Which side are you on ? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Which side are you on ?
Tuesday, October 05, 2010 1:57 PM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:
Quiklilcav wrote:I have an honest curiosity as to how many people voted as he did that now regret the decision.

And you have your answer...one less than you would wish.

Living in a rarefied world that's a 24-7 (tea) party about how "Right" the Extreme Right is...yes, this limited exposure tends to warp one's perceptions in this fashion. You can't help it...your programming is complete. For you, reality is is merely a nuisance foisted upon you by others who choose not to see it your way. Yes, ridicule and chastise them, for it's likely to be the only satisfaction coming your way.

November's gonna suck for you

well until the right gets back into office then it will just be reversed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 3:17 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:I have an honest curiosity as to how many people voted as he did that now regret the decision.

And you have your answer...one less than you would wish.
Then I guess all the dropping approval numbers are just fictitious, huh?

All your nay-saying doesn't change the fact that there are a ton of people out there who are not at all feeling like they got what they voted for. However, go ahead and stay in your little "everything is fine" bubble, where any kind of criticism is "extreme".

Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Living in a rarefied world that's a 24-7 (tea) party about how "Right" the Extreme Right is...yes, this limited exposure tends to warp one's perceptions in this fashion. You can't help it...your programming is complete. For you, reality is is merely a nuisance foisted upon you by others who choose not to see it your way. Yes, ridicule and chastise them, for it's likely to be the only satisfaction coming your way.

November's gonna suck for you
Ahh, yes. Keep trying to convince yourself and everyone else that I sit around all day listening to talk radio, and get no information outside what they want me to hear. It simply shows how badly you miss the mark, since I don't listen to talk radio, or watch Fox News, or any of the conservative commentary shows. Again, any time you want to actually have a real debate, sans failed attempts at labeling me a puppet, I'm game. However, I know you're not up to it. You can do nothing but nay-say anything posted here you don't agree with, and make desperate attempts to cast doubt on your opponent, rather than actually trying to prove your point.

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 3:26 PM on j-body.org
The time draws near.

Presidential approval ratings historically have dropped with EVERY president, most pronounced with ones swept in on waves of euphoria like this one...but that doesn't serve your hateful, vindictive agenda, so you tend to try to forget that. At least, you never mention it, and I well know you'd prefer that this bothersome little fact not get in the way of your rhetoric.

The Congress will remain in Democratic hands after this election. I say that not because I want it to. I say it because it is the truth. It is the truth because the Extreme Team you so blindly support has done a sh!t job of moving the actual masses.

Most of the public knows that the current administration got it stuck in their eye by the previous one. That's why they voted the last a55holes out of office, and they're smart enough to realize that the indulgence and incompetence of an entire decade can't be wiped clean in less than two years.

Don't believe me. Frankly, no one (least of all me) cares if you believe me. The truth is coming...and I doubt it will set you free, but it will set you on your a55.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, October 05, 2010 3:29 PM

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 5:33 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Most of the public knows that the current administration got it stuck in their eye by the previous one. That's why they voted the last a55holes out of office, and they're smart enough to realize that the indulgence and incompetence of an entire decade can't be wiped clean in less than two years.

Most of the people know that? How's that? Despite W's spending spree and the iraq/afghan war, it was something else that caused the sudden shift in public opinion towards W.

I am not convinced the republicans will win enough house eletions to unseat madame pelosi, and more unlikely that they'll take the senate. However, I am convinced that Obama has had his last Supreme Court justice confirmed, and will no longer be able to count on olympia snowe, lindsey graham to gain "bipartisan support" for his agenda driven policies. Obama's dreams will die on the vine.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Wednesday, October 06, 2010 4:28 AM on j-body.org
hard to say what will happen. i'll wait till the votes are counted rather then blanketly saying which side lost. there are allot of factors. allot such as allot of people who came out of the woodwork to vote obama in becoming dissalusioned because the world didnt suddenly become a better place after election. those type people might not even bother coming out this time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, October 06, 2010 6:21 AM on j-body.org
Kevin Trudeau wrote:
Quote:

Most of the people know that? How's that? Despite W's spending spree and the iraq/afghan war, it was something else that caused the sudden shift in public opinion towards W.

