American troops rape and murder.... - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: American troops rape and murder....
Sunday, July 09, 2006 3:35 PM on j-body.org
they must have some form of judicial system they have suddam in court. more like a circus but its something.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 3:58 PM on j-body.org
There is, but this court is going to be disbanded after Hussein's trial.

I don't believe there will be an appeals process though, it's a special court.

Currently, the ministries that looked after all things inside Iraq are pretty much in disarray (except the oil ministry). And since the elected tribal Gov't hasn't convened to draft a constitution, there is no provision for the courts, law making or executive/parliamentary control.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 8:11 PM on j-body.org
GIs Killed For Rape-Murders
Associated Press | July 11, 2006
BAGHDAD, Iraq - An al-Qaida-linked group claims it killed three U.S. Soldiers last month and mutilated two of their bodies to avenge the rape-slaying of a young Iraqi woman by troops of the same unit, an institute which monitors extremists Web sites said Tuesday.

The Mujahedeen Shura Council made the claim in a 4:39 minute video posted on the Internet which included the mutilated bodies of two of the Soldiers attacked June 16 near Youssifiyah southwest of Baghdad, according to a statement by the SITE Institute. Their remains were found three days later.

The institute released still pictures from the video showing two of the American dead, one of whom had been decapitated.

According to the institute, the statement by the insurgent group said the video was released as "revenge for our sister who was dishonored by a Soldier of the same brigade."

Two sergeants are among five American Soldiers charged in the March 12 alleged rape-murder and the killing her parents and a younger sister. The U.S. military released the identities of the suspects Monday.

A previously discharged Soldier had been arrested in the case last month and charged with rape and murder.

According to the SITE Institute, the statement by the insurgents said that as soon as fighters heard of the rape-slaying, "they kept their anger to themselves and didn't spread the news."

"They decided to take revenge for their sister's honor," the statement said. "With Allah's help, they captured two Soldiers of the same brigade as this dirty crusader."

The Mujahedeen Shura Council is an umbrella organization of several Islamic extremist groups, including al-Qaida in Iraq. It claimed responsibility for shooting down a U.S. Apache helicopter in the Youssifiyah area in April.

U.S. investigators had said there was no evidence linking the deaths of the three Soldiers last month to the alleged rape-slaying.

Sgt. Paul E. Cortez, Spc. James P. Barker, Pfc. Jesse V. Spielman and Pfc. Bryan L. Howard are accused of rape and murder and several other charges as alleged participants. They could face the death penalty if convicted.

A fifth, Sgt. Anthony W. Yribe, is charged with failing to report the attack but is not alleged to have been a direct participant.

The five will face an Article 32 hearing, the military equivalent of a grand jury proceeding, to determine if they should stand trial.

They are charged with conspiring with former Soldier Steven D. Green, who was arrested in the case last month in North Carolina. Green has pleaded not guilty to one count of rape and four counts of murder and is being held without bond.

The U.S. military spokesman in Iraq, Maj. Gen. William Caldwell, declined to comment further on details about the attack, saying the investigation continues.

"But they obviously had enough information in the initial investigation to go ahead and charge those four Soldiers all with alleged rape, rape, obstruction of justice, housebreaking, arson and the other offenses," he told reporters in Baghdad.

Spielman, of Chambersburg, Pa., is a 2002 graduate of Chambersburg Area Senior High School.

His mother, Nancy Hess, told WGAL-TV in Lancaster, Pa., on Monday: "I don't believe the charges and I'm still proud of him." She said her son always wanted to be a Soldier.

According to an FBI affidavit filed in Green's case, he and at least two others targeted the young woman and her family for a week before the attack, which was not revealed until witnesses came forward in late June.

The Soldiers drank alcohol, abandoned their checkpoint, changed clothes to avoid detection and headed to the victims' house, about 200 meters (yards) from a U.S. checkpoint in the "Triangle of Death," a Sunni Arab area south of Baghdad known for its violence, the affidavit said.

The affidavit estimated the rape victim was about 25. But a doctor at the Mahmoudiya hospital gave her age as 14. He refused to be identified for fear of reprisals.

