"May Day" immigrant protests rant - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 7:35 AM on j-body.org
I dont care they just need all go back to mexico where they are really @!#$ from no wonder why americans cant even find jobs because of these wet backs are taking all american jobs. THEY NEED TO GO @!#$ BACK TO DAM MEXICO WHERE THEY CAME FROM AND STAY THE @!#$ OUT OF US INTILL THEY EARN IT TO LIVE HERE AND PAY FOR TAXES ETC......

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Re: "May Day" immigrant protests rant
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 8:37 AM on j-body.org
uecavboy wrote:Ok it's time for a long long rant.

A: America doesn't NEED these illegals ( i will not call them immigrants). Our economy would not crumble. There are plenty of high school and college students who wouldn't mind doing the jobs they do to save up for college or put themselves through college. $20 an hour to do landscaping on the weekends? Inform me of what college student wouldn't take that job.

B: @!#$ this illegals. They feel they are owed something (citizenship) when they have done nothing but break the laws. The businesses that had to shut down because illegals didn't work there should be shut down permanently for fostering these criminals. Their also spitting in the face of any mexican who is going through the whole legal process to get their green card. If we allow them to stay it's basically saying "break the laws and you'll get ahead.:

C: Yes it would cost billions to transport them back across the border where they belong however perhaps if we cracked down and made it a felony to hire an illegal, there wouldn't be any work for them and their bum arses would be forced to go back to where they came from.

D: Sorry illegals, you ARE NOT like the irish. The irish came here LEGALLY so shut up.

E: If i can remember correctly from my history classes. No other ethnicity protested for having rights given to them wen they were illegal. Illegals are a bunch of whining babies who should not be allowed ONE right that a US citizen has.

F: Since illegals boycotted working today... will they also boycot the FREEEEEEE medical care they receive?

G: These illegals walking down the street should have been detained and deported, end of story. This country made me sick today by doing nothing but watching all these criminals walk down the street freely demanding they be treated like a REAL american.

H: You can wave your american flags all you want but your still not wanted here and 70% of america feels the same way as me. Your illegal and you don't deserve any rights.

I: If your upset because we don't treat you fairly, then get out. Too many people on TV today said how they loved america so much and wanted to stay here. If they really felt they way then WHY are the protesting demanding for things they should never receive. and Alo if they love this country so much then why don't they try to come here legally and earn the right to become a citizen.

J: They also had people on TV protesting who spoke the most broken ass english i've ever heard. Way to really show how you've become an American.

K: A viewer of the Bill O'Riley ( I can't stand him but i liked him tonight), summed it up best when the wrote. "If today is No Gringo Day" then let's make tomorrow "No Illegals in America Day"

L: For anyone who is on the .org or knows someone who marched today. Congrats, you managed to piss off people who USED to be on your side but no longer are. All you idiots did today was make yourself look like a bunch of dumb criminals that deserve nothing more than a swift kick in the arse and a bus ticket back to your homeland. Illegals don't even have the right to protest and i hope to god they never have the right to do anything but live in their homeland.

M: One final note.... If there was even 3 million illegal arabs or muslims living in this country the terror level would be raised to the highest form and we'd be arresting and deporting them faster than ever. Who's to say these illegals are ANY different? There should be a level playing field. You sneak into this country, your a criminal, whatever rights you THINK you have are stripped from you and your sent back home.

AMNESTY?!?! I'm sorry but @!#$ you and anyone else who thinks we should give them AMNESTY. There are FAR FAR too many people both in history and present who have BUSTED THEIR ASSES to go through the legal process and come here legally.

Couldn't have said it better myself. we need a clapping smilie because you deserve a round of applause .

Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 9:12 AM on j-body.org
ToBoGgAn wrote:Tristan, does your father pay all the taxes for these "needed" employees? or is that an unfortunate perk? Point-Blank your father does not deserve to run a business if he can't keep it open legally, don't get pissed, he's just trying to get his even if he has to do it illegally.

wouldn't it be a bitch if your dad got run through and made an example of by the good ole us of a, then youd be pissed at americans for making your dad an example of how not to be a criminal.

