Right-Wing Extremism shoots GOP in the foot - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Right-Wing Extremism shoots GOP in the foot
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:00 AM on j-body.org
I've warned of this for some time now...

Voters Essentially Ensure GOP will not regain Senate control

And it starts. Tea-baggers split the already fractious Republican voter base into separate camps, and in doing so, have hurt the overall cause of the GOP. How the party's leaders could be so unaware of the big picture, and not realize that moderates were not only the base that voted Obama into office, they will now ensure that extremists like O-Connell do not get elected...it's as if there is no leadership at all in the GOP.

Oh well...at least y'all still got Fox News!

Re: Right-Wing Extremism shoots GOP in the foot
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 10:24 AM on j-body.org
so "if" you have the tea party as a" legitimate" group. and i think we all agree they are fartherst to the right, you have the democrats that lean to the left. does this mean republicans are now in the middle lol.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 11:30 AM on j-body.org
The "tea party" movement are Republicans, and that's the elementary issue...by swinging so hard to the right, they are splitting the republican party's votes, for not all Republicans (such as myself) subscribe to their radicality or will vote for their candidates. Thereby, they are diluting the party's potential strength in November's polls.

Not to be a jerk, but I suggest you review the article again, and I daresay you'll see this point in more detail. By putting up radical tea-party candidates for November's election, the GOP is essentially ensuring their own losses in many instances.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 3:56 PM on j-body.org
There is always room in the "Independent" camp Bill.
I hear exactly what you're saying though, any extremism, whether left or right is never any good and just a recipe for disaster.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:29 PM on j-body.org
youre both fools in your beliefs on this one. i will let november speak for itself.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:32 AM on j-body.org
Yes, let November speak for itself, never mind that the Republican National Committee agrees with what I am saying and is already throwing in the towel for regaining control of the Senate.

I could not agree with you more...they are fools too, but in this case, they are right. O'Donnell essentially nailed that coffin shut...she's virtually unelectable in Delaware.

FOX News need not care...their personalities are not elected by the people, but by their viewers' choices in ratings, and the advertising revenue thus generated. Apparently,as the ONLY right-wing extremist "News Channel", they have all the viewers they need to keep those ad revenues high. Try to forget that, while you lap up the gruel they feed you, they are doing it strictly for profit, and don't actually care a WHIT about the nation's real destiny. Inconvenient facts like that need not invade your thought processes; after all, you have spoon-fed extremist agendas to concern yourself with!

Thursday, September 16, 2010 5:49 AM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:The "tea party" movement are Republicans, and that's the elementary issue...by swinging so hard to the right, they are splitting the republican party's votes, for not all Republicans (such as myself) subscribe to their radicality or will vote for their candidates. Thereby, they are diluting the party's potential strength in November's polls.

Not to be a jerk, but I suggest you review the article again, and I daresay you'll see this point in more detail. By putting up radical tea-party candidates for November's election, the GOP is essentially ensuring their own losses in many instances.

oh i know exactly what the article was talking about. my responce was just a tounge in cheek responce. i read an article a few weeks back about a republican somewhere that had went out and got a few homeless to run for the office as democrtas to do the exact same thing, to try and split up the democrats votes among several candidates. same thing that would happen here.

i'd actually love for another movement to come out of the wood work and make a stand and maybe people will realise that it doesnt have to be a republican or a democrat, that there can be another party involved.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, September 16, 2010 7:17 AM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:... the Republican National Committee agrees with what I am saying and is already throwing in the towel
This would be part of the problem. Regardless of policies, or desire to regain control, they are distancing themselves from their own nominated candidate right after the primary. It may be financial triage for them, but when a party says they won't put any money into a campaign for someone who just one their primary, it's just going to bolster the strength of the opposition. It becomes sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy in that way.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 8:29 AM on j-body.org
The RNC have finally seen the forest for the trees. Thank GOD they've started to push back against the extremism that threatens their long-term viability.

Perhaps there now WILL be hope for the Republican Party after all. I respect and admire their willingness to understand the Big Picture in this instance!

Thursday, September 16, 2010 8:59 AM on j-body.org
So Bill, which of Christine O'Donnell's policies do you see as extreme? In all your posts claiming right-wing extremism, you've still never defined it, so here's a good chance: show us what policies she has that are extreme, and not that you're simply labeling her as extreme because she's backed by the tea party movement.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 9:14 AM on j-body.org
Are you f-ing SERIOUS?

Are you really trying to promote a notion that anyone backed by the Tea Party movement could somehow NOT be extreme right wing? How can you even suggest something that preposterous?

Thursday, September 16, 2010 9:23 AM on j-body.org

And there's the answer: you don't know her policies, you're just labeling based on association and hear-say. Absolutely hilarious coming from someone who constantly suggests that anyone who holds views to their right is just getting their information from "their handlers".

Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:21 AM on j-body.org
Well, let's face it...it's not a stretch here. You may presume to know what I know about O'Donnell's policies, but you do not. Needless to say, you cannot.

However, no matter what, if she was promoted by the Tea Party, it's ludicrous to even suggest that her policies deviate from theirs. That's just plain common sense. I know this, YOU know this, and by all conceivable and logical measure, the RNC also knows this. You're being playful, and disingenuous to boot, but it's an illogical and strictly diversionary tack, so it's easily dismissed.

