Health care bill passes!!!!!!! - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Health care bill passes!!!!!!!
Sunday, March 21, 2010 9:11 PM on j-body.org
Discuss.........

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Re: Health care bill passes!!!!!!!
Sunday, March 21, 2010 9:20 PM on j-body.org
thoroughly disgusted by our lawmakers right now. what a goddamn joke.

Check out my build thread!

Sunday, March 21, 2010 9:33 PM on j-body.org
This is my first and likely only comment on the whole health care mess...

Although it may end up helping millions of people, for the first 10 years or so all it is going to do is unnecessarily complicate and delay a lot of things. Allthewhile pushing our country further in debt to China and others.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, March 21, 2010 9:38 PM on j-body.org
Found this on www.ustreas.gov

"Tax laws greatly affect our economy. This is because the amount of revenue raised through taxes largely decides the amount of services that the government can afford to provide.

The Congress takes steps known as the legislative process to pass a Federal law. This process begins when a Senator or Representative prepares a proposed law, called a "bill." It ends when Congress approves the bill and sends it to the President. When the President signs the bill, it then becomes law.

The Constitution says that "all bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives" and that "Congress shall have the power to lay and collect taxes." Presidents can, and frequently do, recommend changes to current tax laws, but only Congress can make the changes
"

As this bill raises billions in new taxes.......a bill that originated in the senate.......it seems that this thing is unconstitutional. Look for this crap to be tied up in litigation for some time.

Also, because it FORCES citizens to purchase a product (insurance) from a private company, it is also unconstitutional. Yes, the democrat controlled congress and senate pushed it through.....but I have a feeling the recently scorned SCOTUS might have something to say about it.

I think the best part of it will be, that the democrats will have this profoundly wrong "law" overturned in short order, and then lose many seats in the fall elections.

I can only hope that when the Republicans retake the House, that they don't revert to their spineless ways of "compassionate conservatism". Lessons tend to be forgotten in the afterglow of victory.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Sunday, March 21, 2010 11:17 PM on j-body.org
democrats rule!
YES WE CAN- Obama 08

how are we going to pay for it? we need jobs first!! don't we?
Monday, March 22, 2010 6:17 AM on j-body.org
Back in the USSA

Monday, March 22, 2010 9:57 AM on j-body.org
Maybe Rush won't have to go international for HIS care now...he can get private care in the USA, which is now going to have a public health plan too. Just like Costa Rica!

Monday, March 22, 2010 11:20 AM on j-body.org
read my post. it ain't goin anywhere but to the circular file.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Monday, March 22, 2010 12:22 PM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Maybe Rush won't have to go international for HIS care now...he can get private care in the USA, which is now going to have a public health plan too. Just like Costa Rica!

lol.
ScottaWhite wrote:
Also, because it FORCES citizens to purchase a product (insurance) from a private company, it is also unconstitutional.

So is forcing us to buy car insurance in order to drive on the streets, or home insurance if you're using a mortgage. But everything is dandy when it comes to those "unconstitutional" aspects. Cry me a river.
---
I for one will not open the umbrella before it rains, I was on the fence, and after reading on my local paper there lots of good in it. Now, I can only hope the outcome is just as well. One thing is for sure, baby-boomers (the biggest age demographic) are entering retirement and at the rate we were/are going in the past and today the future looks bleak. Again, I can only hope this lessens the blow of the baby-boomers with this system. Only time will tell.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Monday, March 22, 2010 1:12 PM on j-body.org
all i have to add is @!#$ michael moore.

Check out my build thread!

Monday, March 22, 2010 1:23 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Maybe Rush won't have to go international for HIS care now...he can get private care in the USA, which is now going to have a public health plan too. Just like Costa Rica!

lol.
ScottaWhite wrote:
Also, because it FORCES citizens to purchase a product (insurance) from a private company, it is also unconstitutional.