Jim Carrey in Liar Liar wrote:STOP BREAKING THE LAW, @!#$!!!!!

Thanks for playing the reading game, moron. I am quite sure I said that he has many friends who run companies or work for them, many of whom have started to hire illegals just to get by. He never has. He pays all of the frigan taxes. Believe me, I know because they come out of my damn paycheck when I work to help him out. His company is small enough that he can get by with what he has...for now.

You know, I continue to see this sad yell of "THEY ARE ILLEGALS" and them some nonsense where you guys equate them to rapists, murders, and any other criminal. For one, the government didn't encourage people to rob stores and steal. They did, however, encourage people to come here illegally and work for pennies. But now we have to get rid of them because there are so damn many of them. So now they get treated like sh!t because our corrupt piece of sh!t government was like sure you can come in, just don't tell no one. It's pathetic.

Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 9:28 AM on j-body.org
They Call Me...Baby Gorilla wrote:which majorly messed up the drive home for alot of people who actually went to work today. .... I think they should all be either fined or jailed for protesting. What gives them the right to? They aren't even American citizens!

People protesting and making it inconvenient for you is a bad thing? Because it puts you out? These people seem to be more American than Americans!! Protesting is a HUMAN right, not an American.

Americans have lost their will to fight for themselves in government, which is why ultimately they will win this debate....because lazy Americans won't get off THEIR ass and hit the street.

Yup, that's right. Bitching in a forum about Cavaliers isn't helping you.

uecavboy wrote:
A: America doesn't NEED these illegals ( i will not call them immigrants). Our economy would not crumble. There are plenty of high school and college students who wouldn't mind doing the jobs they do to save up for college or put themselves through college. $20 an hour to do landscaping on the weekends? Inform me of what college student wouldn't take that job.

Even your examples are weak. The lawn service for my neighborhood is done during the work week. Not weekends. Kids don't mow lawns for cash anymore. I can't even get the neighborhood kids to wash any of my four cars for less than $10 a pop! It takes 15 minutes! Please.

uecavboy wrote:B: @!#$ this illegals. They feel they are owed something (citizenship) when they have done nothing but break the laws.

Really? Because according to 95% of the economist reports on the issue, they say America's economy couldn't of possibly achieved the growth it did during the last 15 years without them. So they did do something besides break laws (which is a ridiculous statement), they contributed to the economy.

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hs=OLw&hl=en&lr=lang_en&safe=off&c2coff=1&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=economic+growth+of+illegal+immigrants&btnG=Search

Quote:

I: If your upset because we don't treat you fairly, then get out.

They were fine until they were about to be branded felons for mowing lawns, being nannies, picking our fruits and veggies and building our houses.

Quote:

They also had people on TV protesting who spoke the most broken ass english i've ever heard.

I've also heard some punk-ass English on BET and CMT.

Quote:

All you idiots did today was make yourself look like a bunch of dumb criminals

No, they looked like Americans. Like all these Americans did...

April 30, Coxey's Army. Protest march by unemployed American workers.
March 3, Women's Suffrage march. 5,000 march to support women's voting rights.

August 8, Ku Klux Klan march. 35,000 Ku Klux Klan members march to show support for the KKK.
June 17, Bonus Army. March by World War I veterans seeking advance payment of bonuses from the federal government.

August 28, March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom. March at which Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. gave his I Have a Dream speech. 250,000 march.
April 17, March Against the Vietnam War. Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) held its first anti-Vietnam War protest rally in Washington. 25,000 attend.

October 22, March on the Pentagon. Major march to protest the Vietnam War.
January 15, Jeannette Rankin brigade. Called for withdrawal of troops from Vietnam.

