Dear gun rights activists: - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Dear gun rights activists:
Saturday, August 22, 2009 10:59 AM on j-body.org
"If Obama really wants to make the American people happy, maybe instead of creating more or removing gun laws, his administration should focus on upholding the laws already in place, which are more than adequate to ensure proper accountability and safety of the people. The problem is not the administrative or legislative branch here, its the judicial branch."

This has been a big issue for many years. It seems easier for the government to just make new laws than to enforce he existing ones. My dad used to work at a gun shop and they had to damn near beg the BATF to come in and investigate several Tec-9s that came in with serial numbers ground off and certain illegal internal modifications. Its sad when the very organization created to enforce these laws does not want to do their job.

Saturday, August 22, 2009 2:16 PM on j-body.org
state, feds... no difference.

that's what the second amendment is for!

Once more, Null-Issue

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, August 23, 2009 6:24 PM on j-body.org
First of all.... how the hell can a judge vote against a bill the PRESIDENT voted into action already.... once its passed... its passed. a "judge" can go F- themselves if they dont like it.

President > judge.... A judge aint @!#$ in those terms..... I think you people are mistaken on that part..

As for this gun bill..... it's just a bait and switch..... either that or they arnt paying attention anymore..

Personally... I wont be happy until there arnt any gun laws at all.. (anti gun ones anyway).... and thats not going to happen so I'll never be happy.

If someone tells you that you cant carry or own a gun.... you have a right to shoot said person...

My book of rights are different than most.

Sunday, August 23, 2009 6:48 PM on j-body.org
Actually, if the supreme court (judges) deems it unconstitutional, it gets over turned.

Separation of powers.... The President cant "vote" for @!#$.

If the House and Senate passed it, all he did was say it was "oK"

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, August 23, 2009 8:02 PM on j-body.org
Sooo... if thats true.... why the hell arent these worthless judges vetoing all this Zar crap..

Monday, August 24, 2009 3:48 AM on j-body.org
it has to be brought before the supreme court before they can do anything.

Friday, August 28, 2009 11:17 PM on j-body.org
^^^ SO WTF ARE WE WAITING FOR?

Saturday, August 29, 2009 5:46 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:^^^ SO WTF ARE WE WAITING FOR?

You have to be directly affected by something before you can challenge it's constitutionality. Nice little loop hole there. Until one of the czars does something that someone can show they are directly affected by, and that person or organization brings a suit against them, nothing can happen.

The only option right now is for Congress to pass legislation directly eliminating the non-confirmed appointees to the President's cabinet, and directly spelling out what he can have for advisors and cabinet members. This, of course, is not going to happen with this Congress, since the President would veto it, they would need a two-thirds vote to override the veto. You really think there are enough Democrats who would be willing to stick their neck out like that right now?

It's a very dangerous state we're in right now. The most radical people are in power, and the ones from their own party who disagree are not comfortable standing up against them.

Monday, August 31, 2009 10:53 PM on j-body.org
Well back on topic...... screw you im carrying a gun

I dont care who says I cant...

If you are anti gun... your an idiot....

OK EVERYONE START FIGHTING AGAIN!!!!!

LOL

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 2:58 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:Well back on topic...... screw you im carrying a gun

LOL
I support your right to carry a gun along with your right to pee sitting down, but if you decided to carry a bladed weapon instead of a sissy projectile weapon, then I won't think you're a pussy.

But it is your right to do it your way.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 4:19 AM on j-body.org
You would be one to bring a knife to a gun fight.....

Chris

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 4:54 AM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:

LOL
I support your right to carry a gun along with your right to pee sitting down, but if you decided to carry a bladed weapon instead of a sissy projectile weapon, then I won't think you're a pussy.

So I should have to defend myself against the low life POS with the illegal gun with just a 3" blade? Im not a big guy by any means. I have no intention of trying to defend myself with just a tiny ass blade.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 12:36 PM on j-body.org
mitdr774 wrote:
bk3k wrote:

LOL

So I should have to defend myself against the low life POS with the illegal gun with just a 3" blade? Im not a big guy by any means. I have no intention of trying to defend myself with just a tiny ass blade.
I never said it had to be a 3" blade. Choose a blade of your preferred size. I think the low life POS is a major pussy too.

