Iraq kids get beat the @!#$ up - Page 5 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Iraq kids get beat the @!#$ up
Monday, February 20, 2006 8:58 AM on j-body.org
94 Red Bird wrote:I was unaware that you were American, Slug. I suppose it would be difficult to be racist against yourself.

AMERICAN IS NOT A RACE.

thank you......

Monday, February 20, 2006 9:03 AM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:OK, one more time. Teenagers, kids, adults, Olsen twins, whoever attacks a soldier guarding a post in a war zone shouldn't be arrested. At the moment of rocks flying through the air it is a military battle, they should be shot at until such time as they either retreat or fall dead.
This tactic works really well... in Gaza.

I think that the military isn't equipped for this length of occupation. There isn't any policing going on, it's occupationary forces clamping down. This is one of the big reasons I want to see the Iraqi security forces spin up and get properly outfitted.

Quote:

Gam, Abu Ghraib was a prison camp, different situation.
Same goings on, though John. Abu Ghraib: prisoners humiliated and improper conduct by guards. Given video: Captured persons humilitated and improper conduct by patrolling soldiers.

Quote:

Rodney King, civilian during peacetime, different situation.
Again, same goings on. Situation means little when you cut out where the acts happened. Both were vulgar and egregious displays of power upon someone that was under arrest.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, February 20, 2006 5:02 PM on j-body.org
They threw a freakin grenade.

The soldiers other option was to shoot them on the spot. I think the kids would rather have sore nuts then having a bullet threw their head. Maybe it was excessive force, but maybe a few of the soldiers had SHRAPNEL Threw their arm I dont know. If it were the pascifists way back in the 40s, we would all be speaking German by now.

Monday, February 20, 2006 5:55 PM on j-body.org
Don't confuse the issue, Germany was at war with most of the rest of the world in 1939, that and there were definite aggressive actions (like the invasion of Poland).

If they threw a grenade (which we can't say for certain), who got hurt? When do you reign in a guy that's wailling on someone else that clearly can't defend themselves (like, when they're in cuffs).

Monday, February 20, 2006 6:53 PM on j-body.org
i think the little bastards got what they deserved.we are over there trying to free their country and they are throwing @!#$ grenades and @!#$ at us.they're lucky an ass kicking is all they got.i dont understand this whole anti war thing thats going on.we live in the greatest country in the world and its that way for a reason.if we let one little piss ant country whip our ass and let it go(9/11) whos next.its kinda like school,if you let one kid get by with kicking your ass the rest are gonna try, and soon you're pay people not to kick your ass. except in this situation millions of lives are at risk.i agrre with whats going on over there.and if you're not gonna support our home team then you should get the hell out of our stadium!

Dark for fear of failure
An inner gloom as wide as an eye and fermenting
Roiling hate
Death gripped my veins
Unveiling rancid petals
Flowering forth foul nectar
The space between a blink and a tear
Death blooms.-mudvayne
Monday, February 20, 2006 7:35 PM on j-body.org
I'm not part of the home team.

I believe in waging war when there is no ambiguity about enemy action.

I also believe that you are ill-informed about the cause of 9/11/01 and why it is retribution and the epitaph of the Bush Administration.

Picking fights is what got you into this mess to begin with. And I pointed out earlier:
-First: Who said the kids threw a live grenade?
-This kind of strongarm bull@!#$ isn't acceptable in the US, and it hasn't worked to quell any rioting, and usually just encourages more violence, but if you don't believe me, ask an Israel Defence Force minister when they last managed to stop violence by meeting with violence...

Let me know when you get that answer.

Monday, February 20, 2006 8:09 PM on j-body.org
Carmillionaire,

Once again, you have never been in a situation like that.

When the British soldiers were burned alive in their APC's, it started out with rock throwing and shouting, which quickly turned into fire bombs and dead friendly forces.
Now you know nothing about me, nothing about Iraq, and nothing about the ROE in that theater (ROE = rules of engagement) so dont pass judgement.

Did those kids get the ass kicking of a life time. Oh yeah, was it deserved? Not to the extent they received, I'm just saying I find no blame on the part of the soldiers, except that their heated emotions were carried over a little too far.