Well, in the first place, he was elected. That was the first example of a majority, or "most".

As for today, two years later: I still believe that the majority (most) of the public understand that the nation's economic ills were not caused by the current administration, no matter what Tea Party and other alleged "patriots" (I just have to giggle every time I see them prostitute that word, lol!) have doped themselves into believing. Fortunately, these extremists remain a minority, highly vocal but not powerful enough to subvert the wishes of the majority (another "most" ). As I predicted, these extremist interests have ripped away the GOP's much-ballyhooed (but now apparently failed) attempt to wrest back control of Congress.

The majority has spoken, and will speak again at the polls...all projections are for the GOP to not regain control of Congress. That's all the proof of "most" that you will ever need.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, October 06, 2010 7:36 AM

Thursday, October 07, 2010 5:02 AM on j-body.org
ehhh. as said above most presidents if not all presidents approval ratings drop. its because there are allot of ignorant people that blindly believe someone will get elected and wave a magical wand over all there problems and all will be fixed. as for placing the blame. the seating president always gets the blame wether its his mess or someone elses. no diffrent then when the econemy was tanking with bush first got into office there were people on here blaming bush for the bad econemy a month after he first went into office. i asked her why she felt that way and she said just because its him in office. that was her reasoning for the econemy crashing. when your the man at the top your going to get the blame.

Friday, October 08, 2010 7:19 PM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:I'm on MY side.

what more really needs be said?

i think members of each party see problems within their own parties these days (probly any days for that matter). so why bother choosing one?

Sunday, October 10, 2010 7:34 PM on j-body.org
blucavvy wrote:

i think members of each party see problems within their own parties these days (probly any days for that matter). so why bother choosing one?

I think at the end of the day, there's not much difference between a republican or democrat

so come on...we really wanted to see the first black African American win the presidential election world wide!!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 9:27 AM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:
blucavvy wrote:

I think at the end of the day, there's not much difference between a republican or democrat

so come on...we really wanted to see the first black African American win the presidential election world wide!!

Well said. Although those who suffer from ideological and/or racial hatred are loathe to admit it, the USA made leaps and bounds in the opinions of the world when this event occurred. For those who are unable and/or unwilling to see past our borders, this may not have much import. That is their burden, to not understand. However, as the perceptions of the world do indeed have quite an effect on our nation's future and our prosperity, I say it was a badly needed shot-in-the-arm. Thank God for this wonderful effect of the Obama victory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, October 12, 2010 9:42 AM

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 3:03 AM on j-body.org
Kevin Trudeau wrote:
Quote:

Well, in the first place, he was elected. That was the first example of a majority, or "most".

As for today, two years later: I still believe that the majority (most) of the public understand that the nation's economic ills were not caused by the current administration, no matter what Tea Party and other alleged "patriots" (I just have to giggle every time I see them prostitute that word, lol!) have doped themselves into believing. Fortunately, these extremists remain a minority, highly vocal but not powerful enough to subvert the wishes of the majority (another "most" ). As I predicted, these extremist interests have ripped away the GOP's much-ballyhooed (but now apparently failed) attempt to wrest back control of Congress.

The majority has spoken, and will speak again at the polls...all projections are for the GOP to not regain control of Congress. That's all the proof of "most" that you will ever need.

Tee hee

How's the crow tasting this morning Bill? DEAD WRONG

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 4:28 AM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:November's gonna suck for you
6 Senate seats, 60 House seats, and 8 gubernatorial seats. Do you have the sack to man up and admit you were wrong?

Not that my happiness was dependent on an election to begin with, but since you made the statement, I'm slightly curious to see your reaction.

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 6:46 AM on j-body.org
All I hear are crickets chirping in the dead of night.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Friday, November 05, 2010 9:30 AM on j-body.org
Hey, was out of town for a week, and am back now (y'all really should follow me on Facebook like my other fans do, lol!)

Frankly, the seismic shift that the extreme right predicted and/or hoped for did not occur, so no...no crow eating to speak of. Before it became apparent that they could not pull it off, Republicans had predicted full control of Congress. Now, they've achieved half of that goal. In most standards of accomplishment, 50% rates an "F". However, the Republican party did make progress, and with many moderate candidates, which I applaud. A number of extreme rightwingers were defeated, which I also applaud.

