Why not send a bus convoy to Mexico.... - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Why not send a bus convoy to Mexico....
Monday, February 06, 2006 4:09 PM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:I've heard that because of Canadian regulations, there are many Canadian doctors who spend 3-6 months in the US on a work visa, where they can earn as much as they want. What's the diff between this or a seasonal crop picker, other than the paycheck?

No, that isn't quite right. Doctors that have dual citizenship may practise in either country, but they are taxed on the whole amount by both governments. They can work on either side, but they have to submit taxation info to both the IRS and Rev.Can. For this reason, most doctors that have accredation in both Canada and the US choose to practise in the US... less taxes, no provincial health plan hassles, and ultimately higher earning potential.

Hector: There is a border between Canada and the US, and it is not defended as the US/Mexico border. There are checkpoints, and it's just easier to move around for the most part.

Terrorists get into the USA legally more often than not. I said it before, I'll keep saying it: all 19 of the 9/11/01 hijackers were in the US on legal passports, all the people involved in the 1993 WTC bombing were in the USA on a legal passport. Hell, if you look at seized Al-quaida (SP?) training manuals, they state pretty clearly that you should use every LEGAL means to get into the target country, that way it's a lot harder for the authorities there to track you or throw you out of the country!

If a terrorist wants to get into the US, they're a drug flight shipment from Columbia away from getting in.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search