November 15, National Mobilization to End the War. 600,000 demonstrate against the war in Vietnam.
May 9, Kent State/Cambodia Incursion Protest. A week after the Kent State shootings, a 100,000 demonstrators converged on Washington to protest the shootings and Nixon's incursion into Cambodia.

April 24, Vietnam War Out Now rally. 500,000 call for end to Vietnam War.
May 3, May Day Protests 1971. Mass action by Vietnam anti-war militants to shut down the federal government.

October 14, National March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights First march on Washington drew 100,000 gay men and lesbians to Washington, DC to demand equal civil rights for gay men and lesbians.
September 19, Solidarity Day march. AFL-CIO organized march to protest Reagan Administration labor and domestic policies. 260,000 march.

November 27, Washington Anti-Klan protest 1982.
October 11, Second National March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights. The second march on Washington drew 500,000 gay men and women to protest for equal civil rights and to demand government action in the fight against AIDS.
April 25, March on Washington for Lesbian, Gay and Bi Equal Rights and Liberation. Organizers estimated 1,000,000 attended the March, but the National Park Service estimated attendance at 300,000.

October 16, Million Man March.
May 14, Million Mom March. March against gun violence.
April 25, March for Women's Lives.

October 17,Million Worker March.
January 20, Counter-inaugural protests. Demonstrations against George W. Bush's second inauguration.

September 24, September 24, 2005 anti-war protest. Anti-Iraq War protest.
October 15, Millions More Movement. March to commemorate the 10th Anniversary of the <i>Million Man March</i>.

Quote:

Fact of the mater is, high school and college students would take those jobs

Illegals do make it harder for the semi-skilled labor to get jobs. It's true. That's why the solution is further improve and streamline the immigration process, and harshly punish those that hire illegals. I would propose we regulate the stream of immigrants based on the unemployment rate.

Quote:

There are FAR FAR too many people both in history and present who have BUSTED THEIR ASSES to go through the legal process and come here legally.

That's patently false. Before the Emergency Quota Act of 1921, people were practically just let in..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_the_United_States#Immigration_1790_to_1849
Between 1850 and 1930 about 5 million Germans immigrated to the United States with a peak in the years between 1881 and 1885, when a million Germans left Germany and settled mostly in the Midwest. Between 1820 and 1930, 3.5 million British (mostly Protestant) and 4.5 million Irish (mostly Catholic) entered America. Before the 1840s most Irish immigrants were Irish Presbyterians or Scotch-Irish. After 1840, the Catholics arrived in large numbers, in part because of the famines of the 1840s. .

Between 1840 and 1930, about 900,000 French Canadians left Quebec to emigrate to the United States and settled mainly in New England. Given the Quebec population at the time, this was a massive exodus. 13.6 million Americans claimed to have French ancestry in the 1980 census. A large proportion of them have ancestors who emigrated from French Canada.

The years 1910 to 1920 were the highpoint of Italian immigration to the United States. Over 2 million Italians immigrated in those years, with a total of 5.3 million immigrating between 1820 and 1980. About a third of them returned to Italy, after working an average of 5 years in the US.

About 1.5 million Swedes and Norwegians immigrated to the United States within this period, due to opportunity in America and poverty and religious oppression in united Sweden-Norway. This accounted for around 20% of the total population of the kingdom at that time. They settled mainly in the Midwest after their arrival in America; Minnesota in particular has a large proportion of people with Swedish and Norwegian ancestry. Danes, however, had comparably low immigration rates due to a better government and economy; most Danish immigrants were Mormon converts who moved to Utah.

Over 2 million Eastern Europeans, mainly Catholics, immigrated during the years of 1880 to 1924. People of Polish ancestry are the largest Eastern European ancestry group in the United States. Immigration of Eastern Orthodox ethnic groups was much lower.

From 1880 to 1924, around 2 million Jews moved to the United States, mostly seeking better opportunity in America and fleeing the pogroms of Eastern Europe. After 1933 Jews who tried to flee Nazi Germany were often denied access to the United States, highlighted by the event of the S.S. St. Louis.

