Miss California lost because of WHAT she said...not how. - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Miss California lost because of WHAT she said...not how.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009 1:15 PM on j-body.org
Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:Ok, found the article and read it. They are not teaching that you have to be gay and marry a person who is the same sex. They have to say that it is normal and it is your choice, which is true, what is so wrong about that? If they can say getting married is normal, why can't they say the same thing about gay marriage?

I just don't understand why the Religious Right thinks they have the right to try to force their beliefs on other people. Not only do they try to force their beliefs on other people they happily discriminate and preach fear and hate while doing so, which completely goes against the ideals our country was based upon. "All men are created equal" and "the pursuit of happiness" means nothing to them I guess.

The problem is that when a Catholic school is required to teach something against their belief, it's intrusion of the government into their religion. Christians, as a group, do not teach intollerance, nor do they teach hatred or discrimination. As with any group, there are radicals, but the general teachings are of tollerance and acceptance. They just believe that marriage is between a man and a woman, for the purpose of raising a family. They should be allowed to teach this, without a mandate that they teach otherwise. This is the very basis for freedom of religion. If anyone doesn't agree with it, they are free to chose to not send their kids there.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 1:35 PM on j-body.org
I would like to point out that the article says nothing about changing the curriculum of private schools, only public schools. So no, they would not be making Catholic schools teach against their religion.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:10 PM on j-body.org
Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:I would like to point out that the article says nothing about changing the curriculum of private schools, only public schools. So no, they would not be making Catholic schools teach against their religion.
you're ruining the sensationalism and fear mongering aspects that are supposed to be there!! How rude of you...

Thursday, April 30, 2009 3:15 AM on j-body.org
Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:I would like to point out that the article says nothing about changing the curriculum of private schools, only public schools. So no, they would not be making Catholic schools teach against their religion.

I'll have to look into it again, but when I read the wording of the bill, I did not see anywhere that differentiated public or private schools.

Thursday, April 30, 2009 9:25 AM on j-body.org
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090430/entertainment/gay_marriage_miss_california

Digging herself deeper.....

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:24 PM on j-body.org
Shes already seen as a homo hater so why not go full on.

Thursday, April 30, 2009 7:18 PM on j-body.org
just because she doesn't agree with it doesnt make her a homo "hater" ... i commend her for being bold and standing up for what she believes in (not saying i agree with her, but she has the freedom to say what she thinks..shes not hurting anyone).

*~*Andrea*~*
Tuesday, May 05, 2009 11:43 AM on j-body.org
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090505/entertainment/miss_california

again.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Wednesday, May 06, 2009 1:36 PM on j-body.org
ehhh she said what she believed in and now she's being hung for it. although i dont nessicarily agree with her view more power to her. id rather award the win to someone speaking what they beleive versus just another airhead spitting out what the judges want to hear.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, May 09, 2009 9:26 PM on j-body.org
I guess free speach isn't politically correct.

“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search