Pro Gun Control? Get in here!!! - Page 5 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Pro Gun Control? Get in here!!!
Saturday, January 23, 2010 3:54 PM on j-body.org
I'm actually a supporter of our government, but have become jaded lately as the country seems to be going to hell. I don't and never will support domestic or any other type of terrorism so I don't see where you are getting that information from. I only stated that civilians should be able to purchase the same weapons as the police force and specifically said no military weapons. I don't carry concealed weapons at any time nor do I plan to.

I do believe that if things continue on their current path that there will be some sort of change but do not profess to know what form of change that will happen. It could be an overthrow of our government into a dictatorship, splitting the country into smaller independent countries or any number of other courses could be taken, but it cannot continue on it's current path without major changes which won't happen because of the political red tape and other political agendas.

I'm just prepared to defend myself and my family from harm, nothing more, nothing less and to do that weapons could be needed and if so, I want the best weapons I can get. My motives are purely defensive.

Sunday, January 24, 2010 10:35 AM on j-body.org
Moderato Electo Victorio! wrote:Nah. Never called you a name, nor used any of those adjectives towards you.

Quote:

Fcuk you. Go shoot something, hopefully something living so you can cum in your pants a little bit,you rotten, violent waste of human flesh.

Never?

On the play ground, calling someone "Rotten" would be name calling.....

And as for the books I read, there actually ether the Mechanical engineering books in school, or my (ya childish but I like them) star wars novels.

When you get right down to it, in America, it is MY RIGHT to own them, and YOUR RIGHT to disagree. I will not trample on your rights, don't tread on mine.

And that's a synopsis of the Bill of Rights.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, January 24, 2010 8:16 PM on j-body.org
Labotomi wrote:
Moderato Electo Victorio! wrote:Yikes. I thought I was done, then you came back at me with an outright insult which, of course, ends all attempts at intelligent discourse. So...

There! Didn't that feel nice? lol. Fair is fair. So maybe I upped the game a little, but you wrote the rules, and I think I stayed within them.

Absolutely ridiculous.

What domestic terrorist hero have I embraced or condoned. Which statement did I make that you've concluded that I'm anything but a law abiding citizen who happens to enjoy firearms and likes to plan for the worst and hope for the best? How many times have you called me crazy, nutjob, freak, right wing wingnut, wackjob or other insulting terms? Compare those with the names I've called you and then look deeply in the mirror and see who is paranoid.

You're the one who has to result to name calling and insults to try and make everyone who doesn't follow your line seem crazy. You have your opinion and I have mine, don't insult me and I won't insult you, dont @!#$ with me and I won't @!#$ with you, but if you insist, send a pm and I'll let you know where to find me

Chris, good lord, that I should have to show you how to interpret a thread.

At the point in this thread where I said I'd never called him a name, I HAD NEVER CALLED HIM A NAME!

Once he CALLED ME A NAME, I responded in kind BY CALLING HIM A NAME.

Reading > you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, January 25, 2010 10:02 AM

Monday, January 25, 2010 9:05 AM on j-body.org
Labotomi wrote:
OHV notec wrote:
Labotomi wrote:The discontent in the US is growing due to the mishandling of almost everything by the government and the people will only take so much before they decide to do something about it. What shape or form that action takes I don't know, but if it comes down to a civil uprising then we are already at a disadvantage because the police and national guard have far superior firepower than we can purchase legally.
If the majority of the people (Rush and Glenn don't constitute the majority) don't approve of Government officials, they won't get re-elected. Period. If an armed uprising occurs, it's because they are mad they aren't part of the majority...
They do get elected, time and time again.
This is a DEMOCRACY, the MAJORITY gets their pick. That's how it works (excluding 2000 obviously), whether you're with the majority or not. Did you even read what I wrote before replying?
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:FACT.
A far superior military has never won against an enemy that has had the 'WANT' to win.
Not the first time you've done this, but I'd like to point out that just because you type "FACT" before a subjective statement doesn't make it a fact...
sndsgood wrote:and another discussion gets thrown in the trash. can't you guys discuss things without going into name calling and internet fistfighting?
Welcome to the .org ... didn't realize you were new here

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Monday, January 25, 2010 10:04 AM on j-body.org
oops. typing > me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, January 25, 2010 10:04 AM

Monday, January 25, 2010 12:30 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:FACT.

A far superior military has never won against an enemy that has had the 'WANT' to win.

Unless that military has the hart to kill a lot of people; man, woman, and child a like.

Hmm. Never? I'd say Nazi Germany had said "WANT" to win. A military that wasn't even far superior managed to defeat them without resorting to outright annhilation of women and children.

Actually, I'd say that this general of a statement on your part means you aren't really familiar with military strategy at all. You seem instead content to hide behind mindless flag-waving as your "patriotic right". It's all considerably more complex in the real world, however.

Monday, January 25, 2010 1:46 PM on j-body.org
Never heard of everything that the USSR did to Germany did ya?

Killing and raping all?

Or the US Vs Vietnam? or Korea...

Afghanistan VS USSR?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Monday, January 25, 2010 2:26 PM on j-body.org
Well...You stated what you called a FACT. I debunked said "FACT" with an actual FACT about an Allied victory. One instance is all it takes to make your "FACT" non-factual.

You could play this game all day, trying to impress us all with your supposedly encyclopedic knowledge of militaria, and it would not matter one iota, for you won't convince me or anyone else...it's really just in your head...you convince only yourself through mindless repetition. I am not interested in pursuing this particular aspect any further, and at this time will wait for a more suitable and engaging opponent.

Monday, January 25, 2010 4:01 PM on j-body.org
LOL

anywho.