CaliforniaCavalier wrote:
also, we dont have to spend any money to deport 11 million people. simply make a national broadcast that states any illegals in the country after 7 days will be shot.

That'd be dumb. Who has more guns in California, the white people or the brown people?

uecavboy wrote: road people may see it as inhumane in history books but at this point in time 70% wants them gone. And majority rules (at least in america it used to).

Link to to this 70%. I want evidence.

---

Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 10:23 AM on j-body.org
I didn't equat them to murderers or child molesters or drug dealers I called them murderers, child molesters and drug dealers. We have no idea who these people are what their back grounds are if they're wanted for any crimes because they snuck in. Most are decent hard working people that should be given a chance to stay here legally.
But you have some that are on the run from the law and your wanting to welcome them with open arms. Let them go thru the proper checks and channels so they can remain here legally. If the system is so flawed and so bad then how are any of us here? Its a BS, lame, lazy excuss that its so hard to stay here legally. I got news for you th world is a hard unfair place and too bad if you don't like it. Thats life !! Get a helmet !!

What if we all did things the easy way and no one worked had for anything ? None of you would have a car cause it would be stolen and your ass would be walking ! None of you would have the computer your typeing on right now because someone would have stolen it ! We all obey the law and follow the rules and bust our asses everyday so why should these people get a free pass to stay and be allowed to continue to break the law ?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 10:33 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:So then because there are soooo many of them they should get a free pass is that what your saying ? How about child molesters, there's whole bunches of them should they get a free pass to ? Or like you said murderers, lots of them too free pass for them as well ? Drug dealers are everywhere how can we possibly catch them all so we should just stop trying right ?

how are you making the connection between a bunch of people who come to work, versus a bunch of people who are criminals? one, if those who came are criminals in terms of true crimes, then yes, they are criminals and should be taken out. if they are "criminals" just because they are illegal, doesn't institute them to be handled as drug dealers or murderers, or however the hell you're trying to make the connection, because i just dont see your point comparing working people to drug dealers. yes, the situation should be dealt with, but at the same time, its not as easy as "shipping them all back" or building a stupid ass fence as everyone says.

and as pointed above, i also want to know where the hell the 70% number came from? thats the biggest load of bull@!#$ i've ever heard.

and for anyone who's ever tried to get citizenship, you will know that is a ROYAL pain in the ass to do. one of the reasons people dont do it and/or get rejected is because the immigration department has SOOO many loopholes and SOOO many problems, and besides the current FEMA and Homeland Security, is one of the worst depts (in my opinion) in the government. Immigration needs to be redone from the ground up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 10:52 AM on j-body.org
^ ^ ^ ^ Easy did you see my posting directly above yours? When you enter this country LEGALLY they do a background check on you and see if you have any wants or warrents from your home country. These people are sneeking in and by-passing this screening process so simply by the amount of them pouring into this country some are bound to be murderers, child molesters, rapeists, and thieves. Look I've been thru this with AGuSTiN before and I said it then and I'll say it now, I have no problem with the govt changeing a system that is said not to work ( tho I find that hard to believe seeing how its worked just fine for over a hundred years, but hey... ) I have no problem with people comeing here to better thier life and thier families lives, I think its great they want better.
But at the same time you have those who would never be allowed to enter based on their criminal record. But then I guess none of you who think this is just fine and dandy have thought of this have you ? The govt. has the obligation to the people already here as legal citizens to protect them from criminals so why should a background check be allowed to be by-passed ? In fact why should any of the imigration laws currently on the books be ignored and by-passed so these people should be allowed to stay ? A line needs to be drawn and it has, its the law and like it or not it needs to be followed.

I bet you'd change your tune if an illegal moved in down the street and you later find out hes wanted in Mexico for molesting children. Especialy if you have some kids of your own !

So should we stop everyone because 2 or 3% may be bad guys or do we allow them all in ? We need to protect ourselves and our families first and then help everyone else.

Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 10:54 AM on j-body.org
i wanna go to mexico and try to pull half of the bull@!#$ these damn people are doing out here, they dont belong here in the first place
when i go to mexico i want:
1) free medical
2) the right to have any job that i want working with customer
3)send my kids to a ENGLISH speaking only school
4) speak english as often as i want and expect the public to understand me
5) pop out 10 million kids so i can stay there

but hell no i dont wanna go to mexico because it sucks there, they are jelous and want to come here because they have ran there country into the ground, my family traces back to mexico and i am a quater spanish, i dont perfer to be but i am, i am in this country legally and i am damn proud of this place, i say the pledge of allegence in english and dont speak a word of spanish, some off these people need to be shot, well i am done for now

fully built 2200-TO4E T3/T4-HP tuners-373hp @18psi
Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 11:50 AM on j-body.org
well from what i remember seeing in statistics, a majority of the crimes that are committed here in the US are done by legal US people, meaning whites, blacks, hispanics, etc, not illegals. Yes there is crime, but dont make it seem like americans are fine and dandy people. I love my country, and want to see the best for it, but reality is also the present. As of now, there is no good solution to helping the "problem". I'm not saying that we need to let it slide, on the contrary, but we do need to realize what is the job at hand.

and
KavyKidLN2 wrote:my family traces back to mexico and i am a quater spanish, i dont perfer to be but i am and dont speak a word of spanish

and that right there is also pure and stupid ignorance. people like you are what make "heritage" and family a disgrace. my direct roots are from south america, but i was born and raised here in the US. i dont consider myself too in touch with the countries that my parents came from, but i do proudly speak spanish when i want to, and i do have contact w/ the rest of my family, and wouldn't mind going back to visit. that said, i most likely will always live here and live the american way of life, because thats what i like.

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 12:15 PM on j-body.org
Agustin: We've gone back and forth in so many previous posts I'm just going to stop responding to you lol. Not to be mean but you've made good points, I've made good points and neither of our minds will be changed. I respect your opinion because unlike many people who post (on both sides) they seem to just spout off without reading a post or doing research.

Onto the 70% of Americans that agree that amnesty shouldn't be granted to these illegals.... During the protests there was a poll going out (similiar to any other poll to show how they feel about the situation i iraq etc etc etc. 70% of the people who took the poll agreed that amnesty should not be granted. Many of these 70% used to be on the other side with the illegals saying they deserve rights. However the protests showed many of these people that the illegals were asking for amnesty. The protests did more damage to illegals than it did good. Pres Bush was already on their side before this protest. All this did was show the public how criminals wanted to get a free pass.

Now for immigration issues. Perhaps the process is painstakingly long is to prevent people from flocking into this country at an alarming rate. Yes I understand many immigrants before stood in line, got their hand stamped and entered the country with ease. However that was a LONG time ago, back when the general population was not as crowded as it is now. We could afford to let many people in at a fast rate. In today's day and age however, america (along with the rest of the world) is quite over populated. Traffic is already bad enough, pollution is already bad enough, the last thing we need is more people coming into the US and polluting and driving. Now this is just one small reason as to why perhaps the process takes so long. At first I believed it should be sped up after listening to arguments from Agustin and others. However now I believe that speeding up the process would just allow a huge rush of people coming into this country.

Also. I compare illegal aliens to rapists, murderers, car jackers, etc etc because their all crimes. But just to appease you people, I'll compare illegals to say, people that avoid paying taxes and are arrested for tax evasion and fraud (a non violent crime). There are many people who go to prision or are fined and convicted of tax evasion/tax fraud. But we should grant them amnesty because it costs a lot to put them through the legal system and keep them in their prison cells. In america we don't do that though. We sacrifice the fact that these less violent criminals are still put behind bars and it costs billions each year to do so. I'm willing to bet if we granted amnesty on tax evadors we'd wind up SAVING money because what the government looses from people who are tax frauds is probably cheaper than what the government pays to put them through the legal system and keep them behind bars. So since it would be more cost effective to grant them amnesty then why don't we just do that to?