Besides, the old saying "Guns don't kill people" is only partially true. The bullet does all the damage, it does not require nearly any physical domination at all. a 9 year old girl could kill you with a gun, but wouldn't stand a chance if you where both armed with swords (for example). There is nothing manly about killing with a gun.

You say you're a small guy, but you're interested in at least being able to defend yourself? Well then train your body a bit. Work out to get stronger and faster. Learn unarmed combat first and then blade wielding combat. At that point you will realize how vulnerable that thug with a gloc pointed in your face really is. You will be much safer in fact that just a small guy with a gun. If its just gun to gun in close combat - he probably pulled his gun first so he has the advantage in that case.

Taetsch Z-24 wrote:You would be one to bring a knife to a gun fight.....

Chris
Depends what you are talking about. If you just have a gun to defend yourself, then remember that hood rats are generally too stupid to use a gun the way it was intended. Projectile weapons have the advantage over bladed weapons that is long range lethality, but stupid hood rats who want to rob you think its a good idea to put their gun in your face. Between people who actually know how to use their weapons, a projectile weapon is at a disadvantage to a bladed weapon in close combat(hence bayonets even if they are nearly useless). In that scenario, you don't necessarily need any weapon to kill them, but a good blade should put you over the top.

Now trying that @!#$ in a modern warzone would only get me killed. People there use guns properly. You'd better have at least a good of a weapon as your enemy. Modern warfare is not very manly, it is such that the brave are the first to die. Cowardly tactics are what help you come out alive. "All is fair in war" is what they say. Ambushing the enemy, snipping, etc - these are basic necessities of war. But certainly they are not manly. Trying to take on your opponent face-to-face on equal terms is just gonna get you killed. I'd still carry a blade as a secondary weapon with me in combat though, just in case I find myself in close combat.

True honor on the battlefield is dead. The days of sword bearing warriors was when war was manly. Many warriors practiced their deadly skills every day(its not equal to learning how to point a stick at something). It was the man of superior speed, strength, and skill that came out alive.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 1:23 PM on j-body.org
Local and state law prohibits anything with a blade over 3" to be carried in a concealed manner. Last i checked anyways.

Im just guessing you have never had a gun flashed at you or a threat made. I would prefer to be able to defend myself against others than be left with just a short little knife that isnt going to do me any good.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 2:49 PM on j-body.org
call me a pussy all you want, but an alive pussy beats a dead manly man holding a sword any day in my big.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, September 01, 2009 6:15 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Many warriors practiced their deadly skills every day(its not equal to learning how to point a stick at something). It was the man of superior speed, strength, and skill that came out alive.

Oh... we still do.

Learning how to "point a stick" ....... ever shoot distance before?

My 1911 Officers... that's my great equalizer.

better to be judged by twelve, then carried by six.

Chris

Monday, September 07, 2009 5:39 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

better to be judged by twelve, then carried by six.

Sometimes..... im not so sure thats true...

but about this knife thing.....

I knife against a gun is about as useful as a gerbil against a pit bull..... your gunna loose...

unless your the atacker and you sneak up on someone.... that is.... but for defense..... no.

also... what about people that have both on them?

Wednesday, September 09, 2009 2:14 PM on j-body.org
what if i have a bayonet on my rifle. then what am i bi? lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, September 09, 2009 4:31 PM on j-body.org
Smart*

Chris

Monday, September 21, 2009 11:49 AM on j-body.org
Well, that's so gracious of Obammesiah to let STATES decide what to do with THEMSELVES. The federal government was set up to serve the states, not the other way around. Obammesiah does not appear to understand this.

2002 Cavalier 2200 5spd

Monday, September 21, 2009 6:12 PM on j-body.org
ONCE more.... Tenth Amendment comes in to play!

Ya, the feds forgot that one.

Chris

Monday, September 21, 2009 11:12 PM on j-body.org
Whats this Amendment thing you speak of

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search