Are you saying, then, that Germany had more "want" then the Russian's, English, or Americans?

That is borderline funny dear boy.

Chris

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:35 PM on j-body.org
This should get someone going:

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/933866.html

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:09 PM on j-body.org
As well they should be tried.

When the assailant flees the seine of a crime, it stops being self defense.

Self defense only applies if you can say "I feared for my (or someone else) life. Such is not the case when you chase down someone.

But you knew this...

Or was I not the intended one to get mad?

Chris

Sunday, January 31, 2010 5:25 PM on j-body.org
I love guns

Quote:

FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

3. Colt: The original point and click interface.

4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.

9. Those that trade liberty for security have neither.

10. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.

11. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you not understand?

12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.

15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.

20. If guns cause crime then matches cause arson.

21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.

23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.

24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~

Thomas Jefferson

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, January 31, 2010 5:27 PM

Sunday, January 31, 2010 5:52 PM on j-body.org
We are not a democracy. We are a republic. (it's in the pledge)

this gun control argument is irrelevent currently. Unless the liberals reverse course and pick up a dozen senate seats and another 30 house seats, and one of the five rational supreme court justices dies, there won't be any new sweeping GUN control legislation on the horizon. Now ammo legislation is another thing. It'll start with "reasonable" taxes of 3-5cents per shell, on anything bigger than a .22..... With the higher taxes being on handgun loads...exempting typical hunti. Rifle calibers and shotgun shells.

Then big taxes on reloading equipment and supplies. You'll have to have a liscense to do it

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Monday, February 08, 2010 10:01 AM on j-body.org
Well, I found a reason to make guns (and ammo) harder for lazy idiots to obtain at least. Went out with the local 4-wheeling clubs this weekend to do a trash clean-up at the state lands nearby. After personally picking up THOUSANDS (which seemed to only make a dent) of empty (for the most part) shells, all I wanted to do was go to the next site where people were currently shooting and dump the bags out in their cars. Seriously, is it so F-ing hard to clean up after yourselves? Call me a hippy tree-hugger or whatever, but as a hiker/MTB-er/4-wheeler, I'm sick of seeing how the hobby shooters are getting the state land closed off to the rest of us.
/rant

Monday, February 08, 2010 11:30 PM on j-body.org
Nature is not for them to care for. Nature is theirs to rape as they see fit. You just have to understand the mindset

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 5:19 AM on j-body.org
You have people like that in every "club" rather it be in atving and leaving bottles on the ground, or sleading.

Chris

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 1:37 PM on j-body.org
INFIDEL wrote:You have people like that in every "club" rather it be in atving and leaving bottles on the ground, or sleading.

Chris

exactly. there is a great percentage of those people in every group, club, race, sport, profession etc. etc. etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, February 09, 2010 3:52 PM on j-body.org
INFIDEL wrote:You have people like that in every "club" rather it be in atving and leaving bottles on the ground, or sleading.
Yeah, I come across a bottle or wrapper every once in a while on a hiking trail, but only in areas popular with tourists and other more recreational users.
Mountain bikers are by far the best when it comes to "pack-in, pack-out", but I think that partially comes with not carrying much in the first place.
Off-roaders can be good or bad, seems to depend more on, um, social class? Obviously the more trendy areas like the sand dunes are basically garbage pits.

But shooters, by far and large, leave more @!#$ than everyone else combined. I've seen a few clean up their cans/bottles/targets afterwards. But I've never seen any picking up shells or clay pigeon pieces.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 5:57 AM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:
Yeah, I come across a bottle or wrapper every once in a while on a hiking trail, but only in areas popular with tourists and other more recreational users.
Mountain bikers are by far the best when it comes to "pack-in, pack-out", but I think that partially comes with not carrying much in the first place.
Off-roaders can be good or bad, seems to depend more on, um, social class? Obviously the more trendy areas like the sand dunes are basically garbage pits.

But shooters, by far and large, leave more @!#$ than everyone else combined. I've seen a few clean up their cans/bottles/targets afterwards. But I've never seen any picking up shells or clay pigeon pieces.

sounds like more "trendys".

I pick up all my brass, as does everyone I ever go shooting with since we get em reloaded.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 3:25 PM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:
OHV notec wrote:

sounds like more "trendys".

I pick up all my brass, as does everyone I ever go shooting with.

There. Fixed.
(You were doing good until you said "why". Should have just left that part out)

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 10:03 PM on j-body.org
What about private gun clubs that have thier own shooting ranges? If they want to leave brass on the ground its their decision.

So what the hell is this thread even about anymore.

Thursday, February 11, 2010 5:23 AM on j-body.org
Truth,,,from consequences wrote:
J03Y wrote:sounds like more "trendys".

There. Fixed.

No need to leave it out. If I don't reload them, I leave them. Just like my used motor oil that I leave in the sewer drain

Thursday, February 11, 2010 8:36 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:What about private gun clubs that have thier own shooting ranges? If they want to leave brass on the ground its their decision.
So what the hell is this thread even about anymore.
I think someone is missing the point... *hint: public lands, being closed*

Thursday, February 11, 2010 11:16 AM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:
Truth,,,from consequences wrote:
J03Y wrote:sounds like more "trendys".

There. Fixed.

No need to leave it out. If I don't reload them, I leave them. Just like my used motor oil that I leave in the sewer drain

When you do that, be sure to use a storm sewer, and not a sanitary sewer. I'd hate to see your contempt for nature not reach its desired target.

Thursday, February 11, 2010 12:08 PM on j-body.org
So you cant let drain oil go in to the ground...

damn this whole time I thought I was recycling it by doing so... ya know, so it can get pumped back clean like water does...

weird

Chris

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search