2004 WR Blue/silver STi
Cobb Stage II
12.69 @ 106.1mph 1.66 = 60ft
Monday, February 20, 2006 8:15 PM on j-body.org
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:Simple solution though, don't throw rocks at guys with guns...

those idiots deserved every blow as far as im concerned.

-Borsty
Monday, February 20, 2006 11:07 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Don't confuse the issue, Germany was at war with most of the rest of the world in 1939, that and there were definite aggressive actions

Throwing rocks at soldiers is a definite aggressive action. If these teenagers had swasticas on their sleeves, would that make it easier for you to digest?

GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Picking fights is what got you into this mess to begin with. And I pointed out earlier:
-First: Who said the kids threw a live grenade?

News report said it was a fake. Would you rather wait until soldiers die before agreeing that soldiers need to defend themselves?

GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:-This kind of strongarm bull@!#$ isn't acceptable in the US, and it hasn't worked to quell any rioting, and usually just encourages more violence, but if you don't believe me, ask an Israel Defence Force minister when they last managed to stop violence by meeting with violence...

Let me know when you get that answer.

Israel isn't dealing with a nation they conquered, we are. Israel has been fueding with it's neighbors for eons. The reason there's never been an end to the fighting is they're all too equally matched, no side can win or it would have happened by now.

And let's not forget, violence is how we were able to conquer Iraq. We didn't send in troops of diplomats armed with clever rhetoric and pressed suits.

Those soldiers in the video didn't go looking for someone to beat on, the fight was brought to the soldiers. And I would define the teenagers actions as a "military battle", because they were attacking with deadly force. They weren't peacefully protesting, they were intending to kill.

I am in no way approving of the US take over of Iraq. But since we have, why allow the deaths of soldiers in the interest of "not making the Iraqi people mad"?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 4:33 AM on j-body.org
Luke wrote:Carmillionaire,

When the British soldiers were burned alive in their APC's, it started out with rock throwing and shouting, which quickly turned into fire bombs and dead friendly forces.
Now you know nothing about me, nothing about Iraq, and nothing about the ROE in that theater (ROE = rules of engagement) so dont pass judgement.

Did those kids get the ass kicking of a life time. Oh yeah, was it deserved? Not to the extent they received, I'm just saying I find no blame on the part of the soldiers, except that their heated emotions were carried over a little too far.
I have more military experience than you will probably ever have. I had a brother die in that BS war. I have a cousin that has done 2 tours over there. I have been in Bosnia, Kuwait, Iran, Iraq, Cuba, Mexico, Saudi, Poland, and a few other places. I can tell you're fresh at this just from the way you talk.
There is NO American or British command that will allow this type of behavior by their soldiers to go without reprimand. I'm more than certain had they been American soldiers and it was an incident that was investigated, you would be dishonorably discharged and thrown into the jail for a little while. Apparently you have not seen what happened to the soldiers behind the prison scandal! So how about you come on back over here, as I stated before, because you do not deserve the honor of being labeled a Marine serving the United States of America, nor does anyone with your type of mindset deserve such an honor bestowed upon them.
Now, without further adieu:
British Rules of Engagement in Iraq

These are the rules of engagement for British and supporting troops in British sector in Iraq. They outline the situations where European governments have agreed to use force.
Rules of Engagement (ROE)

1. Conduct of simulated attacks against potentially hostile elements as a non-lethal escalatory warning option is authorised.
2. Designation of targets by use of Laser Target Designation equipment is authorised.
3. Designation of targets by fire control radar for the purposes of height finding by maritime forces is authorised.
4. Counter harassment to a similar extent and degree to that experienced by MND(SE) forces in the AO is authorised.
5. Counter harassment including riding off to a similar extent and degree to that experienced by any vessel is authorised.
6. Use of riot control means where necessary for the purpose of controlling detainees and internees, is authorised.
7. Use of riot control means where necessary for the conduct of Public Order Control is authorised.
8. Use of force up to but not including deadly force to prevent interference with MND(SE) personnel during the conduct of their mission is authorised.
9. Use of minimum force to defend designated non-MND(SE) forces/personnel is authorised.
10. Use of minimum force to prevent the taking possession of or destruction of MND(SE) property or the weapons and ammunition and explosives seized in the execution of the MND(SE) mission is authorised.
11. Use of minimum force to defend against intrusion into Military Restricted Areas or other areas designated by an authorised commander is authorised.
12. Use of minimum force to enforce compliance with diversion and/or boarding instructions is authorised.
13. Use of covert actions in Iraq is permitted to the extent necessary for mission execution.
14. Deployment of indirect fire and crew-served weapon systems is authorised.
15. Use of indirect fire and crew-served weapon systems is authorised.
16. Use of demolitions in Iraq is permitted.
17. Use of non-explosive obstacles in Iraq is permitted.
18. Unrestricted use of ECM is authorised.
19. Laying of anti-personnel mines is prohibited.
20. Use of minimum force against elements demonstrating Hostile Intent against MND(SE) forces or elements under MND(SE) protection is authorised.
21. Use of minimum force against elements, which commit or directly contribute to a hostile act against MND(SE) forces or elements under MND(SE) protection is authorised.