Green is accused of raping the woman and killing her and the three other family members, including a girl estimated to be 5 years old. An official familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press that Green set fire to the rape victim's body in an apparent cover-up attempt.

Iraqi authorities identified the rape victim as Abeer Qassim Hamza. The other victims were her father, Qassim Hamza; her mother, Fikhriya Taha; and her sister, Hadeel Qassim Hamza.

The March 12 attack was among the worst in a series of cases of U.S. troops accused of killing and abusing Iraqi civilians.

U.S. officials are concerned the case will strain relations with Iraq's new government and increase calls for changes in an agreement that exempts American Soldiers from prosecution in Iraqi courts.

Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has demanded an independent investigation into the case, which comes after a series of allegations that U.S. troops killed and mistreated Iraqi civilians.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 8:53 PM on j-body.org
RaiLS wrote:GIs Killed For Rape-Murders

According to the institute, the statement by the insurgent group said the video was released as "revenge for our sister who was dishonored by a Soldier of the same brigade."

"They decided to take revenge for their sister's honor," the statement said. "With Allah's help, they captured two Soldiers of the same brigade as this dirty crusader."

U.S. investigators had said there was no evidence linking the deaths of the three Soldiers last month to the alleged rape-slaying.

So the soldiers who were killed and decapitated weren't the guilty parties?
Add yet another reason we need to expedite getting out of Iraq.

Quote:

U.S. officials are concerned the case will strain relations with Iraq's new government and increase calls for changes in an agreement that exempts American Soldiers from prosecution in Iraqi courts.

This case will certainly wrinkle things up between us and the Iraqi gov't. As far as the "agreement to not prosecute US soldiers in Iraq", they're our soldiers, they should be prosecuted here. It's part of my "You lost, you're being occupied by us, it's a bitch but get used to it" philosophy.

They killed the wrong guys, which to me demonstrates that they are not interested in justice, and ANY soldier could be attacked for the crimes of another.

We need to bring our people home now. Let them rebuild on their own, there are obviously more negative issues with our soldiers being there than what the soldiers are contributing.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Friday, July 14, 2006 4:08 AM on j-body.org
John it was done in retaliation for the rape and murder, THATS WHAT I"VE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG !!!

Hey John and everyone else who wants us out now heres an interesting little fact for you! Last year the total number of troops killed in Iraq was less then the number of murders in the Baltimore, Washington area. Now I hear no one screaming for us to pull out of the area cause its too dangerous. In fact I hear no public outcry at all. Why is that I wonder ?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, July 14, 2006 11:35 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

Sgt. Paul E. Cortez, Spc. James P. Barker, Pfc. Jesse V. Spielman and Pfc. Bryan L. Howard are accused of rape and murder and several other charges as alleged participants. They could face the death penalty if convicted.

A fifth, Sgt. Anthony W. Yribe, is charged with failing to report the attack but is not alleged to have been a direct participant.

The five will face an Article 32 hearing, the military equivalent of a grand jury proceeding, to determine if they should stand trial.

They are charged with conspiring with former Soldier Steven D. Green, who was arrested in the case last month in North Carolina. Green has pleaded not guilty to one count of rape and four counts of murder and is being held without bond.

This was the part I guess you over read. I had it in bold in the last post, but I guess it didn't transfer over when I copied and pasted. Everyone was asking what was going to happen to those guys and I was just adding to the conversation.

Team GREEN

Friday, July 14, 2006 12:13 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:John it was done in retaliation for the rape and murder, THATS WHAT I"VE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG !!!

Hey John and everyone else who wants us out now heres an interesting little fact for you! Last year the total number of troops killed in Iraq was less then the number of murders in the Baltimore, Washington area. Now I hear no one screaming for us to pull out of the area cause its too dangerous. In fact I hear no public outcry at all. Why is that I wonder ?

God i cant stand all the people screaming to pull out of iraq. IDIOTS!! Yes eventually we will pull out. However, even politicians running on the basis that they are against war(most of them) admit that we cant just pull all our troops out. It takes time. And if we do pull them all out tommorrow there will be problems.

Jack, its amazing how people are. We are not getting destroyed over there. The death toll although sad is not that high...