Bottom line: Law outweighs how much money we lose by following the law. At least in most situations is does. The illegal aliens situation should be no different.

"welcome to the most expensive hobby ever..."
Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 1:20 PM on j-body.org
Yes there are not hardly any bad guys any place else in the whole wide world they're already all here so what difference does a few more make? The point is they broke the law period end of story. Why do you think criminals should not be punished or held accountable ?

Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 1:22 PM on j-body.org
I dont understand how all the people protesting didnt get pinched. I mean, they were all right there, ripe for the pickin!

Whatever. Just shows once again how useless this administration is

Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 1:44 PM on j-body.org
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:I dont understand how all the people protesting didnt get pinched. I mean, they were all right there, ripe for the pickin!

Whatever. Just shows once again how useless this administration is

Your a dumbass they are going to arrest what 400,000 people here in Chicago and do what with them? Is there some place that holds 400,000 people I dont know about?

If anything you should be glad they are here, they have actually helped this country, not hurt it.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 1:45 PM on j-body.org
^ ^ ^ ^ Well the problem is that if they did swoop in and nab all the illegals they would have to hurry up and build that wll that they are starting out there on the border.

Has anyone heard of this yet? These minute men guys have been raiseing money and getting private donations and are planning to replicate the wall that Isreal had between it and Palistine. It'll have a huge fence with razor wire then a moat then more razor wire a huge smooth wall with razor wire on top then a road with motion sensors and then another wall with razor wire more razor wire another moat and another fence with razor wire. Now the ultra cool thing is that they already own the land or have full permission from every land owner along the border with Mexico and they have already strted construction of it. Next thing will be anti personel mines and claymores! I bet once the word of that kind of wall starts to get around no one will even bother to try.

Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 1:50 PM on j-body.org
you know thier is a saying in the movie tombstone when he makes the law that you can't carry a gun in town

"I'm not saying you can't own a gun, hell i'm not saying you can't buy a gun, all i'm saying you can't carry a gun in town"

on yourself he means, infact that simple law on the movie at least is what started the ok corral shooting. either way they broke a law, rather there good people or not they broke the law. and if they can get away with breaking the law then every american should be able to let say a class ! misdemeanor pick one that you would like to break and do it and when you get arrested tell the cop its my law for all the thousands of the illegal low pieces od S#It on our country. and yes this is coming from a hispanic, and I know alot more that think the sameway i do.

maybe we should all go beat the hell out of every illegal and say thats my one law i get to break for them to break theirs.

Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 2:09 PM on j-body.org
Ok. I've been thinking about this and I have what I think is an OK idea:

1. All the illegals leave the country. On they way out we process them and give them ID cards stating they are illegal and tell them to come back to the border station in 30-45 days.

2. When they come back we run them through the federal crimes system (do we even have one?) to verify they have not committed any felonies, or malicious crimes. If they haven't, in you go on a temporary visa. If you did... too bad, so sad, go back from whence you came.

3. Everyone who was allowed back in must go through the legal immigration system (ie, taking tests learning about the history of this counrty, learn English, etc.). Once they have completed those task then they are legal citizens.

4. Anyone we turned away that is found to have crossed the boarded illegally again, will be put on a prison work detail a la Sherrif Joe Arpaio (pink boxers, no A/C, only the Disney channel) to help build a new fence around the boarder of this country. North and South.

5. If someone could not pass the citizenship tests because they had some sort of issue: the Army is low on recruitment. Sign up, learn a skill (in most military jobs), do your time and then you will be awarded your citizenship.

6. If you commit a felony or malicious crime you get deported. If you try to come back? See number 5.

I think it's humane, and we will actually gain honest people that actually want to work and are willing to go through the hoops to do it.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English, thank a veteran.
Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 2:16 PM on j-body.org
WEEZL wrote:Ok. I've been thinking about this and I have what I think is an OK idea:

1. All the illegals leave the country. On they way out we process them and give them ID cards stating they are illegal and tell them to come back to the border station in 30-45 days.