AO = Area of Operations
MND(SE) = Multinational Division Southeast
ECM = Electronic Countermeasures

For American Rules of Engagement see primarily the Geneva Convention. I know for a fact that there are different ROE for each person under different command, especially during pre-battle briefings. But as I stated before, I would never believe that a commander would tell his troops to beat up on kids for throwing rocks at troops...because he'd be in a @!#$ load of trouble as well.

"Speak the truth, and leave immediately after"
"The urge to save Humanity is almost ALWAYS a false front for the urge to rule"
"He who knoweth things as they are and not as they are said or seem to be, he truly is wise, and is taught of God more than of men."
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 4:43 AM on j-body.org
you shouldn't post the ROE in a public fourm where the info is accessable to anyone, including our enemies.

did those kids get beat a little excessively, yes......but on the other hand if it was me and i saw something that looked like a grenade, I would have shot them.

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:25 AM on j-body.org
Chamillionaire wrote:
Luke wrote:Carmillionaire,

There is NO American or British command that will allow this type of behavior by their soldiers to go without reprimand. I'm more than certain had they been American soldiers and it was an incident that was investigated, you would be dishonorably discharged and thrown into the jail for a little while. Apparently you have not seen what happened to the soldiers behind the prison scandal!

Prisoners in custody is different from a battlefield. Prisoners can't throw rocks or fake grenades.
As far as your claim that no commander would allow this to go on, the prison camp soldiers were following orders.
Those commanders must have skipped "Charmillionaire's Ethics" course.

Chamillionaire wrote: So how about you come on back over here, as I stated before, because you do not deserve the honor of being labeled a Marine serving the United States of America, nor does anyone with your type of mindset deserve such an honor bestowed upon them.

With HIS mindset? Did you skip Paris Island?

Chamillionaire wrote:
8. Use of force up to but not including deadly force to prevent interference with MND(SE) personnel during the conduct of their mission is authorised.

Sums up what happened to those teenagers. They're not dead, no violation here.

Chamillionaire wrote:4. Counter harassment to a similar extent and degree to that experienced by MND(SE) forces in the AO is authorised.

Under this rule, the soldiers could have thrown rocks back, potentially killing the teenagers. That would violate number 8 above.

Chamillionaire wrote:For American Rules of Engagement see primarily the Geneva Convention. I know for a fact that there are different ROE for each person under different command, especially during pre-battle briefings. But as I stated before, I would never believe that a commander would tell his troops to beat up on kids for throwing rocks at troops...because he'd be in a @!#$ load of trouble as well.

For someone who claims to be the defacto source for the rules, you sure glazed over the American set.

If I was guarding a post in Iraq, I'd rather be standing next to Luke than Charmillionaire.
As far as getting in trouble for defending a position, I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:31 AM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:Prisoners in custody is different from a battlefield. Prisoners can't throw rocks or fake grenades.
As far as your claim that no commander would allow this to go on, the prison camp soldiers were following orders.
Those commanders must have skipped "Charmillionaire's Ethics" course.[/'quote]Sorry friend, it's not my Ethics course hat I speak about. It's the Code of Conduct that is given to you when you first enlist in ANY branch of the military. Do some research, they were not ordered by commanders, these were mere Sgt ranks doing these inhumane acts. Code of Conduct Take note of the last one.

John Wilken wrote:With HIS mindset? Did you skip Paris Island?
No I didn't. Paris Island teaches a Marine to be proud of who he is and what he does. It also teaches them the morals and ethics that ALL service members are to uphold. Just like Luke, a few evade that instruction and think that its okay to behave like wilder beast on a rampage. It happens all the time, and that's why they end up in Prison with dishonorable discharges.

