Smokers who quit smoking... - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Smokers who quit smoking...
Monday, December 31, 2007 11:51 AM on j-body.org
how's it going Craig, been aboot 4 months now for me.

Monday, April 20, 2009 10:47 PM on j-body.org
Chantix is one of those FDA approved drugs which can be used to get over smoking habit. It works on body by giving you the same feel good effect like smoking and hence reduces the craving for nicotine. This medicine should only be used in accordance with the instructions of a physician as there are various side effects which may vary from person to person and it includes change of taste, sleeplessness and many more. I have smoked for more than 10 yrs, but now I am spending a smoke free life from last 2 months. Thanks to chantix. Along with having this medicine, you should also have will power and feeling that you want to get over this habit.

Chantix is FDA approved drug.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009 4:11 PM on j-body.org
I hate when people quit, then keep asking everyone else for a cigarette.

A friend of mine did that to me. I said to him "you didn't quit smoking, you just quit paying for them. Either stop smoking, or go back to buying your own."
He just went back to buying again once I stopped giving him any of mine.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 6:59 PM on j-body.org
Back from the undead eh, well Craig how's it going with the quitting? Still smoke free from 9/4/07, some people are surprised I ever smoked if they haven't known me long.

Quik, I had lots of friends that would pull the "taxes are going up I quit" trick, until people stopped giving them smokes and then they went back to buying.

Good luck to those that want to quit and to those that are still smoking, do it as long as you enjoy it.

Monday, May 04, 2009 11:46 AM on j-body.org
i just quit smoking cigarettes myself, though i still do enjoy the occasional cigar.

Check out my build thread!

Monday, May 04, 2009 12:14 PM on j-body.org
ToBoGgAn wrote:Back from the undead eh, well Craig how's it going with the quitting? Still smoke free from 9/4/07, some people are surprised I ever smoked if they haven't known me long.

Quik, I had lots of friends that would pull the "taxes are going up I quit" trick, until people stopped giving them smokes and then they went back to buying.

Good luck to those that want to quit and to those that are still smoking, do it as long as you enjoy it.

smokes went upto 8$ a pack here in NY, so my wife and I decided to quit. Cold turkey one day, no patch, no special pills, etc.

I'm a little over 2 months smoke-free.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 9:28 AM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:
ToBoGgAn wrote:Back from the undead eh, well Craig how's it going with the quitting? Still smoke free from 9/4/07, some people are surprised I ever smoked if they haven't known me long.

smokes went upto 8$ a pack here in NY, so my wife and I decided to quit. Cold turkey one day, no patch, no special pills, etc.

I'm a little over 2 months smoke-free.

i appreciate it too because i hated kissing your wife and having her taste like cigarettes. its much nicer now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, May 07, 2009 8:20 PM on j-body.org
^ win

Thursday, May 14, 2009 2:51 PM on j-body.org
also, 1 month smoke-free on monday.

Thursday, May 14, 2009 6:13 PM on j-body.org
Just because I find this amusing.

Organic cigarettes, for smokers who are worried about poluting their body with pesticides.

Kevin, congrats on your month. You're over the hump. The cravings pretty much peak out around the third or forth week.

Friday, May 15, 2009 1:42 PM on j-body.org
Actually American Spirits are my brand. Switch to those, and you can literally taste the poison when you light up a marlbro red.

Friday, May 15, 2009 3:53 PM on j-body.org
I'll admit that they probably taste better, but I just find it humorous given the fact that smoking is already poluting your body. Why would a smoker be worried about pesticides?

Friday, May 15, 2009 5:01 PM on j-body.org
haha, yeah, it's very ironic. It goes along with the whole "have your cake and eat it too" type of mentality. If I'm gonna smoke, and pollute my body, the least I can do is make sure it's not as bad for me as cowboy killers

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search