Test ride! - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Test ride!
Sunday, June 03, 2007 2:26 AM
Took my new G5 GT for a 'test drive' yesterday on a route that gave me some good insight on what it can do. All's I can say is SWEET!!! Now, the roads are back country/local, so I really couldn't push it, but what I experienced was awesome! I stayed in 4th gear mostly and it really pulled nice out of turns, up hills. Over 'sudden' drops downhill with turns it was stable, easy to predict, and willing to plant itself upon 'landing'. I'd LOVE to take it to a real on-road course and toss it around without the worry of on-coming traffic...or deer! Has GM ACTUALLY gotten something near-right in the G5/Cobalt?!? Anyone know what success, if any, they've had in stock/near-stock form on any racing circuit?

Re: Test ride!
Monday, June 04, 2007 7:04 PM
DartBaron wrote:.. Has GM ACTUALLY gotten something near-right in the G5/Cobalt?!?

Isn't that the truth? My plane Jane 2007 Cobalt LS 4dr has better fit, finish and build quality than the ~$25K 2005 Trailblazer it replaced!! After driving nothing but trucks & 4x4's since 1992, the Cobalt was a welcome change. My Ecotec 2.2 & 4T45E trans are a blast.

Joel

2007 Cobalt LS 4dr, 2.2L, Auto, bone stock deluxe poor man's package.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search