Was I profiled? - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Was I profiled?
Monday, February 20, 2006 4:43 PM on j-body.org
I gotta agree with you. Hell, you can't even do anything to your car without getting profiled as a street racer by cops. Regardless, just cause a group caused problems elsewhere, doesn't mean the cops should go against everyones car groups they see. I mean, look at it this way, if you were at a JBO meet and cops swarmed the place and raided your car cause someones looked similar to yours at a drug bust or something, would you be happy about that? Its not fair that the cops profile anyone with a modded car as instant street racer.

Monday, February 20, 2006 7:47 PM on j-body.org
Exodus 259 wrote:I gotta agree with you. Hell, you can't even do anything to your car without getting profiled as a street racer by cops. Regardless, just cause a group caused problems elsewhere, doesn't mean the cops should go against everyones car groups they see. I mean, look at it this way, if you were at a JBO meet and cops swarmed the place and raided your car cause someones looked similar to yours at a drug bust or something, would you be happy about that? Its not fair that the cops profile anyone with a modded car as instant street racer.

First off, they cant do that.

Police need probable cause to conduct anything more extensive than a "plain sight" search of a private vehicle/occupance. So NO cops are going to pull you over, jack you up, and search your car because it slightly resembles one involved in a crime. NOW if you happen to be unfortunate enough to match the description of the perpetrator and vehicle and are driving irratically/speeding with expired tags and illegal tint. well guess what PC.

2004 WR Blue/silver STi
Cobb Stage II
12.69 @ 106.1mph 1.66 = 60ft
Monday, February 20, 2006 10:58 PM on j-body.org
Exodus 259 wrote:I gotta agree with you. Hell, you can't even do anything to your car without getting profiled as a street racer by cops. Regardless, just cause a group caused problems elsewhere, doesn't mean the cops should go against everyones car groups they see. I mean, look at it this way, if you were at a JBO meet and cops swarmed the place and raided your car cause someones looked similar to yours at a drug bust or something, would you be happy about that? Its not fair that the cops profile anyone with a modded car as instant street racer.

Unfortunately that's what happends...

Thank you Exodus for keeping it real by the way.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:41 PM on j-body.org
I just call it like I see it . . .

Luke, they didn't have any cause for NJHK tickets. They pulled him over specifically out of the pack of 40 who most had tints, exhaust, etc. All the mods they were harping on his car about, yet no one else got nailed in this. When there is a sting somewhere, EVERYONE gets nailed. Just not one person. In this case, out of this group of cars they asked to leave, he was the only one who obtained tickets for mods. That alone says something was going on that wasn't right.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 2:11 PM on j-body.org
I'm telling ya its the hair !

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, February 27, 2006 9:16 PM on j-body.org
Exodus, when you can instruct the law enforcement agencies on how exactly you can tactically/safely stop 40+ vehicles, I'm sure they'd be gald to hear it.

I don't think anyone was profiled in this situation. Mayhap there were some comments that were unnecessary, but I don't think that the comment was a racial slur...more than likely it was directed to the tuner car crowd.

And yes, if anyone is curious, I am a "cop." If I can add insight to any situations I'd be more than happy to help. I've been that same "kid" with loud exhaust and tinted windows. Hell, I have a pretty noticeable Corsa exhaust on my 2005 Silverado.

-----------------------------------------------------------
A heap of broken images, where the sun beats,
And the dead tree gives no shelter, the crickets no relief,
And the dry stone no sound of water. Only
There is a shadow under this red rock,
(Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

Monday, March 06, 2006 12:35 PM on j-body.org
Adam, I agree with you. I think you were profiled. Not neccesaraliy (sp) race, but by your car.

I had the same problem with a local municipality. They pulled me over and gave me tickets for stuff that was done to my car cause their laws say it is illegal. I fought it in court saying that my vehicle is not registered in that municipality, therefore, I don't have to abide by their vehicle equiptment laws. I won.
I have also filed a suit for harrassment against that municipality. Every time I go thru, they follow me to see if I'm gonna do something wrong. I purposlly do 10 mph under the speed limit just to piss them off.

I would say that if the things that they ticked you for are their own laws (doubt it if is tint, reg, and plate) then you can tell the same I told the municipality here. If state laws, I think you won't win, but you could file some sort of suit against the officer and municipality.

Friday, March 17, 2006 7:32 PM on j-body.org
let me give you two examples to think about. when i was 16 i had an old volare. biggest piece of crap on the earth. me and my buddies would spray paint it about every other day, just tagiing it all over painting workds pictures whatever came to mind. well one morning i got woken up at around 3 am by the police, someone had been out tagging cars and they new mine was spraypainted so they came to my house. granted up until this point i didnt even have a speeding ticket. they just new my car, they asked to look into the car and i said sure, well in the backseat i must have had a dozen spray paint cans. they asked to see one, and they took it to see if it matched, i thought for sure i was going to jail even though i had done nothing wrong, the paint didnt match and i never heard anything about it.

another example. my buddy tells me about this parking lot that was having cruisins every wed. night so one night we decide to go up there, we had about 10 people with us. just friends hanging out no one breaking the law. there was an ice cream shop there so we went in and got ice cream. when we came out the cops were there and they immedietly looked at me and said " didnt we tell you last week if we saw you here you were getting arrested" i asked them what they were talking about that this was the first time i had been there ( i was telling the truth) they proceded to talk to me as if i had been there last week arguing with them and threatened to arrest me even though i was a paying customer at the ice cream shop and had every right to be there. we left.

