Why is being Mexican an insult? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Why is being Mexican an insult?
Saturday, March 18, 2006 9:13 AM on j-body.org
I dont got anything against mexicans I think mexicans are kewl and yes believe it or not I got a cuz that is a mexican and I think its kewl to have a mexican as a cuz.but to tell you the truth I do not like blacks because what they do to us whites I am sorry and I know I am going to get flamed about it but its the truth

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Saturday, March 18, 2006 9:50 AM on j-body.org
Kustom 96 Sunfire GT wrote:I dont got anything against mexicans I think mexicans are kewl and yes believe it or not I got a cuz that is a mexican and I think its kewl to have a mexican as a cuz.but to tell you the truth I do not like blacks because what they do to us whites I am sorry and I know I am going to get flamed about it but its the truth

wow...I like how you bolded that...

First of all, you know you're going to get flamed because you know what you said was ignorant.

Second of all, you don't like blacks? And what has every black person don't to you? Did I do something to you?

You seriously sound like one of those white supremesists who think "colored people are ruining our society".

Before you go off saying you don't like a whole race of people, think about what you're saying. I seriously want to hear your arguement as to why you hate black people...I'll enjoy this one...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, March 18, 2006 10:03 AM on j-body.org
Kustom 96 Sunfire GT wrote:I dont got anything against mexicans I think mexicans are kewl and yes believe it or not I got a cuz that is a mexican and I think its kewl to have a mexican as a cuz.but to tell you the truth I do not like blacks because what they do to us whites I am sorry and I know I am going to get flamed about it but its the truth

You're an idiot.

-- John

Saturday, March 18, 2006 10:04 AM on j-body.org
John Piparo wrote:

You're an idiot.

don't worry..they don't like you either

Saturday, March 18, 2006 10:07 AM on j-body.org
... wow...

Saturday, March 18, 2006 11:57 AM on j-body.org
Are you @!#$ kidding me?

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Saturday, March 18, 2006 11:59 AM on j-body.org
TurboEcotec5spdSwap wrote:and by being called a mexican it's like calling you dirty

Thats also what i heard. Thats why somebody of a different origin might get offended by the term. Even the word hispanic is a little derogatory in a way, I mean the government needed to make up a name to group a bunch of people from different origins together, and in the 70's the word hispanic was born.

man.....im not even gonna respond to that.

Saturday, March 18, 2006 12:01 PM on j-body.org

I'm white and I think you're a piece of @!#$.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Saturday, March 18, 2006 1:20 PM on j-body.org
You do realize that just as you are not the same as all white people, not "blacks" are the same either... Don't you?

Peoples actions are NOT defined by the colour of their skin.

Africans are not the same as each other or people from the Carribean.

Gee.. Do you hate people from the West Indies? How about people from south east Asia, they can be pretty dark.

Do you hate Jamacans just as much as Nigerians or Ruwandans.. Maybe you only hate "blacks" from North America..

"Because of wht they do to whites"? Like what? Rob and steal? Oh no, no white people would ever do that.. How about giving us a little taste of "What they do".

You will soon see that you stereotype is not all-encompassing. You should see that in any population there are good people and bad people and that the proportions are roughly the same. "Bad people" exist because of poor living conditions as well as other environmental factors, not because of skin colour.

PAX
Saturday, March 18, 2006 1:57 PM on j-body.org

I was expecting to see your birthday in 1990 or 1989.. but from sonmeone 21? You're such moron, I don't even see why you pulled that out of your as, seeing as this topic has nothing to do with black people, but I guess you think it's "kewl" to share you're ignorant views with us.

Saturday, March 18, 2006 2:42 PM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:You do realize that just as you are not the same as all white people, not "blacks" are the same either... Don't you?

Peoples actions are NOT defined by the colour of their skin.

Africans are not the same as each other or people from the Carribean.

Gee.. Do you hate people from the West Indies? How about people from south east Asia, they can be pretty dark.

