I heard this on the radio this morning... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I heard this on the radio this morning...
Thursday, August 26, 2010 6:00 PM on gmdelta.com
... i work for a Hyundai Dealer. This one particular customer had an R&B station on in their car, so i listened to it while i pulled their car in (since we can't mess with customer's radios)

the lady talking on the morning show said this: "I cannot tell you how seriously offended i am with Glenn Beck reserving the Lincoln Memorial for the MLK anniversary." After a couple minutes of ridiculing Glenn Beck, she then said "I dunno why he's doing this, i'm not sure what his program is going to be for it, and i don't have the details."

So basically she was talking @!#$, without even researching what she was talking @!#$ about. it honestly sounded to me that she meant "I don't like what Glenn Beck is doing because he is White" ... and this was on a nationally syndicated morning show.

She continued immediately after stating that she has no clue about glenn beck with "But this is why i am angry, we establish all these things after tragedies happen, like Aid efforts for Katrina. Why can't we have these things established before bad things happen." Sounds good, but what does that have to do with Glenn Beck.

Finally she ended her rant preaching that the FCC should have regulated the internet better than allowing some guy to dance around naked.

HELLO the FCC does not regulate the internet...

So this was the Tom Joiner Morning Show...

Now on this same station, but with their own DJs, a few months ago the host mentioned the bill Arizona was trying to pass about illegal immigration. After describing the bill, he said: "Seriously Arizona, Barrack won, let it go already. McCain you lost." This guy couldn't come up with a constructive complaint, so he decided to say on the radio that Arizona only cares about illegal immigration because Obama won. HELLO, its not all about obama.

It was this guy: http://www.1053kiss.com/pages/djbigdose.html

/Rant ... --- There are simply too many stupid people out there with access to broadcast on the radio...

Re: I heard this on the radio this morning...
Friday, August 27, 2010 11:05 AM on j-body.org
So, they're playing to their audience. How is that different than what the other side is doing? I turn on the right-wing radio shows here in AZ every once in a while, and there are all kinds of ridiculous rhetoric being spewed by callers, and the hosts usually just go along with it.
Bottom line is that they're not out to help and inform; they're out to make money (it's just business).

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Friday, August 27, 2010 12:38 PM on j-body.org
controversiers like that draw people in,,, draws in the people who go along with them, and it draws in the peole who are angry and can't beleive someone is saying such and such, as notec said, its a business and most of those guys know a middle of the line calm going person wont draw in the ratings like people going on wild rants and pushing a nice agenda for people to join out of agreement, or call in to complain out of hate.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, August 27, 2010 7:03 PM on gmdelta.com
that makes sense ...

Saturday, August 28, 2010 10:42 AM on j-body.org
ive met a coule radio guys like this locally when i was in cincinnati, talk to them and there just normal as can be. get a mic in front of them and they turn the notch up max and let er rip. when all is said and done, its just a radio show. i think allot of people forget that.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, August 28, 2010 9:19 PM on j-body.org
what the op is pointing to is the uneducated opinions of the masses. if i understand correctly it is a frustration about people who do not really know what is going on and the people who allow the propagation of mis information. I hate the fact that stupid people are allowed to vote but hey thats what the NEA is producing so we have to deal with it. never mind their reading list for teachers is a bunch of marxist bs like Saul Alinsky
Link to the NEA recommended reading

Sunday, August 29, 2010 1:52 PM on j-body.org
^Funny you should say that. It looks like the trend of stupity will not be stopping any time soon.
http://www.geographic.org/country_ranks/educational_score_performance_country_ranks_2009_oecd.html

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Sunday, August 29, 2010 5:03 PM on j-body.org
Mike Demo wrote:what the op is pointing to is the uneducated opinions of the masses. if i understand correctly it is a frustration about people who do not really know what is going on and the people who allow the propagation of mis information. I hate the fact that stupid people are allowed to vote but hey thats what the NEA is producing so we have to deal with it. never mind their reading list for teachers is a bunch of marxist bs like Saul Alinsky
Link to the NEA recommended reading

THIS.

The sad part is that woman probably thought deep down that she was right. People are going to draw their own conclusions, much easier than doing the research and finding the truth. Truth is, most people can't handle the truth. The ones who strive to understand the truth have to deal with the overwhelming sense of helplessness we truly have, Thats pretty much where Im at. Our culture celebrates ignorance, and if anyone says otherwise, get a look at our sorry excuse for an education system. I can't shake the feeling that our future generations are headed into a battle they can't win. Our culture celebrates personal wealth and the individual, and this will be the end to all of us.

I know I might be a bit paranoid, but whats going to happen once the number of deadbeats and leeches outnumbers the people who understand that a self-serving attitude will get you nowhere? aka people with the desire to work, to help others and works for more than the paycheck?

damn, this is depressing. I'm making myself a drink.

Sunday, August 29, 2010 5:49 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:^Funny you should say that. It looks like the trend of stupity will not be stopping any time soon.
http://www.geographic.org/country_ranks/educational_score_performance_country_ranks_2009_oecd.html
This is what we get from the group who bitches about not getting a raise in a serious recession. If we were to pay for results, it looks like a large percentage of them would be working for minimum wage.

Sunday, August 29, 2010 6:37 PM on j-body.org
Just think,

They VOTE!

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search