John Wilken wrote:Sums up what happened to those teenagers. They're not dead, no violation here.
If there was nothing done wrong here, then there would be no consequences to face. You need to read the entire ROE instead of just what you think is supporting your perpetual ignorance Read Here

John Wilken wrote:Under this rule, the soldiers could have thrown rocks back, potentially killing the teenagers. That would violate number 8 above.
Again, you need to read the entire ROE, not just what you want to help influence your straw pulling.
Another Look

John Wilken wrote:For someone who claims to be the defacto source for the rules, you sure glazed over the American set.
I gave you what you needed, but since you want a more in depth approach since you're too lazy to look up the Geneva Convention, here you go. Listen to What's said
A little more: ROE
Geneva Convention:Why You're Wrong...

John Wilken wrote:If I was guarding a post in Iraq, I'd rather be standing next to Luke than Charmillionaire.
I'd rather you standing next to him as well, since your post will more than likely be the one getting hit with a suicide bomb for the heinous abuse that you display towards Iraqi children. Not only that, but I don't allow soldiers who lack discipline to maintain a position among my ranks, as I am sure I would be the NCOIC at such a post.You would be, by way of myself, recommended for courts martial through the designated commander.

John Wilken wrote:As far as getting in trouble for defending a position, I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
You would not be defending a post, you would be going on a hormone induced rage..much like women do! In a situation like you are explaining, you would rather conduct yourself in an immoral way to increase your chances of living in combat zones. That just shows how much of a man you really are. You'd have no value to the Armed Forces other than to downtrodden the outlook on the United States Military. Thank you for not signing up! We need more men like you here at home where you can only piss of cops and get Rodney King'd and then go sue the dept for brutality! You're such an entertainment piece!

"He who knoweth things as they are and not as they are said or seem to be, he truly is wise, and is taught of God more than of men."
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:37 PM on j-body.org
Chamillionaire wrote:
John Wilken wrote:Prisoners in custody is different from a battlefield. Prisoners can't throw rocks or fake grenades.
Those commanders must have skipped "Charmillionaire's Ethics" course.

Sorry friend, it's not my Ethics course hat I speak about. It's the Code of Conduct that is given to you when you first enlist in ANY branch of the military. Do some research, they were not ordered by commanders, these were mere Sgt ranks doing these inhumane acts. Code of Conduct Take note of the last one.

I read through the articles, doesn't say anything about guns, tanks, planes or teenagers throwing rocks. So when exactly is it acceptable to use force, General Charmillionaire?

Charmillionaire wrote:
John Wilken wrote:Sums up what happened to those teenagers. They're not dead, no violation here.
If there was nothing done wrong here, then there would be no consequences to face. You need to read the entire ROE instead of just what you think is supporting your perpetual ignorance Read Here

I read this news article from the BBC. Tony Blair is promising to look at their actions. As of this moment there are no charges against the soldiers. I don't understand why you would pick this link, all Mr Blair has said is they'll have an independant review on this.

Chamillionaire wrote:
John Wilken wrote:Under this rule, the soldiers could have thrown rocks back, potentially killing the teenagers. That would violate number 8 above.
Again, you need to read the entire ROE, not just what you want to help influence your straw pulling.
Another Look

Another rewrite of the BBC article. Still doesn't say the soldiers have been charged or that they will be charged. Just the promise of an investigation. And aljazeera.com? Great choice, they're not biased. You might as well have picked Fox News.

Charmillionaire wrote:
John Wilken wrote:For someone who claims to be the defacto source for the rules, you sure glazed over the American set.
I gave you what you needed, but since you want a more in depth approach since you're too lazy to look up the Geneva Convention, here you go. Listen to What's said

OK, here's that link:
Charmillionaire link wrote:The U.S. military says all soldiers heading for Iraq receive training on the operation of checkpoints. But rules of engagement at the checkpoints differ from place to place, determined by the commander on the ground.

So ROE varies from place to place. How does this support your position?

Charmillionaire wrote:A little more: ROE

US Marine Coprs Col Thomas Hammes states that our forces can and will shoot insurgents at roadblocks.