Do you hate Jamacans just as much as Nigerians or Ruwandans.. Maybe you only hate "blacks" from North America..

"Because of wht they do to whites"? Like what? Rob and steal? Oh no, no white people would ever do that.. How about giving us a little taste of "What they do".

You will soon see that you stereotype is not all-encompassing. You should see that in any population there are good people and bad people and that the proportions are roughly the same. "Bad people" exist because of poor living conditions as well as other environmental factors, not because of skin colour.

PAX

Well said

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, March 18, 2006 3:40 PM on j-body.org
Mexican = idiot? haha good joke. In my calculus class alone 4 spots are taken by Mexicans, 2 of which were born in Mexico(a friend and I) and the other one is an asian.

It's all jealousy.
Saturday, March 18, 2006 3:40 PM on j-body.org
by that I meant top 5 in the class.
Sunday, March 19, 2006 7:01 AM on j-body.org

Thanks for perpetuating stupidity.

I think it's a good idea for people to learn english if they are here, but if they don't want to speak then it's their choice. My father in law is Ukrainian, he's been here only 2 years. He doesn't plan to live in this country for the rest of his life, he's more just visiting and making money to take back to Ukraine. He's learned some english to help him along but it doesn't make sense to him to learn it perfectly because he's not going to live here. Mexicans are in the same boat. Up where I live they are usually seasonal workers, 3 months here and 9 in mexico. When your working 90 hours a week the whole 3 months you are here when will you find time to learn the language too (except for what you pick up at work.) People who don't learn the language aren't stupid, they just probably have different priorities. My father in law doesn't speak good english but he knows at heck of a lot more stuff than I do.

You can't outrun the radio.
Sunday, March 19, 2006 7:36 PM on j-body.org
besides

we all know...

mexicans are the best lovers

and we can relate to all races...

unless your Kustom 96 Sunfire GT

Friday, March 31, 2006 3:34 PM on j-body.org
speak english or get the @!#$ out, you want to speak it move to a country where thats the launguage plan and simple

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, April 01, 2006 7:37 AM on j-body.org
Where's Ebonicla or SouthernDrawlopolis?

---

Saturday, April 01, 2006 8:32 AM on j-body.org
NJHK (The Turbo Negro) wrote:I never understood why people call someone who is of hispanic decent an Mexican to try and insult them. Mexicans have a history of probably being the hardest working in America. There are some who do jobs that you would hate to do but they are doing it just to get by and survive. If I was hispanic and someone called me Mexican, I might be upset that someone called me a race I am not but I wouldn't be upset other than that, hell, I might even find it as a compliment.

While we are on the topic of mexicans...

People...stop assuming that someone is stupid because they can't speak english. That has to be one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard of.

/end rant

You got that straight !!!!!!!

Rice.....Part of a balanced Pontiac diet.
Saturday, April 01, 2006 6:27 PM on j-body.org
The way I look at it, when you try and become a natrailized (SP) citizen, you have to know a tiny bit of English. English is the major language of our country, though spanish is growing quickly. If someone im trying to deal with gets mad at me, because i cant understand them thats when i lose it. WTF I know the major language, and believe it or not, away from the Internet i speak pretty darn good English. If you don't want people to think of you and your race in a negative way, well conform to them a little and learn the basic 100 English words. If I spoke a language that was foreign to 65% of the population I would expect dirty looks.
As for English Speaking people traveling and not knowing the major language, that is just laziness. Thats how I look at it.
Saturday, April 01, 2006 6:42 PM on j-body.org
blacks = cool people

mexicans = cool people

puerto ricans = well..... I wont even start

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, April 02, 2006 12:03 AM on j-body.org
Nathan Nighbert wrote:The way I look at it, when you try and become a natrailized (SP) citizen, you have to know a tiny bit of English. English is the major language of our country, though spanish is growing quickly. If someone im trying to deal with gets mad at me, because i cant understand them thats when i lose it. WTF I know the major language, and believe it or not, away from the Internet i speak pretty darn good English.[/b/]

im totally fin drunk at a family reunuion and this statement is freaking ho-lariois hahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahah
a[]
hbahahahahaha]

hhahahahahahahahahaa

ahahahahahah

aWAUY FROM THE INTERET U SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH HAHAHAH

HAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHBAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ignorant bastard

---

Monday, April 03, 2006 10:07 AM on j-body.org
For those that say "speak english or get the @!#$ out"

It's that same mentality that you get all pissy about when you travel overseas and are treated like @!#$.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, April 03, 2006 3:39 PM on j-body.org
The following is one of my favorite thoughts on the issue of immigration. It's from President Theodore Roosevelt in a letter to the American Defense Society in 1919, 10 years after his presidency.
--Lou Dobbs

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

--Theodore Roosevelt, 1919

nuff said

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 2:17 PM on j-body.org
Seems like the topic veered off a bit... Im gonna try to put it back on track.

Being Mexican DOES NOT offend me, contrary I would like to be known as a Mexican and not just one of the many types of HISPANICS out there. Its not a big issue for me.

I do have a comment for those j-bodians that have an issue with individuals that cant speak the English language. I fully understand that this country is English speaking. Im gonna try to easily explain this, those spanish speaking people that try to speak english are just like those type of people that easily give up on things, weither if its something like doing a project and not finishing due to the fact that they just gave up. and as ya know it those type of people come in different nationalities. Reason I know this... I work at an unemployment office. I have to speak spanish more than english. Due to the fact that I have to answer the phone in English, they have a hard time asking me if I can speak spanish, such a relief for them when I greet them in spanish. Some of them might I say I give them full credit for trying. Our employees are as follows:

of Mexican desent: 90%
of Black desent: 7%
of White desent: 2%
of asian desent 1%

...Yes Im used to gettin discriminated! No big deal, I take my own water to restaurants. WHY? Im tired of not getting my drink refilled. Just something my parents thought me not to fuss about.

I hope this helps the many ignorants that are out there to understand how it pretty much goes.

Friday, April 07, 2006 2:07 PM on j-body.org
For the topic on hand : Being a mexican is an insult to most other spanish speaking race's i can only assume because I'm Irish and not in thier shoes, is that its not their race period, some it don't bother, some it does.just like peoples way of thinking, some can ignore it, some must speak out because it offends them. But thats from my thinking and since i'm not mexican/spanish I am just assuming with my common sense.

Second,
Anyone who points out a single person and blames an entire race is ignorant, but ignorance can be changed if the person wants to learn and understand and gain knowlendge of why they are wrong to blame an entire race for a persons action.

Last,
I do not believe that mexicans spanish people work harder than anyone else, maybe certain ones like every race, there again is another stereotype that is racist.Yes alot take the jobs no one wants, have you seen the japenese/chinese resturaunts? they work over hot ass wok's all day and work another job usually.Alot of americans work 2 jobs or one full and one part time to make it including the rich "White" people that my black /african american friends are jealous of and say they were born into and didn't have to work for it, not even knowing that some worked 40-50 years, sometimes 2 maybe 3 jobs to get that way in the first place.Plus Me myself Have worked at Rotor-Rotor doing septic jobs oh yeah top of the line, plus working part time helping handicapped people, Doing the dirty work for people who couldn't do it for themselves, i won't go into detail but i think most know if you couldn't do ANYTHING for yourself what that might involve.So with that said, anything that groups people together instead of on one persons action is a racist/stereotype mindset from the beginning and is the root of the problem.

I also agree with you mostly Diablita.If i do travel to where english isn't the first language. I and most non ignorant people buy a translator or pay a translator/guide to help out but we are then again just visiting, Spanish speaking people who are just visiting should do the same, If i were to move there i would do my best to learn the First language or most of the key words at least or use a translator/guide until i could.If they really are trying to learn i give them all the respect but some just prefer speaking spanish because its thier first language and think non-spanish speaking Americans should learn spanish to make up for it and i do not agree with that.

Kris~

Kris-

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search