I "had" a good day... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I "had" a good day...
Thursday, March 09, 2006 7:58 PM on j-body.org
**i work as a bank teller for a small credit union**

my day was going great today. definitely one of the better days. I'm getting along with all my co workers, learning more about them and the day is going by pretty quick. at 4 o'clock there are 4 of us left on the line. at 5 it was just me and another girl. having anymore people is a waste because there isn't enough volume on a Thursday night. at 10 past 5 that's when $*&% hits the fan. I finish with my member and offer to help the next guy in line. looks like he wasn't paying attention, so i have to call him twice. "how are you doing today?" i said. he hands me a note (pretty normal) which i expect to me a complicated transaction. wrong!

"give me all the cash in your drawer, i have a gun and will shoot you, this is serious"

I read it and in 1/10 of a second think "you have got to be kidding!?!?!?!" followed by "ah great..." so i give him all the cash(which wasn't much) so i think that's why he asked for the girl i was next to to empty her drawer. so i calmly hand her the note and ask for her drawer. she does her part, i empty that for him and he walks out the door.

wtf!?!?!?!? In the back of my mind i was fighting rage. all i wanted to do was reach across the counter and plunge the knife i carry on me in right in the center of his collar bone. instead i did the smart thing and let him leave with what i gave him. it was for the best considering there were at least 12 people within eye shot of this guy. he never actually showed me a gun, but... every job I've had always said just give them what they want and let them leave. I talked to my dad about it and he said "this is why you should carry." how the hell does someone go through with this!? obviously not a smart person, the damn police station is 2 blocks down from us! a good portion of the cops in my city have accounts here and are here daily.

I think the thing that pissed me off the most was that someone threatened my life. i have my wife, my family, and my friends and someone who didn't know me was willing to hint at the fact that he could end my life where i stood. thats f@$&ed. I'm sorry if at any point this doesn't make sense. this happened 6 hours ago, and my adrenalin is still pumping... thanks for listening to my rant...

"We ride together. We die together. Bad boys for life."

Re: I "had" a good day...
Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:20 PM on j-body.org
Wow thats crazy. You guys called the cops right?

Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:30 PM on j-body.org
my supervisor did. that was interesting being grilled by the police. i've been in that situation before though they are just doing what needs to be done, so i sat quietly and waited for them to direct questions towards me.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:51 PM on j-body.org
Ehhh, best thing is everyone is OK. You should have stabbed him. I know what it's like having adrenaline running through my body and oh boy...damn, you got me going now! I hate people like that, I wish I could punch them all in the face a few times. Grr!!

Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:29 PM on j-body.org
the real kicker is this hasn't happened in 50 years at this institution, and on my one year anniversary there, this happens. double whammy for me... I'm still trying to relax, maybe i should take some sleep aid and just go to bed. all stupid people should be beat in the street and left there for others to kick on their way by.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 10:01 PM on j-body.org
no one ever has the right to take another life if at all avoidable.

The biggest hole, is the illusion of invulnerability.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Monday, March 13, 2006 6:30 PM on j-body.org
Dude, let me tell you first, you did the right thing. I'm not going to even joke, the money isn't worth your life... The bank has insurance, and I'm guessing a video surveillance system.. There isn't any point in grabbing a bullet on the job, it's not your money.

My advice is to chill out, and if you can remember the face, write down the specifics... I don't know if they tell you that in your training courses, but in the event of a robbery, high angle cameras don't always capture the nuances of the face. Immediately after the police are notified, WRITE DOWN THE DETAILS OF THE FACE AND DRESS. Your memory is freshest and you won't forget or obscure anything.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Re: I
Monday, March 13, 2006 7:19 PM on j-body.org
after that I'll buy you a drink or two or three !

you'll most definitely need something to help you sleep tonight ..

I would ... !

or go ask your manager to install trap doors ... with a cage full of
surprise's below ....

Monday, March 13, 2006 7:54 PM on j-body.org
^^^ how bout a big Rancor like on Star wars??? lol.

Monday, March 13, 2006 8:00 PM on j-body.org
It's all good now. the moron was caught later that night. can you guess where? right at the freaking front door of my job at 11:30 at night!!!!!!!!! that just proves my theory that you have to be stupid in the first place to rob a bank, and being caught out front 6 hours later.... idiot! the detectives said he committed a federal crime. the guy would have been better off hitting the 7/11. he probably would have got way more cash and it wouldn't have been a federal offence! it's behind me know. still not a good feeling at the time though.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 1:30 AM on j-body.org
I can imagine

There are pop-up counter walls (literally... there's small explosive bolts) that have a 3/4" steel plate wall shoot up from the counter's front edge. It's standard in the UK.... I'm kind of surprised it's not being done here. Once the walls go up, the doors automatically close and bolt creating a cage that can be more easily managed for police.

Most people that rob tellers like that are pretty much desperate and not thinking straight to begin with, usually caught pretty soon after the crime if not during it.

Take it easy

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:09 AM on j-body.org
Gams right you did the right thing. NEVER argue over money its not worth your life or the lives of anyone else around you. Just hand it over get a good look at the guy so you can tell police and hope to God he doesn't shoot you.

I'm glad everything turned out ok and noone got hurt. Don't forget no amount of money is worth your life.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:05 AM on j-body.org
SunfireN2o( theAnGrYCnSrvTve) wrote:^^^ how bout a big Rancor like on Star wars??? lol.

