Has the Mosque Debate in NY Spread to the Nation? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Has the Mosque Debate in NY Spread to the Nation?
Tuesday, August 31, 2010 6:33 AM on j-body.org
Fire at site of future Tenn. mosque troubles city

In a Saturday, Aug. 28. 2010 photo, Rutherford County Sheriff's Office and ATF investigators examine equipment damaged in a fire at the future site of AP – In a Saturday, Aug. 28. 2010 photo, Rutherford County Sheriff's Office and ATF investigators examine …

By LUCAS L. JOHNSON II and TRAVIS LOLLER, Associated Press Writers Lucas L. Johnson Ii And Travis Loller, Associated Press Writers – Mon Aug 30, 6:32 pm ET

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – A suspicious fire that damaged construction equipment at the site of a future mosque in Tennessee has some local Muslims worried that their project has been dragged into the national debate surrounding Manhattan's ground zero.

Authorities told leaders of the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro that four pieces of heavy construction equipment on the site were doused with an accelerant and one set ablaze early Saturday morning. The site is now being patrolled at all hours by the sheriff's department.

Link

Your thoughts.

Re: Has the Mosque Debate in NY Spread to the Nation?
Tuesday, August 31, 2010 6:39 AM on j-body.org
Hmm a little early, poor choice in title my bad. You know what I mean.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 8:11 AM on j-body.org
its election season. wait til after november and no one will care

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 9:24 AM on j-body.org

(tabs) wrote:its election season. wait til after november and no one will care

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:33 AM on j-body.org
Maybe somebody watched this clip and lost their mind.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-august-25-2010/tennessee-no-evil
Tuesday, August 31, 2010 1:59 PM on j-body.org
Must have been some jealous racist bigot .

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved Acts 16:31

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Tuesday, August 31, 2010 11:24 PM on j-body.org
Wouldn't this be a act of terrorism?

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Wednesday, September 01, 2010 3:36 AM on j-body.org
Let me apply this mindset to some other scenarios, and see how it holds up:

The KKK is a group of militant, radical, extremists who also happen to be Christian. Therefore, I should hate all Christians, and oppose the construction of all churches, especially those proposed near sites where the KKK have committed acts of terrorism and killed black people.

The Nazis were a group that were comprised of primarily Christians. Therefore, I should hate all Christians, and oppose the construction of all churches, especially those proposed near sites where the Nazis have committed acts of terrorism and killed Jewish people.

I get it now! It's so easy to hate using this formula. Why, it simplifies things down to a level even a dolt like me can understand.

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 5:04 AM on j-body.org
i think you got the jist of it bill. its great because it works on every angle. if you wear a trenchcoat you are a part of the trenchcoat mafia and will kill kids in schools. you just find something that some wacko wears or does or is affilliated with and just assume that is your point of evil. works all the time

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, September 01, 2010 7:14 AM on j-body.org
People protesting mosques is nothing new. Americans have protested the building of new mosques in every state in the country since 2001. It's just that the NYC one is more publicized than the others.

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 10:16 AM on j-body.org
your right, but once it starts turning into arson, its getting waaay out of hand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 10:41 AM on j-body.org
I'm not saying it isn't, this is just another inch closer to full blown racial genocide. I'm legitimately concerned that if the mosque is built someone WILL blow that @!#$ up.

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 12:19 PM on j-body.org
Yea thats my whole point. There has been protesting and violence but it seems like all this media hype is making things go to another level. I too would be concerned if it was indeed built. With people now-a-days I could see someone doing something violent. Then if that happened what would be the retaliation then where would it stop.

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 12:38 PM on j-body.org
An interesting article on advertisements released today to try and show people they are American-Muslims and not the extremists.

Here

Also it mentions that there is a large group of people planning to burn Korans in FL on 9/11 I didn't even hear anything about it.

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 1:46 PM on j-body.org
just kills me at the stupidity, people are screaming these guys are terrorists and we need to protect ourselves and then go right out and do to the muslims what they claim is such a horrible thing. pot meet kettle.

Thursday, September 02, 2010 3:25 AM on j-body.org
Apparently, it's only a problem to burn property, endanger lives, and blow things up if you are an Arab / middle Easterner / Muslim / etc.
Everyone else gets to do it without any repercussions.

Didn't you know that, Jason?

Thursday, September 02, 2010 5:55 AM on j-body.org
Don't burn someone else's property. However, if some people want to pile up a bunch of Q
ruans, dump pig @!#$tt on them, then set them on fire.....hey, as long as they have a bonfire permit, go ahead.

The practices of the Klan and the Nazi party are not condoned, encouraged, or commanded in the Bible.
The practices of radical Islam, are commanded I. The Q'ran.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Thursday, September 02, 2010 12:14 PM on j-body.org
My good man, you are a victim of Radical Interpretationists. This is a knife that cuts both ways, if one is objective enough to look at it both ways.

I can show you Bible passages that would curl your toenails. Condemning the entire Islamic religion over violent Quran quotes is ridiculous. Your religious hatred is showing.

Thursday, September 02, 2010 9:33 PM on j-body.org
But-but-but, don't you know... according to Scotty, the only terrorists in the world are Muslims.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Saturday, September 04, 2010 7:44 PM on j-body.org
Bill, you could take passages from the old testament (the parts about the Hebrews wiping out Cannan of the various "ites" that were living there....twist them out of context, and make it sound like Jesus commands his followers to purify the land of the infidels.

So, nice try, but you aint backing up your claim from the sermon on the mount, although, you might get creative with some prophecies in Revelation....

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Sunday, September 05, 2010 6:09 AM on j-body.org
Thank you for agreeing. "Pull quotes" from the Bible are just as effective in Islamic radical extremist teachings as Koranic quotes are in yours.

No one in their right mind would suggest that there isn't a violent undertone in extreme Islamic activity today, as there has been fro centuries. Yet, to condemn the entire Islamic population of the world over this is just as extreme as the hatred you allege to combat. You say it's fighting fire with fire...I say it's creating hatred to counter hatred. Hatred vs. hatred has but one sure outcome: pain and death. It is not an effective solution for those truly committed to finding real solutions.

Flip it all around, and I am sure right-wing extremist conservative Islamists (yes, they are your counterparts on the other side of the coin) have no shortage of "evidence" to show how Christians and Jews are violent groups hell bent on world domination and elimination of other faiths. Were I interested in doing so, I could even feed them a few apt examples, but I am sure they've already found them all themselves. Folks like you are just one example.

Monday, September 06, 2010 12:04 PM on j-body.org
Kevin Trudeau wrote:Bill, you could take passages from the old testament (the parts about the Hebrews wiping out Cannan of the various "ites" that were living there....twist them out of context, and make it sound like Jesus commands his followers to purify the land of the infidels.

So, nice try, but you aint backing up your claim from the sermon on the mount, although, you might get creative with some prophecies in Revelation....
I think you get it, but doesn't realize you get it. Trade the Bible for the Koran in what you are saying - there you are.

I might take this point to mention many Atheists do exactly the same thing to the Bible and Christians that many do to the Koran and Muslims.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search