How can you not - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How can you not
Sunday, February 20, 2005 11:35 AM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:wow that sounds strikingly like what is going on now we have a Fascist leader in place trying to go all over the world and tell nations how to run thier governments

Just asking. Please correct me if I am wrong but Iraq did not have a government before we came into the picture. I still dont know if we really have a govt over there but it is getting better or atleast thats what they say. And I know your comment is not just referring to Iraq

2nd place is the 1st loser

Sunday, February 20, 2005 12:44 PM on j-body.org
keeper, i see what you're saying, but you can't guarantee that a people will stand up for themselves.... sometimes the human race needs a little jump start..

Sunday, February 20, 2005 4:24 PM on j-body.org
Actually, the dead skin needs to be shed, Gene pool needs to be deepened.. choose the euphamism.... There's too many people on earth to survive as we stand.

oh.. btw.. ignoring your Hairy Man-Love bit doesn't make you any more of a man..

I'M JUST MESSING WITH YOU, DUDE!

even though I know you dig it... it's okay.. you can admit it... I can't think any less of you ECB... j/k

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, February 20, 2005 9:21 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

whoever said that we dont defend you and the constitution does, you need to wake up out of your dream were the people you should thank so that weere not living in a communist society.........just my 2 cents

First of, let me clarify my position.

As for Defending the american public, the last time the american homeland was attacked (aside from 9-11), was WWII. As such, The military doesn't protect the citizens at this point. As for 9-11, It should have been a wake-up call that the enemy won't play by the rules.

Now, The bit on the constitution is like this. You, as a member of the armed forces, do nothing to protect my rights. Why? It's simple. The biggest threat to americans losing their rights is not the invasion of a foreign country--it's the government turning into a facist regime--an empire of sorts. I'm not woried about N. Korea, Iran, or Iraq threatening my rights--and i'm sure most of the populace doesn't. What a significant portion of the populace is concerned about, is the government walking all over our rights (i.e. the Patriot Act, the McCarthy Trials, et al). That is the biggest threat to the rights guarenteed us by the constitution.

Now, I did not see your batallion laying siege to Capitol Hill when the patriot act was enacted. As such, you are not protecting my rights. Defending us, well, yes, that is in your contrat, but the last time we were threatened with that severeity was abck in WWII--when the fear of the japanese launching an attack on the west coast was a danger (even though German subs were reported off the easy coast as well). 9-11 was a one-hit deal, and even though the possiblily is there, even you had to admit that america was caught with it's pants around it's ankles then.

Still, your job is to defend america and it's citizens, and moreso in modern times to go where the government tells you and do what they tell you to do--i.e. iraq. You do not, however, defend or protect our rights. Again, if you did, then you would be laying siege to Capitol Hill.

ECB:

If they don't, to me it's irrelevant. People get what they deserve, and if they don't strive for better, then they won't get better.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search