Who own a very BASE Cobalt Coupe (2dr) ? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Who own a very BASE Cobalt Coupe (2dr) ?
Friday, February 17, 2006 7:03 AM
My question may sound funny, but here's my story : I'm actually owning a 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5s (w/ extra package) and it's an expensive car (26,499$+tx). I've just move into a new house and I'm looking to lower my car montly payment soon. I'm really interested by getting a base manual Cobalt Coupe (2dr) during the 2006 model blow-out sale this upcoming fall. My mother is owning a fully base 2003 Cavalier (2.2 Ecotec) for three years ago and it's appear to be a reliable car. BUT, my mother's car is missing some VERY BASIC feature like :

- There's no variable speed windshield wipers (wtf!!)
- There's no height ajustable driver seat (you're sit on the floor!!)
- There's no ajustable steering column (bad for long rides)
- The base sound system (CD at least) is UNBELIVEABLE how it sound like @!#$

I take a rapid look on the Cobalt BASE (LS I think) specifications and it appear to have all the Cavalier's missing feature/equipment as basic equipment...

But, for the peoples who own the MOST BASE Cobalt coupe (2dr), which feature/equipment do you think your car is missing? I don't care about electric equipment (windows, lock, cruise, etc).

I'll appreciate also if people can post pictures of the most base Cobalt interior (at most) and exterior also.

Thanks!!

Re: Who own a very BASE Cobalt Coupe (2dr) ?
Monday, February 20, 2006 6:39 AM
Anybody??
Friday, March 10, 2006 3:10 AM
There is no armrest between the two front seats and the shifter is just a one peice plastic thing. The car is quieter than a Cavalier though and has outside air temp, fuel mileage info and better looking guages. Stereo is still nothing special ,but I got it for $12,500.
Sunday, August 20, 2006 12:35 PM
I have a Cobalt 2dr Coupe Simmz and the interior is wonderful, Not the best but it works and looks fantastic, tilt, cruise, CD, the Sound system isnt the best either but it gives pretty good quality sound if you set it right, The seats are fully adjustable, to height & leg length, the CD player does not skip ANY while going down the road, I havent gotten my pics yet cause Im waiting to get my wheels on, but I will take pics soon from exterior & interior, Cobalt is a very smooth reliable car, the only problem I have, is the Cheap interior paint they used around the Door controls, for Power windows & Locks, The paint is very easy to chip and then look like crap so mine Im going through with all Red High Gloss paint to get rid of that problem

~05 Cobalt Granite Blue White Rally Stripes~
Thursday, September 14, 2006 10:02 AM
has everything you mentioned ...anything your cav has plus a nice driver info center..air, tilt, cruse, varabial wipers...i donno if mine has abs or not
Monday, October 02, 2006 9:39 PM
That's what I plan on getting..too many toys mean lots of stuff to break....

either a LS....

Or if I have money...a plain ol' LT...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search