Hunting tips from Dick Cheney - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hunting tips from Dick Cheney
Sunday, February 19, 2006 9:31 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

It's easy to assume he was hammered because he accidently shot someone.

like said earlier, the guy didnt let Cheney know where he was, he was originally behind him, but came up on his side. The cubby of quail went up and Cheney fired, striking his friend.

If you live in a rural area, this happens all the time. A friend of mine, accidently shot the vice president of his bank with a 20 gauge a couple years ago.

Monday, February 20, 2006 6:11 AM on j-body.org
GAM,
Thats where we are dissagreeing. See where i come from when someone gets shot, they investigate, and unless they can prove that there was foul play then there are no charges...
Cause its not than cheney wasnt paying attention. When you go down to your sites you cant see your surrounding for those 30 seconds of so...

Monday, February 20, 2006 8:55 AM on j-body.org
SunfireN2o wrote:A friend of mine, accidently shot the vice president of his bank with a 20 gauge a couple years ago.

I guess he's getting the "preferred-pound-me-in-the-ass" rate on his mortgage rate

again, I understand that there was no malice involved, but there was negligence. Someone has to accept responsibility, and that's usually the person holding the weapon.

I mean, think of it like this: You change lanes and hit a guy that's in your blindspot... who's fault is it if you didn't shoulder check? I think the same applies.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, February 20, 2006 9:52 AM on j-body.org
GAM wrote:Cheney was drinking, had a shot gun and fired at a member of his hunting party

Quote:

Salinas' remarks came shortly after his office released a report in which Whittington insisted alcohol played no role in the shooting. Cheney acknowledged in his TV interview to having a beer at lunch several hours before the shooting.

Cheney had a beer with lunch several hours earlier. There is nothing indicating otherwise.

GAM wrote:No one wants to charge him because they're too afraid to hold elected officials up to the same laws the rest of us have to abide.

Quote:

Though hunting accidents occasionally warrant warnings or citations, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department spokesman Aaron Reed said criminal charges are not filed in shootings that authorities determine to be accidental.

"There are no charges for hunting accidents," Reed wrote in an e-mail, explaining that citations or warnings are sometimes issued for code violations.

It appears that the same treatment is applied to everyone.

GAM wrote:My goodness, they were admonished. A quick check of the dictionary states:

admonish:
tr.v.
1. To reprove gently but earnestly.
2. To counsel (another) against something to be avoided; caution.
3. To remind of something forgotten or disregarded, as an obligation or a responsibility.

That was a very harsh and un-preferential treatment indeed. My stars! Imagine if such punishments were used elsewhere!

I'll quote this again
Quote:

While they had Texas hunting licenses, both men were admonished for failing to buy a $7 stamp allowing them to shoot upland game birds. A department spokesman said warnings are being issued in most cases because the stamp requirement only went into effect five months ago and many hunters weren�t aware of it.

Where is the preferential treatment if the same is applied in most cases?

GAM wrote:if you or I did that, the word accidental wouldn't matter because it would be NEGLIGENCE clear cut.

Once again
Quote:

Though hunting accidents occasionally warrant warnings or citations, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department spokesman Aaron Reed said criminal charges are not filed in shootings that authorities determine to be accidental.

"There are no charges for hunting accidents," Reed wrote in an e-mail, explaining that citations or warnings are sometimes issued for code violations.

GAM wrote:There is a double standard, and the problem is people let it keep happening. When will it finally dawn on you that elected officials are no better nor worse than you, and that they'll keep pushing to get away with things only as long as you LET THEM.

The only double standard I see is where you and others want to prosecute the VP when charges aren't usually filed on anyone in this situation regardless of rank or position. I'm sure the VP enjoys some privledges due to his position, but there was nothing inconsistent in the way this accident was handled.

I could understand if you have a problem with the way Texas enforces it's laws with regard to everyone, but to imply that this incident proves some sort of double standard is laughable.
Monday, February 20, 2006 10:11 AM on j-body.org
The only thing, Labotomi, that doesn't make any sense is why didn't they slap him with a fine for hunting without a license in addition to the $7 for the stamp? At least be even handed with the masses.

Other than that shooting a lawyer in the face with a shotgun is probabaly the best thing that this administration has done...

Goodbye Callisto & Skaği, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, February 20, 2006 10:17 AM on j-body.org
Labotomi wrote:
GAM wrote:Cheney was drinking, had a shot gun and fired at a member of his hunting party

Quote:

Salinas' remarks came shortly after his office released a report in which Whittington insisted alcohol played no role in the shooting. Cheney acknowledged in his TV interview to having a beer at lunch several hours before the shooting.

Cheney had a beer with lunch several hours earlier. There is nothing indicating otherwise.

The only double standard I see is where you and others want to prosecute the VP when charges aren't usually filed on anyone in this situation regardless of rank or position. I'm sure the VP enjoys some privledges due to his position, but there was nothing inconsistent in the way this accident was handled.