Friday, July 14, 2006 1:44 PM on j-body.org
The reason I've been saying to get our troops home isn't that there've been high casualties. Just because our soldiers are there will motivate Iraqi terrorists to act on civilians. We've already seen in this thread how PO'ed Iraqi's killed the wrong people, because in their minds ANY kill is justice even if it's the wrong kill to make.

It won't be long before Iraq is fully functional again and this same mentallity will be to seek revenge against us for the people we've killed during this war. Don't say it can't happen, it's BEEN happening in that part of the world since pre-biblical times.

Am I an idiot for thinking this way? Time will tell. Someday when there's another terrorist attack and an Iraqi group takes responsibility, think of this post.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Friday, July 14, 2006 6:53 PM on j-body.org
Spend some time over here and tell me that these people are close to being fully functional again. It is still a mess. These people have a lack of motivation on an epic scale. They don't want to do anything to help themselves, instead they expect to be handed everything. This is the main reason we are still over here. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!

P.S. No one wants to get out of here more then I do. It's just the honest truth. We leave and this whole card house falls apart. Guarenteed.

Team GREEN

Saturday, July 15, 2006 9:45 AM on j-body.org
RaiLS: it's a sad truth... No one wants to be there for the long haul, even political types. It was one of the reasons I said that tours should be shortened to 6 months or so. Mainly to reduce stress, but also to keep problems from spilling over.

Pulling out now (or even following the planned reduction of troop strength) is a BAD IDEA. Look at what happened in Cyprus, and a lot of other places where peace-keeping was a long-term reality: you won't solve the problem today, or tomorrow, or even in 5 years. People in Iraq had little to begin with (outside of Ba'thist party followers), and even less now... Those people that were employed by Government agencies are now either at a loose end or have pittance employment... I think that the re-building of Iraq should follow the same kinds of lines as the rebuilding of Germany, France and Italy... basically, get the people employed with the rebuilding of their own country. At this point, there are too many people in higher places that don't trust former Army and government officials (with good reason, no doubt), but there are ways to get them back on their feet and self-sufficient, and at this point, their oil capacity will be the thing that gets them back into the swing of things.

Hopefully this will happen sooner rather than later, but you already know I don't hold out a lot of hope of this happening before 2009.

Monday, July 17, 2006 12:33 AM on j-body.org
I am not even going to read this whole goddam thread

I can give a little bit of reason to this. reason, not excuse, and what they did was still wrong.

sometimes after being shot at and blown up in the feild enough soldiers can really start to break down. unless you have been out there you don't really know what they go through. after a while some soldiers car reach the breaking point of mental reasoning due to combat stress. and eventually they become mental ticking time bomb. at which piont they may consider brutally attacking/massicering/you name it to ANYONE they PERSIVE as the enimy. sorry, its just a part of war. and it has been happining in every war since the begging of time. belive it or not we are way better at controlling ourselves than many other countries. namely, FRANCE.

but since the public spotlight is always on the USA our actions will always be constatly scrutinised on worlwide telivision. no matter what atrocities other countries may commit under the radar

wats wors is the publicks perception of the army and what we do over there. when I see another soldier do something like that I think "wow, thats a @!#$ up soldier" when it is seen on cnn the public perseption is "WOW, thats a @!#$ up army" and then when people in other countries see it they say"WOW, the USA is really @!#$ up". no I'm sure you can see how that effects our efforts in any country in any part of the planet.

now, becouse of a handful of soldiers that lost it, the way other countries look at us and our policies completely changes no matter how much we punish these soldiers for what they did. the news is already out there, and everyone has already made thier own opinions

------------------------------------------------------------------
when you beat someone in a civic people wine and make excuses
when you beat someone in a cavalier they pull over and check under thier hoods

Monday, July 17, 2006 6:29 AM on j-body.org
There is no excuse, and there is no reason. Combat stress is not justification for criminal acts, neither is PTSD. Those soldiers knew what they were doing, and as such should be treated as criminals.

On top of that, France, Britain, Germany... etc etc etc... have had these epsiodes too, and held those responsible up for judgment, also, remember that this was over 60 years ago (There are also cases of criminal acts in Somalia and Rwanda, but the current stream of thought puts the weight of responsibility on the anti-malarial medication given to the troops).