I see this tactic as an attempt to un-focus this thread from its actual intention. I deem it unsuccessful.

So, back on target, to all...is this the beginning of what I've predicted for some time now, that the RNC needs to distance itself from right-wing extremismif it is to achieve its overall goals? The RNC sure seems to have begun to think so, how about the rest of you?

P.S.: Quik, you're gonna squirm like hell, but you know as well as I do...THIS is the smoking gun I've warned about for some time. You may wish it never happened, but it did, and it validates me immensely. You're going to need WAY more than verbal sleight-of-hand and "statistics" to overcome THIS bombshell.

Friday, September 17, 2010 5:36 AM on j-body.org
No, I made my point first about where I see the problem here. When the party backs away from someone who was just nominated, they obviously are hindering that candidate immediately. This has been the problem with the GOP for the past 4-6 years. They allowed themselves to fall apart. It is one thing to fight during a primary, but come general election time, you get behind each other. Allowing the division simply weakens the party.

However, I have repeatedly asked you to define what you think is extremism, especially when you applied it to me, and you have never done so. You have applied it constantly by association, with no specificity. You call the Tea Party extreme, so O'Donnell is extreme because she's associated with it. It's not diversionary, it's part of the discussion. This is just another example of how you use generalizations and think you're making a point. You say I presume to know what you know, but when I asked you the question, you answered with nothing. Yes, I set you up, but you could have simply answered the question and the statement that you don't know her policies wouldn't have been made. Don't whine after you drop the ball.

Friday, September 17, 2010 6:57 AM on j-body.org
Not whining, but still dumbfounded...are you really asserting that defining Right-Wing Extremism is neccesary?

In my memory, there's never been a group more apt to wear its heart on its sleeve...they are a walking, talking, breathing DEFINITION of themselves, and also unafraid to be labeled or associated with any number of related extremist groups. Frankly, they come off as rather politically inept in finding broader consensus, or veiling their actual motives to attract more people to their cause. While I admire such boisterous, flagrant individualism, I simultaneously question its usefulness, and state unequivocally that the large bird created by such has truly come home to roost now.

In any case, I still dismiss this tactic as a way to throw this thread off-topic. You want to discuss the definition of Right Wing Extremism, you have a perfect mechanism...start a thread to do so. THIS thread is about the results of that extremism, and how said results are manifesting the very issue I've warned about for some time...the unfortunate fracturing of the Republican party into smaller sections at a time when it can ill afford to not have complete solidarity.

Anyone willing to discuss the thread topic is welcome to my audience and participation. Quik, I'll see you on another thread you can start to discuss YOUR topic.

Friday, September 17, 2010 10:19 AM on j-body.org
still waiting to hear what views she has that are considered extreme..... the tea party is not a viable answer in this case.....

Friday, September 17, 2010 11:06 AM on j-body.org
Still waiting...what am I, freaking UPI?

Go find out yourself if you're interested in knowing. News services accept it as fact, your very own RNC accepts it as fact, I accept it as fact, apparently the voters of Delaware are about to accept it as fact...and none of us could care ANY less if you choose to stay under your rock and stamp your foot insisting someone show YOU why.

Get off your ass and research the candidate like I did...find out WHY she's being referred to this way. After you do so, please attempt to refute what you find, and do so right here if you like. I'll be waiting...to engage you, not to do your research for you.

Friday, September 17, 2010 12:47 PM on j-body.org
Damage control is now in full-bloom:
RNC removes foot from mouth, reverses earlier disappointment

But in the meantime, Karl Rove could not resist taking his shots:
Rove lights into O'Donnell

Saturday, September 18, 2010 6:28 AM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Damage control is now in full-bloom:
RNC removes foot from mouth, reverses earlier disappointment
From the original article posted in this thread:
Quote:

"It's hard to see a path for us," one senior Republican official, who declined to be named while discussing party strategy, told The Upshot....but a GOP official told Fox News the party has no plans of putting money into the race.
From the statements I've read, it doesn't appear to be damage control, but a matter of someone speaking out of line. It could have been as simple as a discussion prior to the results being in that they may not want to spend the money on her campaign, and this official who didn't want to be named just took it upon himself to tell someone in the media. If you can show that the RNC actually made an official statement of any kind that they wouldn't support them, then you have a case that they are reversing their decision. Otherwise, an unnamed source saying it doesn't amount to sh!t.

Quote:

But in the meantime, Karl Rove could not resist taking his shots:
Rove lights into O'Donnell
I saw that interview Malkin writes about. If you clicked any of the links in the original article you posted, you would have seen that it was up there. IMO, Rove was being a fool. Clearly he was caught off guard by the win, and his knee-jerk reaction is to play politics.

Monday, September 20, 2010 9:15 AM on j-body.org
Here's an interesting look at the current challenges facing Republicans and the Tea Party contingent:

How will Tea Party-backed candidates play out in the GOP big picture?

The autor, Nate Silver, has done an interesting job of covering the political beat on his own blog FiveThirtyEight, and has been retained by the NY Times along with his blog, which is being folded-in to The Times as well.

He's a firm believer in statistics, whcih should please some of the regulars here

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search