JABBA APPROVES

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:44 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:I can imagine

There are pop-up counter walls (literally... there's small explosive bolts) that have a 3/4" steel plate wall shoot up from the counter's front edge. It's standard in the UK.... I'm kind of surprised it's not being done here. Once the walls go up, the doors automatically close and bolt creating a cage that can be more easily managed for police.

Most people that rob tellers like that are pretty much desperate and not thinking straight to begin with, usually caught pretty soon after the crime if not during it.

Take it easy

1 innocent person gets hurt and its all over. Plus the people that are stuck in with the robber. Too many insurance issues. I did see that in either "Snatch" or "Lock Stock and 2 smoking Barrels" (both great movies ).

On the other hand if such a system was in place I can almost garuntee that this sort of thing wouldn't happen nearly as much. Lower the chances of escape and you lower the chances of robbery.

I'm still a firm believer of the gun under the counter thing. You hear about tellers shooting robbers on site and I can almost garuntee that the crime rate plummets. But in America if you rob someone and get shot, you can sue the bank.

-Chris

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 1:21 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

I'm still a firm believer of the gun under the counter thing. You hear about tellers shooting robbers on site and I can almost garuntee that the crime rate plummets. But in America if you rob someone and get shot, you can sue the bank.

America has its good points and it's bad. So far the bad isn't enough for me to leave the country! I suggested getting a carry permit and a hand gun to my supervisor and I could tell she didn't like the idea

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 1:33 PM on j-body.org
Wicked1 wrote:America has its good points and it's bad. So far the bad isn't enough for me to leave the country! I suggested getting a carry permit and a hand gun to my supervisor and I could tell she didn't like the idea

K so its on to plan B, tazzers that shoot from the ceiling.

Or C flamethrowers on the floor

All kidding aside glad to know your OK. The majority of the perps get busted, and its always best to follow their rules and let them have the money. No amount of money is worth anyones life.

-Chris

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 1:36 PM on j-body.org
rottweilers or pit-bulls at each entrance might not be a bad idea...

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 11:03 PM on j-body.org
IamRascal wrote:
Wicked1 wrote:America has its good points and it's bad. So far the bad isn't enough for me to leave the country! I suggested getting a carry permit and a hand gun to my supervisor and I could tell she didn't like the idea

K so its on to plan B, tazzers that shoot from the ceiling.

Or C flamethrowers on the floor

All kidding aside glad to know your OK. The majority of the perps get busted, and its always best to follow their rules and let them have the money. No amount of money is worth anyones life.

Tazers are Branded incapacitation weapons that are for law enforcement use only. Private individuals can't get them... The best that can be had is a stun-gun, but that's not a good idea if you don't know how to use them, and most people don't.

Concealed carry is fine, but you need to know how to assess a situation and figure out the escalation of force procedure. It's fine and dandy until you shoot someone that is unarmed, and your bank has to pick up the tab for the criminal defence... I'd stick with Plan A: give up the BANK'S money and live to breathe another day.

Also, the security desk-walls are great because usually someone that desperate to get money and not learn how banks actually do things will cut and try to bolt. Even in the case that there is a hostage situation, you have to understand that a person contained is a person controlled... Prisons have Special Entry and Pacification Teams (the monniker varies by prison) whose task is to go into a cell, and subdue a beligerant inmate. SWAT/Emergency Response Teams (again, it varies by police service) can be trained to do the same thing. Go in with extreme speed and overpowering force, lay out everyone and sort it out after the Zip-cuffs are on.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 5:09 PM on j-body.org
actually GAM your a tad off.
Taser International
, (its not spelled with a Z ) is for civilian, police and military personnel, theres different models of taser products for each. but yeah, in a robbery, its best to just comply with the theif

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Thursday, March 16, 2006 1:09 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Dude, let me tell you first, you did the right thing. I'm not going to even joke, the money isn't worth your life... The bank has insurance, and I'm guessing a video surveillance system.. There isn't any point in grabbing a bullet on the job, it's not your money..

you hit the nail right on the head. that's exactly what you should do. it's not worth putting yourself and others in danger, so don't try to be a hero. you did the right thing. and for that, i say you really did have a good day.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 6:03 AM on j-body.org
wicked1
i too work at the bank and have been robbed
first time is a shocker, second time you think, oh boy this again..

always give up the money
the feds came and asked questions as well, i had to go down to detroit with them to pick the dude out of a line-up, we were the 5th bank he had robbed and we caught him, yaay

you are right, any smart person will rob a gas station, or 7/11 or a convenience store, you get caught doing that and you'll spend a couple nights in jail, rob a bank, yeah your going to prison.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 12:32 PM on j-body.org
ummmmmmmm......

he did it because he obviously needed some money....

he doesnt give two @!#$s about you, so you should inturn not give two @!#$s about him.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 5:06 PM on j-body.org
Mike:

Thanks, I've misspelled that a couple times... and I stand corrected, Taser devices are only available in Canada for Police use (that's what my Materials information sheets have stated, but they might be out of date...), and stun guns are illegal, but you can find them or make them. The only problem is that they don't use a pulse that's tuned for human nervous systems, its really wide, erratic, and damaging... Some units can stop the human heart.

Anyhow...

Nick:

If he didn't give a @!#$ about the clerk, he'd shoot them first and not even bother with a note.

Cannon:

I make a sage point once in a while, eh?

Thursday, March 16, 2006 10:16 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Cannon:

even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then...

Friday, March 17, 2006 12:51 AM on j-body.org
cannon fodder wrote:
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Cannon:

even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then...
Touché

Only took a brilliant setup for you to knock it down... atta boy!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search