One soldier makes the whole army look bad. It sucks, but it's true. It's just like one bad cop makes the force look bad, and one over-zealous prosecutor makes the entire District Attourney's (or Crown Prosecutor's) Office look bad. One bad apple spoils the bunch, it sucks, because it's true.

In the case of Iraq, scrutiny is doubly intense because of the division over the whole war to begin with. Policy be damned, there wasn't any official plan of action, and that is precisely the reason that policy shifts hour by hour.

All this still doesn't give a soldier a reason or excuse to rape and murder.

Monday, July 17, 2006 8:27 AM on j-body.org
^^^^bingo:

Look at it this way, nutcase. Hypothetically speaking, if GAM was horrible at sex (and i use GAM because he knows i'm speaking in the hypothetical, knows i have no intrest in his Sex life (that's for Sizzy ), and I know he has a g/f), would that be justification for his G/F to cheap on him?

No. Break up with him? Maybe, but not cheat on him. Simple.

It doesn't matter how much post-traumatic some of those soldiers are--nothing justifies their actions.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, July 17, 2006 1:29 PM on j-body.org
I did not mean to say that thier actions were justified by any means.

when I said reason and not excuse, I meant to say reason on "thats WHY they did it" not "its oky that they did it becouse..." by any means

when you beat someone in a civic people wine and make excuses
when you beat someone in a cavalier they pull over and check under thier hoods
Monday, July 17, 2006 2:19 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

I am not even going to read this whole goddam thread

I can give a little bit of reason to this. reason, not excuse, and what they did was still wrong.

sometimes after being shot at and blown up in the feild enough soldiers can really start to break down. unless you have been out there you don't really know what they go through. after a while some soldiers car reach the breaking point of mental reasoning due to combat stress. and eventually they become mental ticking time bomb. at which piont they may consider brutally attacking/massicering/you name it to ANYONE they PERSIVE as the enimy. sorry, its just a part of war. and it has been happining in every war since the begging of time. belive it or not we are way better at controlling ourselves than many other countries. namely, FRANCE.

but since the public spotlight is always on the USA our actions will always be constatly scrutinised on worlwide telivision. no matter what atrocities other countries may commit under the radar

wats wors is the publicks perception of the army and what we do over there. when I see another soldier do something like that I think "wow, thats a @!#$ up soldier" when it is seen on cnn the public perseption is "WOW, thats a @!#$ up army" and then when people in other countries see it they say"WOW, the USA is really @!#$ up". no I'm sure you can see how that effects our efforts in any country in any part of the planet.

now, becouse of a handful of soldiers that lost it, the way other countries look at us and our policies completely changes no matter how much we punish these soldiers for what they did. the news is already out there, and everyone has already made thier own opinions

Quote:

I did not mean to say that thier actions were justified by any means.

when I said reason and not excuse, I meant to say reason on "thats WHY they did it" not "its oky that they did it becouse..." by any means

I completely understand and agree with what you are saying. All you are saying is that you understand how a soldier can be put in a situation where said actions could be justified in his head. This does not make them right, but you can see how something like that could happen.

I am with you on that. It's hard to see that POV unless you have been put in it before though, so I am not sure that a lot of people are going to understand.

Team GREEN

Monday, July 17, 2006 2:54 PM on j-body.org
I follow the idea, but the thing that I'm concerned about is that at somepoint inevitably, combat stress is going to be factored in, and it's a lame (even if it's valid) excuse to pander for dropping a proper penalty to a lesser one.

The other thing is that this will really determine the US forces' muster for meteing out real justice.

I sincerely hope that the accused skip the trial and all the maudeline excuses, and own their crimes.

Monday, July 17, 2006 3:15 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

I follow the idea, but the thing that I'm concerned about is that at somepoint inevitably, combat stress is going to be factored in, and it's a lame (even if it's valid) excuse to pander for dropping a proper penalty to a lesser one.

The other thing is that this will really determine the US forces' muster for meteing out real justice.

I sincerely hope that the accused skip the trial and all the maudeline excuses, and own their crimes.