Reporter Question: Why couldn't the soldiers use non-lethal force at the roadblock, such as shooting out the tires at the roadblock?
US Marine Corps Col. Thomas Hammes Answer: Because it doesn't work.

That was US Marine Corps Col Thomas Hammes speaking. This link supports my position that those teenagers (insurgents) should have been shot, not arrested. Anyone reading this thread should listen to what US Marine Corp Col. Thomas Hammes has to say here.
Charmillionaire, this confirms exactly what I've been saying.

Charmillionaire wrote:Geneva Convention:Why You're Wrong...

Geneva Convention states that when a soldier can fight, they are an acceptable target.

Charmillionaire wrote:I'd rather you standing next to him as well, since your post will more than likely be the one getting hit with a suicide bomb for the heinous abuse that you display towards Iraqi children.

So that's the issue, you're afraid. It's OK, there are desk jobs in the service too.

Charmillionaire wrote:Not only that, but I don't allow soldiers who lack discipline to maintain a position among my ranks, as I am sure I would be the NCOIC at such a post.You would be, by way of myself, recommended for courts martial through the designated commander.

You wouldn't have to, I'd transfer out. I couldn't be lead by someone with your obvious lack of intestinal fortitude.

Charmillionaire wrote:You would not be defending a post, you would be going on a hormone induced rage..much like women do!

At least I can find where my hormones are carried.
Someday you might grow a pair, but I doubt it.

Charmillionaire wrote: In a situation like you are explaining, you would rather conduct yourself in an immoral way to increase your chances of living in combat zones.

In a situation like I'm explaining, you would end up dead.
They'd view you as a sissy and attack at will.

Let's recap this whole long quoted nightmare...
* Your links don't support your position.
* One of your links is a US Marine Col saying that insurgents should be shot.
* We've both lowered ourselves to name calling.

Let's call off posting on this thread and agree to wait for the official investigation from whatever source Tony Blair chooses. Then one of us can post a reply in bold 6 point type that says "I told you so".

I'll agree to post a sincere apology if the investigation turns up against the soldiers.

Will you agree to post an apology if the investigation in this matter turns up in favor of the soldiers?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Wednesday, February 22, 2006 5:44 AM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:I read through the articles, doesn't say anything about guns, tanks, planes or teenagers throwing rocks. So when exactly is it acceptable to use force, General Charmillionaire?
I asked that you pay attention to the last one. Here is what it states:

I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America. Dedicated to the same principles that made this country free. Something about integrity, morals, and values comes to mind....

John Wilken wrote:I read this news article from the BBC. Tony Blair is promising to look at their actions. As of this moment there are no charges against the soldiers. I don't understand why you would pick this link, all Mr Blair has said is they'll have an independant review on this.
If you don't believe that charges will be brought upon these soldiers, you are crazy. The reason that I posted the link is because if they had not done anything wrong...it would be evident in the video am I not correct? If there is the slightest possibility that they are in the wrong, and investigation should be launched, and it has.

John Wilken wrote:Another rewrite of the BBC article. Still doesn't say the soldiers have been charged or that they will be charged. Just the promise of an investigation. And aljazeera.com? Great choice, they're not biased. You might as well have picked Fox News.
You fail to see the reasons for anything don't you. Why would I post a source that will favor the Coalition Forces only? Maintain balance by posting a Muslim supporting news brief as well. Where are your supporting links anyway...the ones that support your attitude? Don't say mine do it for you...

John Wilken wrote:So ROE varies from place to place. How does this support your position?
Of course you're going to pull at straws again. Typical. ROE vary from place to place, but there will still be things that are going to be the same that ROE cannot override. Take a look at Army FM 27.10 In Iraq, these rules are taught to Marines and expected to be followed by Marines as well.

John Wilken wrote:US Marine Coprs Col Thomas Hammes states that our forces can and will shoot insurgents at roadblocks.

Reporter Question: Why couldn't the soldiers use non-lethal force at the roadblock, such as shooting out the tires at the roadblock?
US Marine Corps Col. Thomas Hammes Answer: Because it doesn't work.

That was US Marine Corps Col Thomas Hammes speaking. This link supports my position that those teenagers (insurgents) should have been shot, not arrested. Anyone reading this thread should listen to what US Marine Corp Col. Thomas Hammes has to say here.
Charmillionaire, this confirms exactly what I've been saying.
I'm glad you dug into that so deeply. Let me correct you on the biggest flaw you have going on right now...these children were not insurgents.

