thoughts about - Page 5 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: thoughts about
Saturday, April 15, 2006 12:44 PM on j-body.org
Is that even a website

Saturday, April 15, 2006 12:48 PM on j-body.org
http://www.911commission.gov/

yep.

It's in repose since 2004, so external links may have died. You can look up the AP reports through Google... just use AP or Reuters as the first search term.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, April 17, 2006 5:14 AM on j-body.org
no plane? ok i live Near boswell pa, of which i attended North Star High School and was a senior when the plane went down. Believe me there was a plane b/c sitting in class with the windows open on a sunny warm day, WE HEARD THE THING, flying low. so there was a plane. North Star is roughly 5-6 miles from the crash site.
Monday, April 17, 2006 12:18 PM on j-body.org
I never said there was no plane.

BTW, can you tell the difference between a 747, a 767, and a 777 by the engine tone? For that matter, can you tell the difference between a cruise missile's jet engine, and a Lear 400's engines?

Hearing it is one thing... Seeing it and identifying it is quite another.

Monday, April 17, 2006 12:25 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:
BTW, can you tell the difference between a 747, a 767, and a 777 by the engine tone? For that matter, can you tell the difference between a cruise missile's jet engine, and a Lear 400's engines?

Can't everyone?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, April 17, 2006 4:41 PM on j-body.org
I can't...

But then again, how many people know the melting point of ASTM E 119 Structural steel?

Monday, April 17, 2006 5:10 PM on j-body.org
actually its easy to tell a cruise missile from a lear jet, and to tell a 747 from a 777

a cruise missile has a single engine while a lear jet has 2, it makes a different sound

and A 747 has 4 engines while a 777 has only 2, again, it makes a different sound.

granted ive been around turbine engines for over 6 years, so mabey im in tune with them more than the average person, but hey, it can be done

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Monday, April 17, 2006 5:27 PM on j-body.org
Mike: that's the whole reason I can work with fingerprints. Most people wouldn't know a tented arch from a loop from a double-ended nutant loop.

Monday, April 17, 2006 5:32 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Mike: that's the whole reason I can work with fingerprints. Most people wouldn't know a tented arch from a loop from a double-ended nutant loop.

A what from a what?? you have just totally confused me!! that does it, im gonna go slice off my fingerprints like that guy in Seven

back on point, if you have worked around aircraft, you can probably tell engines apart, but if you are unfamiliar with planes, i doubt it. and many people cant even tell a 747 from a 777 by looking at it. or whats even better is the people who can't tell a boeing 767 from an airbus A320

Hail Satan

Monday, April 17, 2006 6:30 PM on j-body.org
747 and a 777 have a difference of 2 engines (747 has 4, I only know that because I've been on one), right?

IF you look up fingerprints on line, you can find the types, don't need to slice up your fingers, just use an ink pad and roll onto a piece of card or roll your fingers on a piece of glass in the morning before you shower.

Most people don't know that 99.7% of human DNA is the same for everyone.

The same thing applies to working in Forensics. If you have a general grasp of basic sciences (ie, physics, biology, mathematics, chemistry etc...) you can figure out pretty quickly whats sh*t and whats shinola. It's one of the reasons a LOT of people that study a division of forensics don't get work, but people that study for General Science degrees get jobs in the field.

Monday, April 17, 2006 6:33 PM on j-body.org
actually i knew the dna thing....one point for me

and yeah the major visual difference between a 747 and 777 is that the 747 has 4 engines and the 777 has 2. also the 747 has an upper deck where the 777 does not, and the 777 has much larger wing surface area

oh and usually you can tell an airbus because it is missing a critical part, like the tail and usually has a crash team around it

Hail Satan

Monday, April 17, 2006 6:43 PM on j-body.org
Did you know that 90% of all animal DNA is the same? You have more in common with your dog than you knew

Over 40% of animal and plant DNA is the same.

Monday, April 17, 2006 6:49 PM on j-body.org
i would guess that 90%of all mammal DNA is the same, but i didn't know that 90% of all animals are the same.

and the plant thing is new to me.......thats strange

so how long till humans engineer a way to use photosynthesys like plants do for food production

Hail Satan

Monday, April 17, 2006 7:01 PM on j-body.org
We already do Farming?

We're already using plants to create human-type hemoglobin suppliments.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 4:27 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:I never said there was no plane.

Hearing it is one thing... Seeing it and identifying it is quite another.

You mean people cant do that?

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 8:34 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

oh and usually you can tell an airbus because it is missing a critical part, like the tail and usually has a crash team around it

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I had to send that to my bro! He used to work for a metal finishing shop that did work for both Bowing and Airbus.

Although, i ahve to say this...of all the planes i've flown on, i'd have to say the 777 is far better than anything airbus i've flown on.

In fact, a CRJ seemed less rickety, even though the canuck that designed the bloody thing (with a name like Canadian Regional jet, call it a hunch, but i think the guy that designed it was Canuckistani and not Americanese) needed to build the restrooms a lot bigger--if a guy that's of medium build and 6'0 has to be a yoga master to use the restroom, then you have problems.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 8:43 AM on j-body.org
It's the Canadair Regional Jet. And I feel your pain Keep... I had to take one from Atlanta to Ottawa, and it ended up being a very cramped 4.5 hour flight.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 12:13 PM on j-body.org
Hey now, the CRJ is a great little regional. That's it though, it should be limited to 2 hour and under flights. It is made by Bombardier, for those who are curious.

I have been in the upper deck of a 747, that takes the cake for me. Although, the A340 is super nice as well. I like the widebodies (Heavies). Worst flight? A319, OMG that sucked. Lockheed 1011s come close to the worst for me as well.

Of course that all depends on the airline. It is the customer that desides the seating etc. not the builder.

PAX
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 12:53 PM on j-body.org
I want a pet monkey next. I'll hug him and squeeze him and I'll name him George.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 4:13 PM on j-body.org
mikec2003 wrote:oh and usually you can tell an airbus because it is missing a critical part, like the tail and usually has a crash team around it

did you see the one when America West (when they were America West) backed the 319 into the terminal, damn near ripping the tail section off?
kinda cool. Airbus flew their "Super Guppy" plane out with a whole new tail section.
working out at America West was cool. especially when they dropped the 757 on it's nose because they forgot to put the linch pin in the front landing gear during hydraulic tests.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 1:41 AM on j-body.org
Why is it that I all of a sudden REALLY don't want to fly with America West??

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 4:10 AM on j-body.org
eh, they aren't bad. I'm pretty sure if you looked up a history on any major airline, they've had problems like that.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 4:49 AM on j-body.org
this thread got off topic

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 5:50 AM on j-body.org
What?!?! You mean pet monkies aren't on topic?

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 8:59 AM on j-body.org
No, but Barbara Olsen being caught with forged currency is I don't know if it's for real, but it's interesting.

http://www.vialls.com/lies911/lies.htm
http://www.physics911.net/cellphoneflight93.htm

It's interesting that phone calls @10,000 feet in a faraday cage that wouldn't be able to connect normally were connecting perfectly as well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search