I am with you on that one too. All actions have consequences. They will get theirs, trust me on that. UCMJ isn't a pony show, they will take care of "the buis - in - ness", if I can quote The Godfather.

One thing that bothers me about this whole thing are the people who stand up and say give them over to the Iraqis. The only reason that we deal with Iraqi criminals is that they do not have the infrastructure to deal with all of them themselves. We deal with our own. They will get a fitting punishment. The max penalty for rape in the U.S. Military is the death penalty (which it should be in the civilian world too). This is NOT an "eye for an eye" thing. This will be delt with in the right way, not by throwing them to the savages where they would be torn from limb to limb in the streets and used as more propaganda by the enemy.

Team GREEN

Monday, July 17, 2006 3:23 PM on j-body.org
I wouldn't say they should be given to the Iraqis yet either, but again, the system of jurisprudence is severely lacking in Iraq these days.

The soldiers in question would be torn apart even if their worst crime was not taking off covers when they walked indoors.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 8:17 AM on j-body.org
Rails: I agree with the death penalty for rape...or at least, castration with a rusty fishook, or in the case of a woman raping someone, spaying by means of a melon baller through the navel.

Anyhow, Nut/rails:

I can understand how a solder under Shell shock/battle fatigue/oerational exhaustion/post-traumatic stress disorder could justify the killing, but where the hell would they think that raping was justified? To me that makes about as much sense as Paris Hilton's continued popularity. To say that would mean that yes, say a canadian killed my g/f, bro, or best friend. So, i go and kill, say, GAM, for example. I don't agree with it, but i can follow the human psyce on that line of reasoning. Canadians killed people dear to me, ergo they are evil. GAM's canadian, Ergo, GAM's evil. I can see that line of faulty logic (and wholly don't agree with it). But what happened would be the equivalent of me then raping GAM's mother/Sister/etc. Now my mind is about one of the basest things there is that can come up with perversity and evil thoughts that would make Satan look like St. Francis of Assisi, but i cannot comprehend how the rape factors in as even justified under a skewed sense of justice.

In other words, I think the guy was @!#$ up to begin with--shell shock or none.

And GAM, i was just using you as an example, i would never think you would slay anyone I hold dear, nor would i slay anyone you hold dear or rape anyone. So please, don't toss a cabre through my bedroom window

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, July 18, 2006 2:10 PM on j-body.org
Trust me, KOTL, we have our share of jacked up people. Sometimes I wonder how these people get through the psych eval.

Team GREEN

Thursday, July 20, 2006 12:45 PM on j-body.org

Military Fears Outcome of Rape Trial
Associated Press | July 17, 2006
BAGHDAD, Iraq - U.S. military officials fear that religious hurdles in exhuming the body of a teenager could complicate the prosecution of American Soldiers accused of raping and murdering the girl - and create a political nightmare for the U.S. mission here.

Given the seriousness of the allegations, U.S. officials believe a vigorous prosecution is essential and punishment should be severe if the five U.S. Soldiers and one former Soldier are convicted.

Anything short of that would be seen by Iraqis as a cover up and could shatter remaining support for the U.S. presence here.

Five Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division are accused of raping and murdering Abeer al-Janabi near the town of Mahmoudiya on March 12. A sixth Soldier is accused of failing to report the crime.

The Soldiers allegedly saw the victim at a checkpoint in the town and plotted the attack for a week, according to federal court documents. Three of her family members were killed in the assault.

But the victim's male relatives have refused to allow her body to be exhumed because of objections from a Muslim cleric. Islamic law frowns on exhumations as desecration of the dead.

"Chief among our concerns is carrying out justice. But when you get town officials or an imam saying that exhuming the body doesn't jive with our cultural sensitivities, that creates a massive stumbling block," a U.S. military official in Baghdad close to the investigation said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak to media.

Without forensic evidence, prosecutors must rely heavily on statements from the suspects. Defense lawyers will doubtless claim those statements were made under duress and seek to keep them from the jury.

While some evidence has been collected at the home where the assault allegedly occurred, officials say none of it confirms guilt.