Insurgent: a person who takes part in an armed rebellion against the constituted authority (especially in the hope of improving conditions)

If you consider "armed" to be some 12 year old throwing rocks...you're sad.

John Wilken wrote:Geneva Convention states that when a soldier can fight, they are an acceptable target.
You are looking for the CONDUCT of a soldier, not when he can fight and what he is presumed as! Stay on subject!

John Wilken wrote:So that's the issue, you're afraid. It's OK, there are desk jobs in the service too.
You didn't even have the balls to join. You're just the typical couch potato who talks about what they would do if they were in the military to military members. I'm sure you'll explain it away by saying you had some chronic injury that would not permit you serviceable to the Armed Forces, otherwise you would've joined. If not, that makes you even more a lame. So in either case...you're still a lame. It's easy to sit back and watch what goes on, its another to be in the action and doing it. A man's job looks really easy until you get in there and find out for yourself. I've been there MORE than once. I've done my time, and you best believe that I've seen my share of situations. What have you seen?? Let me guess...SOCOM 1, 2, and 3! Maybe even Team Bravo huh?

Never worked a desk job..sorry buddy. I leave that for guys that talk a good game. I'm sure you're working a desk job right now aren't you?

John Wilken wrote:Transfer my ass! You would be DISCHARGED! You don't have the guts to be a Professional Soldier. You do have the guts to be a highschool age bully picking on elementary kids though. That job field doesn't require any professional attitudes or even has guidelines to follow. That's what you lack, the discipline to adhere to things that have been part of the military history since the beginning of time.

John Wilken wrote:At least I can find where my hormones are carried.
Someday you might grow a pair, but I doubt it.
Yep, somewhere near your Fallopian Tubes. I think I'd rather keep my nuts hanging instead of growing inner and outer labia...apparently in disagreement with what you have done.

John Wilken wrote:In a situation like I'm explaining, you would end up dead.
They'd view you as a sissy and attack at will.
So the only way to prove to someone, when you are in a position of authority, is to whack them a few times across the back, and then kick them in the nuts to show them you're not a sissy?

That's right...so the next time a cop pulls you over give him a really hard time, and then step out of the car and slap him. I'm quite sure he will wrestle you into compliance, arrest you, and throw you in the back of the car...at least if he is a Professional. but since you prefer someone who abuses their authority, ask him to beat you with his club and kick you in the balls a few times to prove to you that he's not a sissy. Personally, I think you have a sick fetish...

I can agree that this investigation will turn up in favor of the children and the soldiers will be reprimanded. If this is not the case, I will apologize on the grounds that they provide ROE that state this was appropriate action taken against those children in that situation by the British Soldiers.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:58 AM on j-body.org
Fake granade real granade who cares ?!?!?! They throw one at you I bet you poop yourself and scream like a little girl. Those kids got EXACTLY what they deserved.
Sticks and stones CAN break your bones but so can a butt stroke from a weapon and a kick from a steel toed boot. Whats the difference ? Oh I know ! They're only kidds. SO what ! they chose to engage armed troops with rocks that their stupidity.

They got what they deserved.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 2:46 PM on j-body.org
Chamillionaire wrote:
I can agree that this investigation will turn up in favor of the children and the soldiers will be reprimanded. If this is not the case, I will apologize on the grounds that they provide ROE that state this was appropriate action taken against those children in that situation by the British Soldiers.

So we're in agreement...

If the soldiers receive punishment for their actions by Tony Blair's independant review board, I will apologize.

If the soldiers are found to have done nothing wrong, and you're satisfied about the ROE that they've cited, you'll apologize.

Glad to see that you're so confident that you didn't feel the need to add any stipulations.

Once again, Charmillionaire's link to US Marine Corp Col Thomas Hammes on dealing with insurgents. Click on the red "listen" link under the headline to hear the words straight from a US Marine Colonel.

I look forward the Tony Blair review board decision.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Friday, February 24, 2006 7:24 AM on j-body.org
Well it appears some arrest have been made, which usually means charges have been pressed....
Newest News

Saturday, February 25, 2006 8:46 AM on j-body.org
Chamillionaire wrote:Well it appears some arrest have been made, which usually means charges have been pressed....
Newest News

We're not done with this just yet. Tony Blair's review board hasn't made it's ruling. This article confirms that an investigation is happening. When Tony Blair's review board makes a ruling, that's the final word.