The extreme righties may feel that the moderate Republicans who were elected are a victory they can share in...and they are mistaken. In reality, this is a victory shared instead by moderate American voters like myself who have primarily aligned themselves with the Republican party. Extremists may "claim" it, but moderates came out on top, and thank God. I know many who swing hard right were hoping for so much more, so yes...it still sucks for the extreme right to to fall so far short of their expectations. It was not the outcome they wished for. As an aside, at no time did I say the outcome would be an utter GOP stall.

That being said, I am not displeased. With any luck, the fact that the House is now in Republican hands (an outcome we all knew was practically assured prior to the election) may actually lead to something other than constant bickering, and some real consensus can finally be reached. Of course, this is not assured, but at least now it has a working chance, whereas before it was hopelessly lost in rhetoric that was, at times, completely ridiculous.

I still have very little faith in the current two-party system, for it promotes divisiveness and indecision. The outcomes of the last two elections are ample proof. The electorate appears to be utterly confused. They voted for hope and change in 2008, and when the new guys could not change things fast enough, they did exactly the same thing again in 2010. It's a repeating pattern that leaves little room for any actual change to occur, and mostly just fuels more partisanship. With a more balanced Congress, I would hope that we can achieve some results now, and can get down to the hard work of making improvements that are not based on party catchphrases but on real cooperation...but forgive me if I remain cynical!

As per my forum name, is the Republican party now on firmer ground, and in more moderate hands now? I sincerely hope so. Time will tell. I'm hopeful, but cautious, and really pray that the extremism can take a back seat to real cooperation.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edited Friday, November 05, 2010 10:16 AM

Friday, November 05, 2010 2:49 PM on j-body.org
LOL. How predictable. More feeble attempts at diminishing something from the org's nay-sayer.
You're simply unable to admit to yourself that you can be wrong, and be so far off from reality.

They achieved far more than you are willing to give credit for. This was a gain of more seats than 94, and out of all the congressional Tea Party candidates, two were defeated. Many won, and some with zero support from the GOP itself, in spite of them being nominated by the voters.You're also forgetting that close to 700 state level seats were turned over from Dem to Republican. Some of these states have been under Democratic control for decades.

If you don't think that it was a major sweep, the likes of which we haven't seen in a very, very long time, you're simply allowing yourself to be blind to what's going on. Also, this is not the same mentallity as 2008, and the people have not voted out the Democrats because they don't feel enough change happened, they voted them out because it wasn't the change that was promised, it was a change that the majority of Americans don't want. You try to downplay the polls, and are constantly clamoring to call the conservatives extremist, but the bottom line is that more "moderate" republicans lost this year than conservative ones. Make no mistake, you're not seeing the GOP move to the middle, it's getting back to the principles it abandoned over the last decade. Being the party of "me-too" and over compromising, trying to pander to the left, is why they lost.

Now, what remains to be seen is if they will follow through on their promises. If they do not, this was all for naught. If they do, 2012 will move us even further back to theprinciples this country was founded on (you know, those you like to call extreme--LOL).

Friday, November 05, 2010 3:17 PM on j-body.org
No, you may wish to dance on a perceived "victory" over me, but I think everything I've said runs true to my original statements. Sure, I may have expressed more vitriol then, lol...but as I've mentioned all along, moderate republican victories are what I've desired. It's this extremist "patriot" stuff you spew without compromise that so many of us in the middle find offensive, and counterproductive.

You are incorrect...I give good credit! Read my post again, but as an outsider this time, not as someone with blood in his eyes. Sure, I may give credit to less wingnutty effects and outcomes than YOU do, but that's your problem in perception, not mine. I believe my views to be more representative of the average American than yours are. If you continue to perceive me as a leftist, you continue to miss the point. I don't blindly cheerlead the current administration. I merely try to not view it only through an extreme-right lens.

I don't agree that more moderates lost than ultra-cons. I don't think you can prove that point.