Your plan fails right here. The cost is estimated to be no less than 500 billion dollars to export them all, not including economic hardship to areas where labor is illegal-depedant.

I don't see what's wrong with the plan congress just voted down. If you've been here X years, you register, pay the fine for your trespass, take the classes and become legal. Here. While working.

---

Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 3:23 PM on j-body.org
Okay since they put you in charge of how it is going to go, lets see how @!#$ up your plan is.

WEEZL wrote:Ok. I've been thinking about this and I have what I think is an OK idea:

Really they just leave, your going to go outside with a megophone and tell them that?
They worked so hard to get here they arent going to leave because you say so.

Plus some figures put the cost of rounding them all up at $400 billion dollars.

WEEZL wrote:
2. When they come back we run them through the federal crimes system (do we even have one?) to verify they have not committed any felonies, or malicious crimes. If they haven't, in you go on a temporary visa. If you did... too bad, so sad, go back from whence you came.

Okay but if they are illegal they didnt exist so they arent in this system you speak of, which doesnt exist anyways.

Onto the next one......

WEEZL wrote:

3. Everyone who was allowed back in must go through the legal immigration system (ie, taking tests learning about the history of this counrty, learn English, etc.). Once they have completed those task then they are legal citizens.

Hey news flash they have to take the test anyways to become citizens. So this already in place.

WEEZL wrote:

4. Anyone we turned away that is found to have crossed the boarded illegally again, will be put on a prison work detail a la Sherrif Joe Arpaio (pink boxers, no A/C, only the Disney channel) to help build a new fence around the boarder of this country. North and South.

Okay there we go again with this wall idea. For one people will find a different way to get across the border, you think a wall is going to stop them if they want freedom that bad?

Sounds like an idea from Pres. Bush he generally thinks of ways to piss away a lot of money, Iraq, and Afghanastan is two big ones.

WEEZL wrote:

5. If someone could not pass the citizenship tests because they had some sort of issue: the Army is low on recruitment. Sign up, learn a skill (in most military jobs), do your time and then you will be awarded your citizenship.

Okay but you have a to be a US citizen to join the army. So if they arent a citizen how can they join. Wait your going to make an exception right? Okay so we have non - US citizens in the US army, makes sense to me...yeah.

WEEZL wrote:

6. If you commit a felony or malicious crime you get deported. If you try to come back?

Something I agree on, if an illegal immigranst commits a crime send em' packing.

WEEZL wrote:

I think it's humane, and we will actually gain honest people that actually want to work and are willing to go through the hoops to do it.

Its not humane, it is riduclous you wont let these people make an honest living in this country.
These people arent here to hurt you and your family, they simply want a better life.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 3:32 PM on j-body.org
Rob S wrote:
WEEZL wrote:

6. If you commit a felony or malicious crime you get deported. If you try to come back?

Something I agree on, if an illegal immigranst commits a crime send em' packing.

They've already committed a crime.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 4:37 PM on j-body.org
Rob S wrote:

Okay but you have a to be a US citizen to join the army. So if they arent a citizen how can they join. Wait your going to make an exception right? Okay so we have non - US citizens in the US army, makes sense to me...yeah.[

No you don't have to be a citizen to join the military. There are plenty of people that join the military here to gain citizenship. I have a friend who is a Mexican citizen and is in the Air Force. Once he does his time he will get his citizenship as long as they don't screw him over. I know someone who was also a Mexican citizen who served her time but did not get her citizenship.

If they have been caught before hand they will be in the system. And they will show up if a search is done.

If they want to make an honest living here why didn't they come over legally?

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English, thank a veteran.
Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 7:08 PM on j-body.org
Thankyou Agustin and Rob S and the few others who see the light in this issue.

