Terrorist attacks IRS building - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Terrorist attacks IRS building
Thursday, March 11, 2010 11:00 AM on j-body.org
GT,
In short, It is a muslam that has made his\her trip (that is told in the kron must be done at least once in a life time) to mecca.
They really dont like being called that, from what PAO told me it is degrading.

As If we cared.

tried it?

Ever heard the phrase, you get more bee's with honey then vinegar?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:22 PM on j-body.org
^^TY

Would this guy blip your radar Scott if he passed infront of you?

Quote:

Al-Qaida suspect from US tricked his Yemeni guard

By AHMED AL-HAJ, Associated Press Writer Ahmed Al-haj, Associated Press Writer –
SAN'A, Yemen – An American al-Qaida suspect detained in Yemen fooled his hospital guards into unshackling him by asking to join them for prayers, security officials said Saturday. He then killed a guard who laid down his weapon as he went ahead at prayer time.
The new details of Sharif Mobley's failed escape attempt, obtained by The Associated Press, indicate the 26-year-old American of Somali descent has a level of training and cunning characteristic of the terror network.
The story of a young American Muslim drawn to Yemen, ostensibly to study Arabic, has once again demonstrated the reach of the country's year-old al-Qaida offshoot, which was behind the Christmas Day attempt to blow up an airliner as it approached Detroit. The suspect in that attack, a young Nigerian Muslim, went to Yemen and used Arabic study as a cover, Yemeni authorities have said.
Mobley had traveled to Yemen two years ago and was recently arrested there in a sweep that netted 10 other al-Qaida suspects.
Mobley made his bold escape attempt March 7 after being transferred from prison to a hospital in the capital, San'a, for medical treatment. He tried to shoot his way out of the hospital, killing one guard and seriously injuring another before being recaptured.
Two senior Yemeni officials involved in Mobley's case said he was being treated for complications from a metal rod implanted in his leg some time in the past. The prison doctor had asked to transfer him to the hospital where he stayed for a week.
The officials agreed to discuss details of Mobley's attempted escape on condition of anonymity because the investigation has not finished.
At the hospital, Mobley befriended his guards and asked them to teach him Arabic. He performed prayers and read the Quran with them.
Then a week ago, the officials said, Mobley asked his guard to unshackle him from his hospital bed at prayer time. The guard did and then went into a washroom ahead of Mobley to perform ritual ablutions required before the five daily prayers in Islam, leaving his gun unattended.
Mobley snatched the gun and shot the guard twice — first in the head, then in the chest — as he walked out of the washroom.
When a second guard outside heard the shots, he rushed in. Mobley shot him in the kidney and abdomen, leaving him in serious condition. Mobley was then chased around the hospital until he surrendered.
One of the senior officials said Mobley's targeting indicates he is highly trained in the use of firearms and criticized the negligence of the prison guards.
He also said Mobley had been in the high security intelligence prison after being detained a few months ago. That timeframe contradicted a statement by the Yemeni Embassy in Washington, which had said Mobley was detained earlier this month.
U.S. officials say Mobley had been a laborer at six U.S. nuclear power plants before traveling to Yemen. U.S. authorities are investigating whether he had access to sensitive information or materials that would be useful to terrorists.
He passed all necessary background checks for those jobs. On Saturday, U.S. Senator Charles Schumer called for a review of such background checks to see whether they need to be more thorough.
U.S. officials say Mobley traveled to Yemen with the goal of joining a terrorist group and that the U.S. government was aware of his potential extremist ties long before his arrest. The Yemeni officials said Mobley was not on Yemen's list of wanted militants.
U.S. intelligence officials have warned of the possibility that al-Qaida and other extremist movements overseas could be seeking to radicalize American Muslims and recruit them.
Mobley grew up in Buena, New Jersey. His parents said he is not a terrorist, though a former friend said Mobley was becoming increasingly radical in his Muslim beliefs before he moved to Yemen. His mother last spoke to him in January.
Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula, whose leadership includes Saudis and Yemenis, took root in Yemen a year ago, taking advantage of the impoverished country's chronic instability and finding shelter among sympathetic tribes who are hostile to the weak central government.
Under U.S. pressure and with the help of American aid, training and intelligence, Yemen's government has battled the al-Qaida militants. But its forces, which are also battling a separate rebel insurgency in the north of the country, are stretched thin.
Until December's failed airliner attack, the al-Qaida affiliate had only struck inside Yemen, including deadly bombings outside the U.S. Embassy.
On Friday, a Philadelphia imam, Anas Muhaimin, said he tried to discourage Mobley from traveling to Yemen because he believed the country was unsafe. Muhaimin said the young man attended prayer services occasionally, but hadn't been to the mosque in about three years.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100313/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_yemen_hospital_clash

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 7:11 PM on j-body.org
I would have to listen to his speech.