Your closing comment about "patriotic principles" is typical, and typically self-serving, but alas...to be expected. I still find such claims disingenuous, and feel they are an attempt to hijack people's minds and national pride to serve a political purpose. Shame on you for being that manipulative.

I too hope that the changes wrought by this election can be evident by 2012. I doubt that they can be, however...I remain pessimistic about the long-term damage done to the nation over the previous decade. As this damage took much longer than two years to create, so it will take much longer than two years to correct. If the voters remain as fickle and easily led as they've proven themselves to be in these last two elections, then miracles need to occur or the bloodlust to "toss the bums out" will continue. I'm no fan of contonuous incumbency, but if the electorate doesn't develop a spine, and stick to something for more than one two-year congressional term, then this will be a game of eternal Pong...a game we will ALL lose.

Friday, November 05, 2010 3:57 PM on j-body.org
LowFire wrote:
Kevin Trudeau wrote:
Quote:

Tee hee

How's the crow tasting this morning Bill? DEAD WRONG

Tee hee indeed.

As I and the polls projected, the GOP did not regain control of Congress. They share it with The Democrats now, each with one house. You do know how that works, right?

Friday, November 05, 2010 6:19 PM on j-body.org
Let's put this into perspective:

Senate: 6 seats gained, zero lost
House: 66 seats gained, 3 lost
Governorships: 11 gained, 3 lost
State legislative positions; 680 seats net gain (can't seem to find the total win/loss numbers, but with this size net gain, it's pretty much irrelevant)

They have a majority in the House, and it's close to even in the Senate.
They now have control of both houses in 26 states, and governerships in 30 states (they have all three in 16 states)

The last election that even came close to this kind of sweep was in the 70's, when the Democrats took something like 625 seats from state legislatures after the Watergate scandal. In spite of not gaining a majority in both houses of Congress, this election dwarfed the 94 mid-terms, when the GOP gained only 54 total seats in Congress, and 470 state level seats.

But yeah, it's not much. Just read all the liberal media headlines about how disappointing the outcome of the election is for the GOP. In the same fashion you nay-say everything, they focus on the 4 seats they didn't win out of the 757 that they gained. Can you wrap your thick head around that one?
Man, you're hilarious.

By the way, setting aside the foolish attempt of Bill to explain how he wasn't wrong, this speech is something everyone should see (embedding is disabled, otherwise I'd have done so). Now, as with all elected officials, I hope to see him stick by what he says, but as he states himself, too often those we elect, even with the best intentions, tend to go to Washington with strong principles, and leave with none. Hopefully the latest batch of Freshmen can give each other the strength to stay on course.

Friday, November 05, 2010 6:31 PM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:As I and the polls projected, the GOP did not regain control of Congress. They share it with The Democrats now, each with one house. You do know how that works, right?
I almost forgot, you so quickly forget your own words, even when they're posted on the very same page. You did not predict that they would not regain control, you predicted that the Democrats would retain control. You merely mentioned that the projections were that the GOP wouldn't gain it. Now I'm sure you're going to call this splitting hairs, but I would bet on most people around here seeing right through any attempt at back pedaling from this one. You predicted and you were wrong.

To quote McCain's concession speech in 08, "the American people have spoken, and they have spoken clearly." Make no mistake about it, this was a clear shot across the bow to the radical liberal agenda that's been pushed over the last two years in an opportunistic fashion at the expense of the millions of people who want nothing more than the chance to rebuild their lives, rather than seeing everything they worked for flushed down the sh!tter so that they can live on meager government hand-outs.

Saturday, November 06, 2010 9:17 AM on j-body.org
No, I predicted that the Republicans would not be able to gain both houses due to extremist mistakes like Christine O'Connell. THAT has been my point all along, that the Republicans could have made even greater gains if only the extremist voices were softer. This has been and remains my contention, and the results bear my opinion out. The Republican party could well have taken control of BOTH houses of Congress right now had it not embraced extremist views quite so much.