Charmillionaires link wrote:Special report: politics and Iraq

Reid defends troops as police investigate beatings of Iraqis

Audrey Gillan and Richard Norton-Taylor
Monday February 20, 2006
The Guardian

Military police are questioning four Iraqi youths who have identified themselves as the victims of an alleged attack by British soldiers following a riot in the southern town of Amara two years ago.

Three people believed to be serving with the 1st Battalion, the Light Infantry, have been arrested in connection with the incident, allegedly filmed on video camera. Officers have also visited the area where the incident took place.

Yesterday the ruling council of Maysan province in Iraq, of which Amara is the capital, severed ties with British authorities because of the video. Last week Basra council, acting similarly, warned its employees they would be sacked if they had any involvement with British forces.

Article continues
------------------------------------------------------------------
Abdul-Jabar Haider, Maysan's council chairman, said all contact with British civilian and military authorities would be suspended pending completion of an investigation into the incident.

Today the defence secretary, John Reid, will give his backing to UK forces, saying they are operating in "difficult and dangerous circumstances" and asking critics, during a keynote speech at London's Kings College, to be "a little slower to condemn and a lot quicker to understand". Troops, he will say, are now operating on an "uneven playing field of scrutiny", where the forces' actions are analysed down to the "level of the single private soldier", while the enemy "refuses any scrutiny at all and endeavours to exploit our highly prized free media against us".

He will say: "It is this uneven battlefield ... which has done so much to encourage the perception among our troops that they are increasingly constrained while the enemy is freer than ever to perpetrate the most inhumane practices and crimes ... British forces act within the law, the terrorists do not. It is important for the country to realise the lengths to which our armed forces go to to stay within the law."

Even "the most junior" of troops faced dangers "unimaginable to most of us".

He will say: "Our officers take calculated risks, and make immediate life and death decisions upon which literally thousands of lives may depend ... our legal culture, just like our civilian culture, would do well to ponder these circumstances at length in this changing world."

Senior military commanders, including General Sir Michael Walker, chief of the defence staff, and General Sir Mike Jackson, head of the army, have expressed concern about the impact of allegations, and evidence, of abuse of Iraqis. Gen Walker has admitted the controversy over the invasion has affected army morale.

George Osborne, the shadow chancellor, who has said that few people would not believe that Guantánamo Bay had undermined the moral authority of "what we are trying to do", yesterday said the White House should now close the centre.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Monday, February 27, 2006 4:55 AM on j-body.org
Chammillionare wrote:If you consider "armed" to be some 12 year old throwing rocks...you're sad.

In a war where children set up roadside bombs and have just as much capability as killing as adults do, How would you know that the next rock couldnt be a grenade? They were protecting themselves. Get over it.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Monday, February 27, 2006 6:25 AM on j-body.org
Jbody2nr wrote:
Chammillionare wrote:If you consider "armed" to be some 12 year old throwing rocks...you're sad.

In a war where children set up roadside bombs and have just as much capability as killing as adults do, How would you know that the next rock couldnt be a grenade? They were protecting themselves. Get over it.
How does anything in that video pertain to those grown men protecting themselves from children, WAR ZONE OR NOT? Like I stated before, if they haven't done anything wrong, they won't be prosecuted. If they have there will be action taken against them, and I'm MORE than certain that they will face criminal charges. I see there are more immoral people here than I thought.

Monday, February 27, 2006 7:20 AM on j-body.org
Chamillionaire wrote:How does anything in that video pertain to those grown men protecting themselves from children, WAR ZONE OR NOT? Like I stated before, if they haven't done anything wrong, they won't be prosecuted. If they have there will be action taken against them, and I'm MORE than certain that they will face criminal charges. I see there are more immoral people here than I thought.

Have patience, Charmillionaire. I'm sure Tony Blair's review board will be made up of people with intelligence, morals, a deep understanding of military practices and the ROE at the time/place this beating went down.

I'm also sure they'll weigh the interviews, video and any other evidence and come to a decision soon.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Friday, March 03, 2006 1:00 AM on j-body.org
if you killed my mom or dad, i think i'd want to throw a rock at you too

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search