So is forcing us to buy car insurance in order to drive on the streets, or home insurance if you're using a mortgage. But everything is dandy when it comes to those "unconstitutional" aspects. Cry me a river.
---
I for one will not open the umbrella before it rains, I was on the fence, and after reading on my local paper there lots of good in it. Now, I can only hope the outcome is just as well. One thing is for sure, baby-boomers (the biggest age demographic) are entering retirement and at the rate we were/are going in the past and today the future looks bleak. Again, I can only hope this lessens the blow of the baby-boomers with this system. Only time will tell.

You have to have car insurance in case you @!#$ up and cause an accident. Home insurance is so that the bank isnt out all the money when your house is damaged/destroyed. They are protecting their investment. You can opt out of car insurance by not driving and opt out of home owners insurance by renting or paying off your home loan. To require that I have health insurance when it only affects me is BS.

I want to know what the final cap is before a health insurance plan is declared a "Cadillac Plan". I am guessing that I will either be paying a penalty on mine or the plan will be reduced so much that I might as well get outside coverage anyways. Its been available for years but I always participated in a plan through work (especially now because its part of my pay package).

Monday, March 22, 2010 2:31 PM on j-body.org
I see it as no different than having to have any type of insurance; its done for the same reasons, to protect everyone from uninsured individuals.

Monday, March 22, 2010 2:49 PM on j-body.org
So, because I exist, I must purchase insurance? Give me a break you leeches.

The distilled reason for requiring the insurance coverage, is supposedly: "If insurance companies cannot deny you based on a pre-existing condition, then people would wait until they were sick to buy it."

so to use your car insurance analogy If I buy a used car from my neighbor, fail to buy insurance on it, and roll it (now it has a pre-existing condition) It is unreasonable and just plain moronic to expect....nay, legislate that State Farm write a policy for the pre-damaged car, and then have to fix it...... that's stupid and you know it.

How about homeowners insurance? My retarded dog bites a neighbor....I sign up for homeowners policy that covers dog bites. Insurance company gets the report that shows the bite happened before I was covered..... They would have every right to deny the claim.

And these subsidies to "lower-income" people who otherwise couldnt afford it? The key word is subsidy. Who is subsidizing it? More taxes on the evil wealthy people of course. Those rich fatcat wallstreet tycoons, born with a silver spoon in their mouths....

And no copays now for preventive care? So now baby-momma can go as many times as she wants for free. Copays and deductibles stop hypocondriacs and addicts from abusing the system.

And please....leave the ermergency room talking points at your mommas house. The ER may have to, by law, treat broken noses, gunshot wounds, etc. But they do not have to take care of chronic illness like diabetes, lupus, congestive heart failure.

Monday, March 22, 2010 5:16 PM on j-body.org
You miss the point. In all cases, uninsured people are a problem, in that the insured people end up footing the bill for them. You and I are already paying for them in most cases via Medicaid and 'charity hospital care' anyway. Just as in cars, where uninsured motorists cause financial pain for others, thus it is illegal now to drive a car without insurance.

A national health care program will require you to reshape your thinking a bit about such things, unless you prefer being miserable about things you can't change (like taxes, auto insurance laws, the like).

Monday, March 22, 2010 6:04 PM on j-body.org
New National Anthem
Unbreakable union of freeborn republics
Great America has welded forever to stand!
Created in struggle by will of the peoples
United and mighty, our Soviet land!
CHORUS:
Glory to our great Motherland, mighty and free,
Bulwark of people, in brotherhood strong!
Oh! Party of Obama! The strength of the people.
To Communism's triumph lead us on!
Through tempests the sun rays of freedom have cheered us
Along the new path where great Lenin did lead!
To a righteous cause he raised up the people
Inspired them to labour and valorous deed!
CHORUS
In the victory of Communism's deathless ideal,
We see the future of our dear land
And to her fluttering scarlet banner,
selflessly true, we always shall stand!
CHORUS

