and actually see some maturity, something the sport compact scene doesnt have

Thursday, January 26, 2006 7:26 AM on j-body.org

You're dumb. You're basically saying if everyone's cars are not just like yours then they're wrong.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 8:25 AM on j-body.org
I have a CAI intake, full exhuast, and full suspension, and a decent sound system.

But i drive around on 15" steelies, and the only noticable thing about my car is the exhaust tailpipe, and the fact that it's lowered.

i don't have nice rims because I decided to purchase autocross rubber instead with the money I had available to modify my car. It's a sacrifice I willingly make.

Not EVERYONE does the "rice" to cars, just the majority.

You have to take pride in your own vehicle, and not worry about what others do. Just know that your car infact does look better and take pride in it.

I agree completely with Meckster. When I go to a carshow the half naked women just get in the way of the car I'm trying to look at IMO.

Another reason why I love autocross, we don't get much of the all show no go people, and no matter what car you drive, people watch for drivers, not cars.

-Chris

Thursday, January 26, 2006 9:56 AM on j-body.org
If you think that American Pride rests in the type of car, or rather what you choose to do with a particular vehicle...you've reached a new low for Human Stupidity.

"Speak the truth, and leave immediately after"
"The urge to save Humanity is almost ALWAYS a false front for the urge to rule"
"He who knoweth things as they are and not as they are said or seem to be, he truly is wise, and is taught of God more than of men."
Thursday, January 26, 2006 3:19 PM on j-body.org
You're arguing pride when you mean taste.

Taste is subjective.

Do you critique a 5 yr old's tempra painting the same way?

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 3:24 PM on j-body.org
I think you guys scared the s**t out of Jake Hone... he hasn't said anything in about 18 hours

I won't comment on the topic, it's so meaningless.

BTW, think we can use the word "rice" a little more carefully, Jake?

On a side note, good work getting your cav in the low 14's in just a month. Make sure you don't hurt any stock SRT-4's feelings

Thursday, January 26, 2006 3:35 PM on j-body.org
soon as i read this post i knew this guy was gonna get ripped.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 3:52 PM on j-body.org
All hail the mighty rice! LOL!

To a degree, I agree with actually being able to go fast if you're going to make your car look fast. But there's merit in having a car that has a good look, too. I built a sleeper once, it wasn't as fun as my 71 Grand Prix that wasn't as fast but loped pretty good and looked great.

I guess I'm on the fence on this one,
except for wings!
I don't see the attraction to having a 4 foot cheese slicer on your trunk.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Thursday, January 26, 2006 8:08 PM on j-body.org
Its purely opinion...like about 6 other people say its all opinion.

Hell I'd go for a body kit before a supercharger...why? beucas I want a car thats gonna turn head when I drive down the road. Flame me all you want because of my choice of what I want to buy first, but thats what I want...you want a car that can go fast in a 1/4 mile, Rascal wanted an AutoX car...were all different...

As for the maturity of sport compacts as a whole...yes...its very low...thats why when I'm watching a show about tuners I usually watch CNN or something for the last 5 minutes becuase all they show are bikini contests...and don't get me wrong I love a girl in a bikini but they (sport compact organizers and magazines) have taken it way to far...I mean when other magazines are calling you "Super Boobs" instead of "Super Street" then you know you have a problem...just my 2 cents

Thursday, January 26, 2006 10:43 PM on j-body.org
because most of them are built in Mexico, last time i checked that wasn't America

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Friday, January 27, 2006 3:56 AM on j-body.org
CNN has bikini shows?

GET OUT!!!

Friday, January 27, 2006 8:32 AM on j-body.org
Lame. I've spent exactly zero hours working on my Jap-mobile and I run 10's!!, so who's wasting their time and money now?

---

Friday, January 27, 2006 2:40 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:CNN has bikini shows?

GET OUT!!!

Hardy Har Har...I meant the "tuner" shows...hell if CNN only showed bikini contests they would be the #1 news source...24/7

Friday, January 27, 2006 3:43 PM on j-body.org
Damn man... you almost made me feel good about paying for all pro-US news all the time.

Friday, January 27, 2006 6:33 PM on j-body.org
Just take it this way, makes you look better, right?

They can do what they want, just l let them have bad taste...

I don't like that crap either, but I don't take it as "ohh look what he did to his cavalier", I take it as "ohh look what he did to his car" It could be a friggin Skylark for all I care. Has nothing to do with American Pride, has to do with self pride.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Friday, January 27, 2006 6:35 PM on j-body.org
Dude, there's nothing wrong with some clean ground effects and some rims, but performance helps. Now if it's some stupid kit sticking out 5ft, I'll agree with you. But I already have a 12sec camaro, the cav is just a nice car that will run low 15's when I'm done with it.

Morons are one thing, but taste and clean ness is another.

It's like at a car show. Lets say that there's a 32 ford by my camaro with a small block at a car show. Not my style, not my preference but you have to respect what they have done to it and all the nights spent working late just to change that one part to make it run better or look cleaner. A car is all in the look of the owner. Not everyone likes my camaro, but I do, and thats why I like it and why I built it, but you have to respect the work and man hours into a car, even if you dont like it.

And I'm a strong hater of rice an wings.

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Friday, January 27, 2006 6:40 PM on j-body.org
Can ya feel the love!!! lol i say to each his own i started driving trans-am/camaros and yes even mustangs <<>>that why i know i don't like fords but for the times they where fun now i drive a cav it was stock but i'm doing up the inside paint, seats, etc cause of winter and i'm doing everything myself spring rolls by and i might grab a 2.4l and slam it in with a charger or 3.8l depends on the cash flow and time but hey theres guy out there that like low and slow and theres guys that like smell of laying rubber down these too don't play well with each other but ya still have to give props to each on the hard work that went into doing there own cars and didn't have daddy giving them money to having a shop do it for them thats why its called custom! cut you off? after you beat him??? what are ya.........new?

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4235/jim25ek.jpg
Saturday, January 28, 2006 1:43 AM on j-body.org
Bluecavi (hater of the wings) wrote:
And I'm a strong hater of rice an wings.

then dont eat chineese or japanese food carry out, and stay away from chicken shacks.... simple.

Quote:

Has nothing to do with American Pride, has to do with self pride.

american pride, last i checked was having the FREEDOM to make your OWN choices, not cause some 20 year old kid wants to rant about what sections of cars he thinks people only should mod.

self pride is more doing What the F you wanna do, when you wanna do it, and for whatever reason.

if someone came up to any of you who have posted, and complained about the type of clothes you wear, or the type of girls....or guys...you all date....

what would be your FIRST LOGICAL response?

hopefully, if any of you have any balls, common sense, or preferably a combo of the two..... your first thought SHOULD BE:

"who is this muthafu------a and for what reason should i be worried about how IT thinks i should date or present myself fashion wise...."

Saturday, January 28, 2006 7:07 AM on j-body.org
Event -- You are an angry, angry man. Take a deep breath for all of us. This is an online forum, not the presidential debate. It's ok for people to think the way they do,ok?

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search