two examples where you couls say pretty much that i was profiled. im white as can be. its not just black people that it happens to. it happens to allot of people. there is a good chance maybe she thought you were there with the group that was there a week ago. maybe she thought she had pulled you over before. maybe she is a hardcore racist. but in reality no one will really know and all everyone here is doing is making guesses. and your all getting in arguments over someone having a diffrent opinion on a subject that neither one knows the answer to. is it really that big a deal? there isn't much you can do about it. there isnt any real hard evidence that it was profilling other then your skin color. ive been told the same things she told you, its just the way it is. life isnt' always fair and fighting with friends over the matter really isnt going to solve anything.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, March 17, 2006 7:40 PM on j-body.org
I got pulled over last year, kinda something like that. Anyway I went to court and fought it, would not take a plea and got found NOT GUILTY, stick to your guns and you will overcome this.

My Myspace Page
Friday, March 17, 2006 7:46 PM on j-body.org
BTW when I got home that night I wrote down everything that happened, then I took that to court with me, so I did not forget anything that happened.

BTW I got a RECKLESS DRIVING ticket, which is 6points, a misdemenor with up to 90 days in jail, and or a $500 fine. And I WON.

Here is what happened to me.

Myself, my girlfriend and several of my friends were in Frakenmuth to see the cars of “AUTOFEST 2005” and join in on the cruise that happens after the streets are cleared.

After arriving around 9pm we all walked from one end of the street and back to see all the cars, after that time around 10 or so the street was cleared to allow traffic to pass by, I noticed that A LOT of the cars that were on display started to “CRUISE THE STRIP” and show off their cars. Me and my friends decided we would “CRUSIE THE STRIP” also before we went home, so after returning to our cars we headed up “THE STRIP” and a few of us were separated and were trying to get back into a group. After 1 full pass up and back, we decided to go back one more time to get the rest of our group that we noticed passed us in the opposite direction as we were returning, so we went back 1 last time and met up with the other guys from our group just past the PONTIAC Dealer. After meeting up with them we headed back to return home. On the last pass up and back down “THE STRIP” I decided to open my doors to show off my car to the HUNDREDS of people who were on the sides of the street CHEERING as we drove past, these were the same people who were asking for HOT RODDERS to spin their tires, or to do a burnout. Alot of the cars had underbody neons, and a few had FLAMETHROWER exhaust pipes and everyone was having a good time looking at the show of lights drive by.

The posted speed limit signs I saw there was 30mph, I was traveling at about 10-15mph the whole time while cruising “THE STRIP” because that was about as fast as you could go with all the traffic that was there and the people driving slower than usual to show off there rides. After passing the main portion of “THE STRIP” I closed the doors and turned around to drive back one last time to head home. When we got back to the main portion of the strip where the people were lined up both sides of the street myself and my girlfriend opened our doors one last time before we went home. That was when I was pulled over. Also the entire time my vehicle was in motion myself and my girlfriend had our seatbelts fastened, as we always do.

On September 9th 2005 at approximately 11pm.

Several Officers on bicycles pulled up to and in front of my car. One officer came to my door and asked me for my License, Registration, and proof of insurance. The next words out of the officer’s mouth were “NOW YOUR GOING TO CLOSE YOUR GOD DAMNED DOORS and FOLLOW ME TO THE PARKING LOT TO THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD SO WE CAN HAVE A TALK” I said “Yes Sir” and followed his instructions.

After we pulled into the parking lot, I was instructed to exit my vehicle, and to turn around placing my hands behind my back and to interlace my fingers, all of which I did without hesitation or resistance.I was relaxed and remained calm the entire time and at no time did I question the Officer’s authority or not do as I was instructed. I informed the officer that I had no weapons on my person and after he frisked me, while still holding my hands together behind my back he asked me “NOW DO YOU WANT TO GO AHEAD AND EXPLAIN YOURSELF?” I replied to the officer that I was simply showing off my car just like EVERY other person there. The officer then told me “I DON’T CARE HOW COOL YOU THINK YOUR CAR IS, THAT IS NOT HOW WE DO THINGS HERE IN THE CITY of Frankenmuth and YOUR LUCKY YOUR NOT GONNA GET A TICKET FOR YOUR NEON LIGHTS TOO”

The next question the Officer asked me is if this was my first time attending the show, I replied “Yes it is” and he then informed me that is would be my very last time attending it. I then thought I was going to Jail, and I felt VERY CONFUSED. As while this whole ordeal was happening Cars continued to speed up and down main street, also Cars without hoods, or mufflers that were EXTREMELY LOUD continued to pass by. Not to mention the cars with FLAME THROWERS coming out of the Exhaust pipes, I was very confused as to what I did wrong. The officer then informed me that I was about to receive a VERY BIG TICKET FOR RECKLESS DRIVING.

The cop was so mad when the judge said NOT GUILTY!! I was luvin it! That is what he gets for being a REDNECK

My Myspace Page
Friday, March 17, 2006 8:07 PM on j-body.org
man, thats some crazy @!#$ i had a cop say to me "I SUGGEST YOU TAKE YOUR MUFFLER OFF, IF NOT ILL GIVE YOUR MOMMY ANOTHER TICKET, OK?" but that was pretty crazy, i didnt go to court for mine i was just to @!#$ bait lol, anyway NJHK good luck with court.

What the deuce?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/819414

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search