I have never seen gas prices... - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: I have never seen gas prices...
Friday, July 15, 2005 1:09 PM on j-body.org
u guys talking about $2 a gallon come to canada, i'm paying pretty close to $5 a gallon here, u guys r lucky...

-------------
Now Blazing: Northern Lights

Monday, July 18, 2005 8:52 AM on j-body.org
Petrol is now £1 per litre in scotland. I put 19 Litres of 98 octane unleaded into my car earlier, it cost me £19. Thats about $6.50 per gallon

It seems crazy, we export way more oil than we import, we are europes 'oil capital' and yet we pay the most. We only have 1 oil refinery and its 60 miles away so its not like it costs a lot in transportation. Even the price of LGP is creeping up...
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 6:38 AM on j-body.org
Gas prices will eventually go down just like they did after the 80's crisis, during that time gas prices were at 90$ a barrel with todays adjusted inflation. People couldn't afford gas anymore so they found alternatives, driving less, using other methods of transportation, moving closer to work, etc. But the biggest thing that happend in the 80's was the evolution of the small car, the number of V8 cars was reduced because the demand for smaller cars grew, this is how our cars came into the world, 1981 good year! This is all because gas is an elastic product, meaning that price will go up so much and then people will get fed up and they will find alternatives, this is what makes it elastic. Some people say that gas is inelastic but its not at that point of price yet where people will be fed up, its still reasonable and its just going up and down everyday depending on whats going on. History will repeat itself and things will change for the better.

I also don't find reason to blame Bush so much for the gas prices, sure war has some impact, but its all a free market economy and there is supply and demand. Right now in the case of oil the supply is tight and the demand is on the high side, this drives higher prices. To those who say we should put a cap on oil prices that would be stupid in terms of economics. Putting a cap on gas prices (also called a price ceiling) will make a shortage, as we see in Ontario with the power company, the govt put a cap on the price of electricity and we are experiencing shortages so the company has to import energy from the states.
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 6:48 AM on j-body.org
Actually, we're importing more from Quebec than any state. Gotta love James Bay I & II.

You'd think that after the black out 2 yrs ago the ontario gov't would have gotten their heads out of their collective arses and started to rebuild the power grid and spool up Chalk River and Fix up Pickering nuclear power plants.

Maybe, I'm just mental.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 10:03 AM on j-body.org
well the govt here in Ontario sucks so what can you expect ahahhaha

GAM wat do you think of my economic view about gas prices?
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 12:57 PM on j-body.org
Yea oil prices are certainly outside the reach of the US goverment , they have little influence on it. Something that the US governement can do which would help is raising the standards for fuel mileage on new cars for the automotive industry, for instance make 20mpg a limit that all cars and trucks sold in this country must get no less than 20mpg, that would drop our oil consumption a bit. Also construct at least 2 new refinerys since there hasnt been any new ones built in the past 25 years.

Amazing that I can come up with these ideas and our leaders cant

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 8:21 PM on j-body.org
yes I agree with ur idea, we can already see soemthing like this happening in California they have the strictist laws for their cars there, infact there is a law inplace where in 2010 car makers won't be able to sell a polluting veichle (correct me if i'm wrong!!) That 20mpg law would be good because most the V8 trucks are close to it anwyays I'm sure GM can do it, they also got the DOD (displacement on demand) going on now so the trucks will only run on 4 cyl and 8 if needed.
Monday, January 22, 2007 7:24 AM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:Oil prices will be close to 80 a barrel by the end of this year, thats the road we're on, think im crazy, your the one thats too narrow to see whats already happening, the age of cheap gas is long over and its only uphill from here till it becomes too expensive to use we might have 5 more years of affordable gas left at best

i wanted to bring this back....because i don't think gas ever hit 80/barrel...
and i believe now its around $50

i just wanted you to see how smart you think you are....

Monday, January 22, 2007 7:30 AM on j-body.org
Interesting Oil has dropped almost $20 a barrel yet gas prices locally shot up .30 cents Saturday to back into the $2.30's. Oh well at least it's better than $3.00+/gallon.

Monday, January 22, 2007 8:18 AM on j-body.org
Gas is $1.87 per gallon here.
Monday, January 22, 2007 8:44 AM on j-body.org
Read about Peak Oil: At $80 a barrell, It's too expensive to bring to market.

Monday, January 22, 2007 11:54 AM on j-body.org
1.82 here in St. peters MO.

Monday, January 22, 2007 6:01 PM on j-body.org
Oil prices typically go down this time of year, btw Opec just cut production which will increase the price again

Monday, January 22, 2007 6:05 PM on j-body.org
Not necessarily. Cutting production could be an effort to of stave off a price drop (an in essence stop flooding the market with oil). The price may not go up, but rather stay where it is for a bit.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 5:54 AM on j-body.org
hilarious

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 23, 2007 5:55 AM

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 6:08 AM on j-body.org
$1.98 here

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 10:04 PM on j-body.org
Holy back from the dead...

$2.52 here

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 10:08 PM on j-body.org
$1.89 here as of this morning and ive paind as high as $3.00 in miami

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 11:00 PM on j-body.org
$1.89 here too for the junk gas.

$2.15 for premium, I'll fill up all damn day at that price, it wasn't that long ago premium was $3 a gallon here. Filling up the Cavy for almost $40 sucked butt.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 5:56 AM on j-body.org
I won't be happy till gas is around $1.60.

So im not going to be happy. ever.

Tech Tone Blog
Wednesday, January 24, 2007 8:21 AM on j-body.org
1.94 here and bouncing up and down.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 8:40 AM on j-body.org
Rod: There is a switch usually to winter gas in mid-late November, it doesn't get as refined so it's cheaper... hell with the environment.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 12:10 PM on j-body.org
I hate winter gas, my mileage has gone down the crapper from 34ish down to 27s

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 8:26 PM on j-body.org
If you had a Fuel Catalyst it might help.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 11:11 AM on j-body.org
Greetings

Knoxville, TN VOLS

$1.98 for 87

GO VOLS!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search