I know you are euphoric over the gains, and rightly so, even though they fall short of what was desired for the GOP. Whether you are capable of realizing it or not, I am also happy at the result, for it not only better balances the Congress and strengthens the GOP, it also supports my contention that extremist voices are causing damage. Additionally, the pendulum inevitably swings back and forth. Probably due to the gushing embrace of Obama in the 2008 election, more Dems got elected on his coattails via straight party ticket ballots cast. So, we now see the inevitable correction. This is a good thing, for as I've ALSO noted all along, a drastically weakened Republican party is not good for the nation.

Is this election result the sign of a huge actual shift? I remain skeptical, for even with this correction, things are still pretty evenly split. Even now, the Democrats still hold most of the cards, as they control both the White House and one of the two houses of Congress.

As to the governors races: You are most premature in your accounting of 20 and 30 governors, for two races remain unsettled, and one just was settled. Minnesota and Connecticut are likely to swing Dem before this is over, and Illinois only just now announced it will retain its Dem governor Quinn in what proved to be a very close race. This hilarious putz was Blagoyevich's lieutenant governor, and inherited the post when Blago was deposed. He's lucky to have even gotten the nod, much less to have won. With Chicago (which controls Illinois politics) being a Dem stronghold, even this lackey proved electable.

Even if we do end up with 20 states with Dem governors and 30 with GOP, this is also not unusual. It is also historically consistent, for most of the Democratic voter base is concentrated in the large metro areas (such as Chicago, see above) in a small number of states. Indeed, the bulk of States themselves have tended to swing right, but the bulk of actual population does not. This is explainable by the fact that many states have very small rural populations (i.e.: Idaho, the Dakotas, Alaska, et al). Do yourself a sobering favor...check the populations and demographics of the individual states, and see for yourself. 30 of 50 states does not a true majority make.

Once the governor's races are all actually complete, we'll revisit your contention of 20 and 30 and see if it holds true.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edited Saturday, November 06, 2010 6:03 PM

Saturday, November 06, 2010 7:23 PM on j-body.org
Bill, could you specify exactly which extremist views of the right, that you keep talking about. Not a mindset, I want to know what views/issues they were espousing, that you deem extremist.

/

Sunday, November 07, 2010 4:32 AM on j-body.org
The Tea Party is an effective example of the extreme right agenda. I'm confident you're familiar with that set of views.

Please bear in mind the effective meaning of the term "extreme". It is not used as an epithet, or an insult. It is an adjective that, when used in terms of political description, indicates something well to the right or left of center. In between the extreme edges and the actual center are many shades of right or left leaning.

You may not perceive it as such, but I am a right-leaning centrist (or moderate). I am troubled by the extreme right movement.

Sunday, November 07, 2010 5:49 AM on j-body.org
Bill will never answer these type specific questions. I've asked him many times, and his only answer as to what makes someone extreme is that they associate or agree with someone else who is extreme. (or my absolute favorite one: "how can you not think this person is extreme?") It's a prime example of how hollow his arrogant pontifications are.

Sorry Bill, but you continue to prove over and over that you're full of empty generalizations and have nothing better to do than nay-say those of us who actually are able to articulate a position with reason and fact. Cry all you will about your so-called pragmatism, but you're quite transparent to the intelligent around here.

Sunday, November 07, 2010 9:27 AM on j-body.org
Such is your opinion, and you are entitled to it, no matter how misguided I may find it to be. I made thoughtful, considered replies here, and you just relentlessly attack. So allow me to lower myself to wallow in the muck you clearly prefer over honest dialogue:

Your alleged "facts" are little more than party platforms you gobble up and spew forth like manna from heaven. Additonally, you are not an "us"...you are a "you".

As for "proving" anything, all YOU prove is your utter inflexibility when I ask for compromise and open-mindedness during these times of dire need for our nation. You will continue to never consider what might be achieved if you didn't just goose-step to the beat of those who have you firmly in their grasp. May God have mercy, and not allow our nation to be consumed by your ilk.

Sunday, November 07, 2010 12:33 PM on j-body.org
LOL. Bill, you have never asked for open-mindedness. You have merely played the "no-sir" game with anything I've ever said. If there is any close-mindedness here, it would be you and your endless nay-saying. Try actually making a thoughtful post with some ideas in it once in a while, rather than simple telling everyone with an idea that they're wrong, or extreme.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search