I could understand if you have a problem with the way Texas enforces it's laws with regard to everyone, but to imply that this incident proves some sort of double standard is laughable.

There is a double standard. If this had been a "nobody", there would have been blood alcohol tests done to establish exactly how much alcohol he'd been drinking. This is my problem with what went down.

If Cheney hadn't had any alcohol, then this is a simple hunting accident. But he'd been drinking. How much, we'll never know. He claims 1 beer at lunch, but that's what I said when I got pulled over after a few more than 1. And I'm sure there are other people who've lied when asked by the police how much they've had to drink that day.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Monday, February 20, 2006 10:55 AM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]The only thing, Labotomi, that doesn't make any sense is why didn't they slap him with a fine for hunting without a license in addition to the $7 for the stamp? At least be even handed with the masses.
Quote:

Cheney, an experienced outdoorsman who had a valid out-of-state hunting license, will receive a formal warning for failing to purchase the required $7 stamp for bird hunting, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department said in a statement. The stamp is a new requirement, and the department has issued verbal warnings to hunters, who were apparently unaware that they needed it.

Monday, February 20, 2006 11:14 AM on j-body.org
[quote=John Wilken
There is a double standard. If this had been a "nobody", there would have been blood alcohol tests done to establish exactly how much alcohol he'd been drinking. This is my problem with what went down.

If Cheney hadn't had any alcohol, then this is a simple hunting accident. But he'd been drinking. How much, we'll never know. He claims 1 beer at lunch, but that's what I said when I got pulled over after a few more than 1. And I'm sure there are other people who've lied when asked by the police how much they've had to drink that day.

I've been in auto accidents before where I haven't had a blood test. It's up to the investigating officer as to whether he believes alcohol was involved. If the hunting party showed no signs of alcohol use, he might not have felt it was warrented. I wish he had taken a BAC test just to end the speculation.
Monday, February 20, 2006 11:19 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

I've been in auto accidents before where I haven't had a blood test. It's up to the investigating officer as to whether he believes alcohol was involved. If the hunting party showed no signs of alcohol use, he might not have felt it was warrented. I wish he had taken a BAC test just to end the speculation.

yea but do you really think even if Cheney was drunk that they wuld test him. the cop sees that he is the VP and just lets him go. it wouldnt be that bad if this was reported the same day it happened. . but they waited. and it took Cheney 3 days to speak.so it just seems like a cover up or something to get everyone going with the same story. and who cares if the news is gonna blow it up. the gov wants to illegally wiretap people so whats wrong with us knowing the the VP is doing

Monday, February 20, 2006 11:43 AM on j-body.org
Okay, so Texas has lax hunting laws...point taken and received...

Still, shooting a lawyer in the face--best thing anyone tied to Bush has ever done

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Monday, February 20, 2006 2:45 PM on j-body.org
^^^ Another accidental Good Thing...

Monday, February 20, 2006 4:50 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

I guess he's getting the "preferred-pound-me-in-the-ass" rate on his mortgage rate

No mortgage, hes my age (18) but probably on his gtruck. luckily the guy was far enough away that the pellets just barely broke skin.

Sunday, February 26, 2006 8:50 PM on j-body.org
http://www.funnypart.com/funny_pictures/dick_hunt.shtml

Had to be posted

Monday, February 27, 2006 8:43 AM on j-body.org
I will also stand corrected, it wasn't a former Prime Minister of Slovakia...just a minister.

So...who thinks either of these guys will be a Darwin Award nominee?

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Monday, February 27, 2006 11:27 AM on j-body.org
They didn't remove themselves out of the genepool.

Monday, February 27, 2006 12:21 PM on j-body.org
Sorry, meant "honorable mention"...

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Monday, February 27, 2006 3:29 PM on j-body.org
That would be entirely plausible.

Monday, February 27, 2006 3:44 PM on j-body.org
Dick Cheneys got a gun. Slightly funny, but you can tell it was made by a gun hater. I'm a gun hater hater This administration is real good at making Texas look bad.
Monday, February 27, 2006 5:06 PM on j-body.org
From my experience, Texas needs no help making Texas look bad.

Don't mess with Texas: Its already been done.

Monday, February 27, 2006 5:44 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:From my experience, Texas needs no help making Texas look bad.

Texas > Rest of the US >>> Canada
Monday, February 27, 2006 7:34 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Lol how so?

Monday, February 27, 2006 9:52 PM on j-body.org
Labotomi wrote:
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:From my experience, Texas needs no help making Texas look bad.

Got those pointed brackets pointing the wrong way

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 4:09 AM on j-body.org
SunfireN2o wrote:
Quote:

Lol how so?

Texans can shoot lawyers and get away with it. I don't think any more arguments are necessary
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 10:54 AM on j-body.org
Actually, i have to give you that point.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:04 AM on j-body.org
Ahh, there is an upshot... I retract my previous statement.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search