Death w/ Dignity vs. Pain Relief Promotion - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Death w/ Dignity vs. Pain Relief Promotion
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 2:32 PM on j-body.org
Z24 FReQ (Jarett) wrote:that just makes it all harder in the end. insurance companies won't dole out the policy if it is suicide, assisted or not. for a lot of people, that's paying up old bills, paying for the funeral, etc.
so even if assisted suicide is legal in all 50 states, you still have to battle with the insurance companies. bastards. I hate those people.

This may be the underlying cause for prohibiting assisted suicides. It's possible that someone with a large gambling debt to "the boys" may decide to off himself to repay the debt with his life insurance money. Or that "the boys" may off someone in debt and call it an assisted suicide to collect the insurance from his widow.

Other than that, assisted suicide would actually benifit insurance companies, because old sick people are more expensive than young healthy people paying premiums. Strictly looking at the bottom line, allowing terminal patients to end their life cuts costs.

I can see Hahaha's point on this, but for those who don't share Hahaha's faith I think they should have the option to end their own suffering.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search