New "Democratic" Anthem

Free children of a state unprecedented,
Today we sing our proud song
About the most powerful party in the world,
About our greatest man ever.
CHORUS
Surrounded with glory, soldered by [our] will,
Grow stronger and live for eternity
The party of Ayers, the party of Marx
Wise party of Bolsheviks!
You have created a country of the November,
The able Motherland of free people.
Our Soviet state stands as rock
Born by your power and truth.
CHORUS
Rotten breeds of lowly treachery
You wipe from your way
You are the pride of the people, the wisdom of people,
the heart of the people and their conscience.
CHORUS
The sparking genius of Marx and Engels
Envisioned the future rise of the commune.
Obama has outlined us the road to the freedom
And great Pelosi is leading us through it.
CHORUS

Figured I would get the head start on my children's new reading material.

Monday, March 22, 2010 6:12 PM on j-body.org
Your poor children. They indeed have my sympathy.

Monday, March 22, 2010 7:02 PM on j-body.org
Dude,
Where do you think this is going? Not that I expect much in the way of an answer. Go read the constitution and report back to me.
Don't give me the left or right bulls&it, just read it.
Love always
A real American

Monday, March 22, 2010 7:07 PM on j-body.org
You may not have understood what they have my sympathy about, but the more you say, the clearer it becomes.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 8:31 AM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:the insured people end up footing the bill for them.

I don't think all of the parasites of this country are going to start contributing because there is a new bill. We pay for the freeloaders @!#$ either way. The only difference was before I had an option in terms of insurance. The rest of the stupid hand out crap is already plenty for me.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 8:47 AM on j-body.org
Some people just dont get why this is going to be a bad thing.

I'll tell ya what.

If this doesn't bankrupt our country, cause higher taxes and premiums, and cause rationing of care, I'll change my tune.

But I dont see it working out,

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 9:06 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:Some people just dont get why this is going to be a bad thing.

I'll tell ya what.

If this doesn't bankrupt our country, cause higher taxes and premiums, and cause rationing of care, I'll change my tune.

But I dont see it working out,

Although I hate paying for other people..what really concerns me is
1. There going to start taxing my medical Benefit Fund when i take money out of it.
2. The government controlling my amazing health insurance plan that i work for.
3. Waiting lists....

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 10:08 AM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:You miss the point. In all cases, uninsured people are a problem, in that the insured people end up footing the bill for them. You and I are already paying for them in most cases via Medicaid and 'charity hospital care' anyway. Just as in cars, where uninsured motorists cause financial pain for others, thus it is illegal now to drive a car without insurance.

A national health care program will require you to reshape your thinking a bit about such things, unless you prefer being miserable about things you can't change (like taxes, auto insurance laws, the like).

if this is the case and im somehow paying for all these uninsured people right now. with this new plan it will make it cheaper for me right? because now they all are insured? somehow im betting more money will be pulled out of my pocket for this plan to cover those you said im allready paying for.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, March 23, 2010 11:30 AM on j-body.org
Just do the math...these people are already getting care, and the money has been coming from somewhere. If not you (taxpayers and insurance premium payers), where do you think it's been coming from?

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 11:30 AM on j-body.org
Rosario wrote:
Although I hate paying for other people..what really concerns me is
1. There going to start taxing my medical Benefit Fund when i take money out of it.
2. The government controlling my amazing health insurance plan that i work for.
3. Waiting lists....

Just wait till the "Cadillac plan" excise tax kicks in. As it sits right now I will have to pay a 40% (last number I saw) tax on $7,344 when it kicks in. This has a lot of the guys in my local concerned.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 1:37 PM on j-body.org
No Bill, YOU do the math. Both Social Security and Medicare, at their inception, were projected to cost far less than what they actually cost.....Hundreds of billions more. Do you think they will finally get it right this time? I predict that you will not answer that question in a straightforward manner.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search