And do that bad profiling thing I went to school for...

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Thursday, March 18, 2010 7:24 PM on j-body.org
He's black.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Friday, March 19, 2010 10:05 AM on j-body.org
It's only the beginning. Violent extremism has taken root in America, and it's not a cancer we can just wish away.

Saturday, March 20, 2010 1:52 PM on j-body.org
Wishing things away would be the demo way though...

maybe we should just be nice to them hay?

ya, and we really made the hojies mad at us too..

LOL

Chris

Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:22 PM on j-body.org
Cool. I see your point...if the 'hojies' (whatever that means) are violent, so should we allow extreme right wingers to be. Sure, that makes sense...to an arms dealer, anyway.

Sunday, March 21, 2010 3:34 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:He's black.

INFIDEL wrote:Wishing things away would be the demo way though...

maybe we should just be nice to them hay?

ya, and we really made the hojies mad at us too..

LOL

Chris

Or here is a theory, why don't we just let them just be... let them be crude, let them not have democracy, let us not invade their territory for a commodity or interfear with their life? I mean it works for South/Central America, parts of Europe, Asia, Africa, right? I mean we don't see/hear terrorist attacks in Chile or Taiwan now do we?
Oh that's right, then people in your field would not have work to do. Oops, there goes the unemployment to 15-18%.

Sunday, March 21, 2010 4:33 PM on j-body.org
Ya,,,, that worked just well on 10SEP01..

Like it or not, they want what we have.

we did not start this sh!t, and we must not blame our selves as the ultra dem's think we should.

Chris

Sunday, March 21, 2010 4:56 PM on j-body.org
He does have a point, Chris. They won't need you for the menial details you've trained for if they have to lay you off due to reduced funding or lack of "work". *poof* goes the paycheck!

Sunday, March 21, 2010 8:03 PM on j-body.org
INFIDEL wrote:Ya,,,, that worked just well on 10SEP01..

I think you missed history class that day. we have been infiltrated there well before that date. Try reading on how Saddam Hussein went into power, or how we help the Afghan's Taliban in the 80s to defend themselves from Russia or how we get involve and subsidize Israel (which is why the Arabs hate us). Just to name a couple.

Quote:

Like it or not, they want what we have.

Says who? This quote has a airy familiarity to what this guy said.

If this guy was remotely true, we would not be in the situation we are in today.

Quote:

we did not start this sh!t, and we must not blame our selves as the ultra dem's think we should.

Not only have we started it, but now we've escalated it. We've done it all over the world through out history. The only difference here is, this is on a larger scale and longer lasting retaliation, in which we have no true long term exit strategy with out having corruption peek its head out.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 5:34 AM on j-body.org
If you two dont like our country, get out. Im sticking to how the Constitution says its run...

I will dig up the first time we were hit by terrorism though... some time in the early 1900's if I remember correctly.. and what Gen. Pershing did...

Chris

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:20 AM on j-body.org
INFIDEL wrote:If you two dont like our country, get out. Im sticking to how the Constitution says its run...

LOL. Never heard THAT one before. [/sarcasm]Standard Phrase #23, right out of the Wingnut Handbook.

What an a-hole, really. Fcuk violent, hateful people. Thank GOD they are not America.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 10:46 AM on j-body.org
INFIDEL wrote:If you two dont like our country, get out.

You have to do better than this.
What's more, if you accept the things that certain politicians do to piss off people/nations, then don't come back bitching: "but-but look what they did to us!"
Rule of life: Expect consequence, when one starts $hit. We learn that in elementary school, and it holds true in adulthood.
And because I love my country is the reason I say this. I don't wave a gun in a bully fashion, because we know a bully can be brought down.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 10:12 PM on j-body.org
hmm

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Thursday, March 25, 2010 5:51 AM on j-body.org
so then is the solution to sit back and never help anyone then?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, March 25, 2010 9:58 AM on j-body.org
Help is good. The challenge is defining the difference between 'helping others' and 'helping ourselves.' It's not always so easy to understand this difference down here at street level, for we can only process the iinformation we are allowed (intended) to know, and it's rarely an accurate enough picture.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search