So yeah, that illegal immigration stuff... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
So yeah, that illegal immigration stuff...
Thursday, May 20, 2010 9:14 AM on j-body.org
Got this from a co-worker:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgOHOHKBEqE
I'd like to focus on the first minute or so. Why is this the one time we want to be like Iran/N. Korea/China? We fault them for everything they do, look at their governments as extraordinarily corrupt, despise everything about their countries... BUT, when it comes to illegal immigration, all of a sudden it's "why can't we be like them?!? Shoot those #$^%#$%^&@ers!!!"

I don't understand this argument, but I'm assuming someone here can explain it to me...

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster

Re: So yeah, that illegal immigration stuff...
Thursday, May 20, 2010 5:46 PM on j-body.org
What part said we want to be like them? As far as I can see, he's simply saying we're the only country that doesn't enforce our borders in any way. Not only that, but we allow millions to become recipients of public assistance paid for by our taxes. Looks to me like that's the point of the song. I didn't get out of it that we should adopt other countries' way of enforcing the border, just that we should enforce the border.

Thursday, May 20, 2010 8:13 PM on j-body.org
are you seriously taking this to be a legitimate retort to the immigration debate? you realize this man's claim to fame was a song about streaking, right? and that as a comedian, hes allowed to be as absurd and illogical as he wants.

we're allowed to dislike these other countries or think theyre corrupt, but just because they are doesnt mean that everything about their systems are no good. taking such an obviously skewed generalization about a country is never a good idea, especially when youre doing it to just try and slant a view or prove a point.

if you want to get down to the root of what the sentiment is about, its just like quik said. its about us being one of the nicest and freest countries when it comes to treatment of illegals. while other countries will kill you or throw you in prison, we let them not only stay, but give them the means to stay and leech off of everyone else. yet despite that, people claim that we're being too hard on them by asking people and our government to ENFORCE OUR OWN LAWS. thats the stupidity that hes pointing out and making fun of. hes not saying we should kill people for crossing the border illegally.

Friday, May 21, 2010 4:38 AM on j-body.org
[its about us being one of the nicest and freest countries when it comes to treatment of illegals. while other countries will kill you or throw you in prison, we let them not only stay, but give them the means to stay and leech off of everyone else. yet despite that, people claim that we're being too hard on them by asking people and our government to ENFORCE OUR OWN LAWS/i]

+1

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, May 21, 2010 11:17 AM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:Got this from a co-worker:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgOHOHKBEqE
I'd like to focus on the first minute or so. Why is this the one time we want to be like Iran/N. Korea/China? We fault them for everything they do, look at their governments as extraordinarily corrupt, despise everything about their countries... BUT, when it comes to illegal immigration, all of a sudden it's "why can't we be like them?!? Shoot those #$^%#$%^&@ers!!!"

I don't understand this argument, but I'm assuming someone here can explain it to me...

It is called: convenient. In other words, "if it sounds good to me, I'll back it up" no matter where that philosophy came from.

I'll say this, like I said on the other thread. All of this BS is out so the politicians can align to their specific constituents and in the process gather "browny points" for a vote.
I won't even say "illegals" as that is just political correctness. Point blank, if the Central Americans knows that they can find work here as companies and businesses love cheap labor, for the obvious reasons, guarantee that they will come. Sure we can play "hot potato" between law enforcement and the Central Americans coming here, but if business is not thrown into this mix of trying to stop the problem, we will not see an end. The only outcome I can foresee is just lawsuits, unless there is immunity with in the new law.
But I don't expect politicians to come down on the businesses that hires these folks, mostly because "both are in bed together," and well... these businesses who are probably the most involved in this mess are probably financing the politicians for the next election or have real strong lobbying power.

Oh well.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Friday, May 21, 2010 1:28 PM on j-body.org
While I completely agree that businesses who hire these illegals need to be cracked down on, you are forgetting that there are still a number of them that cross the border and end up entitlement programs. That has nothing to do with businesses hiring anyone, it has to do with the fact that our system does a horsesh!t job of actually verifying such basic things as citizenship status before qualifying them for hand-outs.

Saturday, May 22, 2010 11:15 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:[its about us being one of the nicest and freest countries when it comes to treatment of illegals. while other countries will kill you or throw you in prison, we let them not only stay, but give them the means to stay and leech off of everyone else. yet despite that, people claim that we're being too hard on them by asking people and our government to ENFORCE OUR OWN LAWS/i]

+1

Closed borders and more qualification of status will starve the industry of these illegals. I know when I was in Reading PA 30% of the town was on the dole 1 in 3 for gods sake. that is not sustainable. Never mind they have kids by sophmore or junior year. Don't worry uncle santiago to the rescue *vomit*

Saturday, May 22, 2010 2:43 PM on j-body.org
i agree with you on your point as well goodwrench. business need to start cracking down and stop hiring illegals as well. if they can't find work 75% of them wont feel the need to come here illegally. theyll either stay home or come here legally so they can work. increase protection of the borders, crackdown bigtime on any business hiring illegals, and revamp the process to come into the country, all three things are needed if they want to make an actual impact.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search