Intercoolers - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Intercoolers
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 4:00 PM
I hear the SS cobalt comes with an air to water intercooler. I dont feel strong about them so i wonder if u could put a air to air intercooler to replace it. or maybe just buy that nitrous n-tercooler and freeze the water pre-race. anybody know anything about this?

Re: Intercoolers
Friday, April 22, 2005 11:59 AM
The IC on that engine is very much integrated into the S/C assembly so I don't think you could replace it.

Are you familiar with how a roots-style s/c gets intercooled? They're not generally remotely mounted the way a turbo or centrifugal s/c is so it's not just a matter of running some piping through an IC to intercool them.

Re: Intercoolers
Friday, May 27, 2005 8:18 AM
the one on the car is acutally well made, the cooling fins are some brand name that are known for there high effiency.

put it this way, people doing the twin charger setup are keeping the stock intercooler

keith-

ps, they were wired wrong from the factoty, so if you bought a new cobalt ss and it tends to lose power after long extend driving, its because your intercooler pump is wired ass backwards, its a simple fix, pop out two wires from the harness, and swich em.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search