A photograph of the girl's Iraqi identity card, viewed by The Associated Press in Baghdad, showed the girl was 14 at the time of the attack, with her birthdate listed as Aug. 19, 1991. The identity card was issued in 1993 and shows a picture of the girl as a toddler.

The Soldiers - Sgt. Paul E. Cortez, Spc. James P. Barker, Pfc. Jesse V. Spielman and Pfc. Bryan L. Howard - are accused of rape and murder. They allegedly conspired with former Soldier Steven D. Green, who was arrested last month in North Carolina.

Green, who was discharged from the Army because of a personality disorder, likely will be tried in federal court. The former Army private pleaded not guilty to one count of rape and four counts of murder and is being held without bond.

Sgt. Anthony W. Yribe, is charged with failing to report the attack but is not alleged to have been a direct participant.

Those still on active duty face an Article 32 hearing, the military equivalent of a grand jury proceeding, to determine if they should stand trial. If the case does go to trial, the murder suspects could face the death penalty.

Yet Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has complained that Iraqi courts should try cases of abuse by American Soldiers - something the U.S. command strongly resists - and last week called for a review of an agreement giving foreign troops immunity from Iraqi prosecution.

"Those who are free from being punished misbehave, and they have misbehaved a lot," al-Maliki said.

The U.S. military always has insisted it will punish Soldiers who commit crimes against Iraqis. During a visit last week, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld underscored that position, insisting that "no one" in the U.S. force "is immune," meaning from U.S. though not Iraqi prosecution.

The attack was the latest in a string of allegations that U.S. Soldiers and Marines in Iraq have killed civilians, including the alleged massacre of dozens in Haditha.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------< br />
Just got that story in my inbox. Thought it would add to the discussion. They are going to get nailed to the wall for this. Justice is being served - for all those who think the Army covers up everything and that this won't be take care of correctly.

Team GREEN

Thursday, July 20, 2006 8:53 PM on j-body.org
But Keeper, I AM Evil.

Granted, I'm not the Diet coke or Margarine of evil... I'm the store brand pepsi that is really pepsi but in a store-variety wrapper. I'm stealthy evil like a ninja... In a kilt. And oh mother, is it hard to stealth kill with a Kaber. Takes all my real ultimate power to do it. I'd use a shuriken, but that's not good enough: I have a couple dirks, and a good blackthorn shillelagh.

I've never heard of a Canadian Pirate though...

RaiLS: I think the problem would be that if the Iraqis handled the prosecutions, they'd pretty much be railroaded (no pun intended) into convictions, and harsh sentences. The military is going to vigorously prosecute this, and that is a GOOD thing. This kind of act can't be countenanced in any form.

Thursday, July 20, 2006 9:19 PM on j-body.org
Arrrr, eh?

Team GREEN

Thursday, July 20, 2006 9:31 PM on j-body.org
Can't see it.

Friday, July 21, 2006 4:58 AM on j-body.org
A sample from The Arrogant Worms "The Last Saskatchewan Pirate "

I included only a portion of this fantastic song telling the tale of Canadian pirates.

Quote:

A swinging sword, a skull-and-bones, and pleasant company,
I never pay my income tax and screw the G.S.T. (Screw it!)
Sailin' down to Saskatoon, the terror of the sea
If you wanna reach the Co-op, boy, you gotta get by me!

'Cause it's a heave-ho, high-ho, coming down the Plains
Stealing wheat and barley and all the other grains
And it's a ho-hey, high-hey, farmers bar your doors
When you see the Jolly Roger on Regina's mighty shores

Well pirate life's appealing but you don't just find it here
I heard that in north Alberta there's a band of buccaneers
They roam the Athabasca from Smith to Fort McKay
And you're bound to lose your Stetson if you have to pass their way

Well, winter is a-coming and a chill is in the breeze
My pirate days are over once the river starts to freeze
I'll be back in springtime, but now I've got to go
I hear there's lots of plundering down in New Mexico.

'Cause it's a heave-ho, high-ho, coming down the Plains
Stealing wheat and barley and all the other grains
And it's a ho-hey, high-hey, farmers bar your doors
When you see the Jolly Roger on Regina's mighty shores

Enjoy

PAX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search