The fact is plain and simple, we cannot afford to get rid of all the illegals. The price is far too high. 500 billion to deport all of them, and my guess is that doesn't even include the resources it would take to find all of the illegals, and watch as many businesses collapse. That doesn't sound too pretty to me. And you guys keep calling them criminals and keep saying "they came illegally and broke the law." Yeah, you're right. But as I've said before, the government practically opened the door for them. They are to blame for so much of this. But, we should just make the illegals pay for the mistakes of our government, right? I agree with Agustin, I don't see much wrong with the plan that was voted down. It's not amnesty, and they have to actually take the classes and become citizens. Sounds good to me.

Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 7:47 PM on j-body.org
the government should just let us midwestern hicks unload on them... weve got enough shotguns, rifles, pitchforks, and castrators to show 'em what they're dealing with.

Check out my build thread!

Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 8:14 PM on j-body.org
Tristan wrote:Thankyou Agustin and Rob S and the few others who see the light in this issue.

The fact is plain and simple, we cannot afford to get rid of all the illegals. The price is far too high. 500 billion to deport all of them, and my guess is that doesn't even include the resources it would take to find all of the illegals, and watch as many businesses collapse. That doesn't sound too pretty to me. And you guys keep calling them criminals and keep saying "they came illegally and broke the law." Yeah, you're right. But as I've said before, the government practically opened the door for them. They are to blame for so much of this. But, we should just make the illegals pay for the mistakes of our government, right? I agree with Agustin, I don't see much wrong with the plan that was voted down. It's not amnesty, and they have to actually take the classes and become citizens. Sounds good to me.

I can agree with this, but... since the plan was voted down, what do we do now?

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 8:21 PM on j-body.org
Okay, I didn't read everything everyone said, but i'm mexican and am illegal....lol, just playing, honestly though, I read the first page where someone said that any college kid would love to take a job at landscaping for 20$ an hour....i have to call BS on that....From the image i've got of college students that i've met they've mostly got parents with a little bit of money...I , on the other hand, had to join the Army in order to get my college money, and instead of going to college i'm in Iraq now fighting some war that no one knows what it's all about...watching T.V. as i eat my dinner and seeing these %$#@$%^ Immigrants running around the streets like we owe them something, the only thing i owe them is $1 for the Big Mac on the dollar menu. I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, but honestly, America is getting WAY too soft! Back in the day when Pearl Harbor got bombed, every young man was standing at the recruits office wanting to get revenge on those SOB's but now we get hit on 9/11 and all we do is support our troops, so now we definately have a shortage of National Guard cause theres more National Guard here in Iraq than actual Active Duty.....something is wrong in that picture to me...In times like these i think they should've called the guard in and arrested the immigrants, which aren't supposed to be here in the first place.....anyways.....thats my outlook on it....if they can't work there way up the ladder because they got here illegally, then sorry for ya, shoulda came here legally if thats what your wanting!

NEW SIG COMING SOON FOR 07'!!!
Re:
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 8:28 PM on j-body.org
Ok, How's this sound, for the 10th time. Wow guys, really? 500 billion eh? Yes, I understand rounding them up like cattle and deporting them would cost 500 billion dollars, great, I have wrapped the figure around my head. 500 billion.

Again I will state. Perhaps if we rained holy hell down onto the businesses that support these criminals, we impose SERIOUS penalties. Penalties to the point where no business would be dumb enough to hire illegals. THEN since illegals can't find any work in this country, they wil llive on their own. THERE, for the 10th time. There's a way to not spend 500 billion.

And oh yea, I forgot. The GOVERNMENT is to blame for illegal aliens slipping through the border. DUH, I completely forgot we opened the borders for them to come into.

Thank you Z24 FReQ. And to rob. If their called "illegal" it's because they came here "illegally" and if websters is correct, illegal means breaking the law.

I suppose I'll just stop posting about this topic. I can't handle all these niave people. Agustin, at least you have information to provide instead of a only your personal beliefs.

"welcome